PDA

View Full Version : should we drop mother tounge language??

anildabas1701
December 16th, 2005, 10:41 AM
well i am very confused over the topic and looking some advice over the topic. my mother tounge language is haryanvi. but in todays date we all are trying our best to drop it. those who have shifted to cities or abroad, all are looking to drop it. all person those who are educated are liking hindi/english. should we drop our haryanvi language???? as we have seen that for development it is not necessary to forget your language, its good that we are keen to learn hindi or english but we are dropping haryanvi?? are germans, french, korean, japnese, chinese or punjabi not progressing in their lives?

nd-chora
December 16th, 2005, 11:22 AM
anil bhai dont be confused otherwise hum sab confused ho jayengen. always stick to ur mother tounge but learn other language also for developemnt , for competition, to communicate to the world.
apni language wahan bolo jahan usko koi samajh sake nahi to bolane ka fayeda kya hei....samajhe.
and more important thing is that we should feel proud on our mother tounge but now some peoples have changed this trend, gaon mein dekha hoga jab koi saher se noukari ker ke aata hei te katti pure hindi bollega raksh ka beej, jannu 6 mahine mein wo haryanvi bhul gya, khasker aapne fouji bhai.

mera kahne ka matlab hei bhai humen apni haryanvi bolate huye sharm nahi aanni chahiye.....ar bhai keke bhujega mhyare desh ka a yu haal horya sei, tu kisse interview mien hindi bol ke clear ker ke dikha de, angreji ke patche pad liye bhai..........MUJHE TO GHAMAND HEI BHAI APNI HARYANVI PE AUR HINDI PE BHI.

devdahiya
December 16th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Haryanvi is not a mother tongue but a dialect.It does not figure in the list of BHASHAS representing the shedule of constituion of India. So dear members let us not start abusing people who can not understand or speak our local Haryanavi dialect. Bhai Devendra ristedar kindly don't make a sweeping statement by accusing people...RAKASS KE BEEJ REFERS...specially Faujis, of talking in Hindi. Fauj is not Haryanavi...it is a multi linguistic society and as such Haryanavi is neither spoken or tried to be spoken in that atmosphere, inspite of your bravado and hence it is not the fault of that Fauji to talk in Hindi when he comes on leave, as he had been conversing in Hindi with his fellow beings while in the units.

Please don't misinterpret things and try malign a section of people by a casual approach. Yes you should Know Haryanavi to communicate with people of similar fabric but why not learn a quality English, Hindi or for that matter all the languages of the world? It will make one a more useful human being. I know 4-5 languages very well and inspite of the fact that i am cut off from the Haryana main stream for good about 30 years, i am as fresh in Haryanavi as any Tau In Kiloi. So let us not show our frustration on this world for not practicing and worshiping only Haryanavi. After 40-50 years may be you will hardly hear any Haryanvi on this planet....Ferr..?

nd-chora
December 17th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Haryanvi is not a mother tongue but a dialect.It does not figure in the list of BHASHAS representing the shedule of constituion of India. So dear members let us not start abusing people who can not understand or speak our local Haryanavi dialect. Bhai Devendra ristedar kindly don't make a sweeping statement by accusing people...RAKASS KE BEEJ REFERS...specially Faujis, of talking in Hindi. Fauj is not Haryanavi...it is a multi linguistic society and as such Haryanavi is neither spoken or tried to be spoken in that atmosphere, inspite of your bravado and hence it is not the fault of that Fauji to talk in Hindi when he comes on leave, as he had been conversing in Hindi with his fellow beings while in the units.

Please don't misinterpret things and try malign a section of people by a casual approach. Yes you should Know Haryanavi to communicate with people of similar fabric but why not learn a quality English, Hindi or for that matter all the languages of the world? It will make one a more useful human being. I know 4-5 languages very well and inspite of the fact that i am cut off from the Haryana main stream for good about 30 years, i am as fresh in Haryanavi as any Tau In Kiloi. So let us not show our frustration on this world for not practicing and worshiping only Haryanavi. After 40-50 years may be you will hardly hear any Haryanvi on this planet....Ferr..?

Highly misinterpretation of things. Mother tongue is what your mother, your living society , ur neighbourers can speak, it can be either language or dialect. But question was not like this that haryanvi is a language or dialect, it is definitly a dialect. If you read what i wanted to say is same as u wrote after. We should not feel shame to speak in our dialect that was my motto to write but you take it some other way.

