PDA

View Full Version : Great opportunity for Senior NRI Scientists

rkumar
March 25th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Government of India has a special scheme for Indian scientists working in USA or Europe and those who wish to undertake some research projects in India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1658779,0008.htm

I am sure many of our Jatlanders can use this opportunity to do something back home in India. I have a feeling that even those who have just retired from services can apply and avail the scholarship. I am sure, travelling back and forth should not be a problem while on scholarship.

Rajendra

sindhu
March 26th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Very Nice move and thanks for sharing the information. I think more energetic brain can be attaracted by encouraging young people who are full with enthusiasm and eager to move back.

There use to be one scheme from CSIR for the young people who want to move back after spending some time in advanced laboratories. But the scheme is so old and compensation is so low that hardly anyone opts for that scheme these days. Hope it will also change soon

Thanks

A S Sindhu

dhandars
March 26th, 2006, 11:16 PM
that was really informative Mr. Rajendra.

thanks a lot for this update.

best wishes

poonam
March 31st, 2006, 08:06 AM
Good..Some incentive!!

And thanks for the information RK Chacha!

P.S. Impressive picture!

pcmot
April 8th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Thank u sir for this useful information. I am a Ph.D (chemistry) student and about to finish my work by the end of this year. I wanted to go for post doc in U.K. What r the basic requirements and route which i have to follow.I have three publication in reputed international journals. Will publication help in this respect???? Hope to receive your valuable suggestions........

with regards
poonam

rkumar
April 8th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Thank u sir for this useful information. I am a Ph.D (chemistry) student and about to finish my work by the end of this year. I wanted to go for post doc in U.K. What r the basic requirements and route which i have to follow.I have three publication in reputed international journals. Will publication help in this respect???? Hope to receive your valuable suggestions........

with regards
poonam

There is no fixed rule for PD fellowships. You have to get in touch with as many professors as possible who are working in the filed of your research. It all depends upon if they have the funds to support you and your work interests them. Write to as many as you can.

RK^2

pcmot
April 8th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Thank u once again 4 ur reply. i will get in touch with u for further assistance.

poonam

pcmot
April 8th, 2006, 03:34 PM
There is no fixed rule for PD fellowships. You have to get in touch with as many professors as possible who are working in the filed of your research. It all depends upon if they have the funds to support you and your work interests them. Write to as many as you can.

RK^2

Thank u once again 4 ur reply. i will get in touch with u for further assistance.

poonam:)