PDA

View Full Version : Tees Lakh Ka Killa

devdahiya
March 1st, 2006, 07:46 AM
Worthy members, Rates of agriculture land in Haryana have shot up a great deal.Thank to the present CM as he has introduced a ceiling. To that extent we all should be happy that our gulible people will now get a decent money for their land but i have some concerns as well and they are:

1] Will our people be able to digest this kind of money
2] Will they be able to invest it wisely
3] Mukdma-bajji khatarnak dhangg se to nahi badhh jayegi
4] Khoon-kharabba to shurru nahin ho jayega
5] Bhai-bhai ka dushman to nahin ho jayega.6] Culture pe kitna assar paddta-dikhta hei.
6] As Delhi is set to expend Haryana side....hammare gaon ki sanskrati luupt to nahin ho jayegi aur apraadh aasmman to nahin chhuwengge
7] These thoughts really bother me.

Ofcourse change is the spice of life and it will take place by all means whether we call it good or bad but somehow i am not prepared to even think of these outcomes....? Your perception will be valuable. Thanx!

devdahiya
March 1st, 2006, 09:02 AM
Is it correct that about 2500 acres fland is being acquired between Bahadurgarh and sampla? Any one having some update on this?

jagmohan
March 1st, 2006, 10:11 AM
Bhai Dev,

Welcome back!!! Lagta hai kafi ‘Manthan’ kiya hai break mein. Here are quick answers. Bhai aaj se CBSE board ke exam bhi shuru ho re sain.. aap ne to hamara bhi exam sa le diya…

Q 1. Will our people be able to digest this kind of money?
A 1. NO.

Q2. Will they be able to invest it wisely?
A2. Doubtful.

Q3. Mukdma-bajji khatarnak dhangg se to nahi badhh jayegi?
A3. Bilkul Hovegi.

Q4. Khoon-kharabba to shurru nahin ho jayega?
A4. Bhai, puri sambhavna hai.

Q5. Bhai-bhai ka dushman to nahin ho jayega.
A5. Bhai – Bhai ka dusman te pahley hi sain, ib Bahan – Bhai ki ladai bhi hotee dikhay se.

Q6. Culture pe kitna assar paddta-dikhta hei?
A6. Jab kuchh bachh a na ga te kunsa culture? Mhara te uoon bhi culture Agriculture tha, ib vo bhi bik jya ga.

Q7. As Delhi is set to expend Haryana side....hammare gaon ki sanskrati luupt to nahin ho jayegi aur apraadh aasmman to nahin chhuwengge.
A7. Bilkul.

Q8. These thoughts really bother me.
A8. These thoughts should bother every right thinking JAT.

I had raised similar concerns while commenting on a similar subject in another thread. I feel there will be no village left in a radius of 100 Kms of Delhi after 100 years from now. Our villages would look like what the erstwhile Delhi villages look like.

There is only one solution. A complete ban on Acquisition/Sale of Agricultural land in Sonepat, Rohtak, Jhajjar. Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Meerut & Baghpat. It should only be allowed to be sold for agricultural purposes. I am not against development but then this development would lead to our disappearance as a ‘Kaum’. And in any case this so-called-development, lopsided in many cases, benefits the 'Builder – Bureaucrat – Political Lobby'. A fly over is meant to take you to the next traffic jam that much faster. My village has had a National Highway, like other villages on GT Road, since the late 16th Century. Even then we have had no development. Nahar ka paani aataa nahin, wells are dry, ground water is 100s of feet below normal, unemployment has increased, there are more drunkards and the number is only increasing. Earlier we had power the whole day. Jab se yaa Dilli develop honee shuru huee, sab naas ho gya? Is this development?

I have very strong views on this subject but then these can’t be expressed in an open forum. My only fear is that while we may be happy to get these lakhs of rupees after selling our land, please remember that we also risk being erased from the very lands that our forefathers fought for and protected.

I am sure members would have very strong views on this subject, in agreement or otherwise.

Dev, thanks for raising a good topic.

