PDA

View Full Version : An Honest Answer Needed????

dsdhanda
January 1st, 2006, 04:07 AM
This question is for fellow jatlanders living away from there country.....

If given an option right now, what will you choose????

1) Living in India with your folks (apna desh, apne log,apni haryanvi etc)
2) Live whereever you are right now in videsh (paisa, aaram (????) etc. etc.)
And why ?????
.....This question popped up in my head recently Coz as you meet fellow Indians living abroad, most of the times they say on small petty things..."yaar life to India me hi thi"....and so on and so forth....just wanted to know if our fellow jatlanders have any different opinion???

This is a question which might send many people soul searching...if they really wanna be honest......

:) :) :) :) :confused: :confused: :confused:

dahiyarules
January 1st, 2006, 05:29 AM
An oft repeated one.

"Videsh" is only attractive as it seems from a distance. Once you come here, you dont even have enough time to enjoy the good things that we see Govinda and Karisma dancing around, in movies. Believe me or not, you start living in your own bubble, as you are so occupied with work and other important things in life.

"Swadesh" really aint that bad to live. You have your loved ones around. You have places to visit. But again, these thing dont seem to attract you while you are living there.

My point is that no matter where we live, we will always appreciate places we are away from. It has more to do with human psyche than with a moral dilemma.

Those who face such dilemma must try what I do. Just occupy yourself so much that you dont have time to think about such things. Work all the time you can. While at work, and you have nothing to do, read something. When not at work, and you have nothing to do, go and workout at the gym. Rent movies. Make some friends. Never be alone. Always be in the company of other people. Believe me, it works really well.

dsdhanda
January 1st, 2006, 05:50 AM
Very rightly said Dahiya saab.... You value a thing is only when you are away from it....

atul.jhajhria
January 1st, 2006, 06:11 AM
I will choose Living in India with my folks (apna desh, apne log,apni haryanvi etc). :)

Here rules are made by white people, i dont like their rules though i agree with them.

I want to live where we(Jats) make the rules. :)

lucky
January 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM
:D INDIA:D
MERA BHARAT MAHAN HUR GHUDA PAHLAWAN:D
SORRY IF IT HURTS ANY ONE FEELINGS
INDIA ONLY CHOISE:D

me my personal opinion i like life in india. i donot find any diffrence now in canada and india if i have good job and money in india.:D
in india i love to be called as first citizen then an immigrent or second citizen.:D :)

dahiyarules
January 1st, 2006, 09:42 AM
It's not that I do not like it here, or I like it a lot in India. It's just a feeling of homesickness that makes me love India. While I was there, it was the feeling of being out of work that made me miss this place. Both places have their own charm.

This place has given me an opportunity to have everything I always wanted. India gave me my identity.

People do not look at us as immigrants out of any personal bias. We live in their neighborhoods. Our children go to school with theirs. We speak with a different dialect. We have our own cultures and traditions that we choose to honor while we are thousands of miles away from home. Summing up, we portray ourselves as different from the "goraas" all the time. How many of us truly assimilate?

My questions is: How many of us will accept the "goraas" as Indians and not as foreigners? They ruled over us for 200 years. Even after that, when they left, we called them foreigners.

For those who are here, respect the fact that these people have given us an opportunity to be here and do something with our lives. Assimilate all you can. Respect their culture and traditions. Don't let them fear a cultural invasion. I do not wish to break hearts, as I refuse to accpet any badmouthing of "goraas." They are a truly nice people. The current generation of "goraas" should not be held accountable for the colonial sins of their ancesotors. Honestly, while I may get a cold shoulder from a fellow desi, who may come accross at a supermarket or a mall. But, I always get a warm smile from the "goraas." And this is inspite of the deluge of immigrants in their countries, during the past few decades. How many of us will give them warm smiles, if they were to swarm India in millions.