Second thing i wrote "Rakass ka beej" in humor way, its general humor in our rural area, its not a GAALI or to malign somebodys image. But you projected and highlighted in capital letters, i could not understand by doing this what u wanted to prove or its just streching the length of writing. This "Rakass ka beej" , a father use to his son, a brother to his brother, a friend to his friend and not only in negative way it also used in positive way also. for example when one wrestler won the battle people usually say Rakass ka beej le ga bhe baazi. So i think its not like that as u interpreted it. Why u elaborate things about Fouji in such a way? my intention was not to malign it, there are so much humor about Fouji brothers and specially about their Hindi, but it should take in that way.......... so it my kind request to all jatland members please please... take the things in right approach of thread, and if u just find out how to criticise others writing, its not a solution of anything.

with regards,
davender

positivelook
December 17th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Bhai Dabas

I m not agree that people who moved to big cities and abroad are not interested in speaking Haryanavi. As Dev sir said Haryanavi is just a dialect but still i say that we still feel proud to speak in Haryanavi whenever we get chance in abroad also.

Abhimanyu Phougat

devdahiya
December 17th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Highly misinterpretation of things. Mother tongue is what your mother, your living society , ur neighbourers can speak, it can be either language or dialect. But question was not like this that haryanvi is a language or dialect, it is definitly a dialect. If you read what i wanted to say is same as u wrote after. We should not feel shame to speak in our dialect that was my motto to write but you take it some other way.

Second thing i wrote "Rakass ka beej" in humor way, its general humor in our rural area, its not a GAALI or to malign somebodys image. But you projected and highlighted in capital letters, i could not understand by doing this what u wanted to prove or its just streching the length of writing. This "Rakass ka beej" , a father use to his son, a brother to his brother, a friend to his friend and not only in negative way it also used in positive way also. for example when one wrestler won the battle people usually say Rakass ka beej le ga bhe baazi. So i think its not like that as u interpreted it. Why u elaborate things about Fouji in such a way? my intention was not to malign it, there are so much humor about Fouji brothers and specially about their Hindi, but it should take in that way.......... so it my kind request to all jatland members please please... take the things in right approach of thread, and if u just find out how to criticise others writing, its not a solution of anything.

with regards,
davender

Ristedar i don't want to talk more as it is fruitless to dislodge a person who has already taken a swift position to convince himself that he does nothing wrong and accusses others of doing all the wrong. Your previous post says it all. Let us not drag it further bhai.

arundagar
December 17th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Below are just my own views after silently going thru’ many of the treads since I joined the site on 23 Nov.’05. I am not trying to preach but just sharing my views:

I think context is very important. In our written communications, we can have words expressing our thoughts/ ourselves but cannot show emotions/ physical expressions and hence many interpretations are possible of same/similar words while no one intentionally wants to hurt others. I am observing this in many communications here that a small subject that starts as Joke/ Humor/ General info. is interpreted in many ways down the line and leads to personality clashes while it's not intended to do so. But nonetheless, it happens and it will happen and there are no rules to avoid that. So in my opinion we shouldn’t go specific to words or statements and shall try to give benefit of doubt to others, try to look for context and let's pick up few and ignore few. I don’t know how many of the site members we know personally or will ever get to meet face-to-face.

Again above are just my views/ observations and having no intention to preach. I enjoy reading the material posted here whenever I get chance. Trying to improve my Haryanvi and sometimes lost on some specific words so look for Haryanvi Web Dictionary or try to take someone’s help.

Cheers!

anildabas1701
December 17th, 2005, 12:59 PM
dev dahiya bhai i am agreeing with you that there will hardly be anyperson on planet that would be using haryanvi, but this is just opposite to punjabi..
the number of people that are speaking punjabi are increasing over the year, than why should not we try???? what is the reason that there number is increasing and ours decreasing??????
its the same as sardars are very regular to gurudwaras and we dont even care to go to temple!!!!!
would anyone of us would care to teach haryanvi to our children??????

devdahiya
December 17th, 2005, 01:14 PM
dev dahiya bhai i am agreeing with you that there will hardly be anyperson on planet that would be using haryanvi, but this is just opposite to punjabi..
the number of people that are speaking punjabi are increasing over the year, than why should not we try???? what is the reason that there number is increasing and ours decreasing??????
its the same as sardars are very regular to gurudwaras and we dont even care to go to temple!!!!!
would anyone of us would care to teach haryanvi to our children??????

My dear Anil, you can see my posts on jatland. Jitna fakar mei apni bhasha ko bolne aur promote karne mei karta huun, utna bohot kum logg karte honge. Haath kangan ko aarshi kya...padhhe likhe ko pharsi kya. I have Two children and inspite of the fact that they have been born and brought up away from our main land, both are very well equipped in Haryanavi and i am proud of that fact. Point was that if i know Haryanavi, I should not force the language on others and that those jats who do not speak in Haryanavi [due to various reasons] are no less jats[as per me]. I for one will keep writing, speaking and promoting Haryanavi, without getting jittery about why the whole world is not talking in Haryanavi. And that was the point i was making. I am equally proud of every thing talked about here but not mad about things. God bless !

nd-chora
December 21st, 2005, 07:49 AM
Below are just my own views after silently going thru’ many of the treads since I joined the site on 23 Nov.’05. I am not trying to preach but just sharing my views:

I think context is very important. In our written communications, we can have words expressing our thoughts/ ourselves but cannot show emotions/ physical expressions and hence many interpretations are possible of same/similar words while no one intentionally wants to hurt others. I am observing this in many communications here that a small subject that starts as Joke/ Humor/ General info. is interpreted in many ways down the line and leads to personality clashes while it's not intended to do so. But nonetheless, it happens and it will happen and there are no rules to avoid that. So in my opinion we shouldn’t go specific to words or statements and shall try to give benefit of doubt to others, try to look for context and let's pick up few and ignore few. I don’t know how many of the site members we know personally or will ever get to meet face-to-face.

