PDA

View Full Version : Rang DE Basanti ...a thought provoking movie..

mukeshkumar007
January 30th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Rang De Basanti

It is really a thought provoking movie which asks several questions to us especially from youth guns.
The primary message of this film is:-

Duniya maie doo kisam ke log hote hai
Ek wo jo is sade gale system ko bardast karke and duniyadari ke jamelo maie fans kar isi ka hisa ban jate hai…and dusre wo jo is system ko badlne ke liye maut ko bi gale laga lete hai…. “

Really awesome movie.. I think all of you must watch this movie and then ask ur innersoul (antraatma) that are u really willing to change this system.?.

cooljat
January 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM
bhai mukesh,
Indeed a class act,
one of the finest movie ever to be made.
I really liked it myself n rate it one of my all time favs.
Indeed it was thought-provoking movie.

I like the punch-line 'A Generation awaknes!'

kudos to all the crew!

rock on
Jit

sejwaldeepak
January 30th, 2006, 01:18 PM
I will see this movie.....Ek aur movie thi jo kuch kuch isi terah system ke against thi.... Sabne dekhi hogi mere khyal se yaad hai kuch?
""JANE BHI DO YARON""

dahiyarules
January 30th, 2006, 01:37 PM
The good part is that many people admit that the system has failed. The sad part is that most of these people want to replace this problem called Government with nothing else but Government.

Its the overnment thats the problem, stupid. :D

jagmohan
January 30th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I too saw the movie and found nothing extraordinary.

Juxtaposing the valour and commitment of freedom fighters with beer drinking vagabonds looked pathetic. The plot is weak. And a not a single song to enjoy.
But many would find it exciting because anything said against a rotting system looks fine now a days.

A good 100 rupees wasted...

downtoearth
January 30th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Juxtaposing the valour and commitment of freedom fighters with beer drinking vagabonds looked pathetic. The plot is weak. And a not a single song to enjoy.
But many would find it exciting because anything said against a rotting system looks fine now a days.

jagmohan sir ,, aap ney to ji taar diya,:cool: , sir i`ve bought tickets of evening show:D ...but sir ,songs r very natural ,,not like today`s hip hop n remixes..the typical middle class dance of amir is the keepsake of songs...

mukeshkumar007
January 30th, 2006, 05:34 PM

I don't how it was the waste of money ?

here an article which is written by " JaiPrakash Chokse "

rahulkharb
January 30th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Indeed a thought provoking movie. Its strange how everyone forgot to mention about Sukhi?? I think he was quite entertaining.

baliyan83
January 31st, 2006, 09:48 AM
its realy the best movie i have ever watched

and as the movies goes

NOW ITS OUR TURN TO TAKE THE CHARGE ...................

LETS WORK TOGETHER

TO MAKE OUR MOTHERLAND A BETTER PLACE

cooljat
January 31st, 2006, 09:49 AM
good article bhai mukesh,
I feel jaiprakash chokse's articles r only thing that worth reading this crap newspaper! ;)

--

col. uncleji, is genX ko genx way mein hi samjaya jaa sakta hai....if u give them guru gyan they will say ... lectuer de reha hai, old man ;)

---
Btw, kudos to A.R. Rehman for sucha heart-touching music....in this era of bull$#it remixes & crap music....it felt like cool breeze....A.R.Rehman is a maestro in this new era of music :)

rock on
Jit

baliyan83
January 31st, 2006, 10:15 AM
WELL I DINT READ THE MESSAGE POSTED BY LT COL
SAHAB ,I WAS SHOCKED TO READ UR VIEWS
BEING A DEFENCE PERSON I DINT XPECTED THIS FRM U

I WAS COMPELLED TO ANSWER AFTER READING HIS VIEWS

FIRST OF ALL DONT TAKE MY VIEWS AS PERSONAL SIR,YOU R JUST LIKE MY PARENTS,BUT YOU SHOULD BE OPEN TO VIEWS

U C WHEN AMITABH GOES ILLL ITS A NATIONAL NEWS

SOMEDAY HE WILL SUFFER FROM CONSTIPATION IT WILL ALSO BECOME A NATIONAL NEWS

BCOZ HE IS SO CALLED HERO OF OUR COUNTRY ( BULLSHIT )

U KNOW SIR MEDIA IS THE MOST IMPORTANT WAY OF SPREADING THE MESSAGE NOWADAYS

N THESE SO CALLED OUR HEROS ( EXCEPT AMIR ,NANA, AND DIRECTRS GOWARIKAR,PRAKASH JHA,RAKESH MEHRA,vidhu vinod chopra........)

ALL THESE PEOPLE JUST USE IT AS A BUSINESS
WE R HAPPY TO SEE MINDLESSS MOVIES AND FEEL HAPPY FOR 3 HRS
AND AFTER THAT WE DONT WANNA THINK ANYTHING ,,

BCOZ WE DONT WANT TO THINK WE JUST WANT TO REMAIN DORMANT IN OUR SHELLS AND LET THE THINGS HAPPEN AROUND US
WE DONT WANT TO THINK ANYTHING

YOU ARE YOURSELF A DEFENCE PERSON

U SUD B PROUD THAT THESE KIND OF ISSUES HAS BEEN RAISED IN THE MOVIE

ALL OF US KNOW EVERY YEAR HOW MANY PILOTS DIE BCOZ OF THAT MIG PLANE
BUT NO ONE COMPLAINS

LOOK AT THE FAMILIES WHO HAVE LOST THEIR SONS

AND THE SACRIFICE OF THOSE SONS HAS BEEN A SHEAR WASTE

THEY COULD HAVE SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES FOR SOME MEANINGFUL CAUSE,

I THINK THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST EFFORT BY A DIRECTOR TO COMBINE THE PAST AND THE PRESENT

