PDA

View Full Version : Need a Principal/Director for a rural school in Hisar Dist., Haryana

ramsarya
September 28th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Before I describe the qualifications for the post, let me describe the school itself and that way prosoective person can visualize the qualifications needed. After a review of the pitiful state of education in Govt. school and private schools in my village, my wife Santosh and I decided to open a non-profit school in the village Kalirawan, Hisar. I gathered all the Panchs and Mukhiyas of the village in December 2000 and explained our idea of opening a school where the village children can get decent education at a very reasonable cost. Idea of free education was nixed by well wishers and people close to us because of our present mentality that anything free is worth nothing and is something not to be cared about. Most of the people gathered liked the idea but we could spot some skeptics without them saying so. It was suggested that Panchayat should donate land for the school. Idea was to get the villagers involved in "their" school and not call it Ram Sarup's school. A Non-profit trust was set up in India and here in USA we already had North American Jat Charities, Inc., a non-profit tax-exempt organization started in 1994 by some Jat families for charitable work in India (more about NAJC some place else here). After passing lot of Bureaucratic hurdles in 12-13 months, gift from Panchayat of 5 acres of land for school was held up by the top rung of the Bureaucratic ladder - caste jealousy or skepticism of the idea of a non-profit school? We bought 3 acres of land in 2002 and started construction. This school building is on the road connecting Hisar, Agroha, Adampur, Bahadra (Rajasthan).
We started classes in 2001 with 35 students in KG and 35 in first grade in renovated Nohras and Chaupals. School was so successful the first year itself that all the skeptics converted to believers that this school is really for the benefit of the village as they could easily compare the income and expenses and deduct that it is not for the profit of Arya family. With the demand so overwhelming, next year (2002), we had to increase the admission to 70 students in KG with two sections. Children are admitted only in KG and not higher classes and thus it will take about 12 years to reach upto 12th grade and become a full high school. Now the school is in its third year of existence with about 250 students in KG to 3rd grade. Ratio of Boys/Girls is 60/40. School has become very popular and the people from other villages are requesting permission to admit their kids. We are unable to do that as long as we have enough kids from our village. Our village has 1000+ families with 65% Jats, 15-18% Bishnois and rest others. Seems like we definitely have more than 70 kids each year for school. We might have to open sattelite primary schools in neighboring villages to accommodate their request and then bring students in higher classes to Kalirawan.
Besides classroom teaching of books, students learn Indian culture, customs, history and take part in physical education, yoga, public speaking, gardening etc. School days are about one hour longer than Govt. schools and school year is 30-40 days longer also. Teachers are Graduates and some of them have B.Ed/JBT. We encourage them to take admission in B.Ed with a gurantee of employment on completion. So far we have 7 teachers, one for every 30-35 students and will be adding 2-3 every year. School will be affiliated with CBSE and therefore more or less are following that syllabus.
One floor of the school building has been completed with 12 classrooms and administrative block. It will be a three story building with about 44000 SF of covered area. We have about 25 acres of personal farming land adjacent to school and therefore that will be utilized for palygrounds, teacher's residential quarters and expansion. We plan to start construction next year of teacher's residential compound with a community hall for their use. All classes will be held in this new building from April 2004.
My wife and I will be providing all the money needed for this school. We have committed one million dollars at present, $100,000.(about Rs. 45 lacs) each year for 10 years or as needed. By the end of 2012, enough amount will be deposited in a Trust account to take care of any deficit and capital expenditures needed.
QUALIFICATIONS OF PRINCIPAL/DIRECTOR: Now back to qualifications. Need a dedicated educationist/administrator with a vision not necessarily same as ours but at least not opposite of ours, can set up this school with liabrary, sports dept, music dept, science and computer labs, get affiliated with CBSE, hire qualified and dedicated teachers and other staff, can set an example himself for others to follow and of course do it for free (kidding!).
I will be visiting India in Feb and March, 2004. Final decision will be made then but I would like to communicate with the prospective candidates before that.
Any suggestions, constructive criticism and ideas for improvement of school or addition to school will be valued from anyone after visiting the school or without visiting.
I apologize for a long write up though intention was not. Thanks to every jatland member for expected help, comments and criticsm. Ram S. Arya

rajendersingh
September 28th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Dear Ram S Arya ji namaskar,
first of all kindly accept my heartiest cogratulations for taking up such a noble cause. i think it is the only way we can think of better future for the community. we pray the almighty to give you all the strength to complete this great project successfuly.and god will be kind enough to you to give more and more prosperity in future so that we see more of such noble works.kindly convey my feelings to mrs Ram also for her great feelings for the community.
i think all members on jatland will try and find the right person for theheadmasres job

