PDA

View Full Version : career counselling needed

sbkatewa
April 15th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Dear Jat Fellows:

My neice has completed her 10+2 stage from M.G.D. school in Jaipur from Arts (Humanities Stream) from CBSE. She has also studied Economics at school level.

Could any body please advice how to go now for a bright career ahead.:confused:

ratananmol
April 16th, 2006, 07:54 AM
If she likes Economics; she can join the University of Delhi for a B.A. (Honors) in Economics in one of the premier colleges. They give admissions on the basis of !2th Marks. I dont think her career options will become narrow at the end of three years of excellent program. When i was teaching at the university of delhi a few years ago they were trying to revamp the syllabus. If she works hard thru these years she will be fine.
Here is a link: http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/economics/why_economics.cfm
I will try to forward you a study by the Wall Street Journal which discussed this question very competently.
I have been in economics for more than a decade now and all i can tell you is that i am still learning but each day my understanding of critical social issues gets better beacause of the abilities i have acquired. And one day (not very far in future) i aspire to teach my own ideas in an american university. And we dont just deal in market behavior but other problems that grapple human societies especially towards developing better planning frameworks in developing world.
May god bless the child.
Best, Anmol.

sbkatewa
April 18th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Dear Anmol,
Thank u so much for the advice and the time u spared for the advice. I shall let u know the developements and seek further assistance if required.

S. B. Katewa