LOOK AT HIS WAY OF COMBINING TWO STORIES

IT WAS ULTIMATE

I KNEW THAT BHAGAT SINGH WENT ON A HUNGER STRIKE FOR SOME DAYS IN JAIL

BUT I WAS NOT SURE ABOUT THE NUMBER OF DAYS
IT IS 114 DAYS N ITS THE MOVIE WHICH HAS CONVEYED THE MESSAGE

N COMING BACK TO CONDENMING GOVT I DONT THINK WE SHOULD PRAISE OUR GOVT FOR SUPPLYING DEATH PLANES TO OUR PILOTS

cooljat
January 31st, 2006, 10:29 AM
kudos to u avinash bro, its ineed one of the finest movie ever to be made in Bollywood!

rock on
Jit

downtoearth
January 31st, 2006, 12:50 PM
avinash bro,, i would like to remind u that we r talking bout film..it depends on the taste of the person

if jagmohan sir is a defence person then ,,,wot du expect?that he`ll like every film having plot based on defence...cm on dude ,grow up to films..

avinash,, mangal pandey was based on first struggling step of indian freeedom moment...but it couldnt make its place on box office...can u ask indians that \y dint they like the movie as it was based on our first step,, ..
i give an example ,,, Gadar was based on india n pakistan, it was a super duper hit movie but being an indian i found it the most disgusting movie of the decade....
making film is not only a bussines for ramu ,jha, rakesh n amir.... apart from bussines ,making film is the way to express their ideas, concept n a try to show reality...we cant compare david dhawan with ramu or jha.. in fact these guys know how to make quality films n how to maintain quality....

FIRST OF ALL DONT TAKE MY VIEWS AS PERSONAL SIR,YOU R JUST LIKE MY PARENTS,BUT YOU SHOULD BE OPEN TO VIEWS

N THESE SO CALLED OUR HEROS ( EXCEPT AMIR ,NANA, AND DIRECTRS GOWARIKAR,PRAKASH JHA,RAKESH MEHRA,vidhu vinod chopra........)

BCOZ WE DONT WANT TO THINK WE JUST WANT TO REMAIN DORMANT IN OUR SHELLS AND LET THE THINGS HAPPEN AROUND US

BUT NO ONE COMPLAINS

I THINK THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST EFFORT BY A DIRECTOR TO COMBINE THE PAST AND THE PRESENT

IT WAS ULTIMATE

N COMING BACK TO CONDENMING GOVT I DONT THINK WE SHOULD PRAISE OUR GOVT FOR SUPPLYING DEATH PLANES TO OUR PILOTS

jagmohan
January 31st, 2006, 01:09 PM
Dear Mukesh, Cool Jat & Avinash,

This is unfair and I protest.

Unfair because I posted my comments on the movie because I didn't like it. Simple. Actually nothing can be simpler than that. Why are you getting so upset and bringing in issues unrelated to the topic? Or is it that Gen X can't accept other's views!!! Have I objected to your liking this movie? NO. PLease go and see it 100 times. But what gives you the right to object to my likes and dislikes? And by the way I consider myself much smarter than the gen X !!! Now please don't question that too...

When I said it was a waste of Rs 100/-, it actually was. I think I wasted the amount. Now if you think it was an investment, please go ahead and watch it 100 times. I had watched SHOLAY 150 times. Any problem with that?

Bhai Avinash, what has being or not being in Defence got to do with a simple fact of liking or not liking a movie? Totally unrelated. Well if you are really concerned when Amitabh feels constipated I can only pity you my friend. I hope we feel the same way when our near and dear have similar problem. Does one learn patriotism from a movie that has been badly conceived in the first place.

I thought one learns about the country and the will to contribute towards it's well being from one's parents and teachers and not from a movie. Let me ask you a simple question. What have you done for your country after watching 'Rang De Basanti'? OK, what do you plan to do in the near future? Do let me know, I too want to join you all.

The issue about MIG 21 is unrelated to the present discussion. You can start another thread and we all can discuss it.

Regards,

JS Malik

cooljat
January 31st, 2006, 01:14 PM
bhai rupi,
tune ek dum sahi baat kahi hai.....reel life n real life mein bahut farak hai, as for the movies r concerned, Rang de basanti is one of the best from AAmir & Mangal pandey is one of the wrost....all in all a nice movie!

waise jahan tak system badlne ki baat hai...forget about it....agar har koi self-analysis karke khood ko change kar le for something better....yeh desh kya ye wicked world khud be khud hi badal jaayega!

Self-realisation is most imp thing!

waise tune dekhi ya nahi movie...if yes! how do u rate it!

rock on
Jit

avinash bro,, i would like to remind u that we r talking bout film..it depends on the taste of the person

if jagmohan sir is a defence person then ,,,wot du expect?that he`ll like every film having plot based on defence...cm on dude ,grow up to films..

avinash,, mangal pandey was based on first struggling step of indian freeedom moment...but it couldnt make its place on box office...can u ask indians that \y dint they like the movie as it was based on our first step,, ..
i give an example ,,, Gadar was based on india n pakistan, it was a super duper hit movie but being an indian i found it the most disgusting movie of the decade....
making film is not only a bussines for ramu ,jha, rakesh n amir.... apart from bussines ,making film is the way to express their ideas, concept n a try to show reality...we cant compare david dhawan with ramu or jha.. in fact these guys know how to make quality films n how to maintain quality....

cooljat
January 31st, 2006, 01:17 PM
Respected uncleji,
pranam!