ssiwach
September 28th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Congratulations.
I went to Public meeting in New York and heard Mr Vajpayee. He said India will be a developed country by 2020 and I am sure your step in the direction os education is one of them.
I will be more than happy to provide any kind of services and going to India during Feb/Mar.
Thanks
Sanjeev

ramsarya
September 28th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Dear Rajender and Sanjeev: Thanks for your encouragement. If you know a person fitting those qualifications, you or the prospective person may email me at "R.Arya@att.net" or call me at 732-294-0514, 732-308-0721, fax 732-308-4560 or write to me at 20 Gumani Court, Freehold, NJ 07728. Sanjeev: If you are going to India in Feb, March may be we might see each other there. If you were at Javits Center to hear Vajpayee, I was at the stage introduced to the PM representing Association of Jats in America. Thanks again.Ram S. Arya

uday
September 29th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Dear Aryaji,

YOU HIT THE TARGET EXACTLY AT TARGET.
Real pointer for uplift of Haryana people and community. Congratulations and Best wishes for such a noble project.

uday
September 29th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Dear Aryaji,

YOU HIT THE ARROW EXACTLY AT TARGET.
Real pointer for uplift of Haryana people and community. Congratulations and Best wishes for such a noble project.

uday
September 29th, 2003, 03:53 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/2003/Feb/25/674_168717,003100040008.htm

scsheorayan
September 29th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Dea Ram sarup ji,

It is an admirable project and wish you success in your endevours. Even though my personal situation does not permit to relocate to India or offer my services for the job I am always available and eager to do some thing for Jat community. In fact there is another project worth consideration i.e. starting a nursing college in Mumbai with affiliation to Australian/USA Universities. Graduates will be readily acceptable in Job market worldwide. Already have an offer from some one who is running a training Institute in Mumbai and working on another project of Engineering College in Mumbai. We can certainly swap ideas on this site and work towards betterment of community.

ranjitjat
September 29th, 2003, 05:10 PM
SHAHEED GORAV GATHA- FRANCE TO KARGIL BOOK PRESENTED TO RAM SARUP ARYA

GOOD NEWS.
The book Shaheed Gorav Gatha- France to Kargil is presented to CH. Ramsarup Arya at Freehold NJ by Author Dharmpal Singh Dudee.
The book presented as mark of respect to RAmsarup Arya ji for his service to Jat community. He is doing noble service in the field of Rural education in India. Arya ji is also active in AJA and Jat charity trust in USA.
GOd bless him in his noble mission.
Our best bishes are with him and his family.
Dharmpal . S Dudee

-------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ram Sarup ji. Many congratulations and best wishes in your noble mission. Again and again.

ramsarya
September 29th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Dear Mr. Dahiya, Sheoran ji and Dudee ji: Thanks for encouragement. Shubha Chand ji appreciate your offer of help. Uday ji nice article in Hindustan Times. If you have address of Mr. Singh runnunig this institute, please let me know. I would like to visit this great place. We already had planned to open a Tailoring School for widows in the village from next year but has not thought about to include other crafts. May be after visiting this school, we might expand the scope of our place next year.
I appreciate everybody's heartfelt good wishes. I would like to make it clear that I am not looking for any FINANCIAL HELP but only help in locating and getting the right talent.
Thanks to Mr. Ishwar Lamba for a long call and conversation from Australia and providing some very good contacts in India. Thanks to Sanjiv Siwach for calling from MA. Ram S. Arya

rameshlakra
September 29th, 2003, 09:33 PM
sarre badeya te mere ram ram ,
dear arya ji
a very touching milestone in jat-education initiative . thanks , indead for such a pioneering feat.
deeds not words is the buzzword here , and..sir , you have proved it beyond anybodies doubt. and like a member here says , if ur means are honest ....nobody can stop u .
i have a softcorner for educationist and alas , if god willing , one day i shall become one . my father in his own humble way has enrolled round hundreads of childrean into military schools and sainik and rai school . and indeed i am so proud to mention that we all five brothers are from the military school ( dholpur mil school ) all due to sheer grit and determination of my father .he had a school , which was very nominally charged humble and small and yet,so big ....i wonder sometimes. withou getting too much nostalgic let me come to the point by saying that i would have loved to do such a job ,but there is still miles to go before i sleep , and all my brothers are settled and i guess too young to fit in the job .
may be some day i would carry on the tradition set by my dear father , who is not here to see the fruits of the saplings he sew.
last but not the least , may ur school grow into an education icon . all the best .
ragards

sangwans
October 1st, 2003, 09:03 AM
[quote]Ram S. Arya (Sep 27, 2003 10:03 p.m.):

Dear Arya Saheb

It is really touching to read your aims and actions in serving not only the community but also the people in rural area all across. In fact, that seems to me the real and holistic meaning of the word service to the nation and its people.