Regards,

JS Malik

downtoearth
March 1st, 2006, 01:55 PM
jagmohan sir ,if a farmer is getting rs 30 lakhs for his one killa land.. its sure dat he`ll sell it.... b`coz after working all the day,, he is hand to mouth.... gettin 30 lakhs per killa is a huge amount.... sm of them won`t b able to digest this amount......one more thing i would like to share >>>> i`ve heard frm sm farmers that they r planing to shift to other states like m.p , chattisgarh,, bcoz tha rate of land is very low out of there..... i.e 40 thousand per killaaa... ib ghanney log arey tey bhajan bhi laag rahey sey....:cool: ... ya bhi ek problem banegi

itsnavin
March 1st, 2006, 03:03 PM
Dev ji, jab 30Lakh ka killa bikegaa to jo sab aapne likha hai, un sab ki umeed ki jaa sakti hai. Why? because jab ghar bethey bethey itna paisa mil jayegaa to buri aadatein to samaj mein apne aap hee aa jayengi. Just have a look at the jat villages in & around Delhi. They got a good money for their lands. They could have used this money for business, kids education, investment etc but most of them couldn't simply digest it! Khudd bigadd gayem bachhey bhee bigad gaye, sara paisa daru aur aish mein gya, bachhon ne padhai nahin ki. Ab ro rahe hain ki aisa kyon hua. Kuch hee aisi families nikli jo iska poora faiyda uatha paayi. I fear the same for the newly aquired villages.

Suna hai Kundli, Rai and even Murthal are now in the eyes of developers because of the newly sanctioned highway conecting GT Road with gurgaon & faridabad on the outer periphery of delhi. And prices of land there are rising like hell!

c.p.chhikara
March 1st, 2006, 04:18 PM
Bhaiyo,

Ram Ram,

Navin bhai bilkul thik kah rahe se. Kundli border ke paas ek developer ne ek crore ka ek killa kharida se. Yoh sab dekh ke to kissan bhaiyo ke dimagh main phitur badta ave se.

Dev bhai ne kahi bhai bhai ka dushman to nahi ho jaga. Bhai Dev jab ek beta apne father or mother ne kewal pension or kuch jaydad ke liye maar sake se to lakho ki to baat kuch or se.

devdahiya
March 1st, 2006, 06:22 PM
Bhai Dev,

Welcome back!!! Lagta hai kafi ‘Manthan’ kiya hai break mein. Here are quick answers. Bhai aaj se CBSE board ke exam bhi shuru ho re sain.. aap ne to hamara bhi exam sa le diya…

Q 1. Will our people be able to digest this kind of money?
A 1. NO.

Q2. Will they be able to invest it wisely?
A2. Doubtful.

Q3. Mukdma-bajji khatarnak dhangg se to nahi badhh jayegi?
A3. Bilkul Hovegi.

Q4. Khoon-kharabba to shurru nahin ho jayega?
A4. Bhai, puri sambhavna hai.

Q5. Bhai-bhai ka dushman to nahin ho jayega.
A5. Bhai – Bhai ka dusman te pahley hi sain, ib Bahan – Bhai ki ladai bhi hotee dikhay se.

Q6. Culture pe kitna assar paddta-dikhta hei?
A6. Jab kuchh bachh a na ga te kunsa culture? Mhara te uoon bhi culture Agriculture tha, ib vo bhi bik jya ga.

Q7. As Delhi is set to expend Haryana side....hammare gaon ki sanskrati luupt to nahin ho jayegi aur apraadh aasmman to nahin chhuwengge.
A7. Bilkul.

Q8. These thoughts really bother me.
A8. These thoughts should bother every right thinking JAT.

I had raised similar concerns while commenting on a similar subject in another thread. I feel there will be no village left in a radius of 100 Kms of Delhi after 100 years from now. Our villages would look like what the erstwhile Delhi villages look like.

There is only one solution. A complete ban on Acquisition/Sale of Agricultural land in Sonepat, Rohtak, Jhajjar. Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Meerut & Baghpat. It should only be allowed to be sold for agricultural purposes. I am not against development but then this development would lead to our disappearance as a ‘Kaum’. And in any case this so-called-development, lopsided in many cases, benefits the 'Builder – Bureaucrat – Political Lobby'. A fly over is meant to take you to the next traffic jam that much faster. My village has had a National Highway, like other villages on GT Road, since the late 16th Century. Even then we have had no development. Nahar ka paani aataa nahin, wells are dry, ground water is 100s of feet below normal, unemployment has increased, there are more drunkards and the number is only increasing. Earlier we had power the whole day. Jab se yaa Dilli develop honee shuru huee, sab naas ho gya? Is this development?