Feel at home wherever you are. Respect those who have let you make this place your home. Assimilate. There is nothing wrong in having a soft corner for India. It is a very natural feeling. Most of us were raised in India. We have strong ties to that place. But if this were to be a really hell of a place, we won't have been here in the first place. This place is much better than India in many aspects; that's why we are here. Unlike the slaves from Africa, we are here out of our own free will. And if you still hate it here, the door is always open for you to return. Why go through 15 years of waiting period to get a green card. Go back to where you can call yourself a first citizen, within 24 hours.

suchitraa
January 2nd, 2006, 09:00 AM
well Dev i would definitely like to stay in India with my family n friends.my heart aches for my hometown.but one thing is there for sure that i'll never get these comforts,this lifestyle,money in India.thats y i would prefer staying here only.

agar India main hi hume woh sab kuch mile jis ki khatir hum log abroad aate hai to shayad koi bhi India ko nahin chodega.but thats still a dream!!
kuch paane ke liye kuch khona to padta hi hai.

sansanwalamit
January 2nd, 2006, 11:31 AM
Could'nt have said and put it better than what Sumit Dahiya said, I think its the most honest answer to this question.

sheelchaudhary
January 2nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
ram ram all ,i m a mbbs student in china--when i came here i felt like i m free ,i can do wotever i want but after 2 or 3 dayz i came to know that home is home --when i call my frnds they tell me aaj to daal/kadhi/karele/bhindi ki sabji kha rhe hain ya aaj phalaane k ghar ikkathe hain aur maje kar rhe hain ya mummy-papa se baat karta hoon ya chhote bhai ki yaad aati hai to ye bade bade sahar,clubs,comfort sab bemani se lagte hain --i will choose my INDIA in any condition --aaj hi maine lahsun ki chutney banayi hai aur bread pe laga k chai k saath kha rha hoon means i m missin' my mom's kitchen--apna desh to apna hi hai-------------------------chitthi aayi hai ;watan se chitthi aayi hai,bade dino k baad ;hum be-watano ko yaad watan ki mitti aayi hai-----ram ram --sheel chaudhary

devdahiya
January 2nd, 2006, 10:45 PM
Though i am not on a VIDESHI DHARTI but i will still give my honest word on this interesting topic:

Agar mill jati mujhe mere gaon mei shiksha
To me jata na kabhi seher mangne ye bhiksha [to study]

Mumbai ki treh gar hota seher mera, Aur mil jata mujhe ek izzat wala kaam
To mei nahin jata Jatland chhodd kar, Aur nahin leta kissi aur seher ka naam

Agar Mera desh karta pure mere chhote-2 sapne
To bolo kyun ho jate aaj praye ye mere apne.

CHALA JAUN MEI BESHAK KITANI DUUR TAMMANAON AUR SAPNO KO PURA KARNE
DIL ROYEGA MERA HAR PAL,JAB AAYENGI MUJHE MERE APNON KI YAAD AUR GAON KE JOHADD AUR JHARNE.

TUM KYA JANO KYA GUJARTI HEI ISS BADNASEEB DIL PAR JAB DIL MACHALTA HEI MERA
YAAD AATA HEI MAA,BHAI,BEHEN AUR PITA JI KA MASUUM CHEHRA.

DIL TADAF UTHHTA HEI, RONA CHAHTA HEI LEKIN ISSME AAWAZ NAHI HEI
KYUNKI ISS KAMBAKHT PRAI DHARTI PAR RONE KA REEWAZ NAHIN HEI.

fool4love
January 3rd, 2006, 02:33 AM
ofcourse u miss ur folks, ur culture, ur values etc... when u come abroad... but who wants to live with their folks, their culture, their values etc... 'all BROKE'... ? (i'm not saying u can't make money in India.. don get me wrong... but everyone knows howz the job scenario like).

We all come abroad for different reasons to fulfill different dreams...
n ppl who say "yaar life to India me hi thi" .... !! they r still in the same country saying the same s*#&... no body goes back!

So.. ur ppl/culture/values/daal/kadhi/karele/bhindi?? u can't get everything in life.. that's the price u pay for comming here!!