I feel extremly sorry if somehow it hurt u, wasn't any intention though.
Its a personal choice if u liked it or not but it initiated that burning issue of 'Flying coffins'...we shud start a new theard about it...nice idea!

again feel sorry, no offense meant!

rock on
Jit

Dear Mukesh, Cool Jat & Avinash,

This is unfair and I protest.

Unfair because I posted my comments on the movie because I didn't like it. Simple. Actually nothing can be simpler than that. Why are you getting so upset and bringing in issues unrelated to the topic? Or is it that Gen X can't accept other's views!!! Have I objected to your liking this movie? NO. PLease go and see it 100 times. But what gives you the right to object to my likes and dislikes? And by the way I consider myself much smarter than the gen X !!! Now please don't question that too...

When I said it was a waste of Rs 100/-, it actually was. I think I wasted the amount. Now if you think it was an investment, please go ahead and watch it 100 times. I had watched SHOLAY 150 times. Any problem with that?

Bhai Avinash, what has being or not being in Defence got to do with a simple fact of liking or not liking a movie? Totally unrelated. Well if you are really concerned when Amitabh feels constipated I can only pity you my friend. I hope we feel the same way when our near and dear have similar problem. Does one learn patriotism from a movie that has been badly conceived in the first place.

I thought one learns about the country and the will to contribute towards it's well being from one's parents and teachers and not from a movie. Let me ask you a simple question. What have you done for your country after watching 'Rang De Basanti'? OK, what do you plan to do in the near future? Do let me know, I too want to join you all.

The issue about MIG 21 is unrelated to the present discussion. You can start another thread and we all can discuss it.

Regards,

JS Malik

deepshi
January 31st, 2006, 01:37 PM
N d music is nt THAT pathetic.
theres dis song- loose control[pathshaala]. gr8 wen listened full n on good music system!! IT ROCKS!!:cool:
n lyrics r fine 2- harr dil mein budbud karta H2SO4 hai!! hehe
good job.
kudos to u avinash bro, its ineed one of the finest movie ever to be made in Bollywood!

rock on
Jit

jagmohan
January 31st, 2006, 01:46 PM
Respected uncleji,
pranam!

I feel extremly sorry if somehow it hurt u, wasn't any intention though.
Its a personal choice if u liked it or not but it initiated that burning issue of 'Flying coffins'...we shud start a new theard about it...nice idea!

again feel sorry, no offense meant!

rock on
Jit

Cool JAT,

Come on Jitendra. You know me better. I never feel bad. All I said was my view point. My wife, son and his fiancee liked the movie very much but I didn't. I have absolutely nothing against those who liked the movie.

Movies to bhai Dharmender ki huyaa karti!!!

Take Care.

JS Malik

captmanjeet
January 31st, 2006, 03:28 PM

BUT NO ONE COMPLAINS

IT WAS ULTIMATE

After seeing so much liking for the movie i plan to watch this movie this weekend.so comments(my opinion) on the movie proper will be after that.
Iwhat made me join the discussion is the comments u have made avinash.As per u all men is uniform should like all the movies or documentry on defence subjects and especially if it is controversy between the goverment and the forces.As jagmohan sir has pointed out It is not like that we the person in forces have little or no time to have the disscussion pertaining to government actions and mind u we are not suppose to discuss politics in any social gathering.
i wonder how much knowledge do u have on the Flying Coffins as u say them.Do u know that MIG series is still the most potent weapon system Indian air force is having.The no of accidents of migs are more because 80% of are fleet is of migs.Your so called media who is so worried about the contipation of amitabh bachan has termed them flying coffins and u have whole heartedly believed them because it gives u chance to critisize the government.Avinash things are not as bad as your post depicts them.
Now regarding the person who made this movie yesterday i was watching a story on star news regarding the airforce pilot on whose story this whole film is based.She was not at all comfortable with the movie makers.I could not see the whole programm so I cannot put in the details about the pain she is suffering once again because of the makers of this movie after she lost her pilot son.

As col malik has said we would discuss these So called Flying coffins in detail in some other thread.
rest after watching the movie

baliyan83
February 1st, 2006, 11:00 AM
First Of All Captain Here Is Ur Signature

Good Judgement Comes From Experience,experience Comes From Bad Judgement

And It Says Everything About My Threads

I Think U Wil Understand, But Still I M Heading Towards Good Judgement ,n I Think I Am Realy

Now COL Sahab I Respect , N I Respect U More Than Any Person On This Jatland As I Have Read Your All Threads 679 Of Them

It Is A Public Forum N Any One Can Posts His Likes N Dislikes,

You R Very True

But U Know Sir Y I Joined This Site Is Not Bcoz I Am A Jat

But Only Bcoz Of This That I Think It's A Very Good Platform To Discuss Issues And Awaken People ( And I Mean It )

I Was Upset To See Ur Views Only Bcoz As I Think This Movie Is Difrnt Frm Entrtnmnt Kind Of Thing,

N Secondly I Discus With My Father Many Things ,he Never Used To Listen To Me And I Also Never Use To Listen To Him But After That We Both Droped Our Egos And We Opened Up ,realy I Mean It,
Now He Discus With Me Everything Even Premarital Sex Can U Believe It ,no ,nobody Believes But Its True N Even He Is Always Trying Ot Convince Me That "iss Desh Ka Kuch Nahi Ho Sakta"

N I Always Fite Back With My Views N The Thing Goes On N On ........ (like Amaron Battery )