I have very strong views on this subject but then these can’t be expressed in an open forum. My only fear is that while we may be happy to get these lakhs of rupees after selling our land, please remember that we also risk being erased from the very lands that our forefathers fought for and protected.

I am sure members would have very strong views on this subject, in agreement or otherwise.

Dev, thanks for raising a good topic.

Regards,

JS Malik

Jaggu sir, thanx for the long and detailed inputs. You seems to be right all the way. Thanx others too.

dndeswal
March 1st, 2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks Dev ji, for starting this innovative and thought provocating thread.

I entirely agree with the views of Col. Malik. He is referring to another thread Yo Ke Hoan Lagra Se (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12415) in which he and myself have expressed our fears about the deteriorating law & order situation in our villages due to skyrocketting of land prices. Britishers did not go west and north of Delhi because this was an agricultural land. New Delhi area was developed by Britishers on a rocky land and Delhi cantonment area was also selected at a place which is rocky and keeping in view that forest area in the Ridge should be protected - and Army was the best authority to protect the area from land-grabbing and at the same time being operational in that area.

After partition, Delhi Metropolis spread like a monster's limb and the neighbouring villages were in a way wiped out by successive planners. I remember the famous rally of 6 March 1977 at Delhi's Ramlila Ground (when Indira Gandhi was in power and elections were held between 16-20 March and Janta Party came to power). Devi Lal ji had said in that rally that Delhi had been re-shaped : first by Nadershaw and secondly by DDA ! How wide this metropolis will grow? Areas of NOIDA, Greater NOIDA and a vast area near Ghaziabad has already been swallowed by this monster. In Haryana, the area upto Faridabad - the ones upto Gurgaon and surrounding localities - in the west Bahadurgarh and even Sampla - spreading towards Rohtak - and in North - practically crossing Sonepat town - the village culture is being wiped out.

Plans have been announced for a hi-tech city on GT Road and another one between Badli and Jhajjar. A super highway has been planned, connecting Faridabad, passing near Rewari, crossing the territories of Baadli, Mandouthi, Rohad and then connecting into the GT Road somewhere near Sonepat. A railway line has been announced for Rohtak-Jhajjar-Rewari. A powerhouse will be built between Baadli and Jhajjar. All these are highly fertile areas and these activities will affect grains production, vegetable, fruit and milk production, apart from changing the social structure of the entire belt. We are not against development but is it 'vikas' or 'vinash'? Powerhouses can well be set up in barren lands like those in Gwalior and Jhansi hills. Big countries like USA allot barren lands for huge industrial activities rather than near big cities. Las Vegas, the entertainment capital, has been set up in a barren land.

So, dekhte raho - the future of next generation is bleak. Forget "Deshon mein desh Haryana - jit doodh-dahi ka khanna". After construction of a super highway and another railway line, the land on both sides will be grabbed by industrialists. Inhabitants will cry for fresh air and water, milk, vegetables, desi fruits and other necessities in that vast jungle of steel and concrete. Domestic cows and buffallows will be deprived of grazing grounds and johads - only dirty dairies will thrive. Wildlife has already disappeared !!

P.S. : And Dev ji, thanks for your related thread (poem): "Yahan Ek Gaon Huwa Karta Tha" (Time Pass forum).

devdahiya
March 2nd, 2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks Dev ji, for starting this innovative and thought provocating thread.

I entirely agree with the views of Col. Malik. He is referring to another thread Yo Ke Hoan Lagra Se (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12415) in which he and myself have expressed our fears about the deteriorating law & order situation in our villages due to skyrocketting of land prices. Britishers did not go west and north of Delhi because this was an agricultural land. New Delhi area was developed by Britishers on a rocky land and Delhi cantonment area was also selected at a place which is rocky and keeping in view that forest area in the Ridge should be protected - and Army was the best authority to protect the area from land-grabbing and at the same time being operational in that area.

After partition, Delhi Metropolis spread like a monster's limb and the neighbouring villages were in a way wiped out by successive planners. I remember the famous rally of 6 March 1977 at Delhi's Ramlila Ground (when Indira Gandhi was in power and elections were held between 16-20 March and Janta Party came to power). Devi Lal ji had said in that rally that Delhi had been re-shaped : first by Nadershaw and secondly by DDA ! How wide this metropolis will grow? Areas of NOIDA, Greater NOIDA and a vast area near Ghaziabad has already been swallowed by this monster. In Haryana, the area upto Faridabad - the ones upto Gurgaon and surrounding localities - in the west Bahadurgarh and even Sampla - spreading towards Rohtak - and in North - practically crossing Sonepat town - the village culture is being wiped out.

