PDA

View Full Version : We need a health and fitness section on Jatland

dahiyarules
January 10th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I am an avid body builder and a very health conscious individual. I visit several sites on the internet to get relevant information.

However, I am sure that there are several individuals over all sections and segments of Jatland who share common health related interests and issues. I would be interested in networking with fellow jatlanders to duscuss health and fitness related issues.

Such a section could discuss just about anything related to health and fitness. We can share our experiences and provide tips and tricks to each other.

I want those individuals who would be interested in having such a section on Jatland to join me in lobbying the admins to lend us their ear.

cooljat
January 10th, 2006, 05:15 PM
hey! Sumit,

Agreed, dost...I'm with u.
Jatlanders I'm a fitness freak.
I'm a regular taekwondo athlete & yogi.
I get up early around 4am everyday & do workout for 2 hours.
my normal workout includes, martial art drills & streching, Yoga, Pranayam & meditation!

My whole life is devoted to martial arts, Yoga & spiritualism!

keep fighting fit!

rock on
Jit

mbamal
January 10th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Good thought guys..there should be one section on fitness and health...Cool jat, you seem to be the right choice to manage such a section.!!.. Sorry for nominating you without asking you..but i am sure u will do a great job.

cooljat
January 10th, 2006, 08:09 PM
it'll be kinda pleasure n privilage for me but I've no prior expreince as modrator, but all in all I'm ready for it.

keep fighting fit

health is the biggest asset!

rock on
Jit

Good thought guys..there should be one section on fitness and health...Cool jat, you seem to be the right choice to manage such a section.!!.. Sorry for nominating you without asking you..but i am sure u will do a great job.

mbamal
January 10th, 2006, 08:31 PM
I have sent the email to the administrator...lets see what they do about it!!

btw..do u also like to participate in marathons etc??

keshavdahiya
January 10th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Dear Jatlanders,
Pehla kyun na batai, if any body has ques thats the best Idea
And by the way Sumit and Jitender why didnt u guys tell me before about these enquiries......;)
Bhai Ibbe jive se..........dooooor se to ke hoya:D:D:D

cooljat
January 11th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Hi! Mandeep, thanks buddy,
as for Marathan though I've keen intrest in it but never participated but I believe it needs a lotta long rigrous consistent hardcore training to bulid the stamina...but I luv to participate lets see when it happens.

hey! if i ain't wrong ur in the Belgium nowdays, JC Van Damme's home country...the action hero I admire a lot....alos know as 'muscles from brussels'

rock on
Jit

I have sent the email to the administrator...lets see what they do about it!!

btw..do u also like to participate in marathons etc??

dahiyarules
January 11th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I am all for Thakkar to head such a forum.

I have dedicated all my life to something compleelyopposite of keeping a good health. And that would be eating and sleeping.

I have been working out for only around 8 months now. But the good part is that I have become addicted to the gym.

Oye Keshav! I am coming with a new joke on you very soon. In the mean time tell me more about weights, when you are ready to disclose that you are just invisible on messenger. I know it "badmaash" when you are online. I have all the tools to find out whose invisible and whose. not.

as for Marathan though I've keen intrest in it but never participated but I believe it needs a lotta long rigrous consistent hardcore training to bulid the stamina...but I luv to participate lets see when it happens.

hey! if i ain't wrong ur in the Belgium nowdays, JC Van Damme's home country...the action hero I admire a lot....alos know as 'muscles from brussels'

rock on
Jit

mbamal
January 11th, 2006, 03:28 PM

Jit

Hi Jit,

Well it does require a lot of discipline and training.....Though I've been running for some time now...Full Marathon is still a long shot for me..But I will be participating in the Brussels half marathon in may....If you want to participate..lemme know..i will be glad to host you here in Belgium!!

parda
January 12th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Sumit Dahiya, Can you please post your complete photo on this web site (if that can be done) so we all can see if you REALLY DO bodybuilding? I read somewhere in your previous post that you lost unbelieveable amount of weight(hard to believe honestly) in a very small time period(Bhai daad deta hoon, kamal kaar diya aapne).
Some are doing taekwando some are renown bodybuilders?
Such famous personalities ought to showcase their complete talents here and why not also in international arena? Go forward, jaatton ka naam roshan kar do, ek aadhe olympic medals jitto apne desh ke liye.

keshavdahiya
January 12th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Sumit Dahiya, Can you please post your complete photo on this web site (if that can be done) so we all can see if you REALLY DO bodybuilding? I read somewhere in your previous post that you lost unbelieveable amount of weight(hard to believe honestly) in a very small time period(Bhai daad deta hoon, kamal kaar diya aapne).
Such famous personalities ought to showcase their complete talents here and why not also in international arena? Go forward, jaatton ka naam roshan kar do, ek aadhe olympic medals jitto apne desh ke liye.

Nice to hear from u again "PARDA" ;) But is it realy necessary if some one is into taekwando or fitness than he has to be in olympics or make the community feel proud:eek:
OR is it about some thing to feel gud in our soul, mind and body....
And if they are really famous personalities they shud really showcase there talents here:D:D:D:D........lol I remember I asked u once this isnt a place for U & U shud be posting in Humor section as u indeed have a gud sense of humor.
all the best

dahiyarules
January 12th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Hooda Jee!

Read my words carefully. I am an avid bodybuilder, not a professional one yet. I have also mentioned that I have been working on it for just 8 months so far.

I used to be completely out of shape not very long ago. Ever since I have been working out, I have developed a special affection for fitness. There are unmentionable benefits of good health. I feel more active. Thus, I am more productive. My performance at school and work has develped impressively. Above all, I feel better. Health is wealth. I dont need to elaborate on this one.

Anyways. The reason I dont want to post my picture on Jatland is because it restricts the quality of the image in terms of resolution and size. I used to have my picture on Jatland for a long time. I removed it after I realized that it doesnt look good. Those who know me, have seen me. Others can ask me for my picture, and mention a good enough reason for their request. I will be more than glad to email it to you.

The reason I am requesting a health and fitness section on Jatland is becuase it is an issue that will bring together all like-minded Jatlanders together.

Finally, stop bitching.

Those who have a passion for something, have it for their own reasons. It may not necessarily be to show off. You lack self esteem. I guess the mirror cracs when you look at yourself every morning.

If you have anything contributive to say, you are welcome. Otherwise keep your crap to yourself.

parda
January 12th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Keshav dahiya? my post was not directed to you. May you didn't read or is it some reading disability?

sumit jee, I just got this feeling you know, that whatever you say is exaggerated nonsense. I mean you have done a remarkable thing - lose that much weight (how fat/un-fit were you before you lost all that weight?) in such a record time. Why not share with us all the secrets of your weight loss. Bhai maan gayee - 8 mahine bahut lamba time hota hae ek dedicated bodybuilder kahilane ke liye. Yeh time frame chota lagta hae pata nahee muzhe kisse bhi hobby yah sports mein "dedicated kahlanae ke liyee."
Government is always bad? private business is always good? Bhai maan gayeee aapke ek tarafa aandadund encompassing vicharoon koo. kahaaan see yeh saab padaa? skool ke kitabaoon mein sikayya gayaaa?

A SHORT POEM DEDICATED TO SUMIT DAHIYA
(FROM PRADEEP HOODA)

Likhe zaaaoo crap aap, maan jateee jayeenge hum zanab.
haaan mein haan aapke milatee jayeenge hum,
aapke shaan banee rahegeee.
aapke shaan chayee zoote kyon na hoo,
usme gustagee ka zurm hum nahen karengee.
huzoorawala amerkee ho aap,
amerka mein crororoon paisee phooke aapne
jitna aapko aataa hae, jitna aapne sikha
utna aapko hindustan mein dus paise ke bhaav padta
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bhai ek baat batao, amerkia mein student ho,
tho mortagage kaise de patee hoo?
Kamaal Ho gayaa.:D

cooljat
January 12th, 2006, 11:08 AM
hey! ppl,
avoid this **** (parda), he just wants to disturb our comunity,
yoh bada majistrate ho reha se, do we need his cert to start any new thing, I don't think so....he's like khisyani billi, jo khamba hi nochti rehti hai ;)
look, if I become moderator of this new section I won't allow sucha sick crap as, I'll just kick'em out..

JUST AVOID THIS ****, that's it,

Mind it,

rock on
Jit

dahiyarules
January 12th, 2006, 11:13 AM
hahaha

jit yaar! there are a lot like this guy who come and leave. You dont even need to ignore him. Chalti hawa ke jhonke mein udd jayegaa.

Dont use profanity with him. I realized that he deserve something even worse. Profanity is less than an honor for this guy.

I like your sign off slogan: "rock on"

parda
January 12th, 2006, 11:23 AM
haha, kavita likhne ka maan kaar rahaa hae.

doo zhootee saathee,
doo zuteee khiladi
jood gayee ek bandhan mein
magar zoote unke internet dosti
unkee "dedicated khiladi"
honee kee daave ke tarah

zoote khiladee
net par karne aaye apne
prashansasa
jaab kisee ne puzha unse unkee
guinesss book ke recordo ke baaree mein
aaya unko itna gussa
apne zoot ke khul ja lene ke darr sae

aa gayea janabeaali apne asli aaquuat par
pardafaash apna kiya unnee
Jab Khola unoon nee apna muuhoon
Janabeaali ayee apni asliyaat par.

samazhne wale samaj gayee.....
Jo na samajee
woh anadi haeen...:D
(ENCORE).

sejwaldeepak
January 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Wah !!! Wah !!!

Main kafi dino se soch raha tha ki aajkal hamare Jat bhai bahut gambhir topics pe baat karne lage hain ,, shyad hamari JATLand ko kisi ki nazar lag gayi hai jo kafi dino se koi panga nahi hua kisi ke beech mein ..

Lekin After long silence ,, shanti bhangg ho hi gayi :D

Bhai logo Kisi ne sahi kahi hai .. Duniya sudhar sakti hai per JATs ,, Kabhi nahi kabhi nahi ...

Lage Raho bhai.. per thoda soch samjh ke .. This is a good thread and i hope agar members apni good intention lagayen to shyad it can be possible.

dahiyarules
January 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM
There are some bad apples who spoil all the fun.

