PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Is Dangerous

choudharyneelam
March 5th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Nicotine
Nicotine is a powerful insecticide and poisonous for the nervous systems. Furthermore, there is enough (50 mg) in four cigarettes to kill a man in just a few minutes if it were injected directly into the bloodstream. Indeed, fatalities have occurred with children after they had swallowed cigarettes or cigarette butts.
When diluted in smoke, nicotine reaches the brain in just seven seconds, it stimulates the brain cells and then blocks the nervous impulse. This is where addiction to tobacco arises. Nicotine also causes accelerated heart rate, but at the same time it leads to contracting and hardening of the arteries: the heart pumps more but receives less blood. The result is twice as many coronary attacks. Nicotine thus also increases the consumption of lipids (which is why it has a weight-loss effect) and induces temporary hyperglycaemia (hence the appetite suppressing effect).

Carbon monoxide (CO)
This is the asphyxiating gas produced by cars, which makes up 1.5% of exhaust fumes. But smokers inhaling cigarette smoke breathe in 3.2% carbon monoxide - and directly from the source.
Oxygen is mostly transported in blood by haemoglobin. When we smoke, however, the carbon monoxide attaches itself to the haemoglobin 203 times more quickly than oxygen does, thereby displacing the oxygen; this in turn asphyxiates the organism. This causes the following cardiovascular complaints: narrowing of the arteries, blood clots, arteritis, gangrene, heart attack, etc. . . . but also a loss of reflexes and visual and mental problems. It takes between six and 24 hours for the carbon monoxide to leave the blood system.

Irritants
These substances paralyse and then destroy the cilia of the bronchial tubes, responsible for filtering and cleaning the lungs. They slow down respiratory output and irritate the mucus membranes, causing coughs, infections and chronic bronchitis.

Tars
As the cilia are blocked (see paragraph above), the tars in the cigarette smoke are deposited and collect on the walls of the respiratory tract and the lungs, and cause them to turn black. So, just because a smoker is not coughing, it doesn't mean that he or she is healthy! And this fact merely serves to pour water on one of the most common and poorest excuses given by smokers. The carcinogenic action of the tars is well known: they are responsible for 95% of lung cancers. It takes two days at least after cessation of smoking for the cilia to start functioning properly again, albeit only gradually. By smoking one packet of cigarettes every day, a smoker is pouring a cupful of these tars into his or her lungs every year (225 grams on average)!

Chemistry of Tobacco Smoke
No less than 4000 irritating, suffocating, dissolving, inflammable, toxic, poisonous, carcinogenic gases and substances and even radioactive compounds (nickel, polonium, plutonium, etc.) have been identified in tobacco smoke. Some of these are listed hereafter: Benzopyrene, dibenzopyrene, benzene, isoprene, toluene (hydorcarbons); naphthylamines; nickel, polonium, plutonium, arsenic, cadmium (metallic constituents); carbon dioxide, methane, ammonia, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide,
hydrogen sulphide (gases); methyl alcohol, éthanol, glycerol or glycerine, glycol (alcohols and esters); acetaldehyde, acrolein, acetone (aldehydes and ketones); cyanhydric or prussic acid, carboxyl derivatives (acids); chrysene, pyrrolidine, nicoteine, nicotinine, nicoteline, nornicotine, nitrosamines (alkaloids or bases); cresol (phenols), etc.
Now let's see how many of you can quit it....it's not difficult to do that if you make up your mind....rest is all your choice whether you like to go to hell or like to enjoy this beautiful life.

devdahiya
March 5th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Very timely and sensible thread. Thanx Neelam bebe.....It is a slow poison which ruins people.Jats are habitual smokers in general and need to understand the harmful effects of this monster. Good topic indeed!

downtoearth
March 5th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Now let's see how many of you can quit it....it's not difficult to do that if you make up your mind....rest is all your choice whether you like to go to hell or like to enjoy this beautiful life.
;) ;) ;) ;) 80% smokers die,, as do rest of 20 % ......:p :p ,,, nway,, good stuff

choudharyneelam
March 6th, 2006, 06:53 AM
;) ;) ;) ;) 80% smokers die,, as do rest of 20 % ......:p :p ,,, nway,, good stuff

Now i didn't get in what sense you've taken this....i also know that everyone will surely die one day but the thing is...what way that person would like to live his/her life....today even few girls have addicted to this bad habbit.

rajeshrathee
March 6th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Now i didn't get in what sense you've taken this....i also know that everyone will surely die one day but the thing is...what way that person would like to live his/her life....today even few girls have addicted to this bad habbit.

