PDA

View Full Version : can we!!!

ugehlot
November 21st, 2003, 08:25 AM
i was wondering if we all could create a directory of people in various professions.(engineers, doctors, research, MBAs, etc...so that people seeking guidance can get in touch with the right people...obviously the folks on the list should want volunteer...the list should be visible on the career forum and not get lost as the new posts are made daily....

i had a feeling that sometimes very specific information on the career forum gets lost....it is just a thought...i dont know if am being clear...

cheers

upender

bmalikb
November 21st, 2003, 09:29 AM
I think that would be a great idea. Maybe Nitin can help...

dkumar
November 21st, 2003, 11:30 AM
It's really a great thought and I believe nitin would be able to find time out of busy schedule to make it happen:)

scsheorayan
November 21st, 2003, 02:48 PM
That is a good and practical idea which can be useful to all members. Let us do it. Thanks Upender for this idea.

anilkc
November 22nd, 2003, 12:02 AM
well..this topic has been discussed before..and everyone agreed to it..buti dont know where it standas today...

http://www.jatland.com/cgi-bin/ub/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=4&TID=5644&P=1&SID=3483#ID13

ugehlot
November 22nd, 2003, 06:46 AM
Well...since everyone is suggesting that Nitin might help..i would request him for his viewpoints...now he is a investment banker I am not sure he would have the time to give this a push....

what say you....

upender

dahbal
November 22nd, 2003, 12:45 PM
Great idea...

-Balraj

ndahiya
November 23rd, 2003, 01:00 AM
Hi!!

I am not sure of the technical implementation of it, esp if we want to integrate it with the current member directory...

The other thread refered to a business directory, but that can only be stand alone (not integrated with the members area)...

It is possible to implement this feature when we upgrade the member area software, but in most likelihood we will not be able to transfer the current member area content onto it, and hence the reluctance to change the software.

So, this remains one on the to-do list...

Nitin

ugehlot
November 23rd, 2003, 01:44 AM
nitin...thanks for sharing your thougts...it would be wonderful whenever the software is upgraded ....mean while lets make best use of this great resource currently available....

cheers,

upender

bargoti10
January 16th, 2004, 04:58 PM
this is wonderful idea. All members should contribute to shape your dream. if any thing is to be reqd. from my side then pl. let me know.
With best wishes
sushil

dabassuraj
January 17th, 2004, 06:20 PM
we can !! Only initiative required.