PDA

View Full Version : Operation Majnu-Pyar per Tamacha!

spdeshwal
December 21st, 2005, 01:57 AM
Operation Majnu.....

Dear Members, i was just wondering that how many of you have seen the clips on Star TV of this so called operaion of Meerut Police against 'Eve Teasing'. It was really sad to see young people, specially girls being humiliated in front of public and media.

I wish to invite the members to share their veiws on this. Is it a sin for young boys and girls to chat in a park or at a public place?

What did police gain by hurting the self esteem of the young people?

Isn't the police was showing its sick mentality and tried to divert the attention of the public from the poor law and order situation?

Sateypal

vinodks
December 21st, 2005, 02:09 AM
I agree with you deshwalji... young people should be allowed (rather encouraged) to do chat (or whatever) in parks (or wherever)... those police-walah are as capable of being romantic as humiliated young fellow if they had opportunities... kisika kya jata hai... kyun khamkhan bachhon ko preshan karte rahte hein...

-Vinod

poonam
December 21st, 2005, 02:19 AM
It was awful!

I wonder how these ‘novel’ ideas originate in the ‘fertile’ brains of these police walas! Instead of focusing on the problems/crimes in the city they are humiliating innocent people. A bad move for sure.

The harassed ones were all adults, don’t they know how to lead their own lives. I think its direct breach of right of freedom. Even the married couples were not spared. What a waste of time and energy!

rkumar
December 21st, 2005, 03:37 AM
Youth of nation must come together and fight for their rights on issues like this. Parents of youths also should come forward and fight for the rights of their wards. I won't mind leading an agitation against such police actions. On one hand we glorify the romance and raaslila of Radha Krishna, and take pride in oldest literature on sex and then we have incidences like this. I will blame our youth as much as police. Youth of India is spineless..

RK^2

positivelook
December 21st, 2005, 06:58 AM
Dear members

Its not youth its the parents who still dont want their childrens to do these things and this is wht encourage police to do so. At the young age youngsters cant do anything against it cos all family values and culture comes in their way. But these things are really backward in a free country like India but still we have lots of people against love and chaatting of youngsters. Why we are forgetting still we have people who always oppose VALENTINES DAY IN iNDIA.

Abhimanyu Phougat

devdahiya
December 21st, 2005, 07:42 AM
Long way to go. It was real nonsense. That motti si ASI te thappadd pehlyan marre thi arr baat baad mei karre thi. Bechari chhoriyan ke thappadd maar-2 bawali banna di...arr chhoryan ke kaan pakadd ke murge banna diye. This is nothing but dictatorship. Guilty must be brought to books.

jagmohan
December 21st, 2005, 10:07 AM
The NHRC (Human Rights) & NCW (Women Commission) have served notice to the Chief Secretary, UP & SSP of Meerut. The fat SI and another ASI have been suspended. The girl who was humiliated and her boy friend are missing.

There is another angle to this episode. There is a well maintained park adjacent to the Mall Road and falls in the Army Cantonemet. Since the area is in cantonement, it is obviously peaceful and couples find it easy to chit chat. The responsibility of maintaining law & order inside the cantonement in a peace station is that of the military police that functions under the sub area. There are two Divisional HQs and a Sub Area HQ located in Meerut. Now the sub area commanders have been busy in their own world, two of the last three facing court martial for corruption. I know both of them personally.

If the local army commanders can just lay down the law in their respective areas of responsibility, not a single incident of crime would occur in the geographical limits of a cantonement. Between 1997 & 2000, I have had the greatest pleasure of serving in Mumbai Area HQ and we just laid down the law. Civilians were debarred from using any of the roads that are only meant to service the 'fauji units'. The cantonement roads had become a place for driving practice fro civilians. There was a hue and cry because even Mr Ratan Tata was stopped. But we didn't relent. There are so many incidennts about the high and mighty being asked to turn back. Most of them were BIG, but when one decided to do some thing good, nothing else matters.

Regards,

JS Malik

poonam
December 21st, 2005, 10:18 AM
The NHRC (Human Rights) & NCW (Women Commission) have served notice to the Chief Secretary, UP & SSP of Meerut.
JS Malik

Thanks for this information!

