PDA

View Full Version : Be A Lake...

pragati
February 4th, 2006, 01:39 PM
The wise Chinese Master instructed the troubled young disciple to put a handful of salt in a glass of water and then to drink it.

And then the wise Master inquired, "How does it taste, my pupil?"

"Awful," spat the apprentice.

The Master chuckled and then asked the young man to take another handful of salt and put it in the lake. The two walked in silence to the nearby lake and when the apprentice swirled his handful of salt into the lake, the old man said, "Now drink from the lake."

As the water dripped down the young man's chin, the Master asked, "How does it taste?"

"Good!" remarked the apprentice.

"Do you taste the salt?" asked the Master.

"No," said the young man.

The Master sat beside this troubled young man, took his hands, and said,

"The pain of life is like a fistful of salt. The saltiness is same but container you put it into is different. So my child when you are in pain, Enlarge the vision of the world to make it vast and deep to absorb the pain just like a lake.

downtoearth
February 4th, 2006, 02:04 PM
oo good stuff........

vijay
February 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Hi Pragati,

I totally agree the wise chinese.
The essence of life is in having a broader point of views to find solutions of our troubles.
Always try to think positive about negative happenings and you will be happy forever.

Well, appreciable post.

devdahiya
February 4th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Again a question of basic common sense. We all know it but don't apply it as we are too confused about the whole concept. Good thread again from Pragati Ma'm. Keep it up!

pragati
February 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
you are right Vijay ji,if we take negative happenings positively, then life become very easy...but as dev Sir wrote...we know it but don't apply...

Dev Sir,kahte hai na ki jo bhi hota hai achhe ke liye hi hota hai,agar hum is nazariye se soche to bhi life ke up & downs ko easily face kar sakte hai...

vijay
February 4th, 2006, 05:30 PM
you are right Vijay ji,if we take negative happenings positively, then life become very easy...but as dev Sir wrote...we know it but don't apply...

Dev Sir,kahte hai na ki jo bhi hota hai achhe ke liye hi hota hai,agar hum is nazariye se soche to bhi life ke up & downs ko easily face kar sakte hai...

Pragati,

You are calling me again Vijay Ji.

Please don't.

I am Vijay.