I am sure your committment and dedication would set an example and serve as a great impetus for all of us to join and contribute the way one can do at best.

I feel with that level of your dedication and the postive notes from the community people with suggestions and willingness to contribute in different way, I feel that the expansion of institutions should be concentrated rather than scattered. Particularly, adding on specialities like nursing and other schools would be better to have at one place. Thsi would not only bring the instituion, the people behind the mission, the place , the service but also a kind of single site service to cater the needs of the people for whom you are generously doing all that. It cou;ld be better to mange and monitor too.

I once again appreciate your great efforts and pray God that everything would be successful with the kind of committment at heart you have. I am a senior scientist with Govt. of India establishment at Lucknow (Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants) on medicinal plants. Nevertheless, I would try try to spare time to contribute, in any way you deem fit.
Regards: Dr. RS Sangwan

haritta
October 1st, 2003, 06:14 PM
Dear Ch. Ram S. Arya
Congratulations for your hard work and not giving up to the village politics in starting your school in your village. I know you have already been doing this for long time in India that is education for the children.
Well Ch. Shubha Chand i am glad you are thinking on the same grounds what i was trying to say in my post titled think positive. If someone does look into this inst. being set up in Mumbai or Delhi is the right direction as it helps people to get jobs world wide. The question is how can we get 75% students in these inst. to be jats.
Ch. Ram S. Arya since you are going to india in feb. i think the right person if you can get him would be retired principal of DAV college hisar Prof. Nahal. If i can be of any help for you to get in touch with him do let me know he lives in Hisar in model town. I am myself going to be in India during third week of jan. and i can talk to him then if you so desire. I strongly feel if you can and i know you donot need anyone's help financially due to your hard work and success in your business in states. Start with giving full scholarship to a student from India who is very bright to study in usa . I am sure there are some brillant jat students in India whose parents cannot afford education for them in good inst. in India itself. You will be doing a great noble cause to the jat community by doing this as it would easly enable the student to get a visa since holding a full scholarship from here.
Once again congratulations and hope this will give u blessings of hundreds of young children whom you are heading in the right direction.

ramsarya
October 2nd, 2003, 07:45 AM
Dear Friends:
1. I am really thankful and on a high after receiving all the members' good wishes and congrats thru this site, emails and phones. In addition to the names already mentioned elsewhere, these include Samunder Singh,Anurag Kadyan,Sanjay Chhikara,Ramesh Lakra,Dr.Rajender Singh Sangwan,Baljeet Singh.I hope everybody's wishes regarding this project as well as their own come true. Ramesh whenever you are ready to carry on the tradition, there will be room for you here.Thanks to Mr. Sheorayan, Dr. Sangwan and others for offer of help. Baljeet please talk to Mr. Nahal on your next visit, why don't you call your buddy Hawa Singh and go to Kalirawan with him.
2. Three members are getting further info on prospective Principal needed. I appreciate their efforts. Out of 1000+ members, do I assume that only three members know someone for this? I thankfully accept your wishes but the main reason for the posting was to search for the talent needed to successfully run this institution. I request all members once again to look far and wide and help me.
3. Some suggestions have been put forward which in itself can be a large topic to discuss.Starting a Nurse Training College in Mumbai or Delhi by Mr. Sheonarayan and Baljeet but how to assure 75% Jat students? Don't you think Jats who need help are mostly rural and this type of institution should be located in rural area instead of a metropolitan area? Dr Sangwan suggets concentrating most if not all institutions in one place as a collective effort as lots of members here and in other postings have wished to help our brethrens.If that place can be Kalirawan, then I promise this today to all the members that I WILL PROVIDE ALL THE LAND NEEDED PLUS MATCH ALL THE AMOUNTS COLLECTED RUPEE FOR RUPEE UPTO RUPEES 4 CRORES. If members are serious about this, let us start communicating with each other, see how much and what we can accomplish. The Gathering of Jats in Delhi in Dec might be a good venue to discuss this. I am asking Mr. Dahiya to include this as a topic of discussion and action.
4. I posted the story of the school s that it might help the fence-sitters make up their minds, might be this is the push/inspiration they need to start doing what they have been thinking all along to help others.I am not a pioneer and would not like to take all the credit. I was inspired by Jaipal Singh Rathi, a NRI, who started a high school in his village Nagori, Meerut in 1988. Children from 8 villages are benefitting from this school. He has been donating 10 to 20% of his household income for the last 15 years and now his kids have joined him too! Then Jagbir Singh and I followed in his footsteps. Jagbir Singh has started a Girls High School from 6th to 10th grade in his mother's village Rathora in Baghpat, UP. More about these and other good people in my posting in "Current Affairs" under "North American Jat Charities" next week please.
Again I close with thanks. Ram S. Arya

vrattan
October 2nd, 2003, 10:23 AM
Dear Arya Uncle jee,
I am so moved and I would like to thank you for setting up an example for younger ones like me. We would definetly try one day to do something for the community like you.

