PDA

View Full Version : The Most ----- Movie/Book of all Times

vinodks
March 24th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Inspired by the other posts and priti's satirical fashion(in dare-bare)...in the true tradition of being a copy cat...

1) There has been a recent trend in our [hindi] cinema of making BAD movies... I think, along with discussion on best movies, its also important to discuss most boring/uncreatrive movie of all time... After we are done with what to watch, lets go over what not to watch... so plz lets know the worst movie you have watched... the worst movies I watched recently was "Mane Pyar Kyun Kiya?"... after watching I thought "Mane movie kyun dekha?"...

2) I also wanted to start serious discussion on most sensual book you have read and most sensual movie you have watched. Main character in "A Portrait of Artist as a Young Man" raises a fundamental question in literary critism "Is eroticism an art?"... well, don't about visual media but even serious people tend to consider written media a part of art... so in that case its shd be fine to discuss it...

Most of such books I read didn't have cover pages or I forget their names because they all had similar names... in our hostel we used to buy books from dump stores(raddi ki dukan) with price like 10Rs/200gm... it also included old magezines with drawings/pictures to help in visualization... books in hindi had their unique style too... while trying to improve English, friends suggested to read Debonoir becuz it serves double purpose (english of magazine is pretty good)... later on visual media took over the written one... thats how art got murdered:))... the most sensual movie I remember(there are better ones but I can't recollect their name or they didn't have any name) is Basic Instinct... and you know 2nd part is coming soon... so keep your fingers crossed to see Sharon Stone with legs crossed :-))...

I know this post belongs to "time-pass" section but I don't know how to move a post there... if anybody knows plz do it.

-Vinod

ratheetheraist
March 25th, 2006, 02:29 AM
uff time waste bi kyun karwawe saii khagadd........kiiimme likhaann kaa jee nahi kar ryaa..........parr ke karun..........priti ki nakal karann chaalyaa thaa............hahahahah.........paddyaa naa khopdii ke ball...............hahahha...........booj le ibb ke kitabb booje saii.........hahhaah

vinodks
March 25th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Meri samajh mein nahi aa raha tujhe hansi kyun aa rahi hai?... pagla gya hai kya?...

-vinod

uff time waste bi kyun karwawe saii khagadd........kiiimme likhaann kaa jee nahi kar ryaa..........parr ke karun..........priti ki nakal karann chaalyaa thaa............hahahahah.........paddyaa naa khopdii ke ball...............hahahha...........booj le ibb ke kitabb booje saii.........hahhaah

sjakhars
March 25th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Vinod bhai this is the reason nobody want to post anything on Jatland nowadays.
This is general talk and not humor section but you can see how this post is being changed in humor post.
I am feeling this all for a long time and thought that some respected and senior members would take some action and try to correct all this but nobody is coming forward.
Let me make a start.I know many stones wiil be coming towards me but still I would say what I want to say.

I urge all Jatlanders Please take some action to correct this.This site is losing its purpose. Mr. Nitin Dahiya's all hard work and the contribution of respected Jatlanders is being ruined.
I want to say please make some limitations and rules so we can see some healthy discussion again on Jatland. I am a member of this site since march 2005 and day by day the site is losing its learned, respected members and good thought provoking discussions and posts too. Those who are still here afraid to post in any section because the fate of the post will be same like Vinod's this post.
Mr.Ram phal Deswal said in a very popular post and I also want to say same.
This site is being changed to a humor site only.
Humor is part of life but its not everything.
Life is not ha..ha..ha.hi..hi..hi, kiillki and gagu.
There are many thing to take care of.

This post is not an offence to anbody.Please do not take it personal and think about it.

Regards.

P.S: My english is not good, if there are mistakes please do not make an issue.This post is not for english but for Jatland.

sansanwalamit
March 25th, 2006, 07:06 AM
while trying to improve English, friends suggested to read Debonoir becuz it serves double purpose (english of magazine is pretty good)...

-Vinod

This is really hillarious, many times I volunteer for ESL programs for newcomers in Canada. And I think I should incorporate this idea in the curriculum, not sure how it will be liked....kidding...
Ok coming to the most sensual movie, hmmmm its a tough call....hmmm the most recent one I would say was the "Original Sin" a must see for all the Angelina Jolie lovers, but dont expect it to be an artsy affair. Its erotica at its purest.
And amongst the most memorable ones, I think "Last Tango in Paris" and "Dreamers" both by Bernardo Bertolucci, David Lynch's "Lost Highway", and Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" did it for me, and they certainly have class.
And talking about sensuality sans nudity or erotica, I would suggest Woody Allen's "Stardust Memories", Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction", Scorsese's "The Age of Innocence", and Julie Christie's "Shampoo" and "Darling". Check out the women in these movies and you will know why I recommended these ones. ;)

Cheers,

vinodks
March 25th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I agree with you. I didn't know they made movie on "Age of Innocence"... I read it, the author Edith Wharton became first female to get pulitzer... it was very emotional piece... we cud add name "Poison Ivy" too... I heard about "Dressed to Kill" is also good, haven't seen it...
Anyway, I think my post was kind of unnecessary, anyway it's public forum, people discuss what they want and everybody is happy...

-vinod

This is really hillarious, many times I volunteer for ESL programs for newcomers in Canada. And I think I should incorporate this idea in the curriculum, not sure how it will be liked....kidding...
Ok coming to the most sensual movie, hmmmm its a tough call....hmmm the most recent one I would say was the "Original Sin" a must see for all the Angelina Jolie lovers, but dont expect it to be an artsy affair. Its erotica at its purest.
And amongst the most memorable ones, I think "Last Tango in Paris" and "Dreamers" both by Bernardo Bertolucci, David Lynch's "Lost Highway", and Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" did it for me, and they certainly have class.
And talking about sensuality sans nudity or erotica, I would suggest Woody Allen's "Stardust Memories", Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction", Scorsese's "The Age of Innocence", and Julie Christie's "Shampoo" and "Darling". Check out the women in these movies and you will know why I recommended these ones. ;)

Cheers,

sansanwalamit
March 25th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I agree with you. I didn't know they made movie on "Age of Innocence"... I read it, the author Edith Wharton became first female to get pulitzer... it was very emotional piece... we cud add name "Poison Ivy" too... I heard about "Dressed to Kill" is also good, haven't seen it...
Anyway, I think my post was kind of unnecessary, anyway it's public forum, people discuss what they want and everybody is happy...

-vinod

Why did u call this post unnecessary, are u actually succumbing to peer pressure..........sorry to say but what a waste of all this education and reading:( I take all my appreciation for u and this post back .....

Cheers:)

P.S. Posion Ivy was good but was targeted at somewhat more juvenile and teenagerish audience, and I am impressed to hear that "The Age of Innocence" was the first Pulitzer winner, it totally deserved it, alas it could not change an educated Jat's mind :(

vinodks
March 26th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Amit, may be you are right about me. But I was not apologetic, rather little disheartened.

-vinod

Why did u call this post unnecessary, are u actually succumbing to peer pressure..........sorry to say but what a waste of all this education and reading:( I take all my appreciation for u and this post back .....

Cheers:)

P.S. Posion Ivy was good but was targeted at somewhat more juvenile and teenagerish audience, and I am impressed to hear that "The Age of Innocence" was the first Pulitzer winner, it totally deserved it, alas it could not change an educated Jat's mind :(