PDA

View Full Version : a little enquiry...

choudharyneelam
April 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM
hello jatland members

can anybody tell me is it necessary to do master's degree as a regular student to sit for NET exam or to go for Ph.D?

me_rathee
April 13th, 2006, 04:21 PM
No Necessity of being a regular student. Degree of both have same value.

devdahiya
April 13th, 2006, 05:55 PM
hello jatland members

can anybody tell me is it necessary to do master's degree as a regular student to sit for NET exam or to go for Ph.D?

Bebe NET kar le......aissh krre gi.

choudharyneelam
April 14th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Bebe NET kar le......aissh krre gi.

sir that's why i'm asking whether it's necessary to get masters degree by going regular or i can do it through correspondence/distance. as someone told me it's necessary to get the regular degree and right now i also want two years teaching experience to apply for b.ed from ignou, for that i'm teaching. so pls tell me is it necessary to get the regular degree.

dr.vinod
April 15th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Dear Neelam,
As other colleagues have said there is no difference in degrees whether it is regular or through correspondence. But for few postgraduation courses like psychology, it is necessary to do it regular as far as possible, otherwise u won't get much benefit of it. I think you are aware that for NET 55% marks are required (without roundoff). After PG one can go for Ph.D.
goodluck
Vinod

anusehrawat
April 15th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Dear Neelam , First u let me know about your qualifications and subjects. on that basis may be i will help u.

choudharyneelam
April 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Dear Neelam,
As other colleagues have said there is no difference in degrees whether it is regular or through correspondence. But for few postgraduation courses like psychology, it is necessary to do it regular as far as possible, otherwise u won't get much benefit of it. I think you are aware that for NET 55% marks are required (without roundoff). After PG one can go for Ph.D.
goodluck
Vinod

Sir, i know the percentage requirement, but if you think that one can't get all the concepts clear while studying through correspondence then that's not the problem with me...it depends on how deeply we study that subject....the problem is that sir i decided to do it through M.D. University and many lecturers in that university told me not to take admission there as one can't score good percentage there, so i thought if i can score good marks from Agra University then i must go for that but i'm not even sure about it...and i can't go for Delhi University as there we've to clear the cutoff list which i can't....also i'm teaching in some school to get two years experience to go for B.Ed. from IGNOU...that's why thought to do my masters through correspondence if that's not the problem to sit for NET or to try Ph.d....so pls advice me what should i do now...i don't have any problem in leaving job....waiting for the reply, Sir

choudharyneelam
April 15th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Dear Neelam , First u let me know about your qualifications and subjects. on that basis may be i will help u.

Anuradha i'm a commerce graduate from delhi university through correspondence and i did the pass course...i want to do masters in commerce now....and rest all i've told in the reply to Vinod Sir....now if you can, then pls help me what shall i do as i want to make my career either in teaching or banking sector....first choice is for teaching.

dr.vinod
April 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Dear Neelam,
In my opinion you have three options:-
1. To become a teacher: You can either try for B.Ed (for which u are getting experience) or JBT or ETT. These days the requirements for JBT or ETT are better in comparison to B.Ed teachers.
2. To become a lecturer : After finishing the postgraduation + NET....u can go for Lecturer in any University or college.
3. You can also join corporate sector after postgraduation in commerce.

Final decision has to be taken by you only taking all the aspects in mind. One can pursue postgraduation in commerce through correspondence but the affiliation of University etc. should be taken care of like affiliation, recognition with AIU (ASSOCIATION OF INDIAN UNIVERSITIES), UGC etc.and reputation of University.

Hope this will help you.
Vinod

choudharyneelam
April 18th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Dear Neelam,
In my opinion you have three options:-
1. To become a teacher: You can either try for B.Ed (for which u are getting experience) or JBT or ETT. These days the requirements for JBT or ETT are better in comparison to B.Ed teachers.
2. To become a lecturer : After finishing the postgraduation + NET....u can go for Lecturer in any University or college.
3. You can also join corporate sector after postgraduation in commerce.

Final decision has to be taken by you only taking all the aspects in mind. One can pursue postgraduation in commerce through correspondence but the affiliation of University etc. should be taken care of like affiliation, recognition with AIU (ASSOCIATION OF INDIAN UNIVERSITIES), UGC etc.and reputation of University.

Hope this will help you.
Vinod

Thanks a lot Sir but still you were not able to explain what i needed....anyway, Vijay helped me to make my cofusions clear and i just don't want to be a primary teacher or TGT but trying all to make my place in bank or for lecturership...though i know it's very difficult for me but still giving my best to reach there.

Regards
Neelam

dr.vinod
April 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Neelam,
Your problem has been solved that's fine. I have just suggested the options according to your qualifications and interest. Ultimately, final decision has to be taken by the Individual itself, which I think you have taken.
Goodluck

Vinod