Regards
Vivek

ranjitjat
October 2nd, 2003, 06:35 PM
Dear Ramsarup Arya ji- Namaskar
Many congratulations again.
Your parposal matching rupee for rupee is great. This remind us of Ch. CHHAJURAM offer of Defence of India fund matched by him = to REST OF INDIA DHANA SETH.
Only a jat and CH. CHHAJU RAM CAN SAY AND MATCH THIS.
This is very soundand wise parposal and I will support it whole heartly for further discussion.
Now rest is up to the community- KAUM

2 ABOUT PRINCIPAL/ DIRECTOR
SHri Ishwar Lamba ji phoned me this morning after talking to you. I am happy to look around if you need further help. I will contact DR .BhimSingh Dahiya EX-VC KU
BRIG. OP Chaudhry Ex VC-MDU now president of Haryana Education Board Bhiwani, and others suitable persons for the job.
with best wishes
Dharmpal Dudee

haritta
October 2nd, 2003, 06:35 PM
Hi Ram Arya
Glad to hear from you after ages. Well thats exactly what we should do is open it in rural area and since you already have established the infra structure let kalirawan be the place. I think all jatland members should give inputs on this and we can request Ch. Shubha Chand be a visiting counselor on this project. And my fellow jat friends i can vouch for Ram Arya he is a man of his words. I have known him for many many years though we havenot talked much in last 12 years. Thats because i just got out of active participation in the community for my own personal reasons. Yes i will definitley talk to Prof. Nahal when i am there and i will be there atleast till 2nd week of feb.2004 so if you are there at that time then we can meet in India also. Yes i promise you i will visit kaliraman this time not been there since Hawa Singh got married.
So my jat friends by that i mean jats and jatni's lets take this as a positive step and person like Ram Arya commiting the finances i am sure we all can get together and raise funds for this venture. I am willing to give my time on this issue if all agree to start this institution. This will help jats to get jobs without sifarish as nurses will always be in high demand not only in India but more so in foreign countries. I know for fact there is great shortage of nurses in usa. what better can we ask for to help our jat friends to do well in life. Please have a great positive discussion on this during jat meeting in december and let all of us know what the outcome is.
And finaly Ram Arya i know you are a very humble gentlemen and dont like to take credit but i think one should acknowledge due credit to the individual who is doing something for our community. Hope to talk to you soon.

Baljit

ramsarya
October 3rd, 2003, 06:48 AM
Dudee ji and dear Baljit: Thanks for the support and help in looking for the Principal. Dudee ji, please talk to as many people as you can and let me know who to see and contact. Thanks. Ram S. Arya

raj2rif
October 5th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Dear Arya Ji,
It is an excellent project and we all admire it. Let us all work hard for its success and expansion. We all in community should support the project the best we can. I am sure we will be able to find a suitable person matching your vision of the project and capable of implementing it in letter and spirit.
Once again our heartiest thanks for taking up this project.

scsheorayan
October 6th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Dear All,

It is a wonderful topic and of utmost interest to all forward looking members. Ram sarup ji has made a very good start now let us all pool our resources to make it a success. I am not an educationalist or rich or anything close to it but am willing to devote my time and resources for upliftment of our community. What could be better than education. While land and money are essential ingredients for this project planning and management are vital too.

I know one retired High School Principle and a DEO who can be very useful in running this project. Essential criteria in my opinion for this position should be dedication. Board members could be located anywhere and meet may be once or twice a year at Kaliraman. They should prepare sound business plan and see it's implementation and proper utilisation of resources.

Regarding professional courses like nursing or health sciences the problem which we are likely to encounter in rural area is lack of qualified teaching staff and retaining them. Metropolitan city is a different story where not only teaching staff but other facilities e.g. Hospitals, labs etc are available for practicals.

Friend who plans to start a nursing college in Mumbai is looking for affiliation with reputed universities overseas inlcuding Australia and USA, UK, Canada etc. Plan is to conduct part of the course in India following their curriculum and final 1 or 2 years at the University itself. Therefore any one who can assist in this process please do contact me.

Regards!