I'm proud to be an Indian.. n nothing compares to INDIA!! Its a country of very great and influencial ppl... history says so!!
we should always appreciate the life we live n the country we live in.

keshavdahiya
January 3rd, 2006, 04:52 AM
Well Jatlanders for me its a mixed perspective but I really believe what my fellow freinds said above.....like Sumit Dahiya, Sansanwal & Dalal...
We are here to fulfill our dreams and make a place for us in this world
Gaam mein dada khaya karre ki beta agar kimme banana se tu sheher me jao. Roti, tikad, kadhi, bhindi, pardni se to ghar baitho........ :rolleyes:
When we were born did our parents really thot that we wud just s#^t around and be a burden to them..........OR rather make them feel proud and stand tall in this so competitive wild world. As a true son of of my parents I wud really want my parents to C me standing ahead of everyone in the crowd & strive for excellence WHEREEVER ANYHOW AT ANY COST.
I think that its us who have to make our space & identity on the globe.....no matter what.
Though where ever we go we will be called a foriegner & I agree with Sumit on that point about assimilation and respect there values and culture........but at the same time its not realy necessary to accept there customs and culture just to please them or to be among them.
I dont have a word like "Homesickness" in my dictionary as HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
And i really dont give a damm about the people who really think about there home and comforts, as I have developed my own niche whereever I have been whether its a hostel life or a foriegnland. Becoz its us who have to make really gud freinds and let them know what we are or what A REAL JAT IS..........:D:D just kidding
Regarding the food habits I cook my own stuff here all u name from roti,khaddhi to lhasan ki chatni to paranthe becoz when i really felt the need i learnt it back home from my mom(KHUDOS TO HER) and now i dont have to look at some body for what i need to eat.
Regarding the acceptance by natives of where u r......Is quite tough for them to accept but still I have managed somehow to leave a mark where ever i go And i just tell them that I belong to India and will alwayz be proud of Being an Indian followed by telling some facts about our identity and our customs and beliefs, and some of them truely respect the way I am, others I am not bothered......
So finally just before concluding......Be a Nice human being no matter whereever U R and Dont loose your identity.
For me I wud really like to make it further to other countries if possible and eventually take my parents all over the planet and show them the most beautiful places on earth:)

jagmohan
January 3rd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Dear All,

While respecting the sentiments and comments of all members, I truly believe that the progress of a comminity is related to the fact as to how far they can go from their place of birth and adjust. This is a historical fact. Communities and peoples who went far away in search of 'whatever' are the ones that ruled the world. There are too many examples to be recounted.

Since India is a continental sized country, I too was educated in a far away land. Mysore state then (1968) was to Haryana what perhaps Iceland is to Namibia today. It took three nights and two days in a train to reach the school. In this much time I can now circumvent the globe.

Home is where you want it to be. Home is made of people and not bricks. I have a very close friend in Pune and he too left the Army a few months before me. He is from Rohtak and whenever we talk to each other we often ask a question: "Bhai, gaam chhod ke Rohtak/Sonepat nahin aate to ke kar rhe hotey?" The answer is rather grim. What Rohtak/Sonepat meant to villages those days, US & Europe mean to Rohtak/Sonepat these days. In today's world when communication is so very advanced, I don't think one should feel homesick. I am told by my friends abroad that everything is available there now a days, including 'Kadhi', 'Sarson Ka Saag' etc. Ar bhai Panchi bade hone ke baad to ud hi jaaya karte hai. My personal view is that we should spread all over the world. Motivate others to follow your foot steps.

Bill Gates said recently; "Everyone hates the most successful country in the world, yet everyone wants to be there".

Even while living abroad one can do a lot for one's village and community, therefore there is nothing to be apologetic about.

Regards,

JS Malik

ravihooda
January 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Your birthplace is like your nest, your mothers womb no matter how much you like it you can't stay in it for too long for fear of stagnating your self or limiting your potential, Having said that it depends on every individual on where he is enabled to reach his potential and achieve what he had aimed to.
But brothers never forget the roots you came from, for a man without roots is like a one without the legs. Do whatever you can to help your brethren acheive their dreams as well whether its in india or outside.