The spirit to get us a "health and fitness" section is still undeterred.

cooljat
January 12th, 2006, 04:58 PM
hey guys if any yoga aspirant here, I wanna suggest a good link, just visit www.yogajournal.com its indeed a very helpful source for Yoga.

thanks me for this find ;)

rock on
Jit

keshavdahiya
January 14th, 2006, 01:17 AM
HI to all fitness freaks,
herez a link which mit boast u......and motivate u to get a start;)
http://www.bodyforlife.com/challenge/index.asp

betaal
January 14th, 2006, 01:32 AM
good thread. sabko fitneess freak bana do. we should have a jat bodybuilding contest. what do ya think?
how do i get rid of stomach fat? how much time required?

betaal
January 14th, 2006, 01:34 AM
haha, kavita likhne ka maan kaar rahaa hae.

doo zhootee saathee,
doo zuteee khiladi
jood gayee ek bandhan mein
magar zoote unke internet dosti
unkee "dedicated khiladi"
honee kee daave ke tarah

zoote khiladee
net par karne aaye apne
prashansasa
jaab kisee ne puzha unse unkee
guinesss book ke recordo ke baaree mein
aaya unko itna gussa
apne zoot ke khul ja lene ke darr sae

aa gayea janabeaali apne asli aaquuat par
pardafaash apna kiya unnee
Jab Khola unoon nee apna muuhoon
Janabeaali ayee apni asliyaat par.

samazhne wale samaj gayee.....
Jo na samajee
woh anadi haeen...:D
(ENCORE).

hooda, you are damn funny.

parda
January 14th, 2006, 09:57 AM
thanks bhairav. strange name isn't it? :confused:

dahiyarules
January 14th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Hey Bhairav!

How much do you weigh? How much do you want to loose? Are you already in the midle of a weightloss program? Are you vegetarian or non-vegetarian?

Answer these questions, and I can guide you after that.

good thread. sabko fitneess freak bana do. we should have a jat bodybuilding contest. what do ya think?
how do i get rid of stomach fat? how much time required?

sanjay22dahiya
January 14th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Go ahead we all are with you sumit!!!!

rkumar
January 14th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I just got a personal message from Sumit that he has been banned to post on Jatland. I wonder what the reason has been to ban him? To be honest I never found his posts objectionable. Ofcourse he is has his own radical views on many subjects which he expresses in a fairly well balanced language.

Rajendra

keshavdahiya
January 14th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I agree with u uncle,
And what so ever the reasons are....I dont know but thats disgusting.
He has never been oftrack and more over banning wont make much difference:D:D:D
As he is cool as ever......;)

devdahiya
January 14th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I just got a personal message from Sumit that he has been banned to post on Jatland. I wonder what the reason has been to ban him? To be honest I never found his posts objectionable. Ofcourse he is has his own radical views on many subjects which he expresses in a fairly well balanced language.

Rajendra

I too got a msg from him to that effect. Strange it is.

sejwaldeepak
January 14th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Dear Members,

KAKA JI, RK Ji, Keshav.... Sumit is not banned . I have only moderate him and Pradee hooda due to some abusive posts that i have found in some threads and it is for the time being once they compromize and promise to not talk in a abusive manner will be lifted back.

All posts will be shown in threads after verify by admins.

spdeshwal
January 14th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks Deepak for your crarification! I also received a PM from him. He is a brilliant young man and i would personally miss him as long as he is not allowed to post.

I have advised him through a pm and would like to advise through this post as well to be little patient. I can't blame Sumit for his tough words against some of these Benami members. Even i had thought of confronting these people on several occasions but restrained somhow thinkig that we have to bear these things since we are on an internet forum where membership administration is very hard.

Hope his posting rights are restored soon.

raj_rathee
January 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Oh boy ! Is this true ?

Did our very own Sumit Dahiya become a victim of the administration
he so despises ? Has the Jatland "government" finally clipped his wings ?

Infact I just discovered that you can't type ******** here...Whats with that ? i.e. j*a*t*w*o*r*l*d.....

We are with you Sumit bro ! Inqalaaab Zindaaaaaabaaaad !

betaal
January 15th, 2006, 12:29 AM
what did both of them did that they got moderated? :owe can't take sides if we don't know the truth. why not have sympathy for both. instead of justifying who is in the right and who is wrong.

betaal
January 15th, 2006, 12:35 AM
yoo sumit, i am a nonvegeggie. my waist fluctuates month by month. one month the pant fits me next month i have to shop for a increased waist pant. i have vows that i wont eat cakes, ice-cream and it is broken the same day. i am hungry all the time. i eat basically everything. my fridge that has stuff for say a week is empty in 2-3 days. i dream of food in my sleep. i plan to exercise and days go by and then months i say i will do it next day. :eek:

keshavdahiya
January 15th, 2006, 02:10 AM
what did both of them did that they got moderated? :owe can't take sides if we don't know the truth. why not have sympathy for both. instead of justifying who is in the right and who is wrong.

Dear betaal(bhairav)
U seems to know too much about the situation......
Its been only 24 hours since u entered here.......but U really are perplexing
:rolleyes:
I dont know about PARDA but whenever u are here PARDA is not here
(who seems to be a faker) anyway continue rocking and Relax.....:D:D
All the best to U

betaal
January 15th, 2006, 02:45 AM
hehehe....u must be kidding;) betaal(bhairav)
what do u know about the situation before commenting on that......
its been only 24 hours since u entered here.......
:rolleyes:
any way all the best to u
let me do it your way - hehehe....u must be kidding keshav. what do u know what i know about the situation before you comment on my comment....
I have only registered in last 24 hours.....
that does not mean i have not read posts on jatland.com before and did not visit it before.....
hehehe....
howz that....your way....:D :D :D

jatsrule
January 15th, 2006, 04:45 AM
mane bhi lage sai ke betal thik khata hai
i am also with him
I am also watching this nonsense for many days:mad:

sejwaldeepak
January 17th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Sumit Dahiya has already lifted on 16 Jan from Moderated user to Member. Now he can post without verify by Admin.

He has promise me to not write in abusive lang.

cooljat
January 17th, 2006, 02:49 PM
hey Betal,
u better go for Yoga n pranayam, Yoga can do wonders.
I bet u'll get result in days, u just join Yoga n practice regulary

rock on
Jit

yoo sumit, i am a nonvegeggie. my waist fluctuates month by month. one month the pant fits me next month i have to shop for a increased waist pant. i have vows that i wont eat cakes, ice-cream and it is broken the same day. i am hungry all the time. i eat basically everything. my fridge that has stuff for say a week is empty in 2-3 days. i dream of food in my sleep. i plan to exercise and days go by and then months i say i will do it next day. :eek:

rkumar
January 17th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Any tips on how to shape lower abdomen????????????

RK^2

dahiyarules
January 17th, 2006, 05:50 PM
RK Sir !

Shaping the abs is the toughest part.

The only way to do it is crunches. If you have access to a crunch bench, try to do atleast 100 crunches a day, 5 days a week, at an elevation of 8. Then relax for 2 days. Then repeat.

Its basically the saturated fat that has accumulated around your waste that you are trying to get rid of. There are two reasons for it:

1. You need to cut down on saturated fats in your diet.

2. Cortisil. It is produced becuase of stress. This leads to the the accumulation of fat around the waste. Theres a supplement called cortislim. Try to find out if it is available at your local pharmacist. Try it wiht your workout, and you will see some results.

Theres probably more that can be added to the discussion. But this is all that I know of.

I have been working like crazy on my abs. And i know that I am a long way from having those "John Abrahm abs." It takes a heck lot of workout.

Sumit

RK^2

dahiyarules
January 17th, 2006, 05:56 PM
For those who are interested in weight loss.

Try this

Walk atleast one hour every day at a fast pace.

Eat a diet low in carbs and fats.

When I am talking abot carbs, I mean it must be low in Sugar carbs. Fiber carbs are good.

Drink a lot of water.

You will see instant results, but that does not mean you should stop.

The more muscle you have on you, the lesser the chances of you putting on weight. So work on weights as often as possible. Build some lean muscle. Your lean muscle eats on your body fat when you are resting.Thats why lean people wake up hungry.

Email me or add me on messenger, if you want to talk in detail.

Weight loss is not a science. Its more of a discipline.

dahiyarules
January 17th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Rathee Bhaii !

Thanks a lot for your support. I can always count on you. And so can you.

Sumit

Oh boy ! Is this true ?

Did our very own Sumit Dahiya become a victim of the administration
he so despises ? Has the Jatland "government" finally clipped his wings ?

Infact I just discovered that you can't type ******** here...Whats with that ? i.e. j*a*t*w*o*r*l*d.....

We are with you Sumit bro ! Inqalaaab Zindaaaaaabaaaad !

cooljat
January 17th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Uncleji, to stay fit there's nothing like Yoga n Pranayam,
u better take yoga classes n do it regulary.
Btw, golden rule to stay fighting fit is DISCIPLINE!

try, yoga+Pranayam, I bet u'll be amazed with results!

rock on
Jit

RK^2

dahiyarules
January 17th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Yaar Jit !

I respect your love for yoga.

But tell me something, how can you bodyuild with yoga. To body build dont you think a gym with weights would be an appropriate place.

rkumar
January 17th, 2006, 06:49 PM
weight loss, exercize is not an issue. I have full control on these things. Also I practice Sirasan, balancing body on hands, and many other asans. Also I do breathing exercize every morning. I take brisk walk every morning and evening for one hour each. My BMI is withing normal range. My waiste/ height ratio is also within normal range. My problem is only the lower abdomen which I am trying to bring into right shape these days. May be it will take time as its the hardest thing as far as I have heard.

RK^2

betaal
January 17th, 2006, 10:51 PM
hey Betal,
u better go for Yoga n pranayam, Yoga can do wonders.
I bet u'll get result in days, u just join Yoga n practice regulary

rock on
Jit

What is pranayam?
stomach fat will go away by doing yoga?
Koi quick khane ke recipe chaiyee muzhe.

poonam
January 19th, 2006, 02:52 AM
I'm sure its gonna help....:p

cooljat
January 19th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Dr. saab,
aapne to jamma ram-baan nuska bata diya, really good!
waise ek nuska mere paas bhi hai, hey! bettal u need dish, u got it.
aisa kar ek bottle namak ka tejaab pee ja, swad bhi aa jayega tere ko aur tera fat bhi burn ho jayega pet se :D
waht do u say!!

rock on
Jit

mbamal
January 19th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I'm sure its gonna help....:p

I am not sure if you are gonna lose 1 pound..or your finger if u do this..:p

cooljat
January 23rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Sumit bhai, kya hua tere fitness section ka??
--
Btw, u disappointed me by saying "abs like John" u know his body sucks! agar tum kehte flashboard six pack like bruce lee then it wud be good ;)
--
Well, u asked how to make body by Yoga...I tell u from Yoga u won't get bulky & stiff muscles like body-builders but u'll get real fitness that matters much....u know 'Haathi ke daant khanne ke aur dikhanne ke aur' so mera gyaan maan aur siwtch over to real fitness....tu ek baat bata tere body-filter ;) can run 1 mile without any fatigue aur can they be agile & strong like a martial artist, aur ek baat bata tune black cat commandos aur other commandos ko to jaroor dekha hoga....do they own big bodies, NO!
--
So mere bhai for real fitness u've to work really hard consistly for years, don't go for fleshy showoff muscles instead go for the real fitness like athletics, martial arts, yoga & make lean mean killing machine of ur body!!
--
do u need any thing more, feel free to ask :)

rock on
Jit

PS- U know Yoga is one n only excercise technique known which can work out ur inner organs as well as ur outer muscles :)

Yaar Jit !