Now When There Are People There R Views ,when There R Views There R Conflicts
Its The Law Of Nature

Now Sir Have You Seen Satyakam Movie And As U Have Seen Sholay 150 Times

Which 1 Is Better

Definately From Entertainment View Its Sholay

But When U Go Deep U Will Find Satyakam Gives A Message Which Inspires A Lot

For Me Media Is Not Entertainment ,it Is Way For Awakening Poeple

And I M Not Looking From A Pessimist Point ,i Know Things Are Becoming Good

But These Are Not As Good As They Should Be

AND as far as media goes I admit that most of them r not communicating in rite way

U can c urself when bachan goes to hospital its a national issue ,what a shear waste of time n money

But when a perosn makes such an inspiring movie people have objection

n nowcome to my ways sir

m still on the thinkin process n m planin many things
but i need help from u people that was my main motive to reply ur thread sir

Rest I Wil Rite In Next Thread As I Have An Exam At 12 Clock

I Wil Rply All Ur Qts

captmanjeet
February 1st, 2006, 11:16 AM
First Of All Captain Here Is Ur Signature

Good Judgement Comes From Experience,experience Comes From Bad Judgement

And It Says Everything About My Threads

I Think U Wil Understand, But Still I M Heading Towards Good Judgement ,n I Think I Am Realy

Now COL Sahab I Respect , N I Respect U More Than Any Person On This Jatland As I Have Read Your All Threads 679 Of Them

It Is A Public Forum N Any One Can Posts His Likes N Dislikes,

You R Very True

But U Know Sir Y I Joined This Site Is Not Bcoz I Am A Jat

But Only Bcoz Of This That I Think It's A Very Good Platform To Discuss Issues And Awaken People ( And I Mean It )

I Was Upset To See Ur Views Only Bcoz As I Think This Movie Is Difrnt Frm Entrtnmnt Kind Of Thing,

N Secondly I Discus With My Father Many Things ,he Never Used To Listen To Me And I Also Never Use To Listen To Him But After That We Both Droped Our Egos And We Opened Up ,realy I Mean It,
Now He Discus With Me Everything Even Premarital Sex Can U Believe It ,no ,nobody Believes But Its True N Even He Is Always Trying Ot Convince Me That "iss Desh Ka Kuch Nahi Ho Sakta"

N I Always Fite Back With My Views N The Thing Goes On N On ........ (like Amaron Battery )

Now When There Are People There R Views ,when There R Views There R Conflicts
Its The Law Of Nature

Now Sir Have You Seen Satyakam Movie And As U Have Seen Sholay 150 Times

Which 1 Is Better

Definately From Entertainment View Its Sholay

But When U Go Deep U Will Find Satyakam Gives A Message Which Inspires A Lot

For Me Media Is Not Entertainment ,it Is Way For Awakening Poeple

And I M Not Looking From A Pessimist Point ,i Know Things Are Becoming Good

But These Are Not As Good As They Should Be

Rest I Wil Rite In Next Thread As I Have An Exam At 12 Clock

I Wil Rply All Ur Qts
Hi avinash
first of all best of luck for your exam..
now to the post proper I am really more then happy to find out the relation ur are sharing with your dad by virtue of shedding your ego.Avinash u have learnt this mul mantra of life very early in your life and u will rise very high because of this.Many of us here are still living with our egos which interns is the reason for downfall.
This mature approach towards life will take u to your goal much early.
regarding the movie proper we have different aim towards them.I take them as mode of entertainment nothing more nothing less.For the purpose of awakening u have to cut the commercial point from it.nevertheless let me wait till i see the movie.
cheers...

sanjubalyan
February 1st, 2006, 11:53 AM
hello all jat's
I saw rang de basanti yesterday night .....
I Think this is not a very good movie .........
This is only time paas movie . may be i m wrong ...

Sandeep Balyan

jagmohan
February 1st, 2006, 12:12 PM
Dear Avinash,

Good to see your comments and I can understand your point of view. My earlier reply was to only stress the point of my right to express my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

Amir Khan ke mere Mama ka choora se. You are more dear to me than these actors. If you succeed in your endeavors no one would be happier than your own people, which includes me too.

I like all movies of Dharmender. All of them. In fact I like him so much that I refused to meet him. I was invited by Sunny Deol to visit his house and meet my childhood hero in 1999, one to one. I refused because I don't want to see Dharmendra as an old man and want to retain the same youthful image of his persona in my system.

Satyekam should have got an Oscar.

Keep working harder.

Regards,

JS Malik

anubhavdhankhar
February 1st, 2006, 12:37 PM
Rang de basanti is an inspiring movie.. it shows how insignificant one's life is when put in comparison to the nation....i am definitely inpired and have decided to handle the management of my college, which is digesting all the money which students pay for facilities fund...... jat bhaiyon.. wish me luck....

captmanjeet
February 1st, 2006, 12:46 PM
Quote"Amir Khan ke mere Mama ka choora se. You are more dear to me than these actors. If you succeed in your endeavors no one would be happier than your own people, which includes me too"unquote
ha ha ha well sir said..

cooljat
February 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
anubhav bhai
ram ram
good to c u after a log perid ;)
btw, hamari good wishes r always with u bhai.
anyways, rohtak aaya to milta hoon :)

all the very best!

btw I also liked this movie very much n Inspired too :)

rock on
Jit

Rang de basanti is an inspiring movie.. it shows how insignificant one's life is when put in comparison to the nation....i am definitely inpired and have decided to handle the management of my college, which is digesting all the money which students pay for facilities fund...... jat bhaiyon.. wish me luck....

rajeshrathee
February 1st, 2006, 10:47 PM
hi all bro

well i think there are two ways of watching a movie. One considering it for enjoyment and secondly to dissect the movie. I always uses the first method and for about 75% the movie is entertaining.