Shubha Chand Sheorayan

rajendersingh
October 6th, 2003, 08:52 PM
dear shubha chand ji namaskar,
it is a noble thought to start a professional college like a nursing college and other related institute.as u mentioned that to go for such institute in rural area one will face many problems like good staff, i fully agree with u.
i request u to give a thought if it could be near by delhi ,the problems above discussed will be solved.our girls can also be benefitted and your project will also be viable in all respect. other wise bombay is next to impossible for our girls. there are institutes in gurgaon which are affiliated to a u s university, so that part can also be solved.if this project has got anything to do with some consideration for jat girls, then it has to be in jatland .

haritta
October 7th, 2003, 03:07 AM
Hi Ch. Shubha Chand
If i give my time and effort to get your friend an affiliation for his nursing school what would he do for our jats. Will he guarantee some seats just for jats? If he is willing to do that then i am ready to talk to some universities out here in usa. However if it doesnot help our jat community then i am not willing to give my time for this venture.
Ch. Ram Arya i am looking forward to meet you in november and we can talk more in person on this issue.

baljit

bnashier
October 7th, 2003, 04:58 AM
Arya Ji: Greetings!

I express my admiration for your wonderful deed in setting up a school in Kalirawan. Indeed, this visionary undertalking will benefit generations to come. I wish you and the institution a great success.

I think some recently retired & energetic Headmaster/Principal of a high school in that area would most likely be a fruitful choice for PRINCIPAL/DIRECTOR of the school. Such a person usually is free from many personal family-related obligations and thus would dedicate himself to the project for the sake of satisfaction of doing something good.

On the idea of a Nursing School, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New delhi, has an excellent College of Nursing. This college is highly regarded in the US. Most of the students from South India end up there. I wonder why our Jat folks don't encourage their daughters to compete in the entrance examination for AIIMS College of Nursing. Medical College, Rohtak perhaps has something like that as well.

rajendersingh
October 7th, 2003, 04:22 PM
shubha chand ji namaskar,
i am writing it again to convey that it
by mistake that i took u as the person who was interested to start a nursing college in mumbai.later on i realised that it one of your friend and not u.so my request was made in dfferent context. inconvinience caused is regerted.

scsheorayan
October 7th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Baljit Singh (Oct 06, 2003 05:37 p.m.):
Hi Ch. Shubha Chand
If i give my time and effort to get your friend an affiliation for his nursing school what would he do for our jats. Will he guarantee some seats just for jats? If he is willing to do that then i am ready to talk to some universities out here in usa. However if it doesnot help our jat community then i am not willing to give my time for this venture.
Ch. Ram Arya i am looking forward to meet you in november and we can talk more in person on this issue.

baljit

Dear Baljit,
Thanks for the offer and am sure We can reserve seats for Jats. Incidently Nursing is not limited to girls only. Now a days a lot of boys also take to the caring profession of Nursing. We can look in to hostel accomodation for students if required.

Please do talk to some good university in US and let us know their response.

scsheorayan
October 7th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Dear Rajender Singh ji,

Good thinking but to be honest with you I don't think it would be possible for me to convince him to give up his other Bombay base business activities and move to Haryana (even though he belongs to Haryana). Let us take one step at a time and assist him in setting up the Institute at the place of his choice which happens to be Mumbai now. Going to Mumbai or any corner of the World to get good education is worth while investment for any student. The reason why very few Jat girls are in nursing profession is that our ego becomes a hurdle and the profession of nursing is not viewed par with other professions e.g. teaching.

The idea is to close the loop and find jobs for those students in overseas countries where population is aging. Health care could be the next boom industry.

Rajender Singh (Oct 06, 2003 11:22 a.m.):
dear shubha chand ji namaskar,
it is a noble thought to start a professional college like a nursing college and other related institute.as u mentioned that to go for such institute in rural area one will face many problems like good staff, i fully agree with u.
i request u to give a thought if it could be near by delhi ,the problems above discussed will be solved.our girls can also be benefitted and your project will also be viable in all respect. other wise bombay is next to impossible for our girls. there are institutes in gurgaon which are affiliated to a u s university, so that part can also be solved.if this project has got anything to do with some consideration for jat girls, then it has to be in jatland .

ramsarya
October 21st, 2003, 05:15 AM
Dear Friends: Thanks and Namaskar.Starting a Professional/Trade Institute somewhere near or in Delhi is a great idea and probably will benefit our Jats the most. Rajender ji is the right person in my opinion to take the lead in this. I would like to get involved in it in any capacity that you friends consider to be of any use.
For the school in Kalirawan: Col. Tavathia ji, have you heard from Col. Pun or Col Rana?Anurag Kadyan, any contact with Mr. Dalal? Baljit, heard from Mr. Nahal yet? Dudee ji, please contact Dr. Dahiya and Brig. Chaudhary and let me know their contact info and please do not embarass me by comparing to Ch. Chhajju Ram. Sheorayan ji, have you contacted the two people you mentioned? Budh ji, thanks for your kind words. Dear Vivek, thanks and I am sure one day you will do something very useful for our people. Lamba ji, thanks for contact info and tel calls.
Happy Diwali everybody! Ram S. Arya

drnchaudhry
October 22nd, 2003, 05:27 AM
Ram S. Arya Jee & Dear Members,
Greetings!
It looks like a dream project and feel really good to see the contributing effort of the senior community members.
The idea of Jatland as a birth place of the institute is great! If it could be in rural Haryana far from metro polution, it would be best in my opinion because of:
+Polution free environment.
+Low cost of the land and labour.
+More availability of open land for a big campus area with room for future projects.
+Peaceful environment to study.
+Low living cost for faculty and students.
+Promotion of education in the surrounding areas.
+Promotion of healthy life style.
+Means of livliehood for supporting the system.

