PDA

View Full Version : A different career ?

anilkc
December 24th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Most of the postings I have seen in this forum is abt:
1) Getting admission into a non-indian instt
2) Getting a job

What abt something different ?
... A career as an entrepreneur ???

How many of us dream abt owing an business ?
Whats holding us back ?

e.g., after 5-10 yrs in cozy and highly paying IT jobs, how many have actually quit and attempted to started ones own company ?

rkumar
December 25th, 2003, 12:12 AM
anil chaudhary (Dec 24, 2003 11:50 a.m.):
Most of the postings I have seen in this forum is abt:
1) Getting admission into a non-indian instt
2) Getting a job

What abt something different ?
... A career as an entrepreneur ???

How many of us dream abt owing an business ?
Whats holding us back ?

e.g., after 5-10 yrs in cozy and highly paying IT jobs, how many have actually quit and attempted to started ones own company ?

Dear Anil,

There was a very famous Poet called Ghagh who wrote about rushty Indian commonsense. There is a poem by him;

Uttam Kheti, madhyam baan
Nisidh chaakri, Bheekh Nidaan

To me this gives a good laddar of professional evolution. Doing our own work is certainly a step or two above working for some one else. It takes lot more confidence and not so much of skills to become entrepreneur. One needs a much bigger dream which is usually liked to an appetite to a higher and more powerful place in society. Though most of us have this appetite or hunger, but not all have the guts to carry it to logical conclusion. Converting dreams into reality is what an entrepreneur is all about. Driving force comes from within and one has to sustain this force till one succeeds.

Rajendra

vivek
December 25th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Conventional wisdom is that Jat ki buddhi business may kaam nahi karti. Jo chavanni paisa kamaya hua hai...wo bhi lut jayega.

anilkc
December 25th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Just wondering....how many from this forum are member of or attended tie.
www.tie.org

ishwarlamba
December 26th, 2003, 01:49 AM
Hi Anil,
I am a TIE member. Attended 2003 TIE conference in Sydney, attended by Kawal Rekhi and other TIE speakers. Also in July 2003 visited Silicon Valley USA and met many TIE directors including two successful jats there.
regards
Ishwar Lamba
----------------------------------
Just wondering....how many from this forum are member of or attended tie.
www.tie.org[/quote]

anilkc
December 26th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Can u share ur experience with TIE ? Ur insight may help/guide others here (including me).

Thanks

ramsarya
December 27th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Dear Vivek:
It is the conventional wisdom, old sayings and embedded ideas from childhood that probably is keeping us from being enterpreneurs in large numbers. This conventional wisdom is from times of Baniyas being traders & businessmen and all jats being farmers. Even in villages, the scene is changing slowly as more and more of us trying other professions because of paucity of farming land. From personal experience I can say that, at least outside India, business needs honesty and straight forwardness (our trade mark) as much as budhi. Lamba ji has written about some jat enterpreneurs already on this site before and I can say that every jat businessman or enterpreneur that I have met, is a successful person. So it is time to discard our conventinal wisdom and take a risk to follow our heart's desire.