I respect your love for yoga.

But tell me something, how can you bodyuild with yoga. To body build dont you think a gym with weights would be an appropriate place.

dahiyarules
January 23rd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Jit yaar! You have made some very good points.

You are very right. Physical fitness and appearance are two very different things.

I started going to the gym to loose weight. There I saw all the "mushtandey" melting iron. Fir ere se bhi nahin rukaa gaya. I feel like looking like them too. I have been on a program for some time now. But I feel that it takes a lot to look like them. But I am not giving up. And I know its going to take a long time.

Jatland never responded to my request for the section. Struggle jaari hai.

cooljat
January 23rd, 2006, 02:31 PM
Hardwork conquers all!
keep it up buddy!
btw its really disappointing that u still haven't got any response from higher authorities, thats bad! keep strugleing I'm with u

I wonder how can deny the fact that Jat r always ahead when it comes to fitness, then why not discuss more about it here on Jatland!

Admins (sarpanch)...aapk kahan hai, come on make a section for fitness after all "good health is the biggest asset', mind it!

rock on
Jit

You are very right. Physical fitness and appearance are two very different things.

I started going to the gym to loose weight. There I saw all the "mushtandey" melting iron. Fir ere se bhi nahin rukaa gaya. I feel like looking like them too. I have been on a program for some time now. But I feel that it takes a lot to look like them. But I am not giving up. And I know its going to take a long time.

mbamal
January 24th, 2006, 03:39 AM

Dude....To lose weight ...eat healthy and jog regularly...as simple as that.. keep ur targets realistic like 0.5Kg/week....

imp thing is to be consistent....also in gym try with loose/free weights and not with machines...

keshavdahiya
January 24th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Dude....To lose weight ...eat healthy and jog regularly...as simple as that.. keep ur targets realistic like 0.5Kg/week....

imp thing is to be consistent....also in gym try with loose/free weights and not with machines...

Bamal Bhau I agree to you on some extent but not all of it, Rather agree on most of it except that working out with free weights.
When you wanna loose weight u shud not work with loose weights as it leads to stringent work schedule and leads to muscle buliding. Its alwayz better to go for machines as they are meant for a specific body part.
Sumit rest is best as I told u that u shud be unswerving and regular in your cardios & instaed of jogging I wud recomend cycling or stairs on alternate dayz as it is less strainuos and easy.take care of the last meal before bed at the same time.:D

dahiyarules
January 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Keshav Yaar!

I was sweating like a fountain after I tried out your techniques. Damn! you are great yaar. Alas! we have one Jat on this site who actually knows his stuff.

Bamal Bhai! someone needs to weight train you to use free weights. Its not just that you can go and pick up the dumble and get going. Machines help you to get started.

Bamal Bhau I agree to you on some extent but not all of it, Rather agree on most of it except that working out with free weights.
When you wanna loose weight u shud not work with loose weights as it leads to stringent work schedule and leads to muscle buliding. Its alwayz better to go for machines as they are meant for a specific body part.
Sumit rest is best as I told u that u shud be unswerving and regular in your cardios & instaed of jogging I wud recomend cycling or stairs on alternate dayz as it is less strainuos and easy.take care of the last meal before bed at the same time.:D

keshavdahiya
January 24th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Keshav Yaar!
I was sweating like a fountain after I tried out your techniques. Damn! you are great yaar. Alas! we have one Jat on this site who actually knows his stuff.

Any time bhai, iibe to shurur hoya se aage-2 dekhe ja teri kaanch si khaad dyunga:D:D
but remeber dont over do it and keep in touch

Cheers

cooljat
January 24th, 2006, 04:18 PM
bhai Sumit yaar muje to lagta hai tera plan to fail ho gaya naya fitness section banane ka, anyways koi baat na....keep fighting...

btw, I decided to keep this thread alive till I'm alive ;) well, for all the long distance runners including Mandeep Bhai, I got something for u, just check out the attatchment.

Mandeep bhai, it may help u a lot coz ur planing to participate in Brisbane Martathon, all the best!

KEEP FIGHTING FEET

rock on
Jit

mbamal
January 24th, 2006, 08:21 PM
bhai Sumit yaar muje to lagta hai tera plan to fail ho gaya naya fitness section banane ka, anyways koi baat na....keep fighting...

btw, I decided to keep this thread alive till I'm alive ;) well, for all the long distance runners including Mandeep Bhai, I got something for u, just check out the attatchment.

Mandeep bhai, it may help u a lot coz ur planing to participate in Brisbane Martathon, all the best!

KEEP FIGHTING FEET

rock on
Jit

Thanks Jit,

It was very informative...

I am only planning to participate in brussels half marathon for the moment...Marathon next yr :)

Keshav..the disadvantage of doing benchpresses/biceps on machines is that u cannot achieve a proper balance..since u always do the exercises with both hands..and u might stress one hand/side more than the other..which may lead to non-uniform muscle development..

also i totally agree that weight training with free weights is no way to lose weight..instead u will make more muscles under all that fat and gain even more weight since muscle is more dense than fat.. i was just recommmending it since Sumit is already going to Gym ;)

Keep up the good work Sumit...

Keep more focus on cardio for the first 6-7 months..

jatsrule
January 25th, 2006, 01:06 AM
wjan kam karna hai to saare din jatland per baitho post karo aur kuch na khao jaldi dum nikal jayega.haha
sahi bole to roz akhaare mein jao aur daurrrrrrrrrrrrr lagao.
acha khaana khao

dahiyarules
January 25th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Jit Bhai!

Manne bhi thaan lee. I will post on this thread everyday, till we get a new section. This will be my way of protesting.

Our request is falling on deaf ears and this is intollerable.

I think Keshav Dahiya should be made incharge of Body Building. And you should take care of Yoga. I can help with weight loss. Others are welcome to contribute as well.

cooljat
January 25th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Je baat, Sumit bhai
I'm with u always :)
--
waise I'm ready to take care about Martial Arts, Yoga, Pranayam, Meditation & Spiritualism right here!

btw, here is a very good link about Yoga - www.yogabasics.com check it out

We'll one day get successed in starting a new section here :)

rock on
Jit

Jit Bhai!

Manne bhi thaan lee. I will post on this thread everyday, till we get a new section. This will be my way of protesting.

Our request is falling on deaf ears and this is intollerable.

I think Keshav Dahiya should be made incharge of Body Building. And you should take care of Yoga. I can help with weight loss. Others are welcome to contribute as well.

keshavdahiya
January 25th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Hahaha...:p manne kyun Akharre ka incharge banawe se jhakoi...;)

Anyway jokes apart, You are rite sumit.
Any body who has health and fitness related probs. can post here and if anybody interested can help......as simple as that & i think nuffin better than that can work to bring this purpose to lite :D
But it does not mean that U, me & jit are the only responsible and painstaking members here everybody interested will be contributing to this post.
Even I agree that there shud be atleast one post from avid and interested members related to fitness regimen....IF not atleast from You and Jitender:D
Cheers

cooljat
January 30th, 2006, 05:13 PM
really a nice article about Taekwondo & fitness
just check it out --

http://www.itfnz.org.nz/what/what_fitness.html

hope it'll give u an idea what actual fitness is!

keep fighting fit :)

rock on
Jit

rkumar
January 30th, 2006, 05:25 PM
I tried my luck with ice skiing last week. Needless to mention, I fell few times, but then managed to balance myself and enjoy. I am certainly going to spend more time on this new hobby and hope to be good enough some day. Horse riding is my next mission and would love to learn some tricks from members. On treadmill I can walk at the speed of 4.3 miles per hour for one hour continuously and run at 7 MPH (don’t ask for how long…LOL). I enjoy swimming and can cross almost whole length of pool underwater.

RK^2

shailendra
January 30th, 2006, 10:59 PM
...Kae mere yaaron, kimmi mazaa konya aaya!!!:p

Ek to itna kaam ka discussion (wa bhi itnae dino baad!); Kae kahee?...'Health and Fitness'!!!... aer ek bhi bhai 'Dole-Daale' konya dikha rhaya! (Upar tae koi 'phree-weights' ki baat karan laag rhaya sai, aer koi 'masheena' ki!)

Rae Andy logon, tham thode apnae style-aale 'worked-out/ripped/flexed' photu-phaatu bhi chaipo saath kae saath, Jad to theek sai!... Na bhai yo ude saare log kyukar thaari baatan (aer 'advisan') pae viswaas karenge!??!

Na to bhayee, wo kae kahe karein?..."Aall 'talk', es just phull of phaalt*!!!" :D

*Fault ;)

rkumar
January 30th, 2006, 11:04 PM

Rae Andy logon, tham thode apnae style-aale 'worked-out/ripped/flexed' photu-phaatu bhi chaipo saath kae saath, Jad to theek sai!... Na bhai yo ude saare log kyukar thaari baatan (aer 'advisan') pae viswaas karenge!??!

Na to bhayee, wo kae kahe karein?..."Aall 'talk', es just phull of phaalt*!!!" :D

*Fault ;)

ek damm sahee farmaya Hooda sahab... Bat Gor-talab hai... jawan logon ko dekhkar shayad hume bhi body building ka josh aa jaye...LOL

RK^2

RK^2

dahiyarules
January 31st, 2006, 03:19 AM
hahaha

I dont have a good physique yet. But I am working at it. And I am damn serious about it. Mark my words. Give me a year. And I will be back with some "doley sholey".

hehehe :D

Ek to itna kaam ka discussion (wa bhi itnae dino baad!); Kae kahee?...'Health and Fitness'!!!... aer ek bhi bhai 'Dole-Daale' konya dikha rhaya! (Upar tae koi 'phree-weights' ki baat karan laag rhaya sai, aer koi 'masheena' ki!)

*Fault ;)

cooljat
January 31st, 2006, 10:24 AM
guys, check this out--
very good article about Streching & Flexibility,
all u ever wanted to know :)

I feel it'll be benifitial to all of u!

keep fighting fit :)

rock on
Jit

Ps- find it in the attachments....its in zip format....requires to be unzipped first.

shailendra
January 31st, 2006, 09:42 PM
hahaha

I dont have a good physique yet. But I am working at it. And I am damn serious about it. Mark my words. Give me a year. And I will be back with some "doley sholey".

hehehe :D

Theek sai bhai!... Phaer hi kuch baat banegee! ;)

ps. Rae Sumit mereyaar, yo photu kyukar? You know you gotta be careful around these guys, right? (Guess where the Chucrch funds are being directed mostly nowadays!?!...taking care of lawsuits! Heh! Heh! Just kidding...;) )

awake416
January 31st, 2006, 11:08 PM
i am agree wid the post there r only foreign sites wid such type of information but some times they r misleading too
so i would like to share my suggestion that the site for jats must have fitness info but at the same time some ruraland urban areas are having wine as a big disease so the information a/b them curing a drunkard a etc info must be there

by vivek chhikara
:)

dahiyarules
February 1st, 2006, 03:35 AM
Hehehe!