+Can qualify for State/Central/UN official grants for rural projects.
+Personal satisfaction of paying back to the community.

If it could provide a better working environment with good boarding and lodging facilitis and salary at par, experts will come to serve from any corner of the country.

I can give one live example of Loni, distt. Ahmednagar, Maharastra. Its a very small village with about 2000 ppl. No major city or railroad connects it within 80kms.
They started with the rural hospital by thinking of the same problems. Now they have every kind of institute from nursery school to college, enginering college, pharmacy college, nursing college, dental college, physiotheraphy college, medical college, MBA, hotel management etc. They have a PG programme in almost every branch of medicine and right now are working on a PG in dentistry. Many of their medical projects are coverved by WHO and they are providing medical service to the whole of Ahmednagar district.
I was blessed to study dentistry there. At that time my college was affiliated to the Univ. of Pune. Now they even have their own university.
There is no problem of staffing in any dept. and all labs are at par.
Some of the facilities like porceline lab in dentistry, radio therapy of cancer in oncology dept. and equipmment in dentistry and physiotherapy are latest in the country at par with AIIMS and Manipal. There are students from many different countries.

Therefore, I think that such a worthy project can fluorish outside a metro area and actually provide a more worthwhile service to the community in a rural setting.

ajmer
November 13th, 2003, 01:02 AM
Ch. Ram S. Arya,

Congratulations on your great work for the community. I know the state of the education in Haryana (UP and Rajasthan as well, I would think), especially the government schools in villages, have gone through the tubes. It is really a bold step you have taken. I am really moved. The only thing which comes to ones mind is - I wish I could do something like this.

Ch. Arya is no stranger to our community in US. He is by far one of the most successful person I have come across. We used to meet at every Diwali function and 4th of July picnic until I moved to California last year. But for those who want to learn a little about him can read about him at:

http://www.aabdc.com/2002Outstanding/RamArya.asp

This information seems old and I am sure Ch. Arya has increased his business much more since this was written, especially since we know that the real boom in the US real-estate market started in just last couple of years. In last 2-3 years, the real-estate market in US has experienced coumpounded growth in the range of 25-50%. That is like doubling your investments in 2 years.

Please do include special emphasis on ethical education in your school. We know the main reason for such a pathetic state of education is due to corruption in education system, lack of interest from parents and community and lack of motivation among teachers. It is also important to make the students aware of the limitless possibilities education provide. It is only education, hard work, vision and focus that we have people like Ch. Ram S. Arya in the community.

I wish Ch. Arya success in his all ventures.

-ajmer

ramsarya
November 19th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Dear Ajmer: Thanks for encouragement. We do miss you on those gatherings. Are you moving back East any time soon?
At this school we do emphasize moral education. As you rightly mentioned that education opens up the outside world to you, I invite all Jatland members to visit this school and have a talk with students and teachers about your experiences, your struggles or lack of it and the opportunities the world has to offer. These kinds of talks (lectures) will stimulate those minds, make them curious and definitely help the kids grow. I know a couple of people are going to visit the school in December. Trust and management committee welcomes and appreciates these visits and I am grateful to these visitors. Please find some time from your busy schedule.
Thanks again. Ram s. Arya

kantasingh
November 30th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Dear Arya Saheb,
I really appreciate what you are doing and personally feel that this is something all of us need to do in our own small little ways till we dont come up with something big. Please do let me if I could be of any help. Just to remind you that I am based in Delhi and I have been working in the development sector for many years.
Wishing you all the best.
kanta

kantasingh
December 1st, 2003, 12:01 AM
Dear Arya Saheb,

Let me first congratulate you for a great thought and a greater action. I had posted a message in the morning but it got lost somewhere. I just wanted to let you know that I will be very happy to give my time for this work because education for our people is the issue closest to my heart.
Regards
kanta

uday
January 30th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Respected Arya SahibJi,
Namaskaram !!

"I'm curious to know that whether you grab the "MAN / WOMAN Of YOUR TARGETED VISION", so called "PRINCIPAL / DIRECTOR". We have so many well renowned personalities / presidents at our site residing in INDIA or abroad who are always ready to help you regarding it.

