PDA

View Full Version : SQA(Loadrunner,WinRunner,SilkTest,Rational ,SAP/ERP & .Net) testing

dahbal
January 14th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Hi All,

I am a software engineer and doing testing of UNIX and Linux operating system.As I found there is less scope of this testing in India.

Can anybody help me in learning Loadrunner,WinRunner,SilkTest,Rational,SAP & .Net testing).I means I need theorithical as well as practical knowledge?Any web-site or other source ??

Also I am interested to shift my role from testing to development role.

I want development job in area like C++/UNIX/Oracle.I only need entry in development rest I'll do myself.Problem is that I don't have enough development experience in this area.

Can anybody help me or give me some right direction because I get bored from testing job repeating same process again and again?
I am not satisfied with this job.

Suggestions and help are most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

anilkc
January 15th, 2004, 01:03 AM
The only way to learn these tool is to have access to them.
If its not in ur company, u have to go to a training instt.

Bhai aap testing se bore ho gaye, aur hum coding se.
writting the same if..then..else loop for(1) is not exciting. so i moved to testing and enjoying it so far. Maybe what u need is a change to a company with wider variety of products, technology and tools.

dahbal
January 15th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Hi Anil Bhai,

Thanks for reply .Where are you working now and which automation tools you are using in testing?

Is there any institute in Delhi or Noida giving training on above tools(Loadrunner,WinRunner,SilkTest,Rational ,SAP/ERP & .Net) and how much they are charging for this?

Can you send me mail at dahbal@hotmail.com and give me some good advice?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Balraj

anil chaudhary (Jan 14, 2004 02:33 p.m.):
The only way to learn these tool is to have access to them.
If its not in ur company, u have to go to a training instt.

Bhai aap testing se bore ho gaye, aur hum coding se.
writting the same if..then..else loop for(1) is not exciting. so i moved to testing and enjoying it so far. Maybe what u need is a change to a company with wider variety of products, technology and tools.

anilkc
January 15th, 2004, 10:54 PM
I dont know where in delhi u can learn these.
As a test engg u have to write a lot of code too.
Its better if u start by learning some scripting language like perl, tcl/tk, expect, windows script, c shell script etc. These u can download from web for free.

Here is one free windows automation tool to play or use:
http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

Rather than making urself a tool programmer, its better to 1st decide in which tech area u want to be. Do u want to test routers and switches or windows program or web or erp etc etc. Once u have decided on it then choose a tool u want to expertise in.

rohit82
December 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Hi All,

I am a software engineer and doing testing of UNIX and Linux operating system.As I found there is less scope of this testing in India.

Can anybody help me in learning Loadrunner,WinRunner,SilkTest,Rational,SAP & .Net testing).I means I need theorithical as well as practical knowledge?Any web-site or other source ??

Also I am interested to shift my role from testing to development role.

I want development job in area like C++/UNIX/Oracle.I only need entry in development rest I'll do myself.Problem is that I don't have enough development experience in this area.

Can anybody help me or give me some right direction because I get bored from testing job repeating same process again and again?
I am not satisfied with this job.

Suggestions and help are most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

hi Balraj

Today All most every IT industry wants to improve their QA/Testing Deptt..and I think u very well know about CMM level....of a company ...

To get CMM5 level Also QA/Testing Deptt plays an important role....

Today if u see in any in industry ...there is very less core development exists in a software project....i mean to say that 90% code is readymade...Now only maintance and Testing Play a big role in a project...

As u have studied SWLDC ie Software Development Life cycle...
Coding Plays a 20% part of a project....and testing more than 30....and whole QA More than 50 %

so i suggest u to remain in testing and do some Courses in Automation Testing ... and then there r a lots and lots of oppurtunities r there..
eg Accenture hires Very much of Qa /Testers and many more...Even all CMM5 levels Companies Hires .... the ratio of testers and Programmers in a CMM5 Level company is 1:3 i.e one tester is provided for 3 programmers...

Well balraj Suno sab ki par karo mann ki....
so if u r interested in Development then try....u will sure got a gud oppertunity.....

Best wishes

rajeshrathee
December 26th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Balraj bhai call me