U r right Neelam ji
A person will get that in his/her life, what he has put in. Even today u may see a 70 year old, who is very fit and at the same time 30/40 years old, who may look like much older.

sunitahooda
March 6th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Aatein yo kaam karys sai tanne....manne lage jee na laag rya tha tera bi Jatland bina hisar mein.....gagu...gagu....gagu:D :) ;) :p

choudharyneelam
March 7th, 2006, 07:25 AM
U r right Neelam ji
A person will get that in his/her life, what he has put in. Even today u may see a 70 year old, who is very fit and at the same time 30/40 years old, who may look like much older.

Exactly...i too have observed such things....have seen my own classmates.

jagmohan
March 7th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Bhai, Kyon daraoo soo... Hum te kade kade ek aadha sutta mar liya karte, ib tam isne bhi chhud-va-ooge.

Bhai baat te buri se par kai ek or bimarii sein jo jyada khatarnak sein. Jaise ki jhoot bolnaa, neglecting girl child, sharab pee ke gahr valee ko ya apne Maa Baap ko peetnaa, saare din thaalee baith ke tash khelna, chugalkhori, chori, saas bahu ke lath rakhe ar bahu saas ke, apne sage sambandhiyon se bigad ke rakhnee, dahej lena or denaa vagera vagera....

Ek adhaa sutta maran mein kisi ka ke jaa se...

downtoearth
March 7th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Bhai, Kyon daraoo soo... Hum te kade kade ek aadha sutta mar liya karte, ib tam isne bhi chhud-va-ooge. hehehehe,, jagmohan uncle,,, katti 100/ 100 baat keh di,,,:D :D :D :D

sunitahooda
March 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Rups tu tai nuay DHOOMMA thata mariye....gagu @ dhoomma

hehehehe,, jagmohan uncle,,, katti 100/ 100 baat keh di,,,:D :D :D :D

dahiyarules
March 7th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I have tried smoking just for the heck of it. And it makes the world around me revolve at 12000 rpm. I dont know how long nicotine takes to reach my brain, but it spoils the taste in my mouth instantly. It smells worse than public toilets. At the end of it all, it renders me wasted for the rest of the day. And finally, the biggest reason not to smoke: your girlfriend wont kiss you. :D

Scientific reasons apart, these reasons were good enough to convince me not to smoke.

radhikachhillar
March 7th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I have tried smoking just for the heck of it. And it makes the world around me revolve at 12000 rpm. I dont know how long nicotine takes to reach my brain, but it spoils the taste in my mouth instantly. It smells worse than public toilets. At the end of it all, it renders me wasted for the rest of the day. And finally, the biggest reason not to smoke: your girlfriend wont kiss you. :D

Scientific reasons apart, these reasons were good enough to convince me not to smoke.

I cudn't agree more......smoking sucks.

choudharyneelam
March 8th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Bhai, Kyon daraoo soo... Hum te kade kade ek aadha sutta mar liya karte, ib tam isne bhi chhud-va-ooge.

Bhai baat te buri se par kai ek or bimarii sein jo jyada khatarnak sein. Jaise ki jhoot bolnaa, neglecting girl child, sharab pee ke gahr valee ko ya apne Maa Baap ko peetnaa, saare din thaalee baith ke tash khelna, chugalkhori, chori, saas bahu ke lath rakhe ar bahu saas ke, apne sage sambandhiyon se bigad ke rakhnee, dahej lena or denaa vagera vagera....

Ek adhaa sutta maran mein kisi ka ke jaa se...