Plans have been announced for a hi-tech city on GT Road and another one between Badli and Jhajjar. A super highway has been planned, connecting Faridabad, passing near Rewari, crossing the territories of Baadli, Mandouthi, Rohad and then connecting into the GT Road somewhere near Sonepat. A railway line has been announced for Rohtak-Jhajjar-Rewari. A powerhouse will be built between Baadli and Jhajjar. All these are highly fertile areas and these activities will affect grains production, vegetable, fruit and milk production, apart from changing the social structure of the entire belt. We are not against development but is it 'vikas' or 'vinash'? Powerhouses can well be set up in barren lands like those in Gwalior and Jhansi hills. Big countries like USA allot barren lands for huge industrial activities rather than near big cities. Las Vegas, the entertainment capital, has been set up in a barren land.

So, dekhte raho - the future of next generation is bleak. Forget "Deshon mein desh Haryana - jit doodh-dahi ka khanna". After construction of a super highway and another railway line, the land on both sides will be grabbed by industrialists. Inhabitants will cry for fresh air and water, milk, vegetables, desi fruits and other necessities in that vast jungle of steel and concrete. Domestic cows and buffallows will be deprived of grazing grounds and johads - only dirty dairies will thrive. Wildlife has already disappeared !!

P.S. : And Dev ji, thanks for your related thread (poem): "Yahan Ek Gaon Huwa Karta Tha" (Time Pass forum).

Educative post this. Thank you Deswal ji.

sejwaldeepak
March 2nd, 2006, 09:56 AM
KAKA JI ,

EK baat puchun? Jib sari dharti aquired ho jagi , har jageh buildings ban jangi, maar-kaat bhi howengi, mukadme bhi chaalenge, sab kuch howega... per kisi ne nu dhyan nahi diya ki dharti hi na rehgi to bowenge kade , khawenge ke?????:(

positivelook
March 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Worthy Members

Dont worry abt all these things cos the things which u are talking abt increasing crime, bhai-bhai ka dushman, proper investment of money these are already exist in our society. Its good now Farmers are getting this much of money for there land. Now they can enjoy all the luxurios things like car, mobile phones etc. So whts wrong in this. Why u all are talking abt this and can i ask all u a question that if u people really think abt our agriculture land and all these things than why u people are sitting abroad or Delhi or Mumbai instead of living on ur own village. I give it a fair go and if this land is selling than for sure there will be more industries where people can work and why u people are forgetting that India is going through a change and all things have to change in near future may be in 15 yrs or so.
Why we people always worried abt all that old stuff now its new century so dont think that everything will be same like as it was before. I feel if we all can provide better education to our childrens and give them good guidance than they can work in and than they dont need agricultural land.

When i gone through a survey Indias 40% of agricultural land will convert in to concrete upto 2020. We cant stop this and if u really want to stop anything stop Population and other social evils.

Jo Samay ke saath nahi badlta woh pichee reh jaata hai and i dont want Jats to left behind.

Abhimanyu Phougat

devdahiya
March 2nd, 2006, 06:26 PM
Worthy Members

Dont worry abt all these things cos the things which u are talking abt increasing crime, bhai-bhai ka dushman, proper investment of money these are already exist in our society. Its good now Farmers are getting this much of money for there land. Now they can enjoy all the luxurios things like car, mobile phones etc. So whts wrong in this. Why u all are talking abt this and can i ask all u a question that if u people really think abt our agriculture land and all these things than why u people are sitting abroad or Delhi or Mumbai instead of living on ur own village. I give it a fair go and if this land is selling than for sure there will be more industries where people can work and why u people are forgetting that India is going through a change and all things have to change in near future may be in 15 yrs or so.
Why we people always worried abt all that old stuff now its new century so dont think that everything will be same like as it was before. I feel if we all can provide better education to our childrens and give them good guidance than they can work in and than they dont need agricultural land.

When i gone through a survey Indias 40% of agricultural land will convert in to concrete upto 2020. We cant stop this and if u really want to stop anything stop Population and other social evils.

