PDA

View Full Version : password protect folder how?

danarambeerda
April 25th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Any computer wiz. know how to protect the folder with password.
is there any free software available to do so on window xp ? please help.....

satyakarwasra
April 25th, 2006, 01:06 PM
We can enable a Microsoft Word or Excel password on the file to protect the contents of the file just by using the options provided with them.
I don't think that there is any free software available to protect the folders stored on the hard disk.Though we can find some trial versions for some limited period.I am using the one,you can download the same from the link given below.
http://www.password-protect-software.com/download/password-protect.exe

misguidedyouth
May 13th, 2006, 02:12 PM

well u can find some trial softwares on net... but it is not advisable to use those.... since you r using windows XP... do one thing
right click on folder and then click "send to" -> "compressed (zipped) Folder"

a compressed folder by the same name will be created.

now double click and open compressed folder... then click on 'file' and then "add password"... password adding may take time depanding on numbers of files n sizes of file in that folder.

lalit_nashier
May 14th, 2006, 05:50 PM
well u can find some trial softwares on net... but it is not advisable to use those.... since you r using windows XP... do one thing
right click on folder and then click "send to" -> "compressed (zipped) Folder"

a compressed folder by the same name will be created.

now double click and open compressed folder... then click on 'file' and then "add password"... password adding may take time depanding on numbers of files n sizes of file in that folder.

ravinder is right it is not advisable to use that software because they dnt have any warranty .. they can fool you any time...i faced this problem....
compressing the folder is rite choice...........

cheers.............