PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a Post-Doc position

vikasgulia222
December 23rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
Dear All..

How are you?
I am fine here and pray same for all of you.

Well I am vikash gulia working as a senior research fellow at the Department of Physics and Astrophysics, University of Delhi. I am working in the field of of materials science. My research topic is "Optical properties of semiconducting thin films and semiconductor quantum dots". Next year i am going to submit my thesis and after that i am planning to move abroad preferably canada for my Post-doc. I will be really thankful to you if you can kindly help me to some extent. I am getting fellowship at this moment from UGC to carry out my research work.

I really appreciate the achievements of all jats who are working abroad in one field or the other and this is my heartiest pray that may you all touch the heights of glory and success in the times to come.

I hope you will surely do some favour for me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards.

vinodks
December 24th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Hey Vikas,
Thats really nice to know... I am doing PhD in physics(in Organic Electronics and CNTs, in Univ of Maryland)... I don't know how much I can help for post-doc but it will certainly worth keeping in touch... BTW, wondering why preferrably Canada?...
Best of luck for thesis...

Vinod

Dear All..

How are you?
I am fine here and pray same for all of you.

Well I am vikash gulia working as a senior research fellow at the Department of Physics and Astrophysics, University of Delhi. I am working in the field of of materials science. My research topic is "Optical properties of semiconducting thin films and semiconductor quantum dots". Next year i am going to submit my thesis and after that i am planning to move abroad preferably canada for my Post-doc. I will be really thankful to you if you can kindly help me to some extent. I am getting fellowship at this moment from UGC to carry out my research work.

I really appreciate the achievements of all jats who are working abroad in one field or the other and this is my heartiest pray that may you all touch the heights of glory and success in the times to come.

I hope you will surely do some favour for me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards.

vikasgulia222
December 24th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Hi Vinod..

Thanks a lot. Nice to know about you.
I will surely keep in touch with you. My email id is vikasgulia222@rediffmail.com (vikasgulia222@rediffmail.com)
why canada..? Becoz someone very close to me stays over there.
Thanks a lot for your best wishes.
How is your work going on? Best of luck for your research work too.
Take care buddy.
Have a nice time.

Hey Vikas,
Thats really nice to know... I am doing PhD in physics(in Organic Electronics and CNTs, in Univ of Maryland)... I don't know how much I can help for post-doc but it will certainly worth keeping in touch... BTW, wondering why preferrably Canada?...
Best of luck for thesis...

Vinod

bschhikara
January 2nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hello Vikas,

There are many websites where you can find Postdoc positions in your field... such as
sciencecareer.org
sciencejobs.com
postdoc.com
findapostdoc.com

these will be useful when you will search for a position.
One point ... at the time of visa.. donot disclose this information to embassy..

////why canada..? Becoz someone very close to me stays over there.////

make a point to them that you will return back to India after postdoc.

All the best for your career.

sunillathwal
January 8th, 2006, 12:47 AM
dear all,
my name is sunil lathwal. i have done my M.Sc.(physics) from university of delhi in 2004. rightnow i am doing Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Bangalore in the dept of Material Research Centre. i too (like vikas gulia) like to go abroad for post doc. may be it is too early for me even to think in those terms but i hope that my seniors (from the jatland like sandeep rana,vinod sangwan, vikas gulia,........) in this field will keep me guiding and giving important information time to time.
And if anybody is intrested in pursuing higer studies from iisc and need any kind of help from me, plz feel free to mail me or call me at 09986314802.

regards,

choudharysaaab
January 8th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Well, Sunil Ph.D. from IISc itself is a big achievement you will find these word true by the time you complete. Subsequently you will be able to find good postdoc of your own.

sunillathwal
January 8th, 2006, 11:37 PM
thanx a lot for ur compliment,hemantji..

sdkatewa
January 10th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Dear Vikas,

If you are finishing your thesis in one year this is the right time to start the preparations. You might have to consider and decide on few aspects

1. which contry (USA, Canada) (for scientific reasons)
2. start writing and submitting some papers with your thesis work and you as the first author.
3. decide a area in which you want to go and stick to it. Start writing to people who work in the related field. Read their work and communicate with them. Most of the people will be waiting for the outcome of their grants to get fund and then only they can hire some new postdocs. Its always a good thing to have your resume ready and updated and to be aware of, who is getting grants and who is working in the field.

Keep in touch,

Best,

Subhash Katewa

vikasgulia222
January 14th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Hello Mr. Katewa..

Thanks a lot for your kind suggestions.
I m going to submit my thesis by the end of year 2006. I have already one international publication to my name in which i am the first author. Another two papers i have already communicated and planning to send a couple of papers more in the next 3-4 months.

Regards