PDA

View Full Version : today is Swami Vivekanand's Bday -- Jit

cooljat
January 12th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Jatlanders,
today is our most zealful n thunderous young leader's Bday,
come all, we should remember his greatness n follow his path.
in today's kalyug, we need young n energetic leaders to changer our India.
u know for taking revolution there's only one dedicated young gun is enough!

It fills me great Josh, when I read his great words, "awake, arise, & don't stop till u get successed' ;)

Salutations, to greatest leader of India!

rock on
Jit

mukeshkumar007
January 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
we can't forget his contribution... by following his path we can enlighten Indian value in a better views... lets join hand to convert his dream into reality....

Jatlanders,
today is our most zealful n thunderous young leader's Bday,
come all, we should remember his greatness n follow his path.
in today's kalyug, we need young n energetic leaders to changer our India.
u know for taking revolution there's only one dedicated young gun is enough!

It fills me great Josh, when I read his great words, "awake, arise, & don't stop till u get successed' ;)

Salutations, to greatest leader of India!

rock on
Jit

dndeswal
January 12th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Swami Vivekanand's biography is available on the following web-pge:

http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda_biography/vivekananda_biography.htm (http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda_biography/vivekananda_biography.htm)

anujkadyan
January 12th, 2006, 03:54 PM
He has been an inspirational figure for millions of people. I have read a few books about this great leader and it fills your heart with sheer admiration for him.

He was epitome of what a few men with a great will and self belief can do for the world.

He preached Strength is life and Weakness is death. he emphasized the importance of physical strength and that a person will be better able to understand gita if he is physicaly and mentally strong.

http://www.utdallas.edu/~ramakrishnan/Swami_Vivekananda.htm

some of his famous quotes.

Regards,
Anuj Kadyan

raj2rif
January 13th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Dear Anuj and Mr. Deswal,
Thanks a lot for remembering Swami Vivekanand and providing valuable links to the readers. Actually, I did not know about his birthday, but as a matter of coincednece, I was talking to my son about Vivekanand and asking him to read aobut him, and if possible come up with a script to make a documentry on this great person.

I was fortunate to visit his museum in Michigan during my visit to US in 1987. Time permitting, I will go again and this time spend a little more time there. It is an amazing museum.

cooljat
January 12th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Dear All,

I wonder how many of you remembered, one of the greatest and ever inspiring leader of India's Bday Anniversary, which is today !! :rolleyes:

Come on, guys let's pay tribute to this charismatic leonine zealful leader on his Bday !

" Vivekananda was a soul of puissance if ever there was one, a very lion among men, but the definitive work he has left behind is quite incommensurate with our impression of his creative might and energy. We perceive his influence still working gigantically, we know not well how, we know not well where, in something that is not yet formed, something leonine, grand, intuitive, upheaving that has entered the soul of India and we say,
"Behold, Vivekananda still lives in the soul of his Mother and in the souls of her children. " - Aurobindo Ghosh

Salutations !!!

Rock on
Jit

anubhokar
January 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Swami Vivekananda was truly the son of soil. His immense love for his mother nation, his fellow countrymen and Guru is unparalleled. His life is an inspiration for today's youth.

I have read couple of books bout him and I just cannot explain in words the deep impact the guru-disciple duo have on me or for that matter any other reader.

Salutes to this Great Man!!!
(Its b'coz of ppl like him that I feel proud to be an Indian)

sachinb
January 12th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Swami Viveka Nand was a great man no doubt, My life has been greatly influenced by his thoughts.......

Generally we people forget these great Men in between as we did last year,,,,,,,,,still its good to see the thread live again.

minichaudhary
January 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Swami Vivekananda..was a great thinker and ttrue reformer of India.
As a teacher...i found his views on education and teaching quite relavent and useful even in today's era.He defines education as "the menifestations of the perfection already in man"
Swami Vivekananda-the vary mention of his name motivates youth.His message has influenced,inspired and transformed innumerable individuals globally over the last hundred years.
His thoughts,his ideology and philosphoy becomes more relavent in today's world when youth of country appers lost in the maze of enormous magnitude of changes taking place all around on one hand and deterioration of standards,ethics and values in the society of other.

AmitGahlawat
January 13th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Thans for posting such a good thread, m highly inspired by him as my dad Ji always used to tell stories about him to motivate us.

Aao hum sab apni saari burayiyon ka parityag karein jaise ki.....hnsa/ ghrinna/ naffrat/ paap/ aur to aur nasha ityadi ka bi tyag karein....chahe wo BEER hi kyu na ho....waise mai kabhi nahi peeta. But all who swear by Swami Vivekanand's uproaring attitude and his ways must do this to prevail his good path shown to us:):)
Dear All,

I wonder how many of you remembered, one of the greatest and ever inspiring leader of India's Bday Anniversary, which is today !! :rolleyes:

Come on, guys let's pay tribute to this charismatic leonine zealful leader on his Bday !

