PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way of improving Pronunciation & Vocublary

dahbal
October 12th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Hi,

Good Morning everybody!!

Can anyone suggest me the easiest way of improving Pronunciation & Vocublary in short period of times?

My schooling is from Govt. school & there was no proper way of english teaching there.They used more haryanvi in English language.So now problem is that I also speak english in haryanvi lasja not like the native english speaker.But english is a little different language & we should have command over english for making progress in life in now a days.

Give me idea or suggestion for improving my Pronunciation & Vocublary power so that I'll become a speaker like native english person.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

bnashier
October 12th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Dear Balraj:

An effective way to improve your vocabulary and english language is to read news papers and some nicely written books. Don't just glance over them; read them calmly and try to understand the message. Keep a dictionary with you for help as you come across new words. Books unrelated to your academic courses are a better source for improving your language. For example, "The complete Works of Swami Vivekananda" are one of the best written books I have come across. They are very inexpensive to buy and a pleasure to read. You may try only the first three volumes - cost may not exceed 200 rupees for all three. What a way to go, improve your english langauge and enrich your spirituality simultaneously!

dahbal
October 13th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Budh Nashier (Oct 12, 2003 08:49 a.m.):
Dear Balraj:

An effective way to improve your vocabulary and english language is to read news papers and some nicely written books. Don't just glance over them; read them calmly and try to understand the message. Keep a dictionary with you for help as you come across new words. Books unrelated to your academic courses are a better source for improving your language. For example, "The complete Works of Swami Vivekananda" are one of the best written books I have come across. They are very inexpensive to buy and a pleasure to read. You may try only the first three volumes - cost may not exceed 200 rupees for all three. What a way to go, improve your english langauge and enrich your spirituality simultaneously!

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for nice suggestion and information.

I also wanna know if anybody know about any computer software freely available on internet so that I can download that and will do practices.

Again thanks for help.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

drnchaudhry
October 14th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Aadarniye Budh Nashies Jee,
Greetings!
A nice recommendation - Ek panth teen kaaj!
Balraj Bhai,
for your practice, try bbc home page and hit learning, open English language and choose your material of choice.
Hopefully you will find it use ful.
Enjoy the learning!

vikrantsiwag
October 14th, 2003, 06:47 PM
:hi: Balrahj.

there is a free software u can download and use as a dictionary and thesaurus u can download this from http://wordweb.info/free/ , its a nice software.
Happy learning..... :thumbsup:

Vikrant.

dahbal
October 15th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Dr. Narender Dudee (Oct 14, 2003 09:00 a.m.):
Aadarniye Budh Nashies Jee,
Greetings!
A nice recommendation - Ek panth teen kaaj!
Balraj Bhai,
for your practice, try bbc home page and hit learning, open English language and choose your material of choice.
Hopefully you will find it use ful.
Enjoy the learning!

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for information and help from you.
The following is the site(url) address for bbc where you can go directly to english language
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/index.shtml

Thanks & Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

dahbal
October 15th, 2003, 11:17 AM
vikrant siwag (Oct 14, 2003 09:17 a.m.):
:hi: Balrahj.

there is a free software u can download and use as a dictionary and thesaurus u can download this from http://wordweb.info/free/ , its a nice software.
Happy learning..... :thumbsup:

Vikrant.

Hi Vikrant,

Thank you very much for efforts and nice appreciations.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

dipy
October 15th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Hello Balraj,

You can use a book by Norman Lewis on improving your Vocabulary. You can complete the lessons in 21 days. It is a good book.
Also for pronounciation -- you can get a song book and a cassette of the English songs that are listed in the book and try listening through a headphone- and reading the book at the same time. This help you improve your pronounciation

dahbal
October 15th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Dipender Chaudhary (Oct 15, 2003 03:14 a.m.):
Hello Balraj,

You can use a book by Norman Lewis on improving your Vocabulary. You can complete the lessons in 21 days. It is a good book.
Also for pronounciation -- you can get a song book and a cassette of the English songs that are listed in the book and try listening through a headphone- and reading the book at the same time. This help you improve your pronounciation

HI Dipender,

Thanks a lot.

Can you give me names of some song books or it is given in Norman Lewis book on improving your Vocabulary.
Where I'll get these books in New Delhi?

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

dipy
October 16th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Hello Balraj,

U can get a song book at the Archies Gallery or can try Def. Col. market or South Exten. in Delhi. You can get the songs recorded as per your requirement. I assure you -this will help.

dahbal
October 16th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Dipender Chaudhary (Oct 16, 2003 03:24 a.m.):
Hello Balraj,

U can get a song book at the Archies Gallery or can try Def. Col. market or South Exten. in Delhi. You can get the songs recorded as per your requirement. I assure you -this will help.

Hi Dipender,

Thank you very much for information.

-Balraj