PDA

View Full Version : This is what one needs to do for Rural India

rkumar
March 14th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Dear Friends,

I wish to invite you all to look at the website of Society for Agro-Industrial Education in India;

http://www.ivcs.org.uk/default.htm

Please go through every section of the wesite and see how a poor farmer's sone has contributed to rural development in a very remote area of UP. I am certainly inspired by his dedicated work. I am sure some of our members will draw inspirations and commit themselves for some intense social work.

Rajendra

mukeshkumar007
March 16th, 2006, 03:56 PM
thanks for the link uncelji....

spdeshwal
March 17th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Rajenderji,

It is certainly the result of your ongoing hunger to do something for the poor peasants and purity of the dream of Rural development that you keep coming up articles and informatin on the subject.

No doubt that you have been inspired by the success story of Mukat Singh who did not forget his roots but become a messihah in his own way. He has not only done a great job for the development of his remote village but for the entire area.

Mukat should be feeling his dream as fullfilled when he would see the words from Basanti( 33, an illiterate women from his village), " This village is so much better than the one i came from. I feel safe here. There are good school for my childern and the scholarship to help them. I am also able to run a small dairy which is very important to our family's income as my hubands health is very poor".

Story of the first girl student of the Primary school opened by IVCS project in 1987 is also not less inspiring. Unable to marry because of cuvature of the spine caused by the chronic tuberculosis, she became a teacher in the primary school and eventually headmistress.

Now i would like to request Navin Bhai and Ramesh Lakra Bhai to visit Amarpurkashi which help them in shaping goals and activities of the 'Jat Jagriti'.

Rajenderji many many thanks for the link. I should also let you know that i could't stop from going through all the section of the site.

Sateypal

rkumar
March 17th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Though I am not sure, but I won't be surprised if Mr Mukut Singh turns out to be a Jat. I will try to visit the place next month and find out all details.

RK^2