And theres no place like India, mera desh mahaan !!

jyotijoon
January 3rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
I want to live in India with my family. I have been here from 5 yrs. In last feb my brother passed away in a car accident at delhi and i could not reach there on his funeral. He always told me Jyoti come and show me your kids but I never did it. I feel very bad. I did not see him from last 4 yrs because after coming here i did not get a chance to go back. But now I cannot do anything even I cannot see him in my dreams.

lucky
January 3rd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Feel at home wherever you are. Respect those who have let you make this place your home. Assimilate. There is nothing wrong in having a soft corner for India. It is a very natural feeling. Most of us were raised in India. We have strong ties to that place. But if this were to be a really hell of a place, we won't have been here in the first place. This place is much better than India in many aspects; that's why we are here. Unlike the slaves from Africa, we are here out of our own free will. And if you still hate it here, the door is always open for you to return. Why go through 15 years of waiting period to get a green card. Go back to where you can call yourself a first citizen, within 24 hours.[/quote]

well i accept one thing higher education is excelent here. but ya own choise i like my mental satifaction then money and i see poeple in around me just think of money and after thier kids start growing up they relize there is thier own country also. and thats wht i mean. i donot want be one of those poeple after 20 years thinking that i got money but did i realy get what i wanted and YA MY FIRST AND ONLY AIM IN canada was to study and go back. i can live in low income but want to be with my family. and like jooti said lost her brother she could not reach in time

ya it takes 2 days min to reach india from vancouver and i have only my mom and sister in world i want to be thier in joy and happynies i was in diwali thier and i relized poeple may not have time i may not have for them BUT THEN also roads are own. THT my point every one has own choise:D

hamendra
January 3rd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Sabhee ne Ram Ram,
I will say that, I want to stay only in INDIA. Come to developed countries for short term earn the money and enjoy in INDIA.
Apnee to jameen se bhee khushboo aa tee hai bhaiyon.
Eaisee ke sath eak kavita hai

Aag lagee eak braksh(Tree) mai jale phool aur pat,
Are pakchiiyon(Birds) tum kyon jalo jab pankh tumre saath,
Phal khaye eias braksh(Tree) ke deeth(Birds's sit) lathere pat(leaf),
Yahee hamara dharam hai jal marein eaisee ke sath.

anilsangwan
January 3rd, 2006, 02:41 PM
Apni Dharti Jaisa kuchh nahi....

Kahin Kama lao..lekin fir India mein aa jao!!!

positivelook
January 6th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Hi members

I know its very hard to live in abroad cos ur far from ur loved ones and u can find only few nice people in abroad but its not as bad to stay here for sometime and earn some money and get some exposure and after that if u really miss ur family and frends than go back to ur country. I have seen no. of people complaining abt that we cant't go now , wht we will do there but i beleive that if u are really interested than u can go to ur country. Baaki bhai this is true that life is back in India not in here in abroad. Sometime i feel that kee "Paise banane ki machine ban kar reh gaye hain" but i also say ke abhee toh bahut umar hai jeene ke toh wahi baat aa jaati hai kee Kuch paane ke liyee thode din ke liye kuchh kho lete hain.

Abhiomanyu Phougat

lokeshpawar
January 6th, 2006, 01:45 PM
I can understand ur feelings. i m away 4m my home for the last 6 months.i m working at andman and nicobar islands.virtually it is like being in a foreign land. i m missing my village my dadi ji all my relatives n people. even i dont get the opportunity to talk in hariyanvi. issa laaga se kade main jatoo bolna te na bhool jaaonga.

i personaly feels in life which matters the most is satisfaction n to frankly speaking being away 4m my people i am not getting the satisfaction.really speaking i m not enjoying my work n my salary. so i m returning back to my people. i m lucky enough that i got the job in delhi. i will be going back in march.
truly speaking i love my jaatland n the jaat people .

hope all of u get, all those things, what u want 4m ur life.