I would rather request you to update all of us about latest happenings w.r.t. your Mission to achieve “ Macnaey’s Gold” to dig out and filter from our own soil!!

Once again All the Best from Jatland to accomplish this mission.

From my side I'm willing to provide you free of cost " World's Best level kind of IT Services Consultancy, support” to your school (with scheduled appointments).

We all are eager to know the snake-graph of progress regarding it.

With Best Regards

Ram S. Arya (Sep 27, 2003 10:03 p.m.):
Before I describe the qualifications for the post, let me describe the school itself and that way prosoective person can visualize the qualifications needed. After a review of the pitiful state of education in Govt. school and private schools in my village, my wife Santosh and I decided to open a non-profit school in the village Kalirawan, Hisar. I gathered all the Panchs and Mukhiyas of the village in December 2000 and explained our idea of opening a school where the village children can get decent education at a very reasonable cost. Idea of free education was nixed by well wishers and people close to us because of our present mentality that anything free is worth nothing and is something not to be cared about. Most of the people gathered liked the idea but we could spot some skeptics without them saying so. It was suggested that Panchayat should donate land for the school. Idea was to get the villagers involved in "their" school and not call it Ram Sarup's school. A Non-profit trust was set up in India and here in USA we already had North American Jat Charities, Inc., a non-profit tax-exempt organization started in 1994 by some Jat families for charitable work in India (more about NAJC some place else here). After passing lot of Bureaucratic hurdles in 12-13 months, gift from Panchayat of 5 acres of land for school was held up by the top rung of the Bureaucratic ladder - caste jealousy or skepticism of the idea of a non-profit school? We bought 3 acres of land in 2002 and started construction. This school building is on the road connecting Hisar, Agroha, Adampur, Bahadra (Rajasthan).
We started classes in 2001 with 35 students in KG and 35 in first grade in renovated Nohras and Chaupals. School was so successful the first year itself that all the skeptics converted to believers that this school is really for the benefit of the village as they could easily compare the income and expenses and deduct that it is not for the profit of Arya family. With the demand so overwhelming, next year (2002), we had to increase the admission to 70 students in KG with two sections. Children are admitted only in KG and not higher classes and thus it will take about 12 years to reach upto 12th grade and become a full high school. Now the school is in its third year of existence with about 250 students in KG to 3rd grade. Ratio of Boys/Girls is 60/40. School has become very popular and the people from other villages are requesting permission to admit their kids. We are unable to do that as long as we have enough kids from our village. Our village has 1000+ families with 65% Jats, 15-18% Bishnois and rest others. Seems like we definitely have more than 70 kids each year for school. We might have to open sattelite primary schools in neighboring villages to accommodate their request and then bring students in higher classes to Kalirawan.
Besides classroom teaching of books, students learn Indian culture, customs, history and take part in physical education, yoga, public speaking, gardening etc. School days are about one hour longer than Govt. schools and school year is 30-40 days longer also. Teachers are Graduates and some of them have B.Ed/JBT. We encourage them to take admission in B.Ed with a gurantee of employment on completion. So far we have 7 teachers, one for every 30-35 students and will be adding 2-3 every year. School will be affiliated with CBSE and therefore more or less are following that syllabus.
One floor of the school building has been completed with 12 classrooms and administrative block. It will be a three story building with about 44000 SF of covered area. We have about 25 acres of personal farming land adjacent to school and therefore that will be utilized for palygrounds, teacher's residential quarters and expansion. We plan to start construction next year of teacher's residential compound with a community hall for their use. All classes will be held in this new building from April 2004.
My wife and I will be providing all the money needed for this school. We have committed one million dollars at present, $100,000.(about Rs. 45 lacs) each year for 10 years or as needed. By the end of 2012, enough amount will be deposited in a Trust account to take care of any deficit and capital expenditures needed.
QUALIFICATIONS OF PRINCIPAL/DIRECTOR: Now back to qualifications. Need a dedicated educationist/administrator with a vision not necessarily same as ours but at least not opposite of ours, can set up this school with liabrary, sports dept, music dept, science and computer labs, get affiliated with CBSE, hire qualified and dedicated teachers and other staff, can set an example himself for others to follow and of course do it for free (kidding!).
I will be visiting India in Feb and March, 2004. Final decision will be made then but I would like to communicate with the prospective candidates before that.
Any suggestions, constructive criticism and ideas for improvement of school or addition to school will be valued from anyone after visiting the school or without visiting.
I apologize for a long write up though intention was not. Thanks to every jatland member for expected help, comments and criticsm. Ram S. Arya

ramsarya
January 31st, 2004, 07:01 AM
Dear Uday: Thanks for inquiring about the status of finding the person to take charge of the school. I am going to India from Feb 11 to March 19 and hope to find the right person/persons for the school. I already have a list of recommended persons, thanks to all the jatland members who have provided help in this regard and tremendous amount of moral support. If you have any person in mind, please let me know. Since you are in Delhi, I hope to see you on 28th Feb at the 2d World Jat Convention and talk about it. Yes I will definitely let all the jatland members know the progress. I appreciate your offer of help as an IT consultant and I most probably will call upon you for help. Thanks.