The guy dressed as a priest is just and actor. He was one of the performers at a historical sight that I visited recently.

I am a real pain in the christians' a** over here, just like I am a pain in government's a**. I always make them look stupid for their stupid faith, that has no heads or tails and makes no sense.

Theek sai bhai!... Phaer hi kuch baat banegee! ;)

ps. Rae Sumit mereyaar, yo photu kyukar? You know you gotta be careful around these guys, right? (Guess where the Chucrch funds are being directed mostly nowadays!?!...taking care of lawsuits! Heh! Heh! Just kidding...;) )

sejwaldeepak
February 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM
How to Manage Anger

January 19, 2006

Last fortnight, columnist Claude Arpi recounted the lessons a heart attack taught him.

Last week, in a follow-up piece, he listed an action plan to tackle stress.

In the concluding segment of this series, Claude lists advice he was given on anger management by the fine doctors at the Institute of Cardio-Vascular Diseases in Chennai:

For those who have a tough time controlling their anger, an anger management plan might help. Think of this as your emotional control class, and try these self-help anger management tips:

Ask yourself: 'Is my anger necessary enough and is the issue worth it?' Chances are, you will see things from a calmer perspective.

'What is the worst consequence of the object of my anger?' If someone cut in front of you at the bookstore checkout, you will probably find that three minutes is not such a big deal.

'Is it going to help me or others in any way?' The anger is going to affect you physically as well as your relationship with others who get affected by the anger.

Imagine yourself doing the same thing. Come on, admit that you sometimes cut in front of another driver, too, sometimes by accident. Do you get angry at yourself?

Ask yourself: 'Did that person do this to me on purpose?' In many cases, you will see that they were just careless or in a rush, and really did not mean you any harm.

Try counting to 10 before saying anything. This may not address the anger directly, but it can minimise the damage you will do while angry.

Try some 'new and improved' variations of counting to 10. For instance, try counting to 10 with a deep slow breath in between each number. Deep breathing helps people relax.

Ask yourself about the anger-inducing issue/situation/event: Is there any alternate way to look at it? You may be looking from an angle that makes you feel angry about the situation. If you look at it from some other angle you may be able to understand or you won't get angry at all.

Visualise a relaxing experience: Close your eyes, and travel there in your mind. Make it your stress-free oasis.

sejwaldeepak
February 1st, 2006, 10:25 AM
A good heart = 15 mins of laughter!

March 22, 2005

good laugh can help build healthy heart muscles!

It's hard to believe that watching Munnabhai MBBS or a David Dhawan potboiler can actually help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.

But according to a study conducted by the University of Maryland Medical Centre, USA, watching a funny movie has a healthy effect on blood vessel function.

On the other hand, watching mentally stressful movie can cause the lining of the blood vessels to narrow and restrict blood flow.

Says Michael Miller of the University in an online report: "Laughter offsets the impact of mental stress."

Miller presented the results of his study recently at the scientific session of the American College of Cardiology.

Dr S P Bijotra, vice chairperson, Department of Medicine, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital here, New Delhi, says, "Humour is an essential part of psychotherapy treatment that we give heart patients. We advocate that five minutes of laughter is good enough to rejuvenate the body for 12 hours."

"The ability to laugh, either naturally or as learned behaviour, may have important implications for India, where heart disease remains the number one killer," says K K Agarwal, vice president, Heart Care Foundation of India.

"Humour therapy," says Dr Bijotra, "is used extensively in yoga and other alternative therapies. Joggers laughing heartily in parks most early mornings is a common sight.

"But more and more hospitals are waking up to the fact and even plan to have humour specialists and separate humour therapy departments."

Dr Agarwal says people with heart disease are less likely to recognise humour or use it to get out of uncomfortable situations. They generally laugh less, even in positive situations and display more anger and hostility.

He says mental stress is also associated with impairment of the endothelium, the protective barrier lining of our blood vessels.

This can cause a series of inflammatory reactions that lead to fat and cholestrol build up in the coronary arteries and, ultimately, lead to heart attack.

In the Maryland study, researchers had a group of 20 healthy men and women watch two movies at opposite ends of the emotional spectrum. They then measured the movies' effects on their blood vessels via ultrasound.

The results showed that blood flow was reduced in 14 out of 20 volunteers after watching movie clips that caused mental stress.

But beneficial blood vessel effects and relaxation were found in 19 of 20 volunteers watching the funny movie.

"We don't recommend that you do laugh and not exercise," says Miller, adding, "but we do recommend that you try to laugh on a regular basis. Thirty minutes of exercise three times a week and 15 minutes of laughter on a daily basis is good for the vascular system."

DON'T MISS!

sejwaldeepak
February 1st, 2006, 10:31 AM
Tomato sauce can reduce cancer risk!

ANI | March 17, 2005

Tomato sauce, it seems, has a special chemical ingredient that can reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer.

According to researchers at the universities of Montreal and Ottawa, Canada, the chemical lycopene found in tomatoes has antioxidant properties that help reduce pancreatic cancer risk by almost a third if taken regularly.

The researchers claim that if lycopene is taken in a liquid form, chances of combatting the disease are better. They say the oil used in the ketchup enables faster absorption of antioxidants by the intestines.

If doctors are to be believed, the location of the pancreas inside the abdomen makes it difficult for them to spot the disease.

Even when symptoms like abdominal pain and weight loss appear, they are hardly noticed. As a result, few people survive more than one year after the diagnosis.

Although evidence suggests that daily intake of fruit and vegetables may reduce the risk of ailment, the latest research that surveyed 462 cases of pancreatic cancer and did a comparative analysis of the eating habits of cancer patients with healthy people, has revealed that tomatoes have the power to prevent the particular type of cancer.

According to the Daily Mail, researchers also found that men who ate tomatoes and tomato products every day were 31 per cent less prone to the disease, while in women, the risk declined by nine per cent.

sejwaldeepak
February 1st, 2006, 10:36 AM
Techniques to eliminate worries

Write down what you are worried about. Do your best to carefully think of what you are really worried about. There is said to be only a few dozen or so general fears. No one seems to agree what a 'general' fear is, and if you could overcome your general fears, you could eliminate worry completely. For example, about job demands, about the future, about family or social responsibilities.

Get all the facts related to the problem and don't allow yourself to be misled by any false information and to even more worry.

Analyse the facts. Once you have enough information to help you face the worry, make some sense out of the data. What does it all mean, if anything, at this point?

Ask yourself what is the worst that can happen. At this point, you can make a more realistic assessment of what the worst-case scenario would be.

Accept the worst. Acceptance is almost always an instant cure for worry. Acceptance, however, is not easy and often takes time. By accepting the worst, you are in a situation where things can only improve.

Improve on the worst. Here is where you consider the law of averages. What are the chances the worst will actually come to pass? Is it really worth worrying about?

Decide what you can do about it. Brainstorm. List everything that comes to mind that you can do about improving the situation. Spend as much time as needed on this part.

Act on the decision. If there is any point to worry, it is about taking action toward making positive changes. From your list of possible actions, decide what you are going to do and take action right away. Do not procrastinate. The longer you let your worries build inside, the more emotional and physical damage you are doing to yourself. It is probable that through this process you will end up eliminating the worry before you complete all the steps.

That is fine. The point of the exercise is to eliminate the worry, not to complete all the steps of the process.

sejwaldeepak
February 1st, 2006, 10:48 AM
Lifestyle answers for cancer, heart disease

Ehtasham Khan | June 17, 2005

Is your protruding belly the bane of your existence?

Besides being a blemish on your figure, a 34 to 40-inch belly may also be a reservoir of metabolic risk factors.

In medical terminology, this condition is known as Metabolic Syndrome.

MS could set the stage for health disorders, like heart disease, cancers of the breast, uterus, prostate, colon and more.

Dr Balbir Singh, Senior Consultant and Interventional Cardiologist of New Delhi's Escorts Heart Centre, warns of the risks and suggests steps for prevention and treatment of this condition.

Health problems associated with MS

Consistently high levels of insulin and glucose are linked to many harmful changes to the body.

These include:

Heart disease

i. Damage to the lining of coronary and other arteries is a a key step towards the development of heart disease or a stroke.

ii. The kidneys' ability to retain salt is enhanced by the high insulin levels, leading to high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke.

iii. An increase in triglyceride levels results in an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease.

iv. Bad cholesterol is formed due to the presence of high amount of fat in the bloodstream for a long period of time.

This invades the artery walls which can block the arteries and cause heart attacks and strokes.

v. A slowing down of insulin production can signal the start of Type 2 diabetes, a disease that can increase your risk for a heart attack or stroke.

It may also damage your eyes, nerves or kidneys.

Breast cancer

Research has shown that MS can be one of the causes of breast cancer.

Women with high levels of insulin are more prone to breast cancer.

The reason: insulin acts as a growth factor and breast tumor cells have more insulin receptors than normal cells.

Thus, high insulin levels cause the cancer cells to grow more quickly.

How to prevent and treat MS

Treatment of insulin resistant state

The safest, effective and most prefered way is to correct the underlying insulin resistant state.

~ Lose weight

Moderate weight loss, in the range of five percent to seven percent of body weight, can help restore your body's ability to recognise insulin and greatly reduce the chance that the syndrome will evolve into a more serious illness.

~ Exercise regularly

Increased activity alone can improve your insulin levels. Exercise causes muscle contractions that push sugar inside the cells even if you are insulin resistant.

Also, it works on the fat stored inside muscle and liver cells (the main factor behind the syndrome), and not the fat deposited just below the skin.

A brisk 30-minute walk everyday can result in weight loss, improved blood pressure, improved cholesterol levels and a reduced risk of developing diabetes.

A well planned exercise routine also increases the number of insulin receptors on the muscle cells, thus enhancing the inward movement of glucose.

Swimming, jogging, biking and aerobics are other useful options.

Change your diet!

~ Maintain a diet that keeps carbohydrates to no more than 50 percent of total calories.

~ There are two types of carbohydrates: simple and complex.

Simple ones are easily digestible, enhance sugar and insulin level rapidly. These include:

White flour
White rice
Potatoes
Alcohol
The body has to work harder to digest complex carbohydrates, so the sugar can enter the blood slowly.

Make complex carbohydrates a big part of your diet. These include:

Whole grain bread
Brown rice
Unrefined sugars (like cookies, crackers)
~ The same reason can be applied for the foods with high fibre content like legumes (like beans), whole grain, fruits and vegetables.