Jo Samay ke saath nahi badlta woh pichee reh jaata hai and i dont want Jats to left behind.

Abhimanyu Phougat

Bhai Abhimanyu ji Hum sab cheejjon ko samajhte hein aur jo hoga wo to hoga hi usnnei kaun rokk sajkke ga? But we have some attachment to the area which had been like our mother for centuries,which nurtured and fed us all along.....and now about to go for auction. Good or bad is not the question as that we all will see in near future but yes CONCERNS of members and that of mine are absolutely genuine and spot on. Matter is emotive and hence has to be seen and understood from that angle too. We all want our Jat brotherns to be healthy,wealthy,wise and successful irrespective of what way we express ourselve....There is nothing like old thinkings or current take off.

dndeswal
March 2nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Bhai "Positivelook",

We are also looking positively but are also looking at negative aspects of something which is going to affect the very land in which we are born. This is a nice debate and we are all contributing to it. But since you have written "why u are" at a couple of places, I am explaining it ad seriatem.

Its good now Farmers are getting this much of money for there land. Now they can enjoy all the luxurios things like car, mobile phones etc. So whts wrong in this. Bhai, yo "money" ki definition kya hai? Read Economics - 'Money', is not paper-money, its real meaning is 'Wealth' and agricultural land is the real wealth - it is 'dharti mata' which gives us water and food. If the cultivable land is snatched, what will they do? Is there a guarantee that factories on that land will give employment to youngmen of those villages? I will be a scene like Maruti in Gurgaon where most of the labour is from other states - not from the neighbouring villages of Gurgaon.

Why u all are talking abt this and can i ask all u a question that if u people really think abt our agriculture land and all these things than why u people are sitting abroad or Delhi or Mumbai instead of living on ur own village : I am not sitting abroad, I have been forced to go abroad because of the transfer policy. And it is not a life-long posting. One dare not ask a fauji sitting on Siachin glacier - why are you sitting there? I have earlier served in difficult places too - like Pakistan. And yes, after retirement, I would certainly live in my village. (By the way, you are also sitting abroad).

I give it a fair go and if this land is selling than for sure there will be more industries where people can work : It is true that industries will provide jobs. But as stated above, to whom? The local people will suffer as there is no guarantee.

and why u people are forgetting that India is going through a change and all things have to change in near future may be in 15 yrs or so. : Change has to take place and nobody can stop it. None is against change but that change should be for a good purpose and not for a catastrophe where an entire area suddenly finds itself in the grip of crime, pollution, water shortage and host of other such things. The examples of Delhi's villages is in front of us. Change should take place but there should be a guarantee that land on both side of railway line and highway will remain intact and will be sold only for agricultural purposes.

Why we people always worried abt all that old stuff now its new century so dont think that everything will be same like as it was before : What is that 'old stuff'? Fresh air, ground water, milk, vegetables etc. is "Old stuff"? Yes, everything will not be same and this is the cause of worry for all of us.

I feel if we all can provide better education to our childrens and give them good guidance than they can work in and than they dont need agricultural land: You "feel" and we also "feel" - everyone has the right to feel. What is "better education"? Does each and every child need to go to Australia, USA and elsewhere to get "better education"? "They can work" - where? Dont think that IT sector will provide jobs for ever. It is a bubble which will go-off after some time. Agriculture sector has been the largest job-provider in India since the beginning of human civilisation. Each and every nation requires agricultural land. Are eatables produced in factories? Factories can only reprocess the food and not really grow it.

When i gone through a survey Indias 40% of agricultural land will convert in to concrete upto 2020. We cant stop this and if u really want to stop anything stop Population and other social evils : That would be a very bad day when 40% of our precious agricultural land will convert into concrete jungle. I do not want to comment further. And population - Australia does not have this problem. Our annual population increase is equal to entire Australia's population. And that is why we want that our agricultural land should remain intact to feed that population. India has so much of barren land where industrial activity can flourish, without touching the fertile areas near Delhi. And yes, population increase is a natural process and "we" Jatlanders alone cannot stop it - government alone cannot stop it - only nature will stop it some day. It does not mean and we are in favour of rapid growth of population.