Comparing the last 25% i go with Malik uncle but we all have different perceptions depending on our experiances of life and our thinking.

so just be cool and enjoy

downtoearth
February 1st, 2006, 11:43 PM
guys ,film is average ... i found it boring after interval n i cant say about climax..just imagine...i had a lot of expectations as i was attracted by the name of the movie n i was waiting for a long time . ....film is in limelight jus b`coz of amir n rakesh mehra...but far better than his AKS ...
young guns,, if u get inspired by movies n u feel dat u can make a differnce ,, i`ll suggest u sm other quality movies...hehe

dahiyarules
February 6th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Still havent seen the movie. Waiting for the bootleg version to show up either on the net or DVD.

raj2rif
February 6th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Dear All,
It is a very interesting discussion that is going on this thread and it has prompted to take part in it.
Firstly: Col Malik's passion about Dharmendra reminded me of one of my friend Badan Singh, for whom the sole criteria for a movie being good or bad was the presence or absence of Dharmendra. Nice to know, that Badan Singh was not the only one. Actually, he broke some of my equipment, when I told him that Dilip Kumar was a better actor than Dharmendra.

Now the movie "Rang De Basanti". We saw this movie with our son who had graduated from the NYU Film School last year. He found the movie to be just OK and could have been made a little better. That is totally technical assessment of the movie.

The story: It is a good story. It may be an eye opener to our young people who know more about Amitabh Bachhan, Shahrukh Khan and Malika Sehrawat than Ram Prasad Bismil, Azad, Rajguru and Sukhdev. Since many movies have been made on the life of Bhagat Singh, I guess that most of the people know a little more about him as compared to others. So, to that extent it is a good story.

The first part of the movie has been pretty light comedy and keeps the interest alive. The second part is pretty good too, as it tells the youth to do some thing rather than taking the things as they come their way.

I think overall the movie makes a good time pass.

If this movie has been able to generate interest among the youth to do some thing for the nation, even if it is temporarily, I feel it is a good attempt.

Traditionally all the anti establishment movies have generated much interest of the people. The anger beneth their feelings and frustration comes out and people do identify themselves with the characters in the movie who are doing the same thing that these individuals wanted to do, but could not do due to either lack of courage or commitment to the cause. This strikes the cord and makes it appealing. I found "Apaharan" and "Gangajal" as good as this one.

The corruption in the armed forces has been for a long time like any other organization. Be it the purchase of spurious parts for Air Crafts or Vehicles or the poor quality of rations supplied under the nose of very senior officers. It is a disease that is killing us slowly and steadily. While there are develpments and a flourishing economy, I feel the real India (which is in villages) still struggling to get onto her feet.

Not digressing from the subject, to me it is a pretty good movie both from entertainment as well sending a message point of view.

baliyan83
February 7th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Thank You Sir,

I Also Regret That I Was Not Able To Put Such A Meaningful Mesaage As Posted By You

Ur Message Truly Describes My Feelings
Thanks A Lot Sir

For Such Clear Words

dalal_ravi
February 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM

uncle ji, i m partially agree with u, nothing can be more shameless comparing those boys with likes of bhakat singh, sukhdev, rajguru.
those were the freedom fighters have clear vision , patriotism was the reason why they laid there life and killed those english men.

Now when u compare it to amir and gang, what trigger them to take the life of many people was the death of their friend, it was an act of personnel revenge and nothing to do with country.

entertainment wise the movie and songs was ok.( personnel taste).

but there is nothing to learn from it, but infact it spread the wrong message of voilance. and infact a insult to our legendary freedom fighter.

i will not be surprised if in a movie i will see "some coward being compared with mahatma gandhi , for both being beaten and not protesting.

infact i wanted to write on this issue, the vary first day when i saw the movie.

raj2rif
February 7th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Dear All,
We all have our own understanding and views on various subjects which is very good.
I think those who feel that it is a disgrace to compare these young boys with the legendary freedom fighters are forgetting one thing, that in our childhood we all had our ideals and wanted to work like them. In this movie it is the transformation of the youth totally engrossed in the happy life and Western Culture ( I guess this must be the norm in the Universities these days) to some one more responsible, just because accidentally they were made to learn about the legendary freedom fighters.
Further, if some says that they did it because of personal revenge as a result of their friend's death, that is probably an understatement. Actually they got furiated by the statements given by the Defense Minister branding their friend an irresponsible pilot, rather than accepting the fact that the equipment probably was the bad one. This pilot sacrificed his own life while trying to save many lives. Since they knew the feelings of their friend more than any one else, they got furiated while this young Pilot was branded as a irresponsible pilot.
We all have our strong likes and dislikes and some times we do tend to ignore a core issue.
Every one of us, has some weaknesses, but that does not mean that we can't do good things. I remember one soldier in our unit got STD while he was a rifleman (about 3 years service) We could have written him off for this act. However we did try to correct him. He later on became one of the best Officer's Mess Havildars, got an Instructor's grading on two courses and finally won a VrC postumously. As against this we had a Naik, who got Shaurya Chakra and later on was sent home for the act of having unnatural sex wiht a 10 year civilian boy. So let us not forget, that any one can rise to the occassion by one act in his/her life. That is what has been tried to be projected in this movie. We all know how Valmiki got transformed. It is just a question of calling a glass "Half empty or Half filled". If we eternally try to find fault in any thing, we can always do that for nothing seems to be perfect.

downtoearth
February 7th, 2006, 06:44 PM
That is what has been tried to be projected in this movie. We all know how Valmiki got transformed. It is just a question of calling a glass "Half empty or Half filled". If we eternally try to find fault in any thing, we can always do that for nothing seems to be perfect.[/quote]well said

dalal_ravi
February 8th, 2006, 09:52 AM
hello everybody,
col sir, you correctly pointed out that the boys got transformed after the statement of minister. but transformed into what " legends " , " freedom fighters " , " patriotic " , not any one of them but " criminals " . In a free india, killing anybody without having the authority to do so is an act of criminal offense.