~ Reduce the intake of meats and poultry.

~ As much as 30 percent to 45 percent of the daily calories can come from fat. But consume healthy fats, such as those in canola oil, olive oil, flaxseed oil and nuts.

~ Women should consume no more than one drink a day, and two the count is two drinks from men.

Manage stress

Stress and lack of sleep can make you more prone to Syndrome X.

Yoga, meditation, pursuing a hobby and getting enough sleep are the stress relieving activities that you can easily incorporate into your routine.

sejwaldeepak
February 1st, 2006, 11:04 AM
No time for yoga? Check this out!

February 21, 2005

Do you travel a lot in the course of your work?

Do you often complan that there is never enough time to indulge in lengthy yoga sessions?

You can now opt for the tailormade Five Minute Yoga, a therapy claimed to have been designed especially for jet-setters.

Easy yoga, a new buzz word for corporates and professionals who just do not find time to de-stress with their hectic schedule, is catching up fast, with therapists boasting of lakhs of such followers.

"There are asanas one can do while tying the knot of your tie, while on way to your workplace, on aircraft, practically anywhere," says Alankrita, president, Indian Renaissance, that deals with naturopathy, yoga, meditation and psycho-spiritual counselling.

"Keeping in mind the needs of these professionals, we have conceptualised the Five Minute Yoga that requires five minutes to practice. These are tested to give positive results within a month, cure stress-related ailments and increase productivity," she claims.

But healers who work in Reiki and Pranic healing say there can be no shortcut to effective and thorough therapy.

"People who claim to heal through shortcut means," says Dr Sharda, a corporate counsellor, "must definitely have a commercial purpose in mind." She is also a healer and naturopathy therapist.

"The NGO plans to teach simple yoga techniques to people," adds Alankrita, "so that they can grasp the ancient Indian system of healing."

Apparently, there is a quick solution for most ailments, including insomnia, stress, paralysis and neurological problems.

"Colour therapy is effective in curing insomnia. The Soham technique is another such way to address sleeping disorders," says Alankrita.

Soham literally means, 'I am that', or a representation of that boundless energy.

"Swar vigyan also plays a crucial role in reducing tension and requires not more than five minutes," she says, adding this also involves watching your breath or the process of inhalation and exhalation.

"There was a sudden demand for Reiki some time ago," explains Alankrita. "Now it has receded. But there are so many other options to choose from in the market."

With new options hitting the market every day, people under stress who are increasingly leading a global life are game for anything that is made easy for them.

"Competition has reached a high and there is a lot of hype surrounding a particular product," Sharda says, adding, "the method of healing requires its own time to show results and the person's faith plays a big part in the healing process."

Healer The Divya Yoga clinics of Ramdev, healer and yoga teacher, boasts of over 160 million followers, or yoddhas, as the
centre calls them.

"Almost 90 percent of the results comes from Pranayam. And not a single technique takes more than 10 to 20 minutes to perform," says Swami Balakishan at the Hardwar Ashram.

sejwaldeepak
February 1st, 2006, 11:11 AM
Diet dos and don'ts for diabetics!

Priya Khanna, Seema Tarneja | March 15, 2005

This is the concluding part of a two-part series on diet tips for the diabetics, by dietitians Priya Khanna and Seema Tarneja:

Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy.

Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use.

In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds in the bloodstream.

There are two major types of diabetes:

1. Type 1

This is popularly known as Juvenile Onset Diabetes.

Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.

People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activites carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.

2. Type 2

Also known as Adult Onset Diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.

Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.

Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.

Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.

~ Symptoms of diabetes

Here are a few:

Extreme thirst and hunger
Frequent urination
Sores or bruises that heal slowly
Dry, itchy skin
Unexplained weight loss
Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet
Whether Type 1 or 2, diabetics need a balance of diet and exercise.

Here are some foods you can eat, and some foods you must avoid!

Foods you must avoid!

i. Salt

Salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.

ii. Sugar

Sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates.

Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones.

Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.

iii. Fat

Excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit.

Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally.

But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.

iv. For non-vegetarians

Try and stop the intake of red meat completely.

Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry.

You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.

v. Whole milk and products

Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd).

Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.

vi. Tea and coffee

Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day.

Try to switch to herbal teas.

vii. White flour and its products

Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.

viii. Foods with a high glycemic index

Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.

Special food for diabetics

i. Bitter gourd (karela)

This vegetable contains a high dosage of 'plant insulin'. It lowers the blood-sugar levels effectively.

Have the juice of three to four karelas early morning on an empty stomach.

As a vegetable, too, it can be taken on a regular basis.

Powder the seeds of karela (measuring 1 teaspoon), mix with water and drink it.

ii. Fenugreek (methi)

It is the most common food used to control diabetes.

Gulp a teaspoonful of these seeds with a glass of water daily.

Soak the seeds overnight. Have the water in which the seeds were soaked.

You can make a chutney with methi seeds. You can also eat them sprouted, dried and powdered, or mix them in wheat flour to make chapattis.

iii. Indian blackberry (jamun)

This fruit is very effective in preventing and controlling diabetes.

Powder the stone of the fruit and eat it -- it contains glucoside, which prevents the conversion of starch into sugars.

iv. Garlic

This is used to lower blood-sugar levels.

Garlic is rich in potassium and replaces the potassium which gets lost in urine.

It also contains zinc and sulphur, which are components of insulin.

Take about three to four flakes of freshly crushed garlic daily.

v. Onion

Because of its diuretic and digestive properties, onion works against diabetes.

Raw onion is more useful.

vi. Flaxseed

This is the richest source of Omega 3 fatty acids.

It helps control diabetes because it maintains the sensitivity of the cell membrane, facilitates insulin, and thereby the uptake of glucose by the cells.

vii. Fibre

Soluble fibre, found in apples, kidney beans, oatmeal, soyabean, etc, help control diabetes.

These aid slow digestion and absorption of nutrients, resulting in a slow and steady release of glucose.

They soak up excess bile acids found in the intestinal tract, the same acids that are converted to blood cholesterol.

They also help empty the stomach and trigger satiety that can help Type 2 diabetics to achieve weight loss goals.

viii. Cinnamon solution

Water extracts of cinnamon have been found to promote glucose metabolism and reduce cholesterol.

You can boil cinnamon sticks in water and drink this water.

ix. Antioxidants

Diabetes is often associated with conditions like heart disease, diabetic retinopathy, immune deficiency and kidney disease.

Many are caused by free radical damage. Therefore, make sure you include antioxidants, especially vitamin C (lemons), E, selenium, zinc and chromium (Brewer's yeast), in your diet, as they have been shown to control blood sugar levels.

dahiyarules
February 1st, 2006, 11:16 AM
good job sejwal..........

but itni knowledge laya kadey ta bhai?

sejwaldeepak
February 1st, 2006, 11:44 AM
Bhai Dimag ki batti jalao:D

Sab kuch net pe mile hai bas thoda time waste karna pade hai bhai..:rolleyes:

keshavdahiya
February 1st, 2006, 11:40 PM
Bhai Dimag ki batti jalao:D

Sab kuch net pe mile hai bas thoda time waste karna pade hai bhai..:rolleyes:

Hahaha what he hell....:D
yu itna saara sauda tanne lya ke dhar diya :eek: isne padhti haan bhi kayi din lagenge ibb....;)
bhai sejwal ya encyclopedia to tanne kassuti chepp di
dimmak ki batti chsaao...:p...lol

sejwaldeepak
February 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM
Emergency first aid

Introduction

Emergency first aid is the treatment of any injury or sudden illness, before professional medical help can be provided. The aim is to prevent the condition worsening, protect from further harm, aid recovery and preserve life.

Why it is necessary

The knowledge of first aid, when properly applied, can mean the difference between temporary or permanent injury, rapid recovery or long-term disability, and the difference between life and death. Deaths due to accidents and heart attacks account for a high proportion of deaths in the UK each year.

Heart attack
Coronary heart disease (CHD) accounts for over 140,000 deaths each year in the UK, and over half the people who have a heart attack, die before they reach hospital.

Accidents in the home
More than 4,000 people die in accidents in the home and 2.8 million are injured in the UK every year.

Road Accidents
Approximately 3,500 people are killed on Britain's roads every year, with approximately 320,000 total casualties of whom 38,000 are seriously injured.

Burns
Approximately 250 people die from burns and 130,000 require treatment for burns in the UK each year.

Drowning
Approximately 500 people, mainly children die from drowning in the UK each year.

Electricity
Approximately 50 people die and 4,000 people require treatment from electricity related injuries.

Poisoning
Approximately 50,000 people require treatment for poisoning, including accidental poisoning especially in children and over-doses.

What to do
Put your safety first and deal with any danger. If it is safe, apply first aid and dial 999 for an ambulance if necessary. First aid can involve anything from dressing a small cut, controlling bleeding in large wounds, or providing cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for a person who is not breathing and whose heart has stopped beating. The following advice is not intended to replace professional instruction in first aid and resuscitation (CPR).

The Recovery position
The Recover Position ensures that an unconscious person maintains an open airway that the tongue cannot be swallowed, and any vomit or fluid will not cause choking. Ensure the person is lying on their side, supported by one leg and one arm. Keep airway open by tilting their head and lifting the chin. If the airway is not open and the person is not breathing, begin: ABC of resuscitation. A-airway B-breathing C-circulation

Airway
To open the airway, lift the chin with one hand, while pushing down on the forehead with the other to tilt the head back. Once the airway is open, look for chest movement and listen and feel for breathing by placing an ear close to the person’s mouth.

Breathing
If opening the airway does not cause the person to begin to breathe spontaneously, Artificial Respiration must be started: -

Tilt the head back lift up the chin, and pinch the nostrils together.
Seal mouth over the person’s mouth and take a dead breath.
Breathe slowly into the person's mouth, and check their chest rises.
Repeat until the person starts breathing or assistance arrives.

Circulation
If there is no heart beat and no pulse i.e. no circulation and if no trained medical help is available: - start, External Chest Compression, Place the heel of hand on the middle half of their breastbone, and the heel of the other hand on top of the first. Lock the fingers and keep off their chest. Keeping elbows straight, press downwards firmly and quickly with hands then relax and repeat compression. Press down approximately 2 inches. The rate of compression should be approximately 100 compressions per minute. Do 15 compressions, and then give artificial respiration twice. Then repeat until assistance arrives.

Following, is first aid advice on: -

Burns
The burn should be cooled with cold water. Cover the burn with a sterile dressing of non- fluffy material, cling film, or a plastic bag. Do not put creams on the burn. Seek medical help for the burn unless it is very minor.

Poisoning
Put the person in the recovery position if they are unconscious, call 999 and ask for an ambulance. Do not give the person anything to drink unless a health professional advises. If there are no symptoms consult the poisons unit at your local hospital Electricity Turn the electricity supply off. Initiate resuscitation ABC if the person is not breathing and call an ambulance. Seek medical help unless the shock is very minor.

