PDA

View Full Version : New Cricket Coach

dramit07
December 15th, 2005, 11:09 AM
I Strongly feel that we need a new coach for our cricket team and this time this responsibility should be given to players like KAPIL OR GAVASKAR, who else can do a better job than those who won us the world cup. why do we need to run always behind foreigners and its so sad this time its chappel who is openly conspiring against indian cricket, shows middle finger to indian crowd . i salute ganguly for his bravery that he raised his voice against him but he will have to suffer because nobody will support him in this hour,we are so used to be ruled by foreigners.if this continues and if what yashpal sharma said is true that now chappel wants to get sehwag,bhajji and zaheer out is true is very shameful for our national pride.cricket is a sport not a politics

nd-chora
December 15th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Narwal bhai it was ganguly who has started all this lobbing and politics in team india. He himself declared God of india team, his behavier was not friendly towards team members, he came like a master or king for themselves . it was the main problem when chapple took the charge as a coach. Chapples mistake is only that he didnt like this one man centered rein. so he started to oppose and result came as u r seeing. Ganguly's prince type behavior came in light when he played in county in england, Flintoff also write about ganguly in his autobiography that his behaviour is not for teams interest. yes he did a lot for team india but his self believes cricket god image and over proud took him where he is now.
But now comes on your question, foreigner coach is not as such problem. we already had tested our domestic coaches and result was not so good, so at last we were abide to depends on foreign coach. same happened with pakistan also. Any way there is no problem with chapple but we should give him limited power otherwise fate would be like ganguly oneday.

devdahiya
December 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM
I Strongly feel that we need a new coach for our cricket team and this time this responsibility should be given to players like KAPIL OR GAVASKAR, who else can do a better job than those who won us the world cup. why do we need to run always behind foreigners and its so sad this time its chappel who is openly conspiring against indian cricket, shows middle finger to indian crowd . i salute ganguly for his bravery that he raised his voice against him but he will have to suffer because nobody will support him in this hour,we are so used to be ruled by foreigners.if this continues and if what yashpal sharma said is true that now chappel wants to get sehwag,bhajji and zaheer out is true is very shameful for our national pride.cricket is a sport not a politics

Bhai if thousands of people abuse you in worst quoted English, Hindi and Bengali slangs with utmost hatred not sparing even mother and nation [thats what people in Kolkotta did to chappal] then why not a finger? Let us not get governed by false sense of pride. Does Indian culture suggest that you abuse a very responsible man of Chappal's stature in filthiest possible language. After all Chappal too has self respect and ego...He is not a cow. So far he has done a very fine job of a coach. Let us not get behind him like that.

jagmohan
December 16th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Dear All,

The controversy over Ganguly is unfortunate because it is being equated with the efficacy of appointing Chappel as a coach. We should understand certain things clearly and taking into considerations our characteristics. We are basically lazy people (exception only proves the rule) and don't like to work hard. No wonder we fare so badly in almost all sports. One silver medal in individual sport in Olympics in the last 60 years or so for a nation of our size is shameful. Now please don't give me a lecture about facilities, infrastructure and genetics. If I am not wrong even a nation like Surinam has a Gold Medal in Swimming.

What is the harm if Chappel is making the Indian Cricket Demi-Gods go through a scientifically proven physical fitness program? What is the harm in experimenting and making every player believe that he can be made to play in any position for the interests of the team?

The fact is that Gavaskar doesn't posses the talent or aptitude to become a coach (he himself has said this). Even Kapil Dev was tried and we all saw what happened (Vo fixing ka episode yaad aaya jab Kapil bhoo bhoo kar ke roya tha BBC interview main. Natakbazz). Let us not forget that Chappel comes from a nation that has sports in its veins. Just see the statistics. I know some of you might say 'Under Arm Bowling Incident', but then what he did then was very much within the rules of the game and for his team (the rule was changed later). In 'Kalyug' sometimes it is important to forget the virtues of 'Satyug'.

Bhai, Sehwag improve nahin karega, physically & mentally, to vo bhi nikalega. World Cup 2007 mein jeetna hai to 'Danda' chahiye. I am saying this with a lot of conviction. As far as Chappel is concerned, all players are equal. Sabko ground ke 10 Chakkar katne hain to Bhai katne hain. Tendulkar hoga Cricket God for the nation but even he too has to be fit. And by the way he is 'The Most Disciplined' player in the present team.

I am waiting for that day when we discuss about Hockey, Kabbadi and Volleyball with same intensity !!!

Regards,

JS Malik

dramit07
December 16th, 2005, 11:15 AM
malik ji
i can understand what u mean and it has logic ,but everything that is seen from outside is not always true.we all know that it was under ganguly that indian cricket started to improve[mentally and fitness level too].we know he is arrogant , impulsive but that clicks for our team , his bad luck in world cup final that none of our player performed otherwise no one would have dared to touch him.
anyways we all want indian team to perform and thats the main goal.regarding kapil and match fixing i know everyone has different opinions but i dont believe he is involved.kapil has given so much to indian cricket that it would be injustice to blame him and also he came out clean.
narwal