It's clearly provoking the feeling of voilence, unfaith in our judiciary , our political system.

I agree that, our country have many corrupt people , but it does not mean that youth started to kill all of them. If everybody have guns- then it will not take long to turn india into taliban like nation.

What was shown in movie was not an act of bravery but unlawful activity. Don't say that in india nobody wins cases in court in favour of justice.

Regarding the movie I don't have any complains , infact the first half was really good. What really pushed me write was the comaprison of legends with criminals. ( some people even say that bhagat and all other were also criminal from the view point of english, but just compare the conditions)

mukeshkumar007
February 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I agree that, our country have many corrupt people , but it does not mean that youth started to kill all of them. If everybody have guns- then it will not take long to turn india into taliban like nation.

bhai I don't think that this moive gave any wrong message to youth..what they did with defense minister was their quick reaction(which is understandable) but later they themselves siad in radio message that " killing politicians is not best solution.. we need to join army, civil services, police and politics to root out every porblem of our country " ....... and I think that was the leading message which the director wanted to convey...

rameshlakra
February 8th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Dear all,
The very fact that the movie has generated such diverse and strong reactions speaks volume of it. The blending between past and present was immaculate to the point that the contradictory personalities have been matched perfectly.
It was a serious issue asking for introspection and more so towards the end asking us “what would u do if such a situation fall at u?” well……….. there are numerous possibility but they were hijacked by the very character they were playing …..killing seemed right to them . It was a desperate situation and for them that was the only way they knew, You can question the method but you can not question the intentions. Personally it inspired me to be the part of the system rather then blaming it.

Overall I would rate it very high especially amongst the kind of movies being dished out in this age.
Regards

anujkadyan
February 8th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I think movie had a very strong message that each one of us has the ability to make a difference in the way things are around us.

We should not sit and wait for someone else to come and improve the things, why cant be ourselves take responsibility and try to make a difference.

I really enjoyed the movie and so did lot of others I had a chance to talk to :)

jitender_singh
February 8th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Hi,

I think in term of strong message , YUVA was much betterthan this..

Cheers
Jitender

positivelook
February 9th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Dear Members

I have seen the movie last night and entertainmentwise its ok but as mukesh has said Thought provoking i dont think so. Movie is based on a ordinary plot in which few people try to change the system but the we cant change the system by gun and bullet. We need a wave in youth to change the system aur woh Aandolan se aatee hai gun aur bullet se nahin. I overall say that its just like a movie like other movies.
Rahi baat Mig kee khareed kee toh itna sabko pata hai kee apna desh kaise chal raha hai.
I beleive gun and bullet can be used to take revenge when all authorities fail to help u but u cant change the system like this.
Abhimanyu Phougat

sjakhars
February 13th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Hi all,
sorry for the late response but I did not want to comment without seeing the movie.
Today itself I watched the movie(internet) and I think movie is just great. I was inspired by the message the movie is spreading. Its absolutely right that the system can not be changed by the gun but do you think it can be changed by any other way round? The only way to cahnge the system is to change self as said by Jit. This movie says that how insignificant one's life is, if he does not do something extraordinary. Many things has been said about the comparision of the freedom fighters and the so called Aamir gang but see the circumstances, before the british were there and now the corrupt politicians, bureucrats and even judges. This time we have to be more cautious because we are fighting with our own people but the purpose is the same, to free the country it may be foreign people or may be our own corrupt leaders.This is what the movie is saying.
Lets talk about the movie only, There was a peaceful march going on and the police started lathicharge (and it happens in real life too) than what option was remaining there for Amir and gang to tell the truth to the public and as said by Mr.ramesh Lakra they were influenced by the charactor they were playing. This is the point movie makes a difference. we need to have same spirit to free the nation from the corrupt system. The movie touches almost all the feelings of a common man. Killing somebody is not the solution but we need to awake the people to take charge and in the movie they did it by killing the deffence minister.The Mig misery is the talk of the town nowadays and is used as a current topic which can make people think. Its only an example.

Now come to the political system, judiciary and the bureucracy. Can anybody expect the justice from any of them? Everybody knows about the system and I do not want to say more than that.

No offence is intended and I wrote what I feel.
Regards.

mukeshkumar007
February 16th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Dear all,
I got a email from mine one friend, I would like to share it with all of you,, hope u will find it quite interesting :-

Why the name : Rang De Basanti

Actually, I asked the same question to Aamir when he met me on airport lounge one day. What he told was pretty interesting..

In there crew was a person called Gnar (Russian Artist). He was a giant of 8'2" in height and 130 kilos of weight. He was in the role of villain in the movie.

The producer of the movie was asked by some pundit to name his film after 11 days of shooting is completed. On 11th day of shoot, all crew had a heated discussion and argument on what should be the name of the movie. They decide to put chits and all stuff, but nobody agreed to one name. At that time Gnar was not feeling well and he was sleeping in his camp tomb (It was an outdoor shoot on the mountains). The pundit was on sets and he suggested that the crew will visit Gnar and whatever will be first word(s) every person will speak after entering his camp - will be the name of movie. If more than one choice then the the word(s) mostly spoken will be selected. And that will be the last chance of titling the movie.