Drowning
Once the person is on land, initiate resuscitation ABC, if the person is not breathing. If the person is unconscious put in the recovery position. Call an ambulance immediately.

Bleeding
Apply a clean dressing to the wound with firm pressure. Raise the wound (if there are no fractures) to decrease the flow of blood. Seek medical help for the bleeding unless it is minor. Wrap any severed body part e.g. a finger in a plastic bag or cling film, wrap in soft material and keep cool. Preferably, place in ice; never put the severed body part in direct contact with the ice.

Heart Attack
If breathing and heartbeat stop, call an ambulance and initiate resuscitation ABC immediately. If the person becomes unconscious, but is breathing, place in the recovery position.

Fractures
If the person is unconscious or has difficulties in breathing or is bleeding severely these should be dealt with first. Do not move the person and gently support the injured part by hand until help arrives.

sejwaldeepak
February 3rd, 2006, 01:51 PM
Hair loss

Introduction
Alopecia is baldness or the loss of hair. The commonest form is ordinary, hereditary male-pattern baldness, but both women and men can suffer from hair loss for other reasons

Diagnosis
Male-pattern baldness is usually easy to identify, but it is important to look for an underlying reason for hair loss when male-pattern baldness has been ruled out or if it occurs in a woman. Fungal infections can cause circular patches of hair to fall out.

Symptoms
The form that alopecia takes will depend on the cause. Male-pattern baldness is inherited and may cause a total loss of hair from the scalp. Alopecia areata can cause a total loss of all body hair including the eyebrows and eyelashes, but we do not know the cause and there is no known treatment

Treatment
Male-pattern baldness responds well to some drug treatments that cannot be obtained on this site. The drugs must be taken throughout a man's life and not all men will benefit from their use.

Treating an underlying condition such as an infection can help prevent further hair loss, but sometimes the hair does not return. Contrary to popular belief, treatment for cancer does not always cause a complete loss of hair, and even when it does, the hair often grows back again after six months or so.

Hair transplants from another part of the skin may be helpful, as may scalp reduction.

Causes
Baldness has many possible causes. These include:

Old age and inherited traits

Disease (either directly from an infection or because of fever)

Chemotherapy or radiation treatment for cancer (but not in every case)

Male sex hormones in women

An underactive thyroid gland (myxoedema)

Pregnancy

Some medical drugs

Hair loss may occur some weeks after a severe feverish illness such as scarlet fever. Scarring alopecia may follow burns, skin wasting, ulceration, fungus infection or skin tumours.

Complications
Hair loss is often a butt for jokes, but it can be a serious problem for people, often undermining self-confidence and self esteem

dahiyarules
February 3rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks a lot Deepak for your heartful contributions.

However, I am very disappointed by the complete disregard for the website users requests, by the owners.

Is it too difficult to setup on such section?

However, I am getting damn serious about my workout. I will be posting my progress report in December 2007. Maybe, my dedication for the cause will melt some hearts. :D

cooljat
February 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
hey Dahiya,
ram ram

yaar, its indeed disappointing to c sucha cold response from the sarpanch of Jatland, btw recently I chatted one of the panch....he said to me that Idea is indeed good but plans r still in pipeline :(

Btw, Dimmag mein ek tagada sa idea aa ya hai! :rolleyes:

Why don't u do a voting here about Health & fitness section, from it we can only know how many Jats here r really serious about their health ;)

so comeon Start A voting, right here, right now !!!

rock on
Jit

Thanks a lot Deepak for your heartful contributions.

However, I am very disappointed by the complete disregard for the website users requests, by the owners.

Is it too difficult to setup on such section?

However, I am getting damn serious about my workout. I will be posting my progress report in December 2007. Maybe, my dedication for the cause will melt some hearts. :D

dahiyarules
February 3rd, 2006, 03:58 PM
Yaar Jit

How do you have a voting?

Go ahead and start it, if you know how to create the thread.

hey Dahiya,
ram ram

yaar, its indeed disappointing to c sucha cold response from the sarpanch of Jatland, btw recently I chatted one of the panch....he said to me that Idea is indeed good but plans r still in pipeline :(

Btw, Dimmag mein ek tagada sa idea aa ya hai! :rolleyes:

Why don't u do a voting here about Health & fitness section, from it we can only know how many Jats here r really serious about their health ;)

so comeon Start A voting, right here, right now !!!

rock on
Jit

cooljat
February 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
bhai dahiya,
look! when u start a new therad u also get an option to start Voting, for more info see Jatland faq or ask admins :)
--
yaar ye subh kaam tu hi kar....mune jyada angerji naa aati ;)

just start n new thead, sole purpose is to invite jatlandes to vote for the fitness forum :)

lets see kitne aate hein aage :)

rock on
Jit

Yaar Jit

How do you have a voting?

Go ahead and start it, if you know how to create the thread.

shailendra
February 10th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Alright, seems like I will have to start and do the "jo bole, so kundi khole!" kinda kahaawat myself...
You see, ever since I brought up the issue about 'biceps/triceps' a while ago, hoping that some of us would jump to my friendly banter and baiting; (per yhaan to ulta ho gaya), nothing happpened and this thread got buried under heaps of other posts and seemed to have run outta gas...

Anyways bhaiyon, here's to bumping this very useful thread back up and my attempt to jumpstart the 'Dole-Shole' debate by posting a picture of yours truly from a Departmental 'Retreat' last year, [the Retreat (these American's love to do that BS), was on an outdoor theme and conducted at the Miami Zoo Conference Hall, with outdoor activities involved. Hence obviously the non-typical retreat dress code you see here...]...

So anyways, this is somewhat my progress in the journey of staying in shape...

So ok, whose next??? :cool:

dahiyarules
February 10th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Hehehe

Kinda amazed that the threads still alive.

Working off my a**

shailendra
February 10th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Hehehe

Kinda amazed that the threads still alive.

Working off my a**

Well, maybe then you can start doing a chain of 'Before' (and hopefully progressive 'Afters'! Heh! Heh! Just Kidding!)

deepshi
February 10th, 2006, 01:50 AM
any of u guys out there know d correct ways n types of pranayam?
n well, any idea about pilates?

shailendra
February 10th, 2006, 01:56 AM

Nope Pinks (or maybe it is Deepshika :confused: ), but you could sure chime in and enlighten some of us Jatland members!
[Have heard about Pilates a lil' but understand it is mostly girlie stuff :rolleyes: (though I am sure I might well be blissfully unaware and wrong....)]

deepshi
February 10th, 2006, 02:01 AM
no, hudda ji, i was ASKIN u , n i donno bout these...
let me know, in case u get 2 hear .....
bt only the right ways, else it proves 2 b harmful !
Nope Pinks (or maybe it is Deepshika :confused: ), but you could sure chime in and enlighten some of us Jatland members!
[Have heard about Pilates a lil' but understand it is mostly girlie stuff :rolleyes: (though I am sure I might well be blissfully unaware and wrong....)]

cooljat
February 10th, 2006, 10:17 AM
hey! Liz,
I've been doin yoga & Pranayam for last 2 yrs regualry & I guess I can be counted as intermediate student in this scientific art or artistic science....so what do u wanna know about pranayam.....as for pilates....its just a refinded version of ancient Yoga.....n its ture....kinda girlish thing....in simple words....its kinda light static streching.......btw u r a phsiotherapist, u should have enough knowledge about strechings ;)

Btw, tell me what do u wanna know about pranayam, I know many.....Bastrika, Kapalbhati, nadi-shodan, kumbak, anulom-vilom, satakari, sitali, brahmari, udgit, tri-band, wahyapranayam, samvriti & surya n chandra bedhan.....there're lot more, which I'm learning now days :)

If ur curious about yoga....I can tell u a lot about that too :)

guys n gals, if anybody curious to know anything about fitness science.....I mean yoga, pranayam, meditation, martial arts, streching ( static & dyanmic), cardiovascular, isomatric, isotonic, isokinetic, weight-training etc.....do buzz me I'll be more then happy to share my knowledge!

Bhai Dahiya.....kit chala gaya tha tu....tane ke yaad na se....we've to keep this thread alive forever.... n waht about the VOTING????

rock on
Jit

cooljat
February 10th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Bhaisaab,
although I dont own a bulky body like arnie or urself....rather I'm working on my body to be like lean mean killin machine Bruce Lee ;) :rolleyes:

Btw, here I come with my pic.....I guess it might disappint u as I dont have dolle-solle like u but its still kinda unique as Jit is here performing a difficult asana ;) :p

Is there any Yogi apart from me, come forward n stick some asna pics :)

keep fighting fit!

rock on
Jit

Alright, seems like I will have to start and do the "jo bole, so kundi khole!" kinda kahaawat myself...
You see, ever since I brought up the issue about 'biceps/triceps' a while ago, hoping that some of us would jump to my friendly banter and baiting; (per yhaan to ulta ho gaya), nothing happpened and this thread got buried under heaps of other posts and seemed to have run outta gas...

Anyways bhaiyon, here's to bumping this very useful thread back up and my attempt to jumpstart the 'Dole-Shole' debate by posting a picture of yours truly from a Departmental 'Retreat' last year, [the Retreat (these American's love to do that BS), was on an outdoor theme and conducted at the Miami Zoo Conference Hall, with outdoor activities involved. Hence obviously the non-typical retreat dress code you see here...]...

cooljat
February 10th, 2006, 11:20 AM
*****double cick ho gaya ;) ;P :D ***********

shailendra
February 10th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Bhaisaab,
although I dont own a bulky body like arnie or urself....rather I'm working on my body to be like lean mean killin machine Bruce Lee ;) :rolleyes:

Btw, here I come with my pic.....I guess it might disappint u as I dont have dolle-solle like u but its still kinda unique as Jit is here performing a difficult asana ;) :p

keep fighting fit!

rock on
Jit

...impressive! ...and Not to miss the full spectrum 'Yogi-under-the-tree' pose too! ;) Rock on Jit, now we are talking! Starting to seem more like a Health and Fitness thread now, for sure.............

rkumar
February 10th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Bhaisaab,

keep fighting fit!

rock on
Jit

Hey Jit,

post your pictures in all the yogasans you do..Let me see how many of them I do...This one I used to do when I was younger and slim. Once again I have reduced my belly size and started Yogasans. May be I will also get myself photographed in in all the positions after seeing you...LOL

RK^2

rkumar
February 10th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Anyone around who does horse riding and knows about horses ? Please guide me how to go about. I am keen to buy a horse or personal use at my farm in India.

RK^2

itsnavin
February 10th, 2006, 10:00 PM
brother, Polling shuru ho gayi hai...Gharan koi parchi aayi ke nahin?
Umeed hai ki jyada se jyada member isme shamil hongey...Long live democracy!

