PDA

View Full Version : Pradeep Sindhu: First ever billionaire Jat and Greatest Network Guru

rkumar
April 9th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Dear Friends,

I am starting this thread on one of the greatest Jat technocrat whose name not many know in India in general and Jats in particular. The great Jat is Pradeep Sindhu. Legendary venture capitalist Vinod Khosla calls Sindhu "tech’s biggest unsung hero".

I don't claim to understand a great deal about the technology Pradeep has developed, but whatever I have read, he is the one who took head on CISCO and challenged it. Pradeep Sindhu was the first ever Jat to be mentioned in Forbe's Billionaires list of 2000. His fortunes in that year (US$ 2.6 Billion) were almost as much as of Azim Premji and way ahead of people like Sabeer Bhatia. Unlike other Jat billionaire KP Singh who inherited the wealth from his father-in-law, Pradeep is a self made man.

I happen to know Pradeep's family quite intimately. His father Col. Badan Singh is married in the same Hooda family of Sanghi as me. Pradeep's elder brother Gen Kuldeep Singh and I lived for a year in the same apartments (Pragati Vihar Hostels) in New Delhi. It was during this time I met Pradeep for very brief time. Few years back my wife told me that Kuldeep's younger brother has made it really big financially in USA. I somehow could not comprehend the extent of his fortunes at that time.

Pradeep is among the top 50 Network Gurus of the world. If you google on Pradeep Sindhu, you can see a wealth of information. I am a bit astonished that when people like Sabeer Bhatia with their Hotmail sale for US$ 400 million are sung in every news paper and magazine, this shy great Jat is hardly known to anyone, including our Kilki mar Jats.

Don’t you think this great Jat from Haryana needs to be honoured in most appropriate manner? I am certainly feeling extremely proud to be intimately knowing this family.

Rajendra

keshavdahiya
April 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM
So very true RK uncle ji..He is behind the company's latest initiative, called the INFRANET, which is aimed at solving performance and security problems inherent in the Internet. AND he is 31 among The 50 most powerful people in networking......surprising where you can actually see all the top guns

Mr. Pradeep Sindhu founded Juniper Networks in 1996 and played a central role in the architecture, design, and development of the M40 while running the company. He is now responsible for the company's technical roadmap and also plays an active role in day-to-day design and development of future products. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Carnegie-Mellon University.

For now Mr. Sindhu's main role appears to be crusading for Juniper's "Infranet" initiative. Yes, the name sounds like something from the Jetsons. Some have even called it a "marketecture." But Juniper's dead serious about this Infranet thing, so we thought it was important to find out what it's all about.

"The idea is to get any device to connect to any other with the appropriate speed, QOS, and security. The necessary tradeoffs among four dimensions – security, speed, reliability, quality of service – need to be handled according to the needs of each particular application. (Connectivity is a fifth dimension but isn't as problematic as the other four.) The challenge is to build a network that can simultaneously weigh all those factors and build connections for applications that suit the range of needs across this four-dimensional spectrum."

So, what Juniper says the telecom industry now needs is a bulletproof packet network that can be adjusted to applications on the fly, depending on where they fit in the four dimensions.

rkumar
April 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
watch and listen to him in a key lecture;

http://www.ustelecom.org/media/video/TC05/pradeepsindhu.wmv

RK^2

spdeshwal
April 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Dhanyawaad Rajender ji, for posting this information on Shri Pradeep Sandhu!

Incidently Shri Mitersen Sandhu is also from same village. Shri Mitersen Sandhu is also a self made enterpreneur and businessman who started his career as a tractor mechanic with a small borrowed capital and a rented workshop at Jhajhar Road ROHTAK.

Saayad Uss gaon ki meeti ( Khanda Kheri) mein hee khuchh khaas baat hai. His association with gaon Sanghi makes his success more special. So many great jats are associated with this famous Village Sanghi including you.

Hope his success story should inspire many more jats!

rkumar
April 10th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Dhanyawaad Rajender ji, for posting this information on Shri Pradeep Sandhu!

Incidently Shri Mitersen Sandhu is also from same village. Shri Mitersen Sandhu is also a self made enterpreneur and businessman who started his career as a tractor mechanic with a small borrowed capital and a rented workshop at Jhajhar Road ROHTAK.

Saayad Uss gaon ki meeti ( Khanda Kheri) mein hee khuchh khaas baat hai. His association with gaon Sanghi makes his success more special. So many great jats are associated with this famous Village Sanghi including you.

Hope his success story should inspire many more jats!

another interesting coincidence is that my mother-in-law belongs to Khanda Kheri and so far I have never been to there. I will now certainly visit the village along with my mother-in-law. I keep hearing so many stories from her about the people of that area. No doubt, some of these villages have produced best brains like Dr Swarup Singh, ex Delhi University VC who beloged to Sanghi.

RK^2

cooljat
April 10th, 2006, 10:01 AM
congrates & Salutations to this great unsung hero!
I wish him all the very best!
thanks uncle for tellin us :)

Rock on
Jit

raj2rif
April 10th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Dear Rajendra Ji,

Thanks a lot for sharing this information with us. Heartiest congratulations to Mr. Pradeep for a successful career. He could be a role model for the younger generations.

We, Jats are quite shy and that is why probably not many know about him.

sampuran
April 10th, 2006, 08:52 PM
RK Bhai Saheb Ram Ram.
Thanks for the good piece of info. We have one more reason to feel proud . Surely there must be many more such unsung Jats who are quietly but surely making a name for themselves.

positivelook
April 11th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the info. Rajender sir. Really gr8 achievement by Mr. Pardeep Sindhu.

Abhimanyu Phougat

vikaskundu
April 11th, 2006, 10:32 PM
he really is an unsung hero....nd well dug up info rk uncle

narenrathee
April 12th, 2006, 12:38 AM
great job Mr. Padeep Sindhu. We all are proud of you. Keep doing a great job and make the JAT clan proud.

Naren Rathee