PDA

View Full Version : love marriage vs arrange marriage

ritu
April 25th, 2006, 05:10 AM
I would like to invite every body to share their thoughts on this topic.
according to me both have their plus and minus.mine was a arrange marriage which is working out very well I know so many of my friends who knew each other before marriage.but what I have figured out in both cases its a gamble.thats what I think now tell me what u all think regarding this .....

ratananmol
April 25th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Not a problem in today's pluralistic society..do what you like...jat style.
Anmol.

vijaybhagashra
April 25th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Ritu, I am glad tat u have raised this question,, because I was myself thinking of posting this question.

I strongly believe in luv marriage, if u r in a relationship for a long time (say 3-4 years). During such a long time,u understand each other and also know the expectation of partner, thus in luv marriage u r not comprising with each other. If the relationship has been for a vary long time then there are 100% chances of success.

On the other hand in arrange marriage there are 50:50 chances of success.. If the match turn out to be good it is 100% successful, otherwise you have to compromise with your marriage for your whole life.

I know a Jat friend of mine who was going around with another cast gal for 4 years, but his parents are not in favor of the marriage and he loves his parents equally , thus can not decide as what should he do. Because of this situation lot of confusion has started developing between the boy & gal and now the situation is that because of this rift both , the boy & gal started thinking if they r right match for each other or not.

Now the fact is that both of them believed in luv marriage & got the partner also for luv marriage ,,,, but now they will have to end up going for arrange marriage... haha what a situation???

So somebody correctly said that marriage are made in haven..... OR r we (Jats) too adamant to accept anyone from different cast.

devdahiya
April 25th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Ritu bebe iss subject pei ghanne discussion ho liye iss site pe...arr sachchi baat battaun...katti ji na karta likhann nei aur jyadda.

grewalrakesh
April 25th, 2006, 12:18 PM
The final term is marriage...it all depends upon the flexibility you have accumulated in your personality and character....there is not much difference between the Luv and Arraged one...except the person who choses the partner..and most of the times luv birds are enamoured by the looks rather than personal traits..so it is not even worth to talk..about the understanding and to say that it is the most plus one in the satchel of luv wedd...I hope you all know the psychology of interaction. Among people in luv wedd.. also..when you see the other one..you just try to show up your best one and apart from this. you don't even have any obligations in or liabilites...but once you are cross the line..you are caught...

and in arranged wedd. you can do the same thing you expect in love to happen...I mean first develop the love and then make it consummate....we don't choose our parents, siblings, wards...but still we do love them and love them a lot...so it doesn't matter who choses your partner ..but the point is how well you make adjustments with her...and down the line you don't get frustrated with her/his comapnionship.

ibb ajyao jattan ali pe....

Ghar ke kunihyan te dar denge..in pyar ke chhakran mein padya to...aur galti te pyar kara to...jaatni tohiye....aur pher kisse dost ke haathoon..uska rishta gharan phoonchaiye ..apne bhi aur ooske bhi....
got(gotra) chek kar liye jamai..kade....akhri gindi pe out ho jya....

aur koe aur jaat(cast) ki ho...to mathe pe haath dhar dhar...babu maan ale gane gaiye....Dil taan pagal hai....do ghadiyan ro ke choop kar jaoo..

Finally I conclude it ...ki ..yaar zindagi teri..it is all about how you handle the things....but what ever you do....don't keep a tendency to regret....

aur the people who give damn care to these things..they want to escape regrets...that they think stored in future....

Mool mantra yaad rakho...
Mauj Karo, Har Roj Karo..Nahin Mile to Khoj Karo....

Keep smiling
Rakesh Kumar

sunitahooda
April 26th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Raka tu key keh gya???? Daaki ibb tu bhi foram mai aan laag rya sai....arr mai bhi nuay sochun thi akk yo gout ka chakkar bi karda sai....arr koi acha lage tai ke nyu kehan pahlam Apney 4run gout bata....na milley tai affair pakka....Love and Arranged both are useless if there's no love....which is present from the beginning in Love marriges and tends to vanish after few years of revealation and Love forms in arrange marriages and tends to fade away slowly;) But somehow i agree to Mr.Rakesh Grewal's points.

jagmohan
April 26th, 2006, 12:11 PM
This is what I has posted earlier in reply to a similar topic.

"This subject is an all time favorite. Even earlier we have discussed this subject. Fortunately there are no clear answers to this debate as each individual has his perceptions and sensibilities. The most important reality of life is that we need our near and dear ones, who can share your own language, culture and jokes, to be around us, for whatever reasons. Whether we accept this fact or not, it is true that as one grows in age we like to create the same environment in which we grew up. And to create this environment it is necessary to marry someone who can help do that. And the logical answer is that it would be easier to do so with someone who is from our own community. I am not saying that inter caste marriages don't succeed, some do.

Now comes the question of 'Arranged' vs 'Love' marriage. What Sheorayan Ji has said is very true. I would just add that it is the responsibility of the children, who think that they are much more broadminded than their parents, to apply such broadmindedness on their children. I hope members understand what I am trying to say. That is, if you feel that inter caste and/ or love marriages are perfect, then please allow your children to chart their own path if they wish to do so. However, please do not apply your broadmindedness on your parents. Believe me, if one does that, then these questions would seem irrelevant. But whatever you choose to do: NO DOWRY."

Regards,

JS Malik

aakashtahlan
April 26th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Love Marriage = Sucide.
Arranged Marriage = Assasination;
Thankfully mera assasination hua hai.

dahiyarules
April 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Who gives a "cee aar aay pee."

Thanks to Sunita Hooda, I am being watchful for censoring.

sunitahooda
April 26th, 2006, 04:08 PM
:) :rolleyes: :cool: :confused: :o Dahiya Sahab apna INBOX mada sa reeta dyo....aapney jo C R A P lookma si mere INBOX mai bhejya sai wo thoda sa Gift Wrap mai lapett kai ulta bhejna sai....aapke mssg ka jawab dyun su ....
Who gives a "cee aar aay pee."

Thanks to Sunita Hooda, I am being watchful for censoring.

gsvijay1
April 27th, 2006, 02:11 PM
In love marriage love comes before marriage but in arrange marriage love comes after marraige ..... this mey be the reason that arrange marriage last longer than love marriage.