PDA

View Full Version : movie khamosh paani

downtoearth
December 29th, 2005, 05:00 PM
has anyone seen the film Khamosh paani directed by Sabiha sumer? its based on partition,where a hindu girl {kirron kher}is forced to stay in pakistan. U just forget the stupid work and role of kirron kher in devdas.In khamosh paani her work is simply outstanding..A song ;" sannu nehraan waaley pull te bulakey kitheyy rehh gayey" in ladies sangeet party is very melodious.these partition films r hard to take.... check it out

sansanwalamit
December 29th, 2005, 11:11 PM
I have seen the movie quite a while back, and I must say it was a touching story. But in the movie she was a Sikh girl not Hindu who was left behind by her own family and goes through conversion to Islam to survive.

downtoearth
December 29th, 2005, 11:41 PM
ya dude i meant to say hindustani girl.one most imp thing abt movies ,,if we r talkin abt movies ,try to tell it in present .not in past .it looks more beautiful .keep watching good stuuf.and let me know about....

poonam
December 29th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Surprisingly never even heard of it and I thought I keep myself updated :confused:

But after reading about it and doing some net research and looking at the reviews looks like its worth watching. Gotta see it now. Thanks, I'm always all for the beautiful movies...:)

downtoearth
December 30th, 2005, 03:00 AM
ya poonam if u like to see beautiful movies...there r sm gems of indian cinema........
1>> Aardh satya,, hazar chaurasi ki maa{1084}by govind nihalni
2>>caluatta 71 by mrinal sen
3>>garam hawa by Ms sathyu{based on partition}
4>>kaalpurush by Samaresh majumdar {bengali}
5>>agantuk by satyajit ray
6>> hazaron khawishein aisi by sudhir mishra

pnauhwar21
December 30th, 2005, 10:05 AM
'Pinjar' was another movie with same theme which starred Urmila Matondkar. That was good too!! Hazaron Khawishein aisi is pretty good too especially its song..banwara mann (a must listen song)

sheelchaudhary
January 2nd, 2006, 06:18 AM
hi all jat members,wot abt 'suraj ka satvan ghoda'-da great actor amrish puri n 'satyakaam'-dharmendra-try these also---really u people got a taste,impresseive.....bye n see ya --------------------------------never hate ur enemies,it affects ur judgement(godfather,mario pujo):)

suchitraa
January 2nd, 2006, 08:24 AM
its really a nice movie.I wasn't aware that people killed their wifes n daughters like this.its so inhuman.
have u seen matrabhumi?oh what a movie it is!
it clearly shows what can happen in future if killin of girl child is not stopped.but i think even after seeing such movies people don't understand.