I'm glad that NHRC is not sleeping. What happened was not at all humane.

mukeshkumar007
December 21st, 2005, 01:12 PM
Koi Kam nahi hai... bosy and girls bi apni hado se behar jate dair nahi lagate..

lucky
December 21st, 2005, 02:39 PM
i never saw that news but i my self seen it in delhi how police reacts on VDAY. wel wht i have seen in my school college if some one has to go on wrong path and above parents then she or he can get spoiled even being in home surrounded by 4 walls. and the more u stop younth they would get exsited to see y they are being stop. :mad:

and police has nothing else to do then only himulate. i dout they should see wht thier kids are doing.becoz most of the eve teasings are done by police department poeple kids and politicans kids becoz they are shameless wht they have seen is wrong money and miss use of power. there are very few we can count them on fingers the police personals who are true to thier duty. :mad:

it is impossible to live now in a world were u cannot talk to boys. u need help in studys and they are good as friends also.
:):cool:

lucky
December 21st, 2005, 07:30 PM
well i have seen that news now and i am happy all those people r suspended. :D

mbamal
December 21st, 2005, 08:55 PM
Youth of India is spineless..

RK^2

Its not so much a question of "spine", than it is of a ineffective law and judicial system. I am wondering what would have been your response in this kind of situation. A normal citizen (w/o any political or police risthedaar) is helpless in these situations, all he can do is to run away from the problem...facing the problem is mostly not an option in situations like these.

devdahiya
December 21st, 2005, 08:57 PM
Its not so much a question of "spine", than it is of a ineffective law and judicial system. I am wondering what would have been your response in this kind of situation. A normal citizen (w/o any political or police risthedaar) is helpless in these situations, all he can do is to run away from the problem...facing the problem is mostly not an option in situations like these.

I will grant you that dear as Policewalas Don't understand logic in India....Wo to Suud machatte hein.

downtoearth
December 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
operation majnu>> name is enough to describe the sickness of thoose minds,, wot kind of sphere they have,, it would b a lesson for thanedarni if she finds her daughter sitting with somebody at the sametime.

aryapv
December 21st, 2005, 11:35 PM
Dear friends to my perseption my opinion is little different.... I have been there in Meerut for more than 8 years for my education or so... recently there have been a number of cases in meerut especially cases where girls were of schools and boys were from local business comunity and having poilitical backing and so... there were reports of blackmailing and so more details I should avoid or may be cut by sensor.... All what I am saying 100% true because some of my friends are there in the police department as well and I was there in the University where you can get all the information easily...
Now on the second part, the police if i am not wrong want to trap those fellow and create a kind for terror on their mind, just by targeting such hot spots, but the way they handled this serious issue resulted in what appears in front of us...
There may be chances that the police officers overreacted in front of camera and they did not expected the likely outcome of the issue....
I feel the alertness of police and their exercise are necessary but it was not the exactly right way for the same job...

anildabas1701
December 22nd, 2005, 12:42 PM
i think so it was better to call their parents who ever was under 18{school wala bachas} but slapping n beating is not a way at all.......yeh to police wala gunda wali baat hui.....

aryapv
December 23rd, 2005, 10:34 PM
have you seen the second phase of Operation Majnu... there
There is some inside story as well......

lucky
December 24th, 2005, 12:26 AM
i have seen were some parents say that police did good but tell me non of them were those parents whoes kids were insulted and one pair was marride.
AND ONE MORE THING
EVE TEASING IS NEVER DONE MY A MALE WHO HAS A GIRL FRIEND. Y WOULD A GUY TEASE A GIRL IF HE HAS A GIRL FRIEND OR HE HAS GIRLS AS GOOD FRIENDS ALSO. BECOZ A GUY HAVING GIRLS IN HIS GROUP KNOWS HOW TO RESPECT THEM OTHERWISE THOSE GIRLS WOULD NOT BE HIS FRIENDS. IT IS NON SENCE TO HIT A COUPLE HAVE U EVER READ A STORY THAT A GUY HAVING GIRL FRIEND TEASED ANOTHER GIRL OR RAPPED ANOTHER GIRL OR KIDNAPPED HER.

EVE TEASING IS DONE MY THOSE GUYS WHO DONOT GIVE A DAM RESPECT TO WOMEN OR KNOW HOW TO MISS USE THIER PARENTS PAWOR. WERE EVER U GO INDIA OR WORLD THE STORY IS SAME.

STOP OWN KIDS THEN STOPPING OTHERS I WOULD SAY TO THOSE LADY POLICE. THE WORST KIDS ARE OF THESE POEPLE AND POLITICANS and if that lady police has a girl as kid i peety on that girl wht kind of brought up she is giving
she can only say that A MALE AND FEMALE HAVE ONE RELATIONSHIP AS AFFAIR BUT THERE IS MORE TO THAT THERE IS RELATIONSHIP OF FRIENDSHIP AND TRUST.

have you seen the second phase of Operation Majnu... there
There is some inside story as well......

vinodks
December 24th, 2005, 01:38 AM
What a wisdom! But I don't agree about eve-teasing funda... all boys are capable of teasing girls directly or indirectly depending on guts.. it's independent of having gfs... Girls are no also less, they too tease... but this fact is not well known becuz selected guys go thru adam-teasing:-))... Those guys who want to be teased are never teased, thats another interesting fact... Teasing depends on whether one is teaser or not not whether one has bf or gf... What about girls teasing another girl and boys teasing another boy??? thats also common...