" Vivekananda was a soul of puissance if ever there was one, a very lion among men, but the definitive work he has left behind is quite incommensurate with our impression of his creative might and energy. We perceive his influence still working gigantically, we know not well how, we know not well where, in something that is not yet formed, something leonine, grand, intuitive, upheaving that has entered the soul of India and we say,
"Behold, Vivekananda still lives in the soul of his Mother and in the souls of her children. " - Aurobindo Ghosh

Salutations !!!

Rock on
Jit

Samarkadian
January 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
युवा दिवस!

इसे vidambhna कहें या आधुनिक ज़माने की chkachoundh. Yuvaon के लिए जीवन स्त्रोत रहे स्वामी विवेकानंद की जगह चोक्लेती हीरो ne ले ली है. 19vi शताब्दी में भारतीय समाज के लिए सामाजिक,अध्यात्मिक और बौधिक धरातल पर स्वामी विवेकानंद एक सूरज की तरह उभरे. विभिन्न कुसंगित्यो से व्यापत समाज को उनके कुंद आतम-सम्मान को विशव स्तर पर एक नई पहचान दी जो ब्रिटिश शाशन ने एक तरह से ख़तम ही कर दी थी. संयासी जीवन के विपरीत जाकर भारतीय जनमानस में ख़ुद की महानता का एहसास करवाया.महात्मा घंडी, सुबाश बोस, रविन्देर्नाथ टगोर जैसे महापुरुषों ने उनसे प्रेरेना लेते हुए भारतीय स्वांतरता का बिगुल बजाया और अंतत सफल हुए. पिचली शदी के पहले पचास वर्ष में लगा की पुरा भारत वर्ष एक धागे में पिरो दिया गया है और इसमे इसके विविधता के मोती चमकते हैं.आज़ादी के बाद से ये माला ऐसी बिखरानी शुरू हुई की इसकी असंख्य गांठे पढ़ चुकी हैं. आज उसी भारतवर्ष को आधुनिक समय की सम्सयाओ के साथ साथ kshetrwad, जातिवाद और आतंकवाद जैसे दानवो से चुनौती मिल रही है.

वैचारिक स्तर पर जिस तरह से पश्चिम की गुलामी से स्वामी विवेकानंद ने लोहा लिया था वही आज फिर विकास के साइड एफ्फेक्ट्स के रूप में मुह बाये खड़ी हैं. बौधिक स्तर पर बहुत कम भारतीय और बहुत कुछ पश्चिम है.
भले ही आज जीविका की समस्या इतनी बड़ी न हो किंतु tanav की समस्या कहीं बहुत बड़ी है. ऐसे में स्वामी विवेकानंद के वेदांत का सिधांत बहुत उपयोगी है लेकिन ये सिर्फ़ उनको याद करने, जन्मदिवस मानाने , आश्रम खोलने से ज्यादा हासिल नही होगा.

धर्मं को स्वामी विवेकनन्द ने एक आत्मिक परिभासा से अभिभूत किया था. आज के ज़माने में लोग बहुत से ध्रमगुरुओ के अनुयाय्वी हैं लेकिन एक भी धर्मगुरु इतना क्षमतावान नही है जो पुरे भारतीय जनमानस को एक दर्शन दे सके. ऐसे में वो सिर्फ़ एक और आश्रम या व्यापार ज्यादा प्रतीत होता है. ये बड़ा हसय्पद लगता है की विदेशो में पश्चिम के लोग ही स्वामी विवेकनन्द को ज्यादा समझ पाए या ग्रहण किया.

पहले के मुकाबले भारत को हर स्तर पर एक नही सकडो विवेक्नंद चाहिए और वो भी लगातार कई दशको तक.

उनका विशव धरम महासभा में दिया गया bhashan:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=yHgkOs9ZFvM

poonamchaudhary
January 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Swami Vivekananda...just the name is enough to bring alive the burnished saffron persona that filled the indian youth with self-belief, fire, determination, faith and vitality. He is not a personality that can be bounded in few words of praise. He transcended the boundations of self and reached out and touched the hearts of millions. I remember that since childhood this one personality influenced me a great deal. I grew up thriving on his quotes. I used to read small booklets based on his life bought by my father and used to get so inspired that i would think of becoming like him. They always filled me with a zeal and taught me the lessons of life. He is an ideal that all of us must follow because his wisdom is like ever burning lamp that can guide us through the dark alleys of today's world. He breathed a new vigour and zeal in the veins of indian society at a time when it was crumbling down under the british colonialism. He filled the tired and servile indian youth with self-belief and esteem. Lets remember him and follow the path that this great person showed us.

