PDA

View Full Version : mig crashes,,,du agree ?

downtoearth
February 4th, 2006, 02:21 AM
jatlanders,, this thread is based on the discussion of the thread "rang de basanti"........:)
A study by two Indian Air Force officers,,, Group Captain Harish Malik and Wing Commander Umesh Kumar,,, has revealed that more than half the accidents involving IAF jets are caused by
human error.... Poor skills,,, lack of situational awareness and incorrect decision-making are referred to in the report... The senior air force officers also showcased the poor quality of spare parts and lack of skill in the pilots flying the machines.....

Air Marshal Randhir Singh (Retd) in 1970,,,, during the inquiry into a crash involving a MiG-21 had found the history of the pilot as well as the aircraft both defective....

The spate of Jaguar crashes had for a change diverted attention from the problems associated with the MiG-21 and raised serious questions about the training of IAF pilots.:confused:

an analysis of fatal IAF air accidents has revealed that 68 per cent of accidents are caused by human error while roughly 23 per cent are caused by technical defects..............
:rolleyes: wot du say ??

cooljat
February 6th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Bhai Rupi,
I do agree with u.
These migs r now become obsolete thus not trustworthy.
U can get an idea from scrutiny of the accidents recently happened, almost all of them r Flying Coffin MIGS...even I still feel low when I remind of a senior of my School, late Abhimanu Singh....who was also a victim of those flying coffins :(

Well, I do believe....Fighter pilots r priceless n only few brilliant soldiers get thro....so we cant doubt on their performance at all!

SO in my opinion....only Migs r culprit!

thats all I believe!

rock on
Jit