View Full Version : hide file in a pic

misguidedyouth
April 16th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Hide In Picture is a program that allows you to "hide" any kind of file
inside standard bitmap pictures. The pictures look like normal images,
so people will not suspect anything when they see them. This is called
steganography. You can use a password to hide your files, and only those
who know the password use are able to retrieve them - without it, people
cannot even be sure there is something hidden in an image.

Download Link :

CODE
http://dallasaddress.com/Max/whitera.../HideInPic.zip

dont forget to check readme "hip.txt" if u install the s/w.

i've scaned it with Mcfee2006 & with Microsoft Antispyware... they shows its clean and its working fine. try it ... its worth a try.

satyeshwar
April 17th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Link doesn't seem to work. Also, do you know if they are really hiding the file in a bitmap or is it just creating another stream in a file and storing the information there?

sandeepji
April 17th, 2006, 03:07 PM
hello ........:rolleyes:

it is very easy to play with BMP file.it has 3 Bbytes for each color pixel.and using this u can store data in every byte's left bit of data's every byte's bit one by one and Keep password in BMP File's unused Header area...............easy......and reason why we cant see changes in Quality bcoz in 24bit BMP no of Color will be power of 24 to 8.and human eye can catch small changes.................:p

byeeeeeeeeeeee

misguidedyouth
April 18th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Link doesn't seem to work. Also, do you know if they are really hiding the file in a bitmap or is it just creating another stream in a file and storing the information there?

well i have tried n its working .... i dont know how it actually works... but if u hide a file using this .... and delete the original file still u retriev the file by using the pass u suplied during hiding

moreover, that link seems dead... n i ve tried to attach... but it shows...its invalid attachment..... so plz tell me the alternate methods or ur email id's so that i can directly send this 2 u... well file size is 368KB only.

misguidedyouth
April 18th, 2006, 12:08 AM
hello ........:rolleyes:

it is very easy to play with BMP file.it has 3 Bbytes for each color pixel.and using this u can store data in every byte's left bit of data's every byte's bit one by one and Keep password in BMP File's unused Header area...............easy......and reason why we cant see changes in Quality bcoz in 24bit BMP no of Color will be power of 24 to 8.and human eye can catch small changes.................:p

byeeeeeeeeeeee

dear sandeep.... plz dont take it very seriously or like i m challangeing u... just being courious.... if i send a .bmp file with some data hidden inside .... will u crack that?? n the pass too?? i wish u do that... n we can be enlighted with some more knowledge

sandeepji
April 18th, 2006, 03:58 PM
ok send me that bmp i will do thatttttttttttttttttttttt:)