Scene -2. All of the crew people walking towards GNAR's tent and opens the veil and ... All of them were surprised... Gnar twirling and trying to sleep on a 4 feet long bed. Everyone was shocked and in unison they shouted -

"ITNA SA BED GNAR"

..... silence...long silence.... It was said.. and by all.. They had to keep this name of the movie..

But the producer and Director were very upset over the kind of name finalized. They lost all enthusiasm and even thought of dumping the project...Then came the advice from the great GNAR... The advice which was accepted by the producer with most happiness... He Said, "Why don't you reverse the title text....

is not it interesting ?

sansanwalamit
February 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM
Finally, I got to see this movie today. Honestly, I was not willing to see it and was going for Woody Allen's Match Point (I love all of his movies). Thanks to some of my friends' coaxing I got to see this very well made movie. The movie was very well made, and it did provoke two thoughts.
Firstly, finding all the voters of India and their families including myself in tragic helpless position (thanks to all the melodrama and weeping ladies all around, I thought so).
Secondly or more importantly I thought of Tianmen Square. The movie reminded me of that incident in China, where the Chinese youth stood against their government in 1989 and challanged them. And we all know that the fate they meet was worst than what this guys meet, and tragically Tianmen happened for real.(For a moment I thought can Tianmen ever happen in India?)
This movie really poked upon my libertarian set of mind, and I felt that in a country such as India government is indeed the worst evil. But thanks to the brilliant writing of the movie, I found my answer within the movie. There was a quote somewhere closer to the end that "no country is perfect on its own, its the citizens who make it perfect" and this is what I think is the punchline of the movie. So, I suppose the problem starts from the citizens and then the politicians make it a vicious circle. And sadly, I do cannot think of any solution to this except maxims such as "increase education and empower masses".
Altogether I enjoyed the movie and felt glad to see such a nice product coming out of bollywood, which I think generates mostly rubbish.

downtoearth
February 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM
Finally, I got to see this movie today. Honestly, I was not willing to see it and was going for Woody Allen's Match Point (I love all of his movies). Thanks to some of my friends' coaxing I got to see this very well made movie. The movie was very well made, and it did provoke two thoughts.
Firstly, finding all the voters of India and their families including myself in tragic helpless position (thanks to all the melodrama and weeping ladies all around, I thought so).
Secondly or more importantly I thought of Tianmen Square. The movie reminded me of that incident in China, where the Chinese youth stood against their government in 1989 and challanged them. And we all know that the fate they meet was worst than what this guys meet, and tragically Tianmen happened for real.(For a moment I thought can Tianmen ever happen in India?)
This movie really poked upon my libertarian set of mind, and I felt that in a country such as India government is indeed the worst evil. But thanks to the brilliant writing of the movie, I found my answer within the movie. There was a quote somewhere closer to the end that "no country is perfect on its own, its the citizens who make it perfect" and this is what I think is the punchline of the movie. So, I suppose the problem starts from the citizens and then the politicians make it a vicious circle. And sadly, I do cannot think of any solution to this except maxims such as "increase education and empower masses".
Altogether I enjoyed the movie and felt glad to see such a nice product coming out of bollywood, which I think generates mostly rubbish.

downtoearth
February 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks to some of my friends' coaxing I got to see this very well made movie. The movie was very well made, and it did provoke two thoughts.
I found my answer within the movie. There was a quote somewhere closer to the end that "no country is perfect on its own, its the citizens who make it perfect" and this is what I think is the punchline of the movie.

....................................thanx to mr. rakesh mehra for making a provoking film for jatlanders... hehe.........

amit bro,, if im not wrong ,i think every film gives a message to audience.... i would like to start from the very first movie ...RAJA HARISH CHANDRA ,made by dada sahab falke.... dude this film was the milestone for indian cinema.....its a story of a king who sacrifices his raaj -paath, family and wealth for truth and integrity ........
After that movie,, a lot of films were made by bimol roy mehboob ,, raj kapoor n satya jit ray.....all films like do beegha zameen, mother india,, awara,, shree 420,, boot polish,, aah,, aag,, deedar,,were made with a strong social message.....but now time has changed,, young guns dont like to see theses movies b`coz amir khan is not there.....

dude,, im happy but a bit surprised with ur qoute :"" i found my answer within the movie""........ have u really got the answer ? i would like to know ,, wots ur next step after gettin ur answer ?

rang de basanti qoute >>> no country is perfect on its own, its the citizens who make it perfect"

SWADESH quote >>> INDIA is not a great country ,, but we have the ability to make INDIA great....

if we r talkin abt a provoking message,,, I think,,Swadesh is more provoking ...,,,
Amit ,, did u get any message from film swadesh ?? did u plan to come back to india,,, did u plan to go n work for people in remote areas ,,... come on and discover a new india... i`ll appreciate u

aur bhai jis jatlander ney r.d.b dekhen ke badd kuch karya hoo too uska swagat ha... AAREY PAGE BHARAAN KA KOI FAAYDA NAA SEY

lucky
February 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
MIND BLOWING MOVIE:D:cool:

