PDA

View Full Version : Need Guidance of the experts

bargoti10
December 3rd, 2003, 11:50 AM
The undersigned is working as a Sr. Mgr(Tech.)
in Govt. U/T & possessing
BE(Civil),DCM,DLL&AL,MBA(marketing).
The overall exposure is 18 Yrs. Since there is move of Privatisation hence thinking to switch over to new job after opting VRS.
In addition to this my wife Mrs. Rashmi bargoti is also working as a PGT/lecturer Phy. in DAV Delhi. she is possessing BSC,BED,MSC,MPHIL(PHY) with 10 yrs. experience. She was rank holder & had achieved exemplary success in extra curricular activities/Published work etc.her name is also published in NCERT-XI Std.(phy)-CBSE
We are having two kids studying in ix & vii.
Can any body Guide us in settling abroad.

sushil kumar

scsheorayan
December 3rd, 2003, 03:27 PM
Settling abroad may be good option for you at this stage in your life. Your children will certainly have better prospects but you should be prepared to struggle initially. Getting teaching jobs in countries like Australia,canada,UK,NZ, USA should be relatively simple once you get there. Your age may be seen unfavourable criteria in some countries like Australia where over 40 find it harder to get in to work force. But the whole country is aging though. Should you require any specific information about Australia or Canada please feel free to ask. Good luck.

bargoti10
December 3rd, 2003, 03:34 PM
Respected Shyoran sahab!
Thanks for your prompt reply.Can u suggest the right approach(Procedure) for getting admission in MBBS in australia or canada for our kids so that necessary preparation can be started now itself.My ward is in class IX.
Regards
Sushil

birbal
December 3rd, 2003, 05:38 PM
The immigration for Canada is certain for you as the upper age limit in Canada is 49 years as opposed to 40 years in Australia. However, the waiting list for Canadian immigration is now at least two years. I can also tell you things I know from other people's experiences.

If you come to Canada your wife is certain to get at least a (well paid) school teaching job as there is a shortage of math and science teachers in Canada and USA. You might have read in papers a couple of months ago that American schools are hiring teachers directly from India. Your children will have good opportunities of low cost higher education in Canada. However, you may have a tough time finding a professional position. I have known several cases in this situation where the wife gets a decent job but the husband can not get a job suitable for his qualification and it leads to serious social problems. But I know few cases where the husband started a small business and adjusted to reality. I do not know how things are in Australia.

Infomation about Canadian immigration is easily available at http://www.gc.ca/

Birbal Singh

kkporia
December 4th, 2003, 03:39 AM
I think immigration to Australia is not a bad idea because your wife can be main applicant and whole process is around 15 months (currently fastest among all other countries ). Your whole family directly get Permanent resident(PR) status. You enjoy free education (till 12th yr) and medicare (whole life). Total cost comes around 1.4 Lacs(all members) if you go thru consultant. If you need any help, can write me at kkporia@yahoo.com

bargoti10
December 4th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Respected Sir!(Shri Bir bal singh, sahab)
It gives me great pleasure & feels proud of my community members who are still helping & guiding their colleagues. I do not mind if my wife is settled first because I also can utilise my inherent pottentials. i shall be highly obliged if u could guide further for getting teaching Job. I can attach the detail CV of the undersigned as well as of my wife for your ready reference & review enabling us to have your expert comments,as we can analyse & may take appropriate step.
Further you may like to note that my uncle Dr.O.P.Rajora(cousin of my father) is well settled in canada.However I donot want to burden him with our Liabilities. That is why if any one of us get the job then only we will like to move to canada. I belong to sound family & background But side by side I have motto to achieve Best.
Pl.convey our Best regards to all of your family members.
Best regards
Sushil

bargoti10
December 4th, 2003, 10:54 AM
shri KK Poria sahab
Thanks again! I have never imagined that I will get overwhelmed response that too very fast especially from my community members.
Really I feel proud of u people. I want to know u are Poonia or Poria.
my personal e-mail address is:

bargoti10@rediffmail.com

I need your guidance . Hence pl. let me know the appropriate channel.
Regards
sushil

scsheorayan
December 4th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Dear Sushil,

Getting admission in MBBS is easier than India I think. Now a days admission is after graduation in any discipline and then 4 years course. The same applies for dentistry. There may be other courses in which your children may be more interested after learning about local work place scenario. Application procedure is straight forward and teachers do get jobs quickly here also. However class room situation may not be comparable to India especially in High School where discipline is a bit of problem some times.
But it all depends on teacher and the class ofcourse. Should you require further information please feel free to ask. Good luck!

birbal
December 4th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Sushil,

The immigration process to Canada is fairly straightforward. The only thing is the waiting list which is growing and so it is better to apply as soon as possible. The information is on the website http://www.gc.ca/ and you click English, then click services for non-Canadians, and you read all the details of the point system for immigration. From your description you meet the requirements very clearly.

On the same website you can get the list of all High Commissions including New Delhi and information about application.

I was not trying to discourage you but giving my experience in such cases. In the past year I have dealt with 3 cases of Jat bhais I helped and 2 were success and third was not. In the third case, where both husband and wife had professional qualifications, the wife got professional job and the husband could not. After about 6 months they went back to India. The other two are doing fine.

The credentials for your wife have to be evaluated by provincial ministry of education and I know from what you described that she will get her teaching certification in Canada.

Good luck.

Birbal Singh