PDA

View Full Version : which profession is most suitable for jats?

mukesh_rana80
January 21st, 2003, 08:59 PM
To the best of my knowledge, 100 years back in our villages(when indian economy was predominantly rural economy)main profession of JATS was farming(on big land holdings and with joint families).Bhrahmans used to perform religious and other functions like marriges...,Nai were in haircut business,Chamars were shoe makers,Chuude were cleaners,Luhars used to repair equipments,and Kumhars used make pots. In that economy jats were grain producer and used to give grains to all other comunities in return of their services.
Now in new conditions. Land holding per person has decreased to very small sizes(this size is not suitable for economoc farming, even to suport the expences of family).
Now JATS are definately going for other professions.So,which profession suits most to their knowledge,skills,temprament,social life, economic conditions and more imporantly to their attitude................

shokeen123
January 21st, 2003, 10:07 PM
ALL JOBS! No job is too small to do!

sandylawyer
January 21st, 2003, 10:43 PM
mhaishyan ne charao ur dhood becho.

just kidding.

I would suggest sound recording/engineering as a better option. justcheckout www.sae.edu for more details.there are appox.400 recording studios in delhi and 40 good engineers to record.radio mirchi,radio today all r looking out for recordists.radio boom is about to happen and for that a good recordist is a must.it's a highly paid industry.

keep rocking

sandeep dahiya

urmiladuhan
January 22nd, 2003, 04:03 AM
From temprament point of view: any job that doesn't require working for somebody i.e., independent 'karobaar'.

sandeepbalyan
January 22nd, 2003, 09:35 AM
I think .. that , where discpline,hard and intellegent work is required , as jat can not do buttering ..
He/she lives with there own respect that shd not be .. hearted by anyone .. whom they love they do everything for them ..

dkumar
January 22nd, 2003, 11:52 AM
Well in my view JAT's may excel in any area provided its purely on merit basis!

I do agree with the views of Sandeep Bhai and Urmila ji!

punam
January 22nd, 2003, 12:20 PM
Anything and everything under the sun provided one is equipped with the requisite skill set.

Has it not been amply proved by jatland.com members?

jitenderrana
January 22nd, 2003, 02:08 PM
my dear jaat friends ,as Sujata said,no job is big or small.it is your mind which makes it so.one should take on a job which should provide a sense of satisfaction and achievement.in this opening world of globalisation jats should grab all the opportunities available to them .a job should be taken as a mission.that is how we can excel in all fields.

scsheorayan
January 22nd, 2003, 03:10 PM
Choice of career depends on number of factors and each one has to find the career of his/her own liking. Persons with certain nature are more suitable for certain jobs for example military requires courage and endurannce, medicine requires good nature and willingness to help, engineering requires good mathematical and analytical skills, IT requires a lot of patience and attention to detail, being a farmer requires physical endurance etc. etc. Therefore it is obvious that career choice should not be generalised but should be considered for each individual. Some times people do change careers more than once. Over all we can say that it all depends up on individual but one thing is certain that in any career there is always room at the top. Best course of action for High School students would be to get some work experience in the field of his/her choice. Some times a week or two is all it takes to make up one's mind. There are also professional councellers available to give informed advice on individual basis.

Good luck!

mukesh_rana80
January 22nd, 2003, 03:47 PM
i also suport the view that all jobs are good and it depends on personal choice.I m also of the view that"what ever u become ,become expert in that field"
But family and friends(genes too)
have a great impact on a person,s attitude and aptitude .As banias are considered a business comunity.brahmans as good acadmicians.............and so on. In which profession jats will perform best ................

arjun
January 27th, 2003, 02:18 PM
koi bhi kaam karo... lagan aur mehnat aur imandari se karo.
and aspire to be the best in that field..
jaat naujavanon mein in sabhi baaton ki kami dekhi hai... shortcut pehle dhoondte hain.
and most importantly jats in good positions should give 'breaks' to deserving boys from the community.
i myself am an NRI from Bahrain and speak from experience.
- Arjun.

singh_ranvir
January 27th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Dear Mukesh,

i think jats are efficient in all professions, that's why you can find examples of jats who did or doing excellent in a no. of professions. It totally depentds on one's own interest. As far as regarding the impact of family/friends situation on attitude/ temprament, jats can work more satisfactorily and keenly in the profession which does not require "yes boss" work culture.

garima
January 27th, 2003, 09:33 PM
I totally agree with Mr Arjun and Ranvir.Better to a master of one than jack of all.
Garima

sweet
April 4th, 2003, 07:09 AM
ya i am agreed too, tht watevr we do, we shud do with stronge determination & to the fullest extent........

regards...

rkumar
April 4th, 2003, 07:32 AM
very interesting topic indeed. I agree all jobs are important and we jats can excel in anything and everything..but...a big but...how???? How many of Jats living in their primary rural area really know what all carrers they can choose and what it takes to persue the career? Leave aside some individual Jats, how many Jats are blessed with good spoken skills of either english or even hindi, the very basic to interact with outside world? It all remains wishful thinking in the absence of any solutions to initiate our people in the main stream of world...Debates are good but concrete action plan is what we need...

Rajendra

deadlyjat
April 4th, 2003, 12:35 PM
See there is not particular profesin which can be regarded as suitable 4 jat. what i ahve to say in this regard is that it is not the profession but the authority which is attached with the profession or job is enjoyed more by jats.
Thats why jats also has honoured the biggest constitutional position in india, Prime minister and also farming in which one cant comapre a jat more than a labour working for welfare of the nation. and just receiving labour cost.
But as we are progressing now we need authority in our hand.
whatever we do we wish to have authority and responsibilty.
More the responsibility we have better we perform.

so i will say that we love every profession but with authority.

singh_jagbir
April 4th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Dear Mukesh
As you said that jats were the producers of grains at that time and in the present time, also they have capability of production.They are so hard working and efficient that they can produce grains from land as well as go to limits of sky.So choose the profession in which you can give your 100% in every sense...and its sure that "jin khoja tin payeeya gahre pani path"

rakesh_sehrawat
April 8th, 2003, 08:29 PM
hi mukesh
its very good question but as u asked 4 jat jats are just as tiger i mean they r the king not of jungle but king o mind so a jat can do evthing 4rm farming to software n research n it depends upon ur way o thinkin n ur intrest
ok all the best n be in touch