PDA

View Full Version : New Section on Jatland?

singhkapoor
December 9th, 2005, 10:36 AM
It is painful to see threads such as “Raj Rathee’s concept of Harya” heading towards the archives of jatland.

I very much appreciate the efforts being made by Naveen, Raj, Vinod and others to organize big groups to help improve lives of rural folk. While these ideas crystallize and take shape, can we expect and motivate individual people to do small things, which may add up to big results?

I am wondering whether it would be worthwhile to create a separate/new section at jatland - titled “Social Projects”. We all believe in the adage “Charity begins at home” but can we (at least some of us) pledge ourselves to the cause of social work and start individual projects (helping people outside of your family)……projects, however small or big.

There are umpteen ways to help people; so, individuals can decide as to what kind of project would be most suited to their target area. I strongly believe in investing in future of young kids…giving them the gift of education; so they can become self reliant. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Every time someone talks of organizing/forming a social-work group here, nearly 20 people respond with the intention of joining the group. How about each of these 20 people adopting one child each in their respective village/locality and becoming the child’s mentor? The mentor can:

Pay for the child’s tuition from his own pocket; or
Raise money from his friends/colleagues (there is no shame in asking friends for donations); or
Hook up the child with someone who can arrange/provide for education loans or scholarships; or
Help the child get through some vocational training (ITI courses for boys; seamstress courses for girls….etc.); or
Simply help the child in making an informed decision regarding his/her future; be his/her source of information.

These are some very basic ideas…..please feel free to add to the list.

I am sure quite a few members are already doing this kind of work. But, if we can start a new section “social projects” we can request/encourage these people to post the success stories of their projects, which will inspire more people to follow suit.

If anyone is interested in trying out this experiment, please post here. If you show sincerity and commitment, I am sure there are people on this site who can help you raise money for your project. It does not take much to support one child but imagine how satisfying and fulfilling that experience would be for both you and that child.

Best Wishes

vinodks
December 9th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Kapoorji, we raised this issue before and several serious members requested. But moderators didn't even care to reply. I guess the real work shouldn't depend on availablity or non-avaiability of certain forum. Of course this site is great service to community. Once I showed my concern about rather non-democratic nature of post-handling on the site and the same day I got 3 PMs from moderator about my starting threads in inappropriate forums. But, these things are minor. Everybody is right. In fact, everybody is always right:).

-vinod

I am wondering whether it would be worthwhile to create a separate/new section at jatland - titled “Social Projects”. We all believe in the adage “Charity begins at home” but can we (at least some of us) pledge ourselves to the cause of social work and start individual projects (helping people outside of your family)……projects, however small or big.

stokas
December 13th, 2005, 11:42 PM
I am sure quite a few members are already doing this kind of work. But, if we can start a new section “social projects” we can request/encourage these people to post the success stories of their projects, which will inspire more people to follow suit.

It does not take much to support one child but imagine how satisfying and fulfilling that experience would be for both you and that child.

Surely Kapoor bhai,

We do need a new section "Social Projects". I strongly recommend this!!

If we are keen enough to know/use the latest technology, then we should also be aware about the latest developments going on in our community.

Some members may not be interested in 'social developments' etc. - but, atleast, some should be.

It could be a satisfying experience for some!!

sumitpawar
December 14th, 2005, 10:17 PM
sir i agreee to wat u have said in your post the point is these things looks very attrative while posting on posts on the forum but when u have to actually collect ppl and want to start the work when u come to knw that ppl just post here ,that yes they really want to do such kinda things in there life but but they also have soe or the other reasons for now turning up as and when they are needed for this kind of holy cause........................

its always very easy to say these big words anywhere but its always difficult to follow them , turn them into reality is a big task and esply in Jats it is VERY MUCH DIFFICULT , i hope Tokas bhaiya has gone through all this pain all alone i just experienced few time the same situation ........................

so hope that if u can do anythings good for the society it would be gr8 :)

anujkadyan
December 19th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I agree to the need for such a section too. it wuld be great if we can have such a section so that such topics dont die down and I am sure something ro the other would come out of the efforts.
It wont go waste for sure.

Even if we take up a good project I am sure from this site itself we can riase a decent amount of money and get a lot of help for seeing it to completion. so lets try to get this if possible.

Regards,
Anuj Kadyan

gaganjat
December 20th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Right but we are scattered. There is a need to bring people together first to make a difference which can be seen.

Good to see things are happening as some of our Jat brothers like Shailendra Tokas, Dev Dhayia, Navin Guliya and others are really keen to bring people together and doing something for community.

We always miss the point to form a real organisation. We got to be lot more organised and quick to get out of theory and do something. A solid organisation is needed first with systamatic approach. Everything should be transparent and on papers.

I feel we have an encyclopedia of problems but we are not into merathon , its a 100 meter flash thing. Got to take up the things in long run and it should be ongoing not finishing after events.

And having that new section is a good idea !

positivelook
December 20th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Dear members

Idea is good but still i also insist to form a proper organisation if we are serious abt doin something for our community. I have seen this lots of time on Jatland that we talk abt the issues for 10-12 days and after that that thread lost. So if some members are really serious lets give it a go and make a organisation cos i beleive without making a solid organisation we cant achieve our goals. I know some members are really serious on issue but dont want to step ahead but i bleive kissi ko toh aaggee aana hee padega. But if it happens soon its good otherwise when i got time i will try to unite all Jats from here under one roof.

Abhimanyu Phougat

anujkadyan
December 20th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Abhimanyu bhai you are right in this.

We already have formed a yahoo gorup for this. jatland_seva and I think you are also part of it.

We are taking small steps but I am sure they are all in the right direction. Once we all have the meeting next week in Dec I am sure our pace would be much faster and we would be able to take a more organized and structured form.

Regards,
Anuj kadyan