Ok i do agree that there are many more worst things than this in the society....but if you'll keep your thinking like this then you are adding one more worst thing...isn't it?

anilmhm
March 8th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Ok i do agree that there are many more worst things than this in the society....but if you'll keep your thinking like this then you are adding one more worst thing...isn't it?right neelam just writing on jatland not enough good so carry ur fight against evil in our socity, doing smoking well in meting place in village but that only huka which is less dangerious, so lets start acompaingen on jat land. smoker are not allowed

choudharyneelam
March 9th, 2006, 07:16 AM
right neelam just writing on jatland not enough good so carry ur fight against evil in our socity, doing smoking well in meting place in village but that only huka which is less dangerious, so lets start acompaingen on jat land. smoker are not allowed

Good Anil...atleast i found one who will not get addicted to this bad habbit..may be others also will get changed...thanks for joining hand

devdahiya
March 9th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Good Anil...atleast i found one who will not get addicted to this bad habbit..may be others also will get changed...thanks for joining hand

Never go near this death warrant is my take.........Those who are at it must say good bye immediately and those who are away from this deadly habit must not even think of smoking ever....Please avoid at all costs.

shailendra
April 5th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Neelam, my compliments for starting a very-very good thread...I only came across it now, surfing the old threads and am surprised how I missed it earlier!...Anyways; better late than never.....

Hazard's of smoking! ....Well, it's almost like we know it is there but wanna pretend that it is not there!!!...

I personally have seen that prolonged smoking can lead to a lung condition that is called 'Emphysema' (look it up on the net, people; specially the ones that are smoking)...this condition can occur EVEN AFTER you quit! (of course, after first having really already gone at the habit with a vengence!)...

In this condition the lungs really detoriate and one is rendered almost breathless even with small physical exertions. Extreme cases have had to use external oxygen suppliments (thru Oxygen cylinders/equipments) for example; some hours of the day (or even all the time in the extremist of cases!)...since the lungs are now no more capable to provide the body the requied amount of Oxygen (O2 deficiency that can lead to less blood and thickening of the existing one in the veins!)...It is found that most of the smokers are walking candidates for this..........This condition can go on for long but usually turns fatal!

Anyways; long story short; youngsters keep away from the habit (it may make you look cool infront of peers, but there are other better ways to look cool without having to kill yourself for it!)....and anyothers that already indulge in it (even sparingly for that matter; kick it before it kicks you!)

That is my ernest and scincerest of advise..........

poonam
April 6th, 2006, 02:54 AM
I personally have seen that prolonged smoking can lead to a lung condition that is called '[B]Emphysema' (look it up on the net, people; specially the ones that are smoking)...

Not just that, Smoking may also lead to various types of cancers including Lung Cancer!

choudharyneelam
April 6th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Neelam, my compliments for starting a very-very good thread...I only came across it now, surfing the old threads and am surprised how I missed it earlier!...Anyways; better late than never.....

Hazard's of smoking! ....Well, it's almost like we know it is there but wanna pretend that it is not there!!!...

I personally have seen that prolonged smoking can lead to a lung condition that is called 'Emphysema' (look it up on the net, people; specially the ones that are smoking)...this condition can occur EVEN AFTER you quit! (of course, after first having really already gone at the habit with a vengence!)...

In this condition the lungs really detoriate and one is rendered almost breathless even with small physical exertions. Extreme cases have had to use external oxygen suppliments (thru Oxygen cylinders/equipments) for example; some hours of the day (or even all the time in the extremist of cases!)...since the lungs are now no more capable to provide the body the requied amount of Oxygen (O2 deficiency that can lead to less blood and thickening of the existing one in the veins!)...It is found that most of the smokers are walking candidates for this..........This condition can go on for long but usually turns fatal!

Anyways; long story short; youngsters keep away from the habit (it may make you look cool infront of peers, but there are other better ways to look cool without having to kill yourself for it!)....and anyothers that already indulge in it (even sparingly for that matter; kick it before it kicks you!)

That is my ernest and scincerest of advise..........

good advice shailendra...hope everyone understand it and try to bring this good change in his/her life.