PDA

View Full Version : -- Socrates

rana1979
February 1st, 2006, 10:51 PM
Whom Do I Call Educated ?

First those who control circumstances instead of being mastered by them.

Those who meet all occasions manfully and act in accordance with intelligent thinking.

Those who are honorable in all dealings, who treat good-naturedly persons and things that are disagreeable.

And furthermore, those who hold their pleasure under control and are not overcome or spoiled by success.

-- Socrates

antara
February 2nd, 2006, 08:14 AM
Well Said eh!

rana79
February 2nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
Thankx!!!for sharing !!!

naresh.mehta
February 2nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
If pondered upon... these statements mean a lot .. deep and intriguing!

Socrates (469 - 399 BC) was a great scholar. He devoted himself to free-wheeling discussion with the aristocratic young citizens of Athens, insistently questioning their unwarranted confidence in the truth of popular opinions.
Although the amnesty of 405 forestalled direct prosecution for his political activities, an Athenian jury found other charges—corrupting the youth and interfering with the religion of the city—upon which to convict him, and they sentenced him to death in 399 B.C. Accepting this outcome with remarkable grace, Socrates drank hemlock and died in the company of his friends and disciples.

Also Socrates had a great sense of humour which is not known to many around.. he famously stated..

"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. "

cooljat
February 2nd, 2006, 12:22 PM
bhai mere....yeh to bahut jordaar baat kahi is schloar ne,
but yaar what about ppl who r single n philospher, like me ;)
hahah, nice stuff

rock on
Jit

"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. "

jagmohan
February 2nd, 2006, 12:57 PM
bhai mere....what about ppl who r single n philospher, like me rock on Jit

Cool JAT, they are called RANDAY.... Haven't you given application for permanent membership like Mukesh Kumar??????

Keep Rocking...

cooljat
February 2nd, 2006, 01:06 PM
naa uncleji abhi tak to nahin dee hai, par dene ki soch reha hoon
kyonki 99.99% chances hein ki I remain forever single but u can't predicte ur destiny's wild dance so .001 chance r there! ;) :rolleyes:

waise abhi enquiry karta hoon Randay club membership ki :D

rock on
Jit

Cool JAT, they are called RANDAY.... Haven't you given application for permanent membership like Mukesh Kumar??????

Keep Rocking...