Here is the link: http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12206

n waht about the VOTING????

cooljat
February 13th, 2006, 12:15 PM
@hooda - hooda bhaisaab, thanks for ur complements....ya! I'm fitness freak n whenever I meet likeminded athletes it feels great pleasure....btw I'm always ready to talk about fitness, anytime :)
Btw...who knows if I switch over from computers to fitness n advenure field ;)

--

@RKUncle -- uncleji, nice to c ur enthu ;) its good that u again reduced ur belly....as for the pics....for now I've this one only but very excited to post some new pics n to c urs as well :) but for now I'll post my shedule including asna names :)

keep fightin fit!

rock on
Jit

downtoearth
February 13th, 2006, 01:27 PM
cooljat is our yoga coach... he`ll throw his gyan online......right dude ? here u go.........

sejwaldeepak
March 17th, 2006, 04:29 PM
The truth behind losing that excess fat from around your tummy region: IT TAKES HARD WORK!

This area, where you have the most fat stored, is the last place you will see it disappear.

Formula for success

Cardio workouts + abs and back workouts = Trim tummy.

Why cardio?

Fat burn is most effective with cardio workouts.

No amount of crunches will 'burn' fat from the tummy area. Until you burn the fat, you won't see a shape.

Cardio workouts elevate your heart rate, forcing your body to take in more oxygen, which circulates in your blood stream, thereby burning the fat deposits.

Choose any form of cardio workout you enjoy. Do it for a minimum of 30 minutes, three to four days a week.

Cardio workout options include walking, aerobics classes, cycling and swimming.

Once you have your cardio workouts in place, start working your abs and back.

There are some basic exercises you can do at home. If you attend a gym or exercise class, these exercises will be included in almost every workout session.

Why abs and back workouts?

In order to tone the tummy muscles and see a nice shape, you must work them regularly. Back exercises always go hand in hand with ab exercises. The back and the abs both support the spine. Over-working either one can very likely result in back problems, imbalanced strength and poor posture.

UPPER ABS CURLS

Easy to do back and ab curls

This is your half sit-up.

Lie on your back, knees bent, feet on the floor.

Place your hands behind your head (more towards the neck) with your fingers linked.

Don't let your chin touch your chest. Keep your head in a comfortable position. Elbows must stay out to the side.

Contract your abdominal muscles and raise your upper body until the shoulders blades come off the floor (don't let your elbows bend forward when you do this).

Lower yourself until your head almost touches the floor. Don't let your head and arms rest on the floor; lift yourself up again just before they do.

Exhale as you lift and inhale as you lower.

Start off with one set of 16 repetitions. Gradually progress to two sets and so on.

REVERSE CURLS

This exercise works your lower abdominal region.

Lie on your back, hands alongside your hips.

Your upper body must stay firmly fixed on the floor. Lift your legs off the floor, knees bent at 90 degrees.

Contract the lower abdominal muscles and lift your hips off the floor. Your knees will move in towards you.

Do not bend and extend the knee. Slowly lower your hips.

Exhale as you lift and inhale as you lower.

Start of with one set of 16 repetitionas and progress to two sets after you can do the first set with less difficulty. Do not stop between repetitions.

BACK HYPEREXTENSIONS

Lie face down on your tummy, fingers linked under your face.

Turn your nose down towards your hands.

Keep your feet firmly on the floor.

Contract your lower back muscles and raise your upper body till your chest comes off the floor, then lower.

Exhale as you lift, inhale as you lower. Do not stop between repetitions.

LEG RAISES

Lie face down on your tummy, hands alongside your hips.

Turn your head over to one side and rest it on the floor.

Keep the upper body firmly fixed on the floor.

Lift your right leg up, contracting the back muscles. Do one set of eight repetitions, then repeat with the left leg. Follow with one more set of eight repetitions for each leg.

Once you can do these, try lifting both legs together. Don't try this double leg lift if you have a back problem.

These are just some effective basic exercises. For variety and working the muscle through different angles, you may want to drop into an exercise class or try a workout video.

deepshi
March 17th, 2006, 04:59 PM
now....mr.sezwaal...dis was really informative.
read EVERY word of dis post:D
seriously...bt hope theres no crappy stuff as holdin n releasin d breath!:o
bt i know,,,dis method helps.
n of course theres no such ex. as 2 remove fat frm a particular area promptly,,u hv 2 do cardios 4 dat.
n Sumit can enlighten us bettr on dis topic (abs. n crunches)
had been thinkin 4 a while 2 post it

sejwaldeepak
March 17th, 2006, 05:02 PM
whenever i get any informative matter . i always posted here in jatland. you can see the earlier posts on this thread.:D

deepshi
March 17th, 2006, 05:15 PM
well, jit if dis is tuff, il send a pic of my real uncle performing MAYURASANA.,,, it wl rock ur pulses den..hehe
he taught us dese asanas n well,,, i can do dis pose as shown in d pic,,,i feel!:D
Bhaisaab,

keep fighting fit!

rock on
Jit

keshavdahiya
March 17th, 2006, 06:58 PM
bhai re manne bhi chepdi se apni photu.....ya mein iibe "before" ki cheppun sun......hahahaha
iibe time na milla se "AFTER" alli khechan ka..........pher chepunga........
itne ya paachlle saal ki se september ki..........

onlyjat
March 18th, 2006, 05:16 PM
gud idea.....to paste your pics.....it mite act as a motivation factor for fellow mates......
bhai sabhi koshish karkke apni picture lagao hum bhi dekhte hain ki kitnni motivation milti hai
and besides that it will be better to provide in ternet links here so that we can share some important info here with out fellow jats..

keep up the high spirit

cooljat
March 20th, 2006, 10:41 AM
hey Liz,
ur talking about Mayurasana, well it certainly wont rock my pulses as its not that hard I feel, its all about balance thing in it, ....btw do u know about nauli-kriya & vrasikasana ( scorpio asana)....they're one of the hardest....my papaji used to practice'em easily & even my friend Rahul, who actually tought me Yoga.....so matter of fact is its not about what ur uncle can do & what my papa can do but about what u can do....so if u can do something gud then paste a pic here otherwise no criticizing ;)

very soon I'll add more pics, that will surely rock ur senses ;)

keep fighting fit!!

Rock on
Jit

well, jit if dis is tuff, il send a pic of my real uncle performing MAYURASANA.,,, it wl rock ur pulses den..hehe
he taught us dese asanas n well,,, i can do dis pose as shown in d pic,,,i feel!:D

sunitahooda
March 20th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Hi Sumit....Valuable info....thanks for a detailed diet info also:)

I have been working like crazy on my abs. And i know that I am a long way from having those "John Abrahm abs." It takes a heck lot of workout.

Sumit[/quote]

cooljat
March 20th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Sunita tu bhi Sumit ke jaise baawli ho lee, Joh Abrham's abs sucks!! too much bulky no six-packs.....usse far better to mere bhaanje himanshu ki hi hai....he's 17 & national level Taekwondo player....btw, attachin his pic, khud hi dekh le....although this pic is not that gud I guess, but still his abs r far better then John's .

rock on
Jit

Hi Sumit....Valuable info....thanks for a detailed diet info also:)

Sumit[/QUOTE]

sunitahooda
March 20th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hi Deepak.....this is really good information i'd been looking for a long time, thanks a lot and its amazing the way you've elaborated....i'm impressed, thanks for enlightening us with this knowledge. I liked the formula for TRIM TUMMY....par jee kadh lega yo....itna asaan na sai jitna tanne ek + arr ek = laa kai dikha diya:D

[quote=sejwaldeepak]The truth behind losing that excess fat from around your tummy region: IT TAKES HARD WORK!

This area, where you have the most fat stored, is the last place you will see it disappear.

Formula for success

Cardio workouts + abs and back workouts = Trim tummy.

sunitahooda
March 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM
This is what i was scared of that we cant avoid criticism in any thread....be it Health and Fitness....Jitey i think it all depends on what appeals to who? if i like John Abraham's abs it doesn't mean that i am gonna try for that....mere kiss kaam ki bawle? I'll rather try for a suitable female celeberities instead....may be like Jessica Simpson,Halle Barry and Monica Balluchi....The idea of starting this thread isn't to FORCE people of your self-centred ideas rather let people GET SELF MOTIVATED and get benefits from whatever they pick from this info....:eek: Also what is seriously bothering me that from this type of thread if get Physically fit....i'll get mentally sick....uska bhi koi todd batayiyo

Sunita tu bhi Sumit ke jaise baawli ho lee, Joh Abrham's abs sucks!! too much bulky no six-packs.....usse far better to mere bhaanje himanshu ki hi hai....he's 17 & national level Taekwondo player....btw, attachin his pic, khud hi dekh le....although this pic is not that gud I guess, but still his abs r far better then John's .

rock on
Jit

[/quote]

cooljat
March 20th, 2006, 12:15 PM
hahahaha, Sunita,
criticsm to hona hi chaiye, but in a positive manner,
btw, self-motivation is better then get motivated by not that worthy, btw I've nothing to take with John Abraham n I like him as a nice human...but yaar tell me agar tum kal kaho muje sumo wrestler jaisi abs chaiye to fer...agar target hi banana hai to uncha hi banana cahiye na....fer bruce lee kyun nahi why John?? :confused:

Are mental fitness ka bhi ilaaz hai mere paas...try Yog-Nidra & relaxation therapy...agar fir bhi koi aaram naa aaye to Agara ya Jaipur aajana...yahan ghanne jordar paaglon ke hospital hai aur bizlee ke jhatke se saari mental prob solve ho jaati hai :D :D :D

rock on
Jit

This is what i was scared of that we cant avoid criticism in any thread....be it Health and Fitness....Jitey i think it all depends on what appeals to who? if i like John Abraham's abs it doesn't mean that i am gonna try for that....mere kiss kaam ki bawle? I'll rather try for a suitable female celeberities instead....may be like Jessica Simpson,Halle Barry and Monica Balluchi....The idea of starting this thread isn't to FORCE people of your self-centred ideas rather let people GET SELF MOTIVATED and get benefits from whatever they pick from this info....:eek: Also what is seriously bothering me that from this type of thread if get Physically fit....i'll get mentally sick....uska bhi koi todd batayiyo

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red][B][/QUOTE]

keshavdahiya
March 20th, 2006, 12:49 PM
hahahaha, Sunita,
btw, self-motivation is better then get motivated by not that worthy, btw I've nothing to take with John Abraham n I like him as a nice human...but yaar tell me agar tum kal kaho muje sumo wrestler jaisi abs chaiye to fer...agar target hi banana hai to uncha hi banana cahiye na....fer bruce lee kyun nahi why John?? :confused:

