PDA

View Full Version : Corruption in govt offices

gsvijay1
January 12th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I read the news about women appointed in driving licence branches to reduce corruption.

I think after some time when they will get comfortable with the system and will have enough confidence, they will also restore to same practices as thier male counterparts. I don't think gender plays any role in forcing a individual to accept bribes.

This may be a quick fix to reduce corruption in short term but we need to find a solution for long terms.

--------------------------------------
Women to man licensing work
Our Correspondent

Sonepat, January 11
The Deputy Commissioner, Ms Neerja Shekhar, today appointing women employees in the driving licence branches based at Sonepat, Ganaur and Gohana subdivisions in this district.

According to a report, the new experiment is aimed at launching a vigorous drive against corruption prevalent in these branches. The women employees, it is said, will not adopt corrupt practices in issuing driving licences. The action of the Deputy Commissioner has caused panic among the middlemen who managed to get the driving licences by giving bribe to male clerks.

Official sources revealed that Ms Ajit Kaur has been appointed as the driving licence clerk in the office of the SDM, Sonepat. Similarly, Ms Luxmi has been posted as licencing clerk in the office of the SDM Ganaur. Ms Usha has been posted as the licencing clerk in the office of the SDM Gohana.

The Deputy Commissioner has also ordered the transfer of all registry clerks in the tehsil offices of Sonepat, Ganaur, Kharkhauda and Gohana with immediate effect.
----------------------------------