PDA

View Full Version : USMLE

ugehlot
December 10th, 2002, 01:16 AM
help and direction needed to prepare for USMLE....do we have members here who are doing their residency here in america or preparing for their steps...do let me know

ram ram

gehlot

singhkapoor
December 10th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Upender bhai

I m not sure if the exam is same for people who have done MBBS from India and for people who have earned their MBBS from USA.

As I understand u r pursuing your MBBS in the States. And I know someone who has cleared this exam (USMLE) from India.

Let me know if that would be of any help.

good luck

kapoor singh

P.S. :
I m not a doctor....excuse my ignorance if I m totally off target, in understanding your need. I tried!!!

ugehlot
December 10th, 2002, 12:08 PM
kapoor bhai ram ram,
i have finished my MBBS from India...and currently pursuing my health care administration masters from USA...
thanks for all your help...

gehlot

shamsher
December 17th, 2002, 07:28 PM
hey
if u need guidance ,do contact me..i think i can be of help in step1.2 as i have recently covered them..score94 and 93 respectively..do mail me in anytime...shamsher

shalumalik
January 17th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Hello ,

Iam also a doctor did my MBBS from Russia. I want to prepare for USMLE . Please do write some guidelines how to prepare.

Thanks

amitshokeen
January 18th, 2003, 04:00 AM
hi

Are you the same Shalu Malik from OLF?.

amit

dramalik
January 19th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Upender ji, ram ram. did u give the GRE after your MBBS for your Masters? I've finished my MBBS and am preparing for GRE for Public health/Psychopharmacology Masters in the US. Any tips abt school selection etc?

ugehlot
January 19th, 2003, 06:08 AM
malik sir....i did give my gre...if u need any help let me know

upen

dramalik
January 20th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Upender bhai,
Nyoo bata do school selection kaise kiya jaaye? I think I can crack the exam without any problem. Uskey baad vahan pahonchney ka kya byoont hai? Thank you.

birbal
January 21st, 2003, 12:26 AM
If you pass USMLE you will need to complete a residency in the US. While making a decision as to where to go, I suggest you stick to the field you like, but be flexible on the location. You will find that large number of foreign doctors are in the hospitals not so well liked by the American graduates (actually, these hospitals are not bad, their location is in a "bad" area mainly in the ghetto areas of big cities). Some other areas which are not so much prefferred by Americans are in my opinion not so bad at all, like El Passo, Texas, right on Mexico border.

Birbal Singh

ugehlot
January 21st, 2003, 10:18 AM
try to get into state schools....MPH is a light course and gives u ample time to study for MLEs.....state schools have funds available for scholarships.....

look at these websites www.asph.org....gives u a list of all accredited schools where they have programs in public health....if u have a good score u will definitely get scholarship or assisstantships in a public health program......

if u need further information let me know

gehlot

ugehlot
January 21st, 2003, 10:23 AM
Which batch from AFMC Malik Sahab.....
gehlot

rahul2424o
January 25th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Bhaieo
i am done with all 3 steps of usmle with 99 and 99 . Also attended interviews for 2003 match.May be i can be of help
i will be more than happy to help because i have gone through all phases that some of you are going .I know what is the value of right suggestion because i had an hard time.

ugehlot
January 25th, 2003, 10:55 AM
I was wondering if you could send a list of books u read for the steps and any other i formation you think could for the prep...
u have awesome scores and wish u all the best for the residency match

gehlot

rahul2424o
January 25th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Hello upender,
Well its hard to explain every thing because i don,t know for which step you are preparing for.
For any step if you will ask me read kaplan notes or(Video) center preparation with some additions from here and there.
Ask specifically please for which step you want information.I will be more than happy.
I was in saint louis last week for my interview at washington university.I have one more but i think i will not go for it at uni. of saint louis.
good luck
Upender Gehlot (Jan 25, 2003 12:25 a.m.):
I was wondering if you could send a list of books u read for the steps and any other i formation you think could for the prep...

gehlot

rahul2424o
January 25th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Hello upender,
Well its hard to explain every thing because i don,t know for which step you are preparing for.
For any step if you will ask me read kaplan notes or(Video) center preparation with some additions from here and there.
Ask specifically please for which step you want information.I will be more than happy.
I was in saint louis last week for my interview at washington university.I have one more but i think i will not go for it at uni. of saint louis.
good luck
Upender Gehlot (Jan 25, 2003 12:25 a.m.):

gehlot

rahul2424o
January 26th, 2003, 02:27 AM
HI
actually some state are just hostile for foriegn medical graduates and some are flexible.
Try these states NY , PA ,micigan, connecticut,Ohio,massori,some in texas,rhode island.Some areas will not prefer you if you don,t know spenish.
Same thing with in which specialty you should apply.some specialities they won,t even consider you like orthopedics ,ENT because every american graduate is after that .same thing with radiology its very compitive now mainly because of easy life style and money.
but there is no harm in trying but i would suggest also apply in specialties in which you can get easly as a backup.
rakesh
Dr. Birbal Singh (Jan 20, 2003 01:56 p.m.):
If you pass USMLE you will need to complete a residency in the US. While making a decision as to where to go, I suggest you stick to the field you like, but be flexible on the location. You will find that large number of foreign doctors are in the hospitals not so well liked by the American graduates (actually, these hospitals are not bad, their location is in a "bad" area mainly in the ghetto areas of big cities). Some other areas which are not so much prefferred by Americans are in my opinion not so bad at all, like El Passo, Texas, right on Mexico border.

Birbal Singh

dramalik
January 26th, 2003, 11:19 PM
1991 batch upender.

sweet
April 4th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Upender Gehlot (Jan 18, 2003 07:38 p.m.):
malik sir....i did give my gre...if u need any help let me know

upen

upender singh ji,

one of my relative has to give gre for masters, can u please tell something about tht, how is the exam, how much tough, which books shud be referred, all things..........

thanku very much, i'll appreciate ur help,
or anybody else can help, plz do,
regards.

ugehlot
April 4th, 2003, 03:04 PM
let me know what program she/he is applying to

ratananmol
April 26th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Friends
I can provide some very useful tips for GRE exam.I am moving to Univ of Maryland for my P.HD in economics this fall.write to me at ratananmol@hotmail.com.
I need a roadmap for my brother who is completing his MBBS from AIIMS,New Delhi this December.
We may ask nitin to redesign this feature.
A Ratan

ratananmol
April 26th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Friends
I can provide some very useful tips for GRE exam.I am moving to Univ of Maryland for my P.HD in economics this fall.write to me at ratananmol@hotmail.com.
I need a roadmap for my brother to take USMLE who is completing his MBBS from AIIMS,New Delhi this December.
We may ask nitin to redesign this feature.
A Ratan