POSITIVE NOTE- atleast we r having a platform like jatland where we can share our emotions with our people

mukeshkumar007
January 6th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Aag lagee eak braksh(Tree) mai jale phool aur pat,
Are pakchiiyon(Birds) tum kyon jalo jab pankh tumre saath,
Phal khaye eias braksh(Tree) ke deeth(Birds's sit) lathere pat(leaf),
Yahee hamara dharam hai jal marein eaisee ke sath.

can't be better answer than this.
aur wesye bi bhoot jyada kamakar bi kya karna..jab marenge to sath maie kuch nahi jayega...tan tan gopal(khali hath).. insaan ko utana hi kamane ki sochni chiye jitna life ko chalane ke liye jaruri hai... bank balance banane se koi fayeda nahi hai....

meghs
January 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM
hi their
i know u ask it to those who r living outside india
but may i know ur answer?
u only give two choice but didn't give ur reply

regards
megha

lucky
January 7th, 2006, 03:01 PM
megha he like back home but trust me he enjoys america also am i right dev. well good for him till u r thier enjoy but never forget there is also life back home.

dahiyarules
January 7th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Bhaiyon aur Saheliyon!

Tell me one thing.

Ye paisa kaise kamate hain?

Hadde tay paise ki lanka laggi padi reh se.

Believe me, I work like an ass. I make decent money. By the time I end up paying for school, insurance, mortgage, credit cards and other things, my bank balance is close to being zero. Infact, I pay overdraft fees every now and then.

Ye sab bakwaas hai. "Paisa bana lo." Once you get here, you get stuck in the system. Money goes the way it comes. I hardly know anyone who saves a ton of money every month, and returns to India one day.

But still, since so many of you say that they make a lot of money and still dont like it. Please educate me how you guys make all that money and save it, while you plan to reutrn one day.

hamendra
January 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Bhaiyon aur Saheliyon!

Tell me one thing.

Ye paisa kaise kamate hain?

Hadde tay paise ki lanka laggi padi reh se.

Believe me, I work like an ass. I make decent money. By the time I end up paying for school, insurance, mortgage, credit cards and other things, my bank balance is close to being zero. Infact, I pay overdraft fees every now and then.

Ye sab bakwaas hai. "Paisa bana lo." Once you get here, you get stuck in the system. Money goes the way it comes. I hardly know anyone who saves a ton of money every month, and returns to India one day.

But still, since so many of you say that they make a lot of money and still dont like it. Please educate me how you guys make all that money and save it, while you plan to reutrn one day.

Don't mind mere Bhai Dahiya,
Live like Biharies, as they are staying in Delhi, and very soon you will be having the ton of money. Before going to enjoy always multiply by 80 (£) / 45 ($).

That's the theory, which is implemented my many numbers of people here.

Ram Ram Bhai.

keshavdahiya
January 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM
This is getting sentimental here and funny as well.
But Sumit Dahiya has said some thing true about the state of affairs
and Hamendra bhai has commented in a rite way as it is truth for some people who are there just to meet up the ends. And thats highly anticipated as U never know under what circumstances people decide to migrate in some foriegn nation and then they are stuck to be found no where and thats cruel.
But we are here to accept life as it comes.........:D & instead we shud think what we have in our hands rather than what we lost yesterday.

raj_rathee
January 9th, 2006, 11:52 PM
This question is for fellow jatlanders living away from there country.....

If given an option right now, what will you choose????

1) Living in India with your folks (apna desh, apne log,apni haryanvi etc)
2) Live whereever you are right now in videsh (paisa, aaram (????) etc. etc.)
And why ?????
.....This question popped up in my head recently Coz as you meet fellow Indians living abroad, most of the times they say on small petty things..."yaar life to India me hi thi"....and so on and so forth....just wanted to know if our fellow jatlanders have any different opinion???

This is a question which might send many people soul searching...if they really wanna be honest......

:) :) :) :) :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ultimately it will boil down to having as many options open to you
as possible. No matter what you have, you get tired of it sooner or later.
And yes, that is also true for the "apna desh, apne log".

