PDA

View Full Version : Saas-Bahoo dialogue

dndeswal
December 26th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Saas-Bahoo dialogue

The old daadi (grandmother) was holding her 7-8 month pota (grandson) in the bagar (aangan - courtyard). At that moment, the child’s mother (bahoo) was with her patidev (husband) in the chaubaraa (upstairs room). Suddenly the child started weeping and did not stop for a long time. Ultimately, she called bahoo from upstairs.

Bahoo came down. Saas shouted: “Tu upper chaubarey mein key karey thi? Dekh nahin rahi chhohra roye jaa raha sey? Terey ek hi to chhohra sey, yoh bi nah palyaa jataa? Ja, isney doodh pilaa de.”
(What were you doing upstairs? Don’t you see the child is weeping continuously? You have only one son – can’t you even take care of him? Now go and breast-feed the child.)

The modern Bahoo had no hesitation in replying promptly: “Par mere ko to do-do chhohron ko palnaa pad rahya sey. Ek time mein mey to ek ney ay pilaa sakoon soon. Chahe tu apne chhohrey ney palwa le chahe mere ney.”
(But I am looking after two boys. At a time, I can breast-feed only one – it is up to you – either let me look after your son, or mine!”).