And a word of thanks to Mr. Jit Takhar who started this thread and made us come together here and remember this great person who was a patriot, saint and a reformer.

cooljat
January 12th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Hi All,

I'm a bit surprised not to see any remembrance thread about greatest and most charismatic zealous leader Vivekananda on his b'day.

I started a thread for the same some couple of years ago, wanted to re-open it but couldn't find any mod online.

Anyways, let's all pay tribute to sucha inspiring electrifying leader who can ignite life in a dead. Let's all read his teachings and quotes and try to implement in our lives to make it real n' lively. I want to share one of his wonderful quote -

"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success." - Swami Vivekananda

If anybody want to have a look on that thread please click - http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?11502-today-is-Swami-Vivekanand-s-Bday-Jit

Salute to such a great personality !

Cheers
Jit

cooljat
January 12th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hi All,

Would like to share a b'ful quote by Great Vivekananda on his 150th B'day anniversary. Let's remember the wonderful youth icon and follow few of his teachings-

"After every happiness comes misery; they may be far apart or near. The more advanced the soul, the more quickly does one follow the other. What we want is neither happiness nor misery. Both make us forget our true nature; both are chains--one iron, one gold; behind both is the Atman, who knows neither happiness nor misery. These are states, and states must ever change; but the nature of the Atman is bliss, peace, unchanging. We have not to get it, we have it; only wash away the dross and see it."

Salute to one of the greatest leader of all time!

Cheers
Jit

singhvp
January 12th, 2012, 10:30 AM
How many of us are subscribing to the ideals of this great soul in our practical life?. I think, it would be only a rhetoric unless we do not put into practice his great teachings. In this fast moving age of cut-throat competition, most of us are ridden with feelings of jealousy, greed, misplaced ego, self-gratification, sensuousness. Unless we are not able to overcome these weaknesses, the exhortations will not have any real impact and will be nothing more than a few sound bytes. As far as my little knowledge is concerned, the essence of Vivekananda's philosophy was a life of simplicity and self-control with high moral standards. I observe, most of our brothers and sisters who are preaching are prone to so many weaknesses. They are living in Live-in-relationship, guzzling beer and sipping Bacardi, going to Discos and having fun with go-go girls etc. etc. During discussions, they are highly intemperate, venomous, derisively negative, pugnacious and unduly sarcastic which Viveka Nanda never taught. In fact, forthrightness and truthfulness have ceased to be virtues and these traits meet with aggressive hostility. So, brothers, preach what you practice. Time permitting, I will write on this great personality's philosophical nuances also in due course.

DrRajpalSingh
January 12th, 2012, 11:00 AM
How many of us are subscribing to the ideals of this great soul in our practical life?. I think, it would be only a rhetoric unless we do not put into practice his great teachings. In this fast moving age of cut-throat competition, most of us are ridden with feelings of jealousy, greed, misplaced ego, self-gratification, sensuousness. Unless we are not able to overcome these weaknesses, the exhortations will not have any real impact and will be nothing more than a few sound bytes. As far as my little knowledge is concerned, the essense of Vivekananda's philosophy was a life of simplicity and self-control with high moral standards. I observe, most of our brothers and sisters who are preaching are prone to so many weakness. They are living in Live-in-relationship, guzzling beer and sipping bacardi, going to Discos and having fun with go-go girls etc. etc. During discussions, they are highly intemperate, venomous, derisively negative, pugnacious and unduly sarcastic which Viveka Nanda never taught. In fact, forthrightness and truthfulness have ceased to be virtues and these traits meet with aggressive hostility. So, brothers, preach what you practice. Time permitting, I will write on this great personality's philosophical nuances also in due course.

We join to salute the ever great national hero.

Excellent post.

Would we introspect and implement the ideals and ideas of the great people like Swami Vivekanand.

kapdal
January 12th, 2012, 09:51 PM
If anyone believes that Vivekananda would have supported the radical Hindutva that is exclusivist (many radicals in hindutva brigade try to usurp him as their hero), please see below an excerpt from his famous speech in Chicago in the Parliament of religions:

“…. Sectarianism, bigotry and its horrible descendant fanaticism have filled the earth with violence, drenched it often and often with human gore, destroyed civilization and sent whole nations into despair. Had it not been for this horrible demon, society would have been much farther advanced than it is today …… this parliament that is assembled is the death knell to all fanaticism, death knell to all persecution with the sword or the pen and to all uncharitable feelings between brethren wending their way to the same goal but through different ways…..”

He was all for peaceful, mutual coexistence of religions.