sunilchhikara
February 11th, 2004, 07:15 PM
ram ram to all elders,
sir i want to tell that there is one principal who is presently working in jhajjar in indo american school. he is in the top listed principal of CBSE from haryana. he having contract with this school which is going to end at 31march2004. his name A.K.Sinha. when u come to india u can meet him. Might be he is the right person whom we are searching for.

sushilsehrawat
February 25th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Mr. Arya.....You may want to reach out for Mr. Vishnu Bhagwan -Former Chief Secretary for some advise on subject matter. He is presently residing in Hisar and was Secretary Education for a long time. He may be able to point you in the right direction.

ramsarya
March 24th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Greetings Jatland memebers. I have been absent from the site for about six weeks. I was in India and got the chance to meet a lot of wonderful Jats doing lot of good work for our community. Attended 2nd World Jat Convention too. More about these encounters later. First let me update on the search for Principal. Thanks to all the jatland members who tried to help in the search for the last 4-5 months. Finally we have a Principal, her name is Raj Rani Bhambu. She is MA BEd and has 11 years experience in teaching and as head of an English Medium school in Adampur, Hisar. She lives about 10 km from our village. She joined as of March 5th and seems to be doing very well. The school building is ready and all the classes (LKG thru 4th grade at present) will be held in the new building from April 1st. We changed the medium of school to English as a practical matter and give our village kids a leg up to face competition in future. School is already so popular that we had hard time selecting only 60 kids for LKG out of applications of about 300 kids. It breaks my heart that all the applicants could not be admitted, how we might have missed on a future great person. Any suggestions? I am greatful to Baljit Singh and Dr. Jagbir Singh for taking time out of their busy schedule in India to visit the school and provide encouragement. We still will need a Director/Administrator in near future. Lots of eminent people have promised help and some have become part of the team. I and Santosh are in debt of all these people who are an encouragement and a source of help as and when needed. Thanks once again.

uday
April 8th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Sadar Pranam,
First of all I'm sorry as I could not meet you on your India VISIT.
I 'll be in touch with you seperately for your mission.

"Your mission is Real reflection and serving for the Kaum. and is in right direction by supplying waters in root for a better tomorrow".

With Regards
Stay Tuned
Uday

Ram S. Arya (Mar 23, 2004 11:02 p.m.):
Greetings Jatland memebers. I have been absent from the site for about six weeks. I was in India and got the chance to meet a lot of wonderful Jats doing lot of good work for our community. Attended 2nd World Jat Convention too. More about these encounters later. First let me update on the search for Principal. Thanks to all the jatland members who tried to help in the search for the last 4-5 months. Finally we have a Principal, her name is Raj Rani Bhambu. She is MA BEd and has 11 years experience in teaching and as head of an English Medium school in Adampur, Hisar. She lives about 10 km from our village. She joined as of March 5th and seems to be doing very well. The school building is ready and all the classes (LKG thru 4th grade at present) will be held in the new building from April 1st. We changed the medium of school to English as a practical matter and give our village kids a leg up to face competition in future. School is already so popular that we had hard time selecting only 60 kids for LKG out of applications of about 300 kids. It breaks my heart that all the applicants could not be admitted, how we might have missed on a future great person. Any suggestions? I am greatful to Baljit Singh and Dr. Jagbir Singh for taking time out of their busy schedule in India to visit the school and provide encouragement. We still will need a Director/Administrator in near future. Lots of eminent people have promised help and some have become part of the team. I and Santosh are in debt of all these people who are an encouragement and a source of help as and when needed. Thanks once again.

scsheorayan
April 9th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Congratulations Ramsarup ji,

Best wishes for your Project. It is a source of great pride for all those being part of this Project.

Regards

uday
August 6th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Arya Uncle Namaskar,
We will be happy to know 'bout updated status of your vision
( harvesting at grass root level). Pls. update to all of us.

Regards
Stay Tuned.

dsruhela
August 6th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Namskar Arya ji,
I have been working as head of department of computer application in S.M.L.(P.G.) College, jhunjhunu,Rajasthan. I am also intrested to join as director/Principal of a college. I have completed M.C.A. in 1993 from M.B.M.Engg college, Jodhpur. So consider me as a condidate of above post. I will happy to work for jat institutes
D.S.Ruhela Jat of Jhunjhunu