LOVED IT ADORE IT:eek:

keshavdahiya
February 26th, 2006, 04:36 AM
aur bhai jis jatlander ney r.d.b dekhen ke badd kuch karya hoo too uska swagat ha... AAREY PAGE BHARAAN KA KOI FAAYDA NAA SEY

well well ......pehlyan haans lyun....:p:o
ghanne din ho liye the ya post padhtte lekin rang de..... na dekhi thi jibbe chup tha....;)
iib dekh ke hatya sun, err bera paat gya.....hahahahahah was really thot provoking movie, mere to saare thots jaag ge....arr mein to iibe raat ne hi likdunga kisse ki saoud bharke aaunga.......hahahaha.....killkki pe killkki......:D:D:D
mar ge reh....bachao......jatlanders tham bhi kimme kar dikhao........
shukar hai free mein DOWNLOAD kar ke dekhi ya film. Ibbe BHARAT varsh mein hota to PVR ya DT mein pisse phuk ke aaun har........ghanna ji dukh pawe har.....
no comments further...

eehh sorry ROOBAROO gana ND se bas....300 be sun liya

actually my idea was to continue this thread and look for more enlightened fellows............:(
aan dyo........:D:D:D

smalik
March 5th, 2006, 10:02 AM
well well ......pehlyan haans lyun....:p:o
ghanne din ho liye the ya post padhtte lekin rang de..... na dekhi thi jibbe chup tha....;)
iib dekh ke hatya sun, err bera paat gya.....hahahahahah was really thot provoking movie, mere to saare thots jaag ge....arr mein to iibe raat ne hi likdunga kisse ki saoud bharke aaunga.......hahahaha.....killkki pe killkki......:D:D:D
mar ge reh....bachao......jatlanders tham bhi kimme kar dikhao........
shukar hai free mein DOWNLOAD kar ke dekhi ya film. Ibbe BHARAT varsh mein hota to PVR ya DT mein pisse phuk ke aaun har........ghanna ji dukh pawe har.....
no comments further...

eehh sorry ROOBAROO gana ND se bas....300 be sun liya

actually my idea was to continue this thread and look for more enlightened fellows............:(
aan dyo........:D:D:D
Dear Keshav,
Pl advise how to download the movies from Net!!
Thanks

dahiyarules
March 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM
The movie was really pathetic. Take my word. Avoid watching the movie and save your buck. You had rather go tap dancing for three hours.

I was discussing the emerging Bollywood trend of having blonde babes in leading roles. The British character was the most out of place piece of the entire maze. The director could have done a better job by letting one of our own regional beauties take the leading role, and hence ridding us of three hours of “torturous broken-up Hindi.”

I lost my emotions in the beginning itself, when I saw a key historic figure reading “murderer” Vladimir Lenin. Why don’t the people realize communism was a bad nightmare of the past, and it is time to move on? All “revolutionary Bolshevik” leaders were good at nothing but appealing to the masses of “have-nots” to rob kill and pillage the “haves.” They were no heroes. They led so many countries back to the dark ages behind a steel curtain; something those countries are still having a tough time to emerge out of, more than 15 years after the fall of the Berlin war.

The only sensitive issue that the director touched upon was corruption in the government. I am repeatedly said that corruption will be there as long as government will be there, because government takes the top spot in the social hierarchy and there is no one above the government to supervise its actions and aspirations. Anything less than a “government” won’t be worse than “the government.”

In this case, it was the corruption in the procurement of “defense-related” requirements among the government. As we all know, such deals are made behind closed doors, funded by our tax money, but without our knowledge. We really cannot have any idea about how the government spends our money, whether it is for defense or for social welfare programs. Such spending is more of a discretionary spending, over which we have no say or control. I really do not see any way out of corruption, as long as deals are made behind closed doors. And, as you know government has ample arguments to support their decision to keep the details of such deals secret.

The only point that the director made that I agree with, that nearly everyone on this forum missed was that government is ruthless. You do not mess with government. Only government has the rights to possess firearms and maintain a standing militia that operates at the government’s discretion. These so called “men in uniform” who supposedly protect our borders, take orders from none other than the government. Would you be surprised if they will train their arms on you if the government ordered them to do so? That is exactly what happened in the film. In the first instance the deceased pilot’s mother got the crap beaten out of her by the police, a force that is supposed to protect us and to serve us. In the second instance, armed “government militia” declared an all out war on a bunch of kids who dared to raise their voice against the government. Government is truly in the business of “controlling” the masses and running the “country.” They will go to any extent to achieve their ends.

Government is evil. I have always believed so. The film reinforced my faith in anarchy. Even though it was a waste of time for me, I hope that those who enjoyed it got to the same conclusion as me. We do not trust our next door neighbors with our belonging of value. . Where is the logic when we trust the government with our lives?

vikaskundu
March 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM
hi kashev can u plz provide with the link to dwnld such movies..

gaganjat
March 14th, 2006, 02:45 AM
'Rang de basanti ka chola' was better name for the movie but they missed it. It would have given more business to the movie:D

keshavdahiya
March 14th, 2006, 03:40 AM
hi kashev can u plz provide with the link to dwnld such movies..

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: bhai re KUNDU SAAB pehlyna te mere naam ka spell chek kar pher sochunga ki bataun ke na bataun jibb tain killkki maar........hahahhahahaahahahha killkkki
ji sa to nyu karre se ki tere naam ne bhi nichood ke chaat pe ger aaun er pher ek mahine paache jib woh musssss le pher taar ke khuntti pe taang dyun..........hahahhahahahahhahha :D:p GAGU™

jokes apart if you wanna download movies and stuff just CLICK HERE (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) down load Azureus and update java/download JAVA JRE 1.5 if you dont have......
then go to any torrent site and search for what you are looking for......
and still if you have some problems mailme.....:)