Again above are just my views/ observations and having no intention to preach. I enjoy reading the material posted here whenever I get chance. Trying to improve my Haryanvi and sometimes lost on some specific words so look for Haryanvi Web Dictionary or try to take someone’s help.

Cheers!

arun bhai u r absolutly right that we should take care about context rather then words, examples or specific lines. But its the trend here, peoples dont care in what context writer wants to say instead they try to cash advantage from it.

Arun really glad to hear from u that u r silent observer of jatland and enjoying it in all its way but bhai sometimes put ur thoughts also so that v all come to know u personally.

devdahiya
December 21st, 2005, 08:03 AM
arun bhai u r absolutly right that we should take care about context rather then words, examples or specific lines. But its the trend here, peoples dont care in what context writer wants to say instead they try to cash advantage from it.

Arun really glad to hear from u that u r silent observer of jatland and enjoying it in all its way but bhai sometimes put ur thoughts also so that v all come to know u personally.

Bhai ristedaar iss jatland pe koe sensible aadmi koe advantage na letta....ke mil jyaga advantage le-ke. Kisse ke seeng phanss rhe sein ak kille battein sein. Kindly have your say and enjoy. Why unneccessary read too much in things and compound your mental agony. I find nothing wrong in a counter view if not fired to an indvidual or group to tarnish the image. We never met in life but still carry grudges against our own brothrens and sisters. We all are right in some or other way. Let us talk healthy and positive to enhance happinesss levels of each other rather than taking a digging approach. Let us get connected and get benefitted by the virtues and acuman of each other. I didn't want to comment here but still thought to go ahead because i love my kaum from the bottom of my heart inspite of our deep shortcomings,specially on personal matters and one-to-one interactin. No body is paying to the members or giving them shabbashi to be here.It is the interest of an indvidual to interact with like minded jat fellows,which keep people responding and unfortunately those who do that sincerely are attacked by own people by sting words and fake Ids. But then this world is like that....those who have passion will advance in life and rest will perish as stupidities don't travel too far. Cheers !

nd-chora
December 21st, 2005, 08:23 AM
Bhai ristedaar iss jatland pe koe sensible aadmi koe advantage na letta....ke mil jyaga advantage le-ke. Kisse ke seeng phanss rhe sein ak kille battein sein. Kindly have your say and enjoy. Why unneccessary read too much in things and compound your mental agony. I find nothing wrong in a counter view if not fired to an indvidual or group to tarnish the image. We never met in life but still carry grudges against our own brothrens and sisters. We all are right in some or other way. Let us talk healthy and positive to enhance happinesss levels of each other rather than taking a digging approach. Let us get connected and get benefitted by the virtues and acuman of each other.

ristedar why r u having so conscious about a general post? i wrote it in a universal way, not pointing to individual. i was giving a reply to Mr. Arun post and approving what he wrote. And from the first day i never keep the digging approach for anyone but i was astonished when first time u said that ur pevious post also say the negative approach. and there is no question of grudge or rancor. why will i keep grudge to u or anyone? But its for sure that i can not tolerate unnecessary comment on my post or when someone try to cash advantage to find out how to criticise him.
lets have enjoy here and take advantage to improve our mental standard by gain knowledge or if we can do anything then do for society or community.
and plz dont extend it more now.

devdahiya
December 21st, 2005, 08:34 AM
ristedar why r u having so conscious about a general post? i wrote it in a universal way, not pointing to individual. i was giving a reply to Mr. Arun post and approving what he wrote. And from the first day i never keep the digging approach for anyone but i was astonished when first time u said that ur pevious post also say the negative approach. and there is no question of grudge or rancor. why will i keep grudge to u or anyone? But its for sure that i can not tolerate unnecessary comment on my post or when someone try to cash advantage to find out how to criticise him.
lets have enjoy here and take advantage to improve our mental standard by gain knowledge or if we can do anything then do for society or community.
and plz dont extend it more now.

Seen..................no more comment on your posts here on. No body is interested in collecting cash or advantage from you and never was. Be happy !

anildabas1701
December 22nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
bhai logo ladd kyon rahe ho? every individual has his or her own views........
madrasi bangali jab bhi piyegaa apni bhasha bolega
jab bhi jatt piyega angreji bolega, yeh fitrat hai uski
jat risky oe risky, jat whisky oe wisky