PDA

View Full Version : All that you didn't know about Big B

me_rathee
February 9th, 2006, 04:21 PM
DID YOU KNOW ALL THESE FACTS ABOUT BIG B

Amitabh's home

Mr Bachchan loves comfort and style. He doesn't compromise on the same. The flooring at his home is Italian marble, the bath fittings are from France and Germany. It is said his bungalows -- Pratiksha (bottom) and Jalsa -- put together, would be worth a whooping Rs 160 crore.

Interestingly, Jalsa was gifted to the actor.

Amitabh's clothes

Amitabh is very fond of suits. His favourite is Gabbana. They have been designing his suits for the past 30 years. The fabric is especially imported from Italy, the thread from France and buttons from England.

His other favourite brand is Fratelli Rosetti, with prices starting from Rs 35,000.

Amitabh's cars

The Big B owns 11 cars, including one Lexus, two BMWs and three Mercedes. His favourite is the Lexus. The car is bulletproof, and has radial tyres that are normally used for Formula 1 races. The cost of each tyre is Rs 2.5 lakh.

The car also has a global positioning system -- which enables him to know, at the snap of his fingers, the closest food outlet or shopping mall he would like to visit.

Amitabh's eating habits

Though AB loves eating, he is diet conscious. He is a vegetarian, and loves authentic Italian food at Mezzo Mezzo, at Mumbai's JW Marriot.

Amitabh's passion

The Big B has a passion for collecting watches. It is said he never repeats his watches. His favourite brand is Longines, which costs about Rs 2 lakh.

His other interest is collecting pens, which he might have inherited from his father, the late Shri Harivansh Rai Bachchan. The actor has a collection of over thousand pens. Mont Blanc gifts AB a special pen every year on his birthday.

Amitabh's favourite destinations

Bachchan loves to visit London and Switzerland. In London, he prefers to stay at St James Court, five minutes from Buckingham Palace. As they say, the queen and king are never too far away!

He stays at the Presidential Suite. The hotel has especially designed a gym in his suite, and a lift that takes him to underground parking directly from his suite.

On Brand AB

According to ad pundits, the Big B charges anything between Rs 5 and 12 crores. According to one report, a company paid him Rs 10 crores for 10 days. That works out to Rs 7,000 per minute!

Bruce Willis once commented, at the opening of Planet Hollywood, that Amitabh Bachchan was 'bigger than any Hollywood star.'

downtoearth
February 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM
good stuff... but not agree with the tyre of car. bco`z there is lot of diff .between the radius of the rim n hub of the lexus n the formula 1 cars .........

dndeswal
February 9th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I myself have been a Amitabh fan - a great personality indeed.

When the movie Sholay was ready for shooting, the role of 'Beeru' was given to Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra was to play the role of 'Jay'. But later, these roles were reversed. Reason? The last scene (hand-to-hand fight with Gabbar Singh) was to be filmed in such a way that it has to be the actual fight (or kushti). After reading the script, Amitabh reportedly denied to do such a deadly scene where no duplicate could be involved. And the role of Beeru was given to Dharmendra.

In early 90s, there was an Indian film festival in Moscow - I was posted there in those days. During a party there, where Amitabh Bachchan was also present, Devanand ji asked me which place I belonged to. I told that I belonged to Haryana. Devanand ji said "people of Haryana were mad after Dharmendra's films although my films were superior". I told him, "Sir, there is no doubt your films were far far better and I personally am your fan. But illiterate people of my state were fond of fighting and they like fighting scenes in films too". Dev ji smiled.

Devanand ji is really a great personality.

And Amitabh is also great.

downtoearth
February 9th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I myself have been a Amitabh fan - a great personality indeed.

When the movie Sholay was ready for shooting, the role of 'Beeru' was given to Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra was to play the role of 'Jay'. But later, these roles were reversed. Reason? The last scene (hand-to-hand fight with Gabbar Singh) was to be filmed in such a way that it has to be the actual fight (or kushti). After reading the script, Amitabh reportedly denied to do such a deadly scene where no duplicate could be involved. And the role of Beeru was given to Dharmendra.

In early 90s, there was an Indian film festival in Moscow - I was posted there in those days. During a party there, where Amitabh Bachchan was also present, Devanand ji asked me which place I belonged to. I told that I belonged to Haryana. Devanand ji said "people of Haryana were mad after Dharmendra's films although my films were superior". I told him, "Sir, there is no doubt your films were far far better and I personally am your fan. But illiterate people of my state were fond of fighting and they like fighting scenes in films too". Dev ji smiled.

Devanand ji is really a great personality.

And Amitabh is also great.
.deswal sir aap to ,, jatland ka search engine ho. thanx for the info
...... sir du know dr. daljeet dahiya.. he was also there in moscow in early 90s.. ?

jagmohan
February 9th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Kamaal Hai Bhai.... Itne cheez honee ke baavzood bhi loog baag khush konya!!!

Ke zarooat se bahla 11 - 11 gadiyaon ki? ar pher bhi na bharta.. Ke hoga re iss duniya ka? Soch ke bhi daar laage se....

Bhai, ye baade log hain. Tirupati mein te 10 Karod ke heere chadha deinge par kisi garib ka bhala ho jya us tahin ek rapaiyaa bhi na dein... mere yaar pyau banvata, apne gaam ke kuchh kache ghar pakke karvata te baat bhi maante...

Haan, actor theek se par Dharmendar te badhiya konya...

dndeswal
February 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM
deswal sir aap to ,, jatland ka search engine ho. thanx for the info
...... sir du know dr. daljeet dahiya.. he was also there in moscow in early 90s.. ?__________________

Dear Col. Jagmohan, Yes, no actor better than Dharmendra. But I had to say so in front of Devanand ji.

Aur Rupi Bhai,
I knew Daljeet Dahiya very well - actually I used to look after welfare of Indian students and scholars. Daljeet Dahiya was a scholar sent for a 4-year research project in one of the universities under the Cultural Exchange Programme between India and USSR. But after that, myself being away from India for a long time, I am not in touch with him. Hopefully he is in some university in India.

There was another scholar - Azad Singh Dahiya, then Associate Professor of Agricultural University, Hissar. He was doing research in Moscow State University and was my close friend. I presume he may be now be quite a senior fellow at Hisar Agriculture University. But for years, I have lost contact with many such nice guys. If you happen to see him in Hisar, please give my regards.

While at this site, I feel much relief and homely. Am busy now updating the Haryanavi dictionary and shall complete it in a day or two. I shall post the added material in humor section too, to inform all of you.

downtoearth
February 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
deswal sir ,,, dr daljeet dahiya is my jiju n right noe he is in canada..before goin canada he was in hau

dndeswal
February 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM
When we say Amitabh great, it is because of his skills as a film actor. But Amitabh's political career became controversial and he had to say bye-bye to politics. Being a close friend of Sanjay Gandhi and a class-mate of Rajiv Gandhi, Amitabh plunged in politics and once fought election from Allahabad and won. During Rajiv Gandhi's time, there was a great uproar in Parliament because of a story leaked in The Indian Express which stated that Amitabh's elder brother, Ajitabh, bought a bunglow in Lausanne, Switzerland, using the black money of the film actor. This fact was denied by Amitabh in Paliament. The very next day, The Indian Express printed a photocopy of the registry of the house in Switzerland, on its front page. It is a secret how the paper acquired those documents. The same day, the great actor had to resign from the Lok Sabha seat and never returned to politics thereafter.