What you want to achieve is mobility. In a way, its a big world out there.
Yet today it has got a lot smaller. You'd probably want to enjoy it all.

And that usually means having money and easy access (that could
translate into a non Indian passport...or perhaps that is now changing).

If you are in "Videsh" and have the ability to create a setup where
you can be enjoying both (multiple) worlds, that would be the way to go.

Baaki sab kucch to samjhota hi hoga.

raj_rathee
January 9th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Sabhee ne Ram Ram,
I will say that, I want to stay only in INDIA. Come to developed countries for short term earn the money and enjoy in INDIA.

Hmmm...And I was actually thinking of going back to India, making my
dough, and then coming back and enjoying the comforts here.

Yeh paisa hai kahan ???? :(

raj_rathee
January 10th, 2006, 12:14 AM
well i accept one thing higher education is excelent here. but ya own choise i like my mental satifaction then money and i see poeple in around me just think of money and after thier kids start growing up they relize there is thier own country also. and thats wht i mean. i donot want be one of those poeple after 20 years thinking that i got money but did i realy get what i wanted and YA MY FIRST AND ONLY AIM IN canada was to study and go back. i can live in low income but want to be with my family. and like jooti said lost her brother she could not reach in time

ya it takes 2 days min to reach india from vancouver and i have only my mom and sister in world i want to be thier in joy and happynies i was in diwali thier and i relized poeple may not have time i may not have for them BUT THEN also roads are own. THT my point every one has own choise:D

Mama Mia !!!!
Shagun Madam, aapki post padh kar toh bilkul sar ghoom jaata hai !
Aap hame jaan bhuj kar pareshaan toh nahin kar raho ho ? Kahin yeh
bhi naye modern likhne ka "isshtyle" ho ? Yadhi haan, toh aap please aisa
na karein. Bahot zyaada stressful hai. Kaye baar toh zor se table
par maatha patak-patak kar maar liya. Lekin aapki posts phir bhi yun ki yun.

Mujhe lagta hai aap hum se khel rahe ho. Hain na ? Canadian University mein
ho toh yeh sab jaroor aapki Jatlanders ke saath khilwaad hogi !

Lekin Ji this is too much !

amitdabas
January 10th, 2006, 12:12 PM
ya it takes 2 days min to reach india from vancouver

London is quite good that way. It takes only 8-9 hours to reach Delhi from here, and there are now 6 direct flights a day. Prices have also fallen with increased flights, and if you are earning well enough, you could now even consider going home over a long weekend :)

dahiyarules
January 10th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Cant believe this thread is still going on.

Baba maaf karr do! I agree with all. Whether you agree with me or not. Ab jo jahan hai, khush raho. Mann kare to wapas aa jao, nahin to jahan rehna chahte ho wahin raho.

cooljat
January 11th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I wanna add my two cents to this topic,
I believe there's nothing like ur own home & ur own country.
as for the India, its indeed a great country to live in although pros n cons r everywhere...but there's nothing like India in this world.

But u can't deny the handsome income, luxaries, quality of life, envirorment in devloped countires but look if u got enough money to live soundly India is the best country but u ain't then its good option to move out of it n earn money & enjoy some quality life there kyonki here in India '100 mein se 99.99 beimaan fir bhi mera desh mehaan' & 'aamdani chwani kharcha rupayaa' I think u got it...
as for me, I believe the whole earth is my home, coz there's one world, one sun, one moon, one sky, one earth & one human race and u only live once....so we shud live as one ;) mind it!

btw, all the NRI's here listen the eye-watering song 'yeh jo desh hai tera' sung by A.R.Rehaman for Swadesh movie...movie itself is a epic. I bet it'll make u cry :)

rock on
Jit

nikitadhaiya
January 19th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Well thats a tough decision.....no doubt.i m myself not able to decide...i m here in brussels for the past 4 years but...yes ofcourse i miss india and at the same time i feel well oppurtunities...luxury...as u said r here. but some how these things will attract us only for some more time ..and then we all will realize to go back to our own country and settle there...so just wait and watch...........