Coming back to topic. I agree that police did wrong thing but these young idoits also share blame... they make parks not suitable to visit with family and parents... Yeah, they make parks attractive place to go with friends:-))...

-Vinod

AND ONE MORE THING
EVE TEASING IS NEVER DONE MY A MALE WHO HAS A GIRL FRIEND. Y WOULD A GUY TEASE A GIRL IF HE HAS A GIRL FRIEND OR HE HAS GIRLS AS GOOD FRIENDS ALSO. BECOZ A GUY HAVING GIRLS IN HIS GROUP KNOWS HOW TO RESPECT THEM OTHERWISE THOSE GIRLS WOULD NOT BE HIS FRIENDS. IT IS NON SENCE TO HIT A COUPLE HAVE U EVER READ A STORY THAT A GUY HAVING GIRL FRIEND TEASED ANOTHER GIRL OR RAPPED ANOTHER GIRL OR KIDNAPPED HER.

EVE TEASING IS DONE MY THOSE GUYS WHO DONOT GIVE A DAM RESPECT TO WOMEN OR KNOW HOW TO MISS USE THIER PARENTS PAWOR. WERE EVER U GO INDIA OR WORLD THE STORY IS SAME.

STOP OWN KIDS THEN STOPPING OTHERS I WOULD SAY TO THOSE LADY POLICE. THE WORST KIDS ARE OF THESE POEPLE AND POLITICANS and if that lady police has a girl as kid i peety on that girl wht kind of brought up she is giving
she can only say that A MALE AND FEMALE HAVE ONE RELATIONSHIP AS AFFAIR BUT THERE IS MORE TO THAT THERE IS RELATIONSHIP OF FRIENDSHIP AND TRUST.

aryapv
December 24th, 2005, 10:56 PM
i have seen were some parents say that police did good but tell me non of them were those parents whoes kids were insulted and one pair was marride.
AND ONE MORE THING

i do respect your opinion but as I said there is some inside story that at least upto certain extant I am aware of ... due to some compultion not able to disclose all this on the public forum......
But for a small clue I would like to request you to go through the incidents going on in meerut and nearby places in past 3-4months specifically those involving the school going girls and the way they happened to be in the story...
No doubt there could be better way out of the story but.......

dahiyarules
December 25th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Keep trusting the government, and they will keep kicking your A**es.

The only reason that the government maintians a police force is to keep the citizens under their iron fist.

drjatin
December 27th, 2005, 12:07 AM
i Firmly support what police has done in Merrut
Most of the times if you spot someone in a park IN INDIA from the small parks of Gurgaon to the Talkatora stadium most of the times you notice the boy is usually an adult and the girl is usually a minor who is duped by the adult by money or by other means
THE BOY IS USUALLY SON OF A RICH PERSON AND IN SOME CASES EVEN MARRIED
THESE ACTIONS BY POLICE WILL PUT A FEAR AMONG THOSE PEOPLE.
THESE SPOTS ARE A BREEDING GROUND FOR CRIME
:confused: I ASK WILL ANY PAIR MORE THAN 18 WHO ARE REALLY IN LOVE WILL EVER GO TO A PARK CONSIDERED BAD LOVE SPOT BY PUBLIC?

:confused: I ASK IF YOU ARE PARENT OF A MINOR GIRL WHO EVEN CANT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN GOOD OR BAD WILL YOU WANT SUCH A PARK WITHIN YOUR SOCIETY ?
THERE ARE A LOT OF PAEDOPHILLICS AND PAEDOPHILLIA IS THE MOST COMMON SEXUAL PERVERSION
IN INDIA THERE ARE A LOT OF UNREPORTED CASES OF THE SAME WHEN THE GIRL'S PARENT DONT REPORT BECAUSE IT WILL RUIN THE LIFE OF THE GIRL
BY SUCH ACTIONS POLICE IS TRYING TO PREVENT THE BIG CRIMES
DONT COMMENT ABOUT THE SITUATION IN MERRUT SITTING FROM THE COMFORTS OF CANADA OR USA
THE SITUATION IN INDIA IS COMPLETED DIFFERENT

I AM SORRY IF I AM RUDE BUT THEIR ARE MANY ANGLES OF A STORY

Dr Jatin