Are mental fitness ka bhi ilaaz hai mere paas...try Yog-Nidra & relaxation therapy...agar fir bhi koi aaram naa aaye to Agara ya Jaipur aajana...yahan ghanne jordar paaglon ke hospital hai aur bizlee ke jhatke se saari mental prob solve ho jaati hai

ooooooooooo chusss lee ke baanje dat ja tu....teri judo karatte aur tai-khuwan-do........hahahhahhahha killki @tai-khuwan-do.........:D:p
dekhya ne self motivation aalla......
its not necessary that the way you get motivated...other people also get the kick the same way.....but here the point of interest is that what people shud do to be fit and share ech others experinces.......and if its really worth it, then get motivation other wise move on........

er tanne ke chep diya aare yu.....kuun khapiter se yu..........menne te aank phood li manne te dikhi na iski koi si abs....:eek: er tu kittmotivate karre se sabne tu to holle pehlaan.......hahahahahha :D:D:D
manne te nyu laage se ki iss chorre ne tham khaan ne tiiikadd na dete......er isski kaanch likadan ne ho rehi se.....isne thodde badam khawa dyo na naas ho jya ga iska...........manne laage se chepni padegi apni bhi ek aaadh photu aarre.......

er khagad tu menetal fitness ki te rehen de..........
pehlyan nyu bata mental mein kittne "akshar hoya karen".......;)

dude grow up and stop argueing on base less points I hope you get the point.......or may be never.......:confused: :eek:

cooljat
March 20th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Bhai re aur re Kesu khaggad,
thandi baraf khaa le udde ;)
aur kitna grow karayega mane eib 6'4" ka to ho liya :rolleyes:
as for the the motivation....self-motivation is always ahead.
no more leg-pulling in this therad by my side,

Bhai re ye mera bhanja se Himanshu Devenda se, ghanna desi nd balak se, eib ruk do-chaar din iski aur nd fotu lagaunga ;) aur eib tane yo hi nu laage se ki hum isse roti naa dete to sun fer tu Bruce lee ne ke kehwega :confused:
no offense meant guys, carry on........

rock on
Jit

ooooooooooo chusss lee ke baanje dat ja tu....teri judo karatte aur tai-khuwan-do........hahahhahhahha killki @tai-khuwan-do.........
dekhya ne self motivation aalla......
its not necessary that the way you get motivated...other people also get the kick the same way.....but here the point of interest is that what people shud do to be fit and share ech others experinces.......and if its really worth it, then get motivation other wise move on........

er tanne ke chep diya aare yu.....kuun khapiter se yu..........menne te aank phood li manne te dikhi na iski koi si abs....:eek: er tu kittmotivate karre se sabne tu to holle pehlaan.......hahahahahhamanne te nyu laage se ki iss chorre ne tham khaan ne tiiikadd na dete......er isski kaanch likadan ne ho rehi se.....isne thodde badam khawa dyo na naas ho jya ga iska...........manne laage se chepni padegi apni bhi ek aaadh photu aarre.......

er khagad tu menetal fitness ki te rehen de..........
pehlyan nyu bata mental mein kittne "akshar hoya karen".......;)

dude grow up and stop argueing on base less points I hope you get the point.......or may be never.......:confused: :eek:

sunitahooda
March 20th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Jai nuay lagya raha tai TU ar TERA Bhanja dikhoge bass aade....fer le liye dokkey....

[quote=cooljat]hahahaha, Sunita,
btw, self-motivation is better then get motivated by not that worthy, btw I've nothing to take with John Abraham n I like him as a nice human...tanne yo faisla bhi kar diya that he's a nice human :confused:

keshavdahiya
March 20th, 2006, 01:06 PM
thandi baraf khaa le udde ;)
aur kitna grow karayega mane eib 6'4" ka to ho liya :rolleyes:
as for the the motivation....self-motivation is always ahead.
no more leg-pulling in this therad by my side,

Bhai re ye mera bhanja se Himanshu Devenda se, ghanna desi nd balak se, eib ruk do-chaar din iski aur nd fotu lagaunga ;) aur eib tane yo hi nu laage se ki hum isse roti naa dete to sun fer tu Bruce lee ne ke kehwega :confused:
no offense meant guys, carry on........

rock on
Jit

rehen de behes baaji jaake dekh le section shuru ho gya hai......dkehan ge ke thothi karega tu iib.....
rahi baat leg pulling ki i meant to be positive about what i said.....meri chinta na manne tanne iibe bahut kimme dekhna aur janana se......

tu dalle phodde ja bas

and for god sake please talk sense

cheers

cooljat
March 20th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Are oh bhai keshav
tu to kaali maan gaya
Kesu aur gusse mein, viswaas hi naa ho reha
chal leave it, no more nonsense!
take the chill pill aur germany ki baraf!

rock on
Jit

rehen de behes baaji jaake dekh le section shuru ho gya hai......dkehan ge ke thothi karega tu iib.....
rahi baat leg pulling ki i meant to be positive about what i said.....meri chinta na manne tanne iibe bahut kimme dekhna aur janana se......

tu dalle phodde ja bas

and for god sake please talk sense

cheers

ratheetheraist
March 20th, 2006, 01:21 PM
thandi baraf khaa le udde
aur kitna grow karayega mane eib 6'4" ka to ho liya

Bhai re ye mera bhanja se Himanshu Devenda se, ghanna desi nd balak se, eib ruk do-chaar din iski aur nd fotu lagaunga

rock on
Jit

oooooooooooooo sukkaaddd chhanndd kee maammmeeee.............uu tera bhanjaa kee murggaa saii jo tanne isskkii market main bollii hii laa dii raakkass.............. TU MAMA SAII AKK KANSS .........................hahahahahahah............ ..................HEY RAAM ISSAA MAAMA KISE NE NA DIYEE...............hahahahahahaha..............ha hahahahah.........:D:D:D

arr tu 6`4 ka kyun batawe saii appnnee aap ney..........batanna e thaa te 7 foot kyun na kahiiiiiiiiiiii chikunddaarrr.............hahahahahahaha

arr dekh iss tere KIRSHAN ka aur koi fotu na chep diyee aaddee..............naa te uu bhi apnee 24 me saal main teri ghettii apnne CHAKKARR te kaat degaaaa.................hahahahahah...........haha haah...............ahahahaha.....ahahaha:D:D:D:D

aaya sai aade pait main cut cut aalaa............mere dhore bhej de tere iss KIRSHAN ney arr tu bhi aajaiye............donuuaan ke pait main BLADDEE TE ISSE CUT BANA DUNGAA.............PETER ANDRE, KEHGAA MERE TUM MAMA BHANJA KAHOGEE HAAAAIIIIIIIIIII MHAARREE............58U76HYGVBYHJ897RTGY6H8JJUREWC VGBUJIKIUJ7HYREW456789096543DXERCFTGHYJUGVBC45R657 897654EDECXFGVBNJMJHDCX

KE KAREGAA TU IN CUTTAANN KAA .............JA KE KHEL LE NE MAATI MAIN.....................HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........H AHHA..........:D:D:D

cooljat
March 20th, 2006, 01:42 PM
theek se bhai Rathi
tu bhi kar le ghani khinchai
sorry guys, I never meant offense!

rock on
Jit

oooooooooooooo sukkaaddd chhanndd kee maammmeeee.............uu tera bhanjaa kee murggaa saii jo tanne isskkii market main bollii hii laa dii raakkass.............. TU MAMA SAII AKK KANSS .........................hahahahahahah............ ..................HEY RAAM ISSAA MAAMA KISE NE NA DIYEE...............hahahahahahaha..............ha hahahahah.........:D:D:D

arr tu 6`4 ka kyun batawe saii appnnee aap ney..........batanna e thaa te 7 foot kyun na kahiiiiiiiiiiii chikunddaarrr.............hahahahahahaha

arr dekh iss tere KIRSHAN ka aur koi fotu na chep diyee aaddee..............naa te uu bhi apnee 24 me saal main teri ghettii apnne CHAKKARR te kaat degaaaa.................hahahahahah...........haha haah...............ahahahaha.....ahahaha:D:D:D:D

aaya sai aade pait main cut cut aalaa............mere dhore bhej de tere iss KIRSHAN ney arr tu bhi aajaiye............donuuaan ke pait main BLADDEE TE ISSE CUT BANA DUNGAA.............PETER ANDRE, KEHGAA MERE TUM MAMA BHANJA KAHOGEE HAAAAIIIIIIIIIII MHAARREE............58U76HYGVBYHJ897RTGY6H8JJUREWC VGBUJIKIUJ7HYREW456789096543DXERCFTGHYJUGVBC45R657 897654EDECXFGVBNJMJHDCX

KE KAREGAA TU IN CUTTAANN KAA .............JA KE KHEL LE NE MAATI MAIN.....................HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........H AHHA..........:D:D:D

keshavdahiya
March 20th, 2006, 04:51 PM
theek se bhai Rathi
tu bhi kar le ghani khinchai
sorry guys, I never meant offense!

rock on
Jit

oooo kakke tu thand raakh......tu chahe kimme kar le teri naad te pher bhi toddan ge......hahahhahahha er nyu e killki maran ge.......
cheers dude

keep smiling

cooljat
March 21st, 2006, 09:56 AM
RE Kesu Khagaad,
Todd le meri naad,
aur nu kar mera postmartam karke mere Gurde nikaal ke bhech de, Aur Ish Rupi ne meri Ankhe de diye yeh bhech ke ghanni daaru-cirgate khareed layega, aur Rathi ne mera Kalega de diye iski bhi thodi amadni ho jaagi, Aur Sunita ne mera liver kaad ke de diye sunna hai ghanna mehenga bikata hai, ishe bhech ke uski Bolero jaroor aa jayegi, aur bhi koi kaam ki cheez mile to use bhech ke party kar liye :D :D :D :D

Rock on,
Jit

oooo kakke tu thand raakh......tu chahe kimme kar le teri naad te pher bhi toddan ge......hahahhahahha er nyu e killki maran ge.......
cheers dude

keep smiling

sunitahooda
March 21st, 2006, 10:08 AM
Arrey oh bighanni Oont tere Liver ke ar pissyan ke bisar na rehri meri Bolero.....Babu na manta....pisse bohot ghane sai....arr JATAn ki hoya kare na....KHA TAI KHA GHEE TAI...NA JA JEE TAI....maruti 800....Zen tai wo aaj diva de par main apne STYLE se kam gaadi na lena chahti....na to issi lagungi...jissa tu ELIMINATOR AALI GADHI SI PAI LAGEGA....

Aur Sunita ne mera liver kaad ke de diye sunna hai ghanna mehenga bikata hai, ishe bhech ke uski Bolero jaroor aa jayegi, aur bhi koi kaam ki cheez mile to use bhech ke party kar liye :D :D :D :D

Rock on,
Jit [/quote]

anilmeel
March 24th, 2006, 02:14 PM
You become what u eat....

Four pillars of good health are:----

Balanced diet
Exercise
Adequate rest
Positive attitude