Aur samay ke saath badalna chahiye - sabko - Plan banaane walon ko bhi. Supreme Court had to intervene to remove factories from localities in Delhi. This is the worst case of bad planning. When other countries make such plans, they see beyond 100 years, they take due care that such planning should not destroy their lakes, mountains and other natural resources. Switzerland is the best example of this - they have preserved their lakes and natural beauty and are earning through tourism.

devdahiya
March 3rd, 2006, 08:35 AM
KAKA JI ,

EK baat puchun? Jib sari dharti aquired ho jagi , har jageh buildings ban jangi, maar-kaat bhi howengi, mukadme bhi chaalenge, sab kuch howega... per kisi ne nu dhyan nahi diya ki dharti hi na rehgi to bowenge kade , khawenge ke?????:(

Ek dussre ne cheer-2 ke manss khaweinge bhai........kyunki janwar te saare kha gire arr dharti pe building bann jyangi.....dekhte jao aagge-2...aadmi polybags mei harr size mei chemist ki dukaan mei milleinge....ha...ha..ha. EK 3 FOOT KA 12-13 SAAL KA CHHORA DIYE.....ha...ha...ha.........Ek tazza balak chahiye.....ha...ha..ha. HEy bhagwaan....ya aadhunikta insaaniyat ka kho sei bhai.

positivelook
March 3rd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Deswal sir

Well u have given the answers of all questions which i raised and the attempt is really good but let me tell u in first line that when u r pointing me abt my living in australia even i m not here for forever and i love my village and i lived in my village too so if i came to australia than i think i did my best( i find all my ways by my own my parents still dont know how i applied and all things i did). Now come to next thing that when u all know that u cant stop all this than why we are raising our voice here.
Next thing abt Rozgar is that u are saying that land produces everything which i m agree but aajkal Zameen reh kitni rahi hai. Gaon mein kissi ke ek killa hai kise ka 2 so is these 1-2 acre is sufficient to cover all the expenses i dont think so but i think if they get 40-50 lakh in lumsum by selling land than they can get 60-70 thousand intrest every year on this money (according to bank rates) and plus they can work anywhwere so the totall income if comes to around 1 lakh per annum than one household can live reasonable life in a village plus they have 40-50 lakh in bank.
Baaki aapkee baton mein jo prem jhalak raha hai matrbhoomi ke liye mein uska aadar karta hoon.

Well i think we should'nt be worry at this stage. Ek baat aur sir agar ebb app socho ho akk wahi din pher aa jyaan jab log katthee ho Lamni karya karte, inkh boya karte, maa yah dadi subah uthaka doodh bloya karti arr aap chulhe aage baith ka nooni ghee dhar kae roti khaya karte, tau-kaka har ka hukka gudgudaya karta woh din toh i think mushkil wapis awenge. (even i miss all these things)

Abhimanyu Phougat

radhikachhillar
March 3rd, 2006, 01:42 PM
Bhai "Positivelook",

We are also looking positively but are also looking at negative aspects of something which is going to affect the very land in which we are born. This is a nice debate and we are all contributing to it. But since you have written "why u are" at a couple of places, I am explaining it ad seriatem.

Its good now Farmers are getting this much of money for there land. Now they can enjoy all the luxurios things like car, mobile phones etc. So whts wrong in this. Bhai, yo "money" ki definition kya hai? Read Economics - 'Money', is not paper-money, its real meaning is 'Wealth' and agricultural land is the real wealth - it is 'dharti mata' which gives us water and food. If the cultivable land is snatched, what will they do? Is there a guarantee that factories on that land will give employment to youngmen of those villages? I will be a scene like Maruti in Gurgaon where most of the labour is from other states - not from the neighbouring villages of Gurgaon.

Why u all are talking abt this and can i ask all u a question that if u people really think abt our agriculture land and all these things than why u people are sitting abroad or Delhi or Mumbai instead of living on ur own village : I am not sitting abroad, I have been forced to go abroad because of the transfer policy. And it is not a life-long posting. One dare not ask a fauji sitting on Siachin glacier - why are you sitting there? I have earlier served in difficult places too - like Pakistan. And yes, after retirement, I would certainly live in my village. (By the way, you are also sitting abroad).

