PDA

View Full Version : Should Sachin quit?

gsvijay1
February 2nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
I read lot on Sachin after India lost last test match to Pakistan. Everybody is saying that sachin is getting older n slower and he should quit now.

Should he quit now?

http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/02ten.htm

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/1397464.cms

http://cricket.expressindia.com/fulleistory.php?content_id=62321

captmann
February 2nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
I Think He Should Be Given A Chance Till World Cup---2007

arunshamli
February 2nd, 2006, 11:57 PM
I think he should be rested for some time and have him practice in domestic cricket. If he improves, bring him back.

No one can quesiton his past, he had been one of the best player in the world. but that was history....and if he continue to bat like his current form is, Ricky Pontig will break many of his records in next 2 years.

If we really are building the team for the next world cup, We can remove Lakshman and Sachin and try Kaif and Suresh Raina.

fool4love
February 3rd, 2006, 12:08 AM
Sachin is a true sports man.. bhai log! The day he feel.. that he's not good enough or he's not doing any good to the team.. he'll quit himself!!
He passed the offer to become Indian skipper.. coz he felt that his game was affected due to the pressure thing!
I think, he's the kind of guy...whoz not after money or fame.. in short.. hes a true sportsperson!

gaganjat
February 3rd, 2006, 02:15 AM
Sure ! why not .

raj2rif
February 3rd, 2006, 05:26 AM
Dear All,
I think he is still very good at what he does and is a very useful cricketer. I did not see the matches live, but did follow them on internet as and when I got time.
I personally feel, that Dravid could have tried some thing which he did not. When things are not going right, then you have to come up with some thing unexpected and unusual. I think he could have used Yuvraj and Sehwag more for bowling options when things were not working out well with other bowlers. One odd change here and there does make a lot of difference in the batsman's concentration. I have failed to understand, that from 39/6 situation, how did they allow them to go to 245 in first place. And having seen Kamran Akmal scoring that brilliant century, why did they not apply themselves to occupy the crease for a while before going for their strokes. Having bowled a side by tea time, you gain an unprecendented advantage. Agree, their fast bowlers bowled a good line and length, but then it is only a matter of time a fast bowler can continue to bowl at that strength. I feel, the batsman let down the team in both the innings and our bowlers did not do a good job in second innings. A whole lot of soul searching is needed to be done. I feel sorry for Wasim Zafar and Gambhir not getting a chance to show their mettle in this run feast.
Pathan does need to concentrate on his bowling a bit more. His batting improvement should not be at the expense of his bowling.
I think even Sachin was not used as a bowler as much as he could have been under the typical circumstances that came across.

mukeshkumar007
February 3rd, 2006, 03:36 PM
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/02slide1.htm

Team India's Test report card of every player...

anupam
February 3rd, 2006, 04:32 PM
Dear Friends,

I feel we must analyse the situation before raising any such question...

Sachin’s Qualities: His attitude, commitment, vigour, technique, class, reflexes, fitness and above all hard work… I suppose, he has not lost any of these qualities, which has raised him up to this level in the field of cricket. One more thing I want to mention that he not only has the potential to do with bat but he has the potential to do with ball as well and he is one of the best fielders available in Indian Squad. This may please be noted that there are not too many fielders in India who can field at boundary line and having capacity of throwing the ball accurately from such a long distance.

Regarding Criticism: It’s very easy to criticise anybody… Everybody who follows the game of cricket is aware about the fact that the opposition always prepare strategy against good players and Sachin is among them. The criticisers must know the fact that Sachin has come back in the field after a period of about 6 months after a major surgery. Accordingly, he had to change his bat (these days he’s switched to lighter bat) and lot adjustments in his shorts. Even after this, his come back against Sri Lanka was magnificent. Let us think in a rational way that he’s a man not machine, he can’t deliver century in every match. His record speaks that he’s scored a century in 1/10 innings and a fifty in 2/10 innings… this way he’s delivered 3 respectable scores every 10 matches.

Further, Sachin’s presence is a boost to the team and psychological pressure to the opposition as he’s most experienced fellow and gives his valuable advise at critical times. This we’ve seen in the recent triangular series against Sri Lanka and South Africa.

I feel that lot of cricket is still left in him and he has lot to contribute. I’m in complete agreement to the fact that nobody in this world is indispensable and he’s to retire one day, but at the right time. At present, the major concern and worry is that we don’t have his replacement right now. I feel that he should be the part of Indian Team till the World Cup’ 2007 and then only he should think of retirement from one form of cricket and that too from “One-Day” only because one-day cricket demand too much physically and the factors like aging, injuries, etc. hamper the performance.

I do agree with the comments posted by Kamal Dalal.

Regards,

Anupam

sunil_deswal
February 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
I think our bowling department needs a change. We had pakistan in trouble on 39/6 on a bowler friendly pitch. But our bowling let us down there after . Same happened in second pakistan innnings . All pakistani wickets fell because of wrong shot played by their batsmen , not because of any brilliant indian bowling.

Indian bowlers were too slow to cause any problem to pakistani batsmen. We need fast bowlers who can hit the deck hard and make the ball to seam. Seam balling is much harder to play then swing balling.

Right now prblem lies with our bowling . So i dont think sachin quiting the job would be of much help.

itsnavin
February 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
It's too early to enforce this decision on him. He knows he's being criticized. For improvement he should be given some more chances. Try to see how many years of cricket(2-3 yrs) Ganguly played(actually didn't play...;-)) before critics's axe fell on him. Sachin should atleast be given the same amount of time to prove himself.

Anyway, performance till the World Cup 07 will be a litmus test for him. Good luck to him.

ravindra.singh
February 10th, 2006, 07:41 PM
we cannot think of quitting of sachin from the team now....we can say that he is not playing as good as he is expected to....but still he is diffrent and till he is at creaze.....bowlers remain stressed.........