PDA

View Full Version : what should a post with substance consist of..

ritu
April 26th, 2006, 12:36 AM
yesterday Ramphal ji started a thread 5 years of humor...and what I got is earlier there were people here who used to post good posts.but being new and much younger to u Ramphal ji and Dev ji and all other respected jatlanders very sincerely I WOULD LIKE TO ASK what should a good post have and what not.and if there were earlier people here with that kind of knowledge why can not we invite them back so that even now we all new and old members can enjoy that kind of wisdom.And talking about comment and countercomments to gulab ke saath to kaante hote hi he.I think everyone should learn to forget and forgive eachother after all we all r human beings.and especially at site like jaatland we should show that kind of bhai chara .