I give it a fair go and if this land is selling than for sure there will be more industries where people can work : It is true that industries will provide jobs. But as stated above, to whom? The local people will suffer as there is no guarantee.

and why u people are forgetting that India is going through a change and all things have to change in near future may be in 15 yrs or so. : Change has to take place and nobody can stop it. None is against change but that change should be for a good purpose and not for a catastrophe where an entire area suddenly finds itself in the grip of crime, pollution, water shortage and host of other such things. The examples of Delhi's villages is in front of us. Change should take place but there should be a guarantee that land on both side of railway line and highway will remain intact and will be sold only for agricultural purposes.

Why we people always worried abt all that old stuff now its new century so dont think that everything will be same like as it was before : What is that 'old stuff'? Fresh air, ground water, milk, vegetables etc. is "Old stuff"? Yes, everything will not be same and this is the cause of worry for all of us.

I feel if we all can provide better education to our childrens and give them good guidance than they can work in and than they dont need agricultural land: You "feel" and we also "feel" - everyone has the right to feel. What is "better education"? Does each and every child need to go to Australia, USA and elsewhere to get "better education"? "They can work" - where? Dont think that IT sector will provide jobs for ever. It is a bubble which will go-off after some time. Agriculture sector has been the largest job-provider in India since the beginning of human civilisation. Each and every nation requires agricultural land. Are eatables produced in factories? Factories can only reprocess the food and not really grow it.

When i gone through a survey Indias 40% of agricultural land will convert in to concrete upto 2020. We cant stop this and if u really want to stop anything stop Population and other social evils : That would be a very bad day when 40% of our precious agricultural land will convert into concrete jungle. I do not want to comment further. And population - Australia does not have this problem. Our annual population increase is equal to entire Australia's population. And that is why we want that our agricultural land should remain intact to feed that population. India has so much of barren land where industrial activity can flourish, without touching the fertile areas near Delhi. And yes, population increase is a natural process and "we" Jatlanders alone cannot stop it - government alone cannot stop it - only nature will stop it some day. It does not mean and we are in favour of rapid growth of population.

Aur samay ke saath badalna chahiye - sabko - Plan banaane walon ko bhi. Supreme Court had to intervene to remove factories from localities in Delhi. This is the worst case of bad planning. When other countries make such plans, they see beyond 100 years, they take due care that such planning should not destroy their lakes, mountains and other natural resources. Switzerland is the best example of this - they have preserved their lakes and natural beauty and are earning through tourism.

Very well brought out sir. It is going to hurt pppl emotionally a great deal when Rohtak will be called Jamnadas bajaj nagar or smthin like dat.

lakra2002
March 4th, 2006, 10:06 PM
hi every buddy

me sochu hu ki yo topic bahut badiya tham sab thik kahvo ho ki mahre badya ne ya darti kukar kukar baniyi hai har log ib inhe bech bech ke rapiya ne darubazi aur aish me udde dege te age an ali new generatio ka ke hoga bhai sahab ne thik kaha he ki asli dhan kagaz ka na ota asli dhan te zamin jayada ka e ho se aur usne ib log bech ke khan lag re se te age ke hoga darti kame rabad te se na jo badh jagi . arr ya nue bache gaye te age age log nazz ne , panni ne ,aur aur te aur hawa ne bhi tarse ge ku bina khet ke khann ne kitte ayaga. .aur ib te isa julm hara se ki kai zanga te chori bhi apna haisa mangan lagi kyu rate badhe pache unne bhi lalach aare se . asal me yo rapiya e sari naas ki zaad ho se ho sai ke nahi bhaiyo.

acha dev sahab apka ek be pher sukriya is topic ne chedan ka

thanks every buddy which connecet by jatland.com

keep it up

dndeswal
March 4th, 2006, 10:59 PM
I have seen posts of Abhimanyu bhai (3rd March) and Dinesh bhai (4 March). Both are right. So long as Land Acquisition Act is in force, a Kisan cannot challenge in the court that his land should not be acquired. So, the higher compensation should be given to him. He is also right that old days will never come back again.

Dinesh is also right - when land is sold, Kisans find it difficult to invest the money properly and there are tussles between brothers and sisters. In Haryana, daughters too have share in father's property. And this discussion is about such problems only. It is true that simply by our discussions, problems will not be solved. But not only we, the villagers of these areas are worried about the future generations. And we are discussing about that 'chinta' only. Let us express our views - though circumstances may not be in our control. This is a useful thread, compared to the one in "Current Affairs" forum - "Widows marriages".