PDA

View Full Version : Beer and Health

rahulgodara001
April 23rd, 2006, 04:19 AM
http://www.sindicerv.com.br/site_ingl/imagens/tit_cerveja_saude.gif
Beer and Health

A toast to health
Beer has a high nourishing content and is easy and rapidly assimilated by the organism. Its components, according to Egon Tschope, head of the beer and soft-drink division of SENAI Food Technology Center, indicate salubriousness. They are vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and proteins, in addition to the alcohol that, if consumed without excess, is also beneficial.

Electrolyte repositors, beers are beverages that have 400/kcal/liter, what corresponds to approximately 15% of the daily needs of an adult and is equivalent, in terms of protein, to 100g of meat, 700ml of whole-milk or six boiled eggs. The mineral salts included in its composition - 0.4g/l - correspond to 10% of a human being needs.

In addition to this, beers are rich in vitamins, above all those from the called complex B. The vitamin B1 helps the functioning of muscles, nerves and brains; the B2 is an aid for tissue maintenance; the B5 acts on carbohydrates and fat metabolism; the minerals, such as calcium and phosphorus are essential for bone composition; and potassium, together with calcium ensure, among other benefits, the good functioning of the heart. Because of its low pH - approximately 4.0 - associated with alcohol microstatic actions and of the hop bitter resins and having CO2, beer strengthen men immunity against the development of pathogenic organisms. Conversely to other alcoholic beverages, according to Tschope, beer propitiates diuresis increase, provoked by the hop soluble bitter resins. Nevertheless, its intake is not recommended for certain people, such as those who have hyperuricemia (excessive amount of uric acid in the blood).
The alcohol
Several studies show that beer, consumed with moderation, is a healthy beverage, that provide positive effects, among them physical capacity improvement, reduction of the anxiolytic and depressive status, reduction of the systolic and diastolic pressures and the reduction of infarct and cardiopathy in general, in addition to ensure a better resistance against infections.

It is understood as a moderate consumption of beer the average dally intake of up to 1 liter this corresponding to, at most 40 g of alcohol per day. According to Egon Tschope, surveys conducted by German universities show that a beer intake of 1.5 to 2 liters, divided during one day, can still be considered healthy.
Because of its composition, beer is not only a mere beverage that has alcohol. In its formula it is a group of pre-digested proteins, mineral salts and easily digested sugars, giving to the beverage an important characteristic, the tamponate which reduces substantially its alcoholic effect. This peculiarity is noticeable specially when comparing the intake of beers with the intake of the same amount of alcohol content in other beverages.
Recommendations
Some recommendations must be considered in order that beer consumption be only pleasurable:

- Avoid mixing different alcoholic beverages or, if there is mixture, it should be done in the inverse order of its alcoholic contents. As an example, beer after wine and never the opposite.
- Never drink when taking medication. The diuresis increase caused by the beer can, as an example, eliminate antibiotics from the blood stream.
- Eat well and drink other non alcoholic fluids before beer, such as water or soft-drinks, as an example, that reduce the alcoholic effect.
- Alcoholic beverages and driving do not combine. Alcohol relaxes, but it can reduce necessary reflexes for drivers.
Effects
Undernourishment symptoms, underweight and lack of appetite, that can give way to more serious diseases, such as alcoholic hepatitis and hepatic cirrhosis are the outcome of alcoholic beverages abusive intake.

deepshi
April 23rd, 2006, 04:25 AM
nuu laage tuu aaje mhaari sehat bannwaega!!
well, good job buddy!:)

rahulgodara001
April 23rd, 2006, 04:45 AM
thanx dear

this is a small effort to request all jatland members to switch over to beer from other alcoholic drinks and to divert the attention towards the positives of drinking beer

enjoyy!!!
Godara

nuu laage tuu aaje mhaari sehat bannwaega!!
well, good job buddy!:)

sansanwalamit
April 23rd, 2006, 05:01 AM
Yeah Beer is a great drink, just like Beer, Wine is also said to be very good for health (especially for middle aged men). I personally prefer Beer over Wine, tabhi shaayad meri sehat itni badhiya hai.........Tuuu Peeee Aur Jeeee (Song from Devanand's Des Pardes)

And you are right drinking Beer will be a much better alternative to guzzeling down whisky, which many Jats do and as result many are dropping like flies because of Heart attacks. This combination of whisky plus food drenched in Ghee is a deadly one. Thankfully I could do away with Ghee pretty easily:)

P.S. shouldnt this thread be moved to Health and Fitness? just a suggestion :)

vikramlal
April 23rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
hey rahul

What a coincidence when I first saw your post i had a can

of beer with me. hard liquor like rum does not go well with vegetarian food

atul.jhajhria
April 23rd, 2006, 09:28 AM
Liquour in any form is evil, beware!!

But if you choose to drink than beer is best. :)

deepshi
April 23rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
n well, ghee ghaa te chhik ke khaa lyo- naa sedhey ghanna- parr red meat n wines r deadly combination....:o

rahulgodara001
April 23rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
hehehehe....... i too had two bottles of beers inside me when i searched this article on google and posted it on jatland. nahin to kaun subha ke 4 baje ye kaam karega:)

Godara

hey rahul

What a coincidence when I first saw your post i had a can

of beer with me. hard liquor like rum does not go well with vegetarian food

rahulgodara001
April 23rd, 2006, 01:13 PM
deepshikha wot i think is that beer is very low in fat and carbohydrate. so it seems a big myth that beer consumtion leads to a fat belly.

the following links provide some nice info bout this debated topic

http://info.carlsberg.com/Info/frameset.htm?pUrl=%2FInfo%2FSociety%5FEnviroment%2 FNutrition%2FNutrition%2Ehtm

http://www.bierengezondheid.be/index_eng.jsp?Page=Dos81&Doc=brouwen

"Beer contains no fat, very few proteins (less than 0.5%) and a small quantity of sugar (around 3%).
Because beer contains no fat, it does not have the fattening properties that are sometimes attributed to it. In addition, beer contains no cholesterol and no dioxin as dioxin is only soluble in fats."

so guys enjoy beer without getting fat 'but only beer':)
Godara

n well, ghee ghaa te chhik ke khaa lyo- naa sedhey ghanna- parr red meat n wines r deadly combination....:o