PDA

View Full Version : Legal advice or help needed regarding a case

dahbal
December 4th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Hi All,

One of my close friend is working in Housing Loan branch of HDFC Bank.He is working there for last three months.But he didn't get salary till yet and also he didn't get appointment letter.He asked his boss regarding this but his boss is not behaving properly.There are 8 more employees in same branch having same problems and not getting 'salary + incentive'.Also his boss fired 4-5 peoples without giving their salary.
One more thing he is harasing the woman and saying he can do whatever he like.

This branch was setup 4 months back in Cannaught Place.These employees did a very good business due that this branch was on top rank in last quarter.

Can anybody give me the legal advice or steps or labour law against that branch manager or HDFC Bank?

I need urgent help regarding this case.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

uday
December 4th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Case will become weak if employees don't have any appointment letter. .

Somehow these people should have some legal proof that they are working as a Bla.. Bla... employee to that bank..

First know the pro's and con's of law regarding this case. Better consult an advocate who looks after only "legal matters".

Can give an writen complaint to Labour commissioner of that area. HDFC wale to ghar aa kar tankha de jayenge..

dahbal
December 4th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Hi Uday,

Thanks for nice reply.Some of them have appointment letters also.But they don't know how to fight this case against his boss.

Actully those employee submitted their documents but their boss didn't forward their documents to Mumbai head office.Only head office send appointment letter to each employee.

He promised that you'll get appointment letter in 15 days after joining the job.But even he didn't get after 3 months.

I don't know where is the problem or who is responsible for that?

I send this mail on jatland because may be someone of us is an advocate and will give some right direction.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

Uday Dahiya (Dec 04, 2003 05:50 a.m.):
Case will become weak if employees don't have any appointment letter. .

Somehow these people should have some legal proof that they are working as a Bla.. Bla... employee to that bank..

First know the pro's and con's of law regarding this case. Better consult an advocate who looks after only "legal matters".

Can give an writen complaint to Labour commissioner of that area. HDFC wale to ghar aa kar tankha de jayenge..

scsheorayan
December 5th, 2003, 12:58 PM
An easier solution may be contacting Mumbai Head Office. It is worth a try.

dahbal
December 5th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Dear Uncleji,

Thanks for information.I also asked him to do the same.He also agreed for this action.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

Shubha Chand Sheorayan (Dec 05, 2003 02:28 a.m.):
An easier solution may be contacting Mumbai Head Office. It is worth a try.

scsheorayan
December 6th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Dear Balraj,

It is a pleasure to be of some assistance. There are other options which may not be as simple but in a democratic society like India I believe there are checks and balances for various kinds of exploitations. That is what it is. Exploitation. Banks like HDFC would certainly want to maintain responsible corporate image. Hope your friends get their satisfaction and hopefully keep their jobs. It is always desirable to start with a positive attitude and give other party also a room to negotiate. Don't make any threats or behave in any irresponsible way. Jobs are hard to come by and if they are happy there the matter should be resolved amicably as far as possible. There is no point in winning the war if you end up losing the battle.

Best of luck!

dahbal
December 6th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Dear Uncle ji,

Thanks for valuable suggestions.He has some proof like the attendence in register and some other formalities regarding the deposit of documents during joining this bank.

I asked him to take photocopy of all proof so that we can take the action on behalf of that proof.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

Shubha Chand Sheorayan (Dec 05, 2003 11:07 p.m.):
Dear Balraj,

It is a pleasure to be of some assistance. There are other options which may not be as simple but in a democratic society like India I believe there are checks and balances for various kinds of exploitations. That is what it is. Exploitation. Banks like HDFC would certainly want to maintain responsible corporate image. Hope your friends get their satisfaction and hopefully keep their jobs. It is always desirable to start with a positive attitude and give other party also a room to negotiate. Don't make any threats or behave in any irresponsible way. Jobs are hard to come by and if they are happy there the matter should be resolved amicably as far as possible. There is no point in winning the war if you end up losing the battle.

Best of luck!

raj2rif
December 9th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Dear Balraj Ji,
I am not a legal expert, but would like to share my views on this problem.
While there may not be an appointment letter, I am sure, this branch must be having some documentation proving that these employees are working there. Further, these employees must have signed some documents with the customers. They should gather all the evidences and then contact the media to expose this "boss". I am sure once exposed, these employees will get due justice. I strongly feel that these employees should collect all the evidences that they can to prove that they had been working there for that duration.