PDA

View Full Version : A Cracked Pot

sejwaldeepak
December 3rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Note: I read this story a long time back. I may not be able to reproduce it as beautifully as it was when I read it but the message it holds is still very important to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once there was a young boy who lived on the mountains. He would daily fetch water from a nearby pool, carrying two clay pots on his shoulders one on left and other on right.
The pot he carried on his right shoulder had a slight crack and water would seep out. The other pot made fun of it and the pot itself felt upset.
One day the cracked pot said to the boy, I have a fault, am cracked and I cannot hold water. I am not serving you properly so why dont you throw me away.
The boy smiled softly but said nothing.
The next day while he was carrying back the pots he asked the cracked pot to look around on the right side of the road. The pot saw that there were flowers and plants on the right side of the road but the left side had no greenery at all.
When they came back home the boy asked the pot what he saw on the way. The pot replied beauty.
Then the boy said, I always knew that you had this flaw - that you are cracked and water seeps out from you. That is why I planted seeds on the right side of the road. So that when I carry you, you would water those plants and they would grow. The flowers you saw on the way were those that you water daily. If I change you with another pot then those flowers would not be watered and the beauty would be no more. Your flaw is a drawback for me but for something else its the life!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all are cracked pots. We love people who have flaws and at some point we come to know about these flaws. But instead of throwing them away, we should accept the flaws and should make the best out of them!

nd-chora
December 3rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Note: I read this story a long time back. I may not be able to reproduce it as beautifully as it was when I read it but the message it holds is still very important to me.
Once there was a young boy who lived on the mountains. He would daily fetch water from a nearby pool, carrying two clay pots on his shoulders one on left and other on right.
The pot he carried on his right shoulder had a slight crack and water would seep out. The other pot made fun of it and the pot itself felt upset.
One day the cracked pot said to the boy, I have a fault, am cracked and I cannot hold water. I am not serving you properly so why dont you throw me away.
The boy smiled softly but said nothing.
The next day while he was carrying back the pots he asked the cracked pot to look around on the right side of the road. The pot saw that there were flowers and plants on the right side of the road but the left side had no greenery at all.
When they came back home the boy asked the pot what he saw on the way. The pot replied beauty.
Then the boy said, I always knew that you had this flaw - that you are cracked and water seeps out from you. That is why I planted seeds on the right side of the road. So that when I carry you, you would water those plants and they would grow. The flowers you saw on the way were those that you water daily. If I change you with another pot then those flowers would not be watered and the beauty would be no more. Your flaw is a drawback for me but for something else its the life!
We all are cracked pots. We love people who have flaws and at some point we come to know about these flaws. But instead of throwing them away, we should accept the flaws and should make the best out of them!

bhai sejwal tanne bahut kaam ki baat bata di, tu inaam ka haqdaar se , tanne de te dun per tu kho dega balak se..........kidding
but yaar really tanne khush ker diya mere yaar, i was feeling some dipression today but after reading this feeling something gone ot on my head.....feeling peace and cool

great stuff

viveksiwatch
December 3rd, 2005, 05:47 PM
Nice food for thought deepak...it makes real good sense :)

cheers,

~vivek

jitendershooda
December 3rd, 2005, 07:43 PM
Nice one Deepak!!!

rajeshrathee
December 4th, 2005, 09:22 AM
good effort deepak sejwal
i like it

jashvir
December 9th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Nice story Deepak !!!

spdeshwal
December 10th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Nice story Deepak!

I believe, the story teaches us how to convert our weakness into our strenth, our disadvantage into advantage and our failures into our success.