PDA

View Full Version : Jats And The State Of Their Education In North India

amalkumar
March 6th, 2006, 11:17 PM
DEAR FRIENDS

Your views are invited on this concurrent issue. I shall myself be regularly contributing to this thread. Regards

07-03-2006
Dear Friends

Jats have had a glorious record in the annals of Indian History. A community known for its raw culture and tough ways of living has contributed tremendously to the areas where people do not easily venture into. Most of the war heroes in our struggle either during British Rule or even our skirmishes, battles and wars after independence have been from among Jats. I do not undermine the contribution of other communities but our armed forces have thousands of honours because of this community.

Northern India, where Jat community has been living since ages,is also an important educational hub with all the facilities of general, medical, technical and other types of education available next door. The upcoming and opening of self financed institutions in North India has really changed the complete educational scenario in North India.

Now, my question is how much our community is able to take advantage of this changing times and scenario. Whether our children who are hopes of future able to tap this new found resources or are we missing the bus because of certain laxity. That is basically my concern. It is a moot point and would definitely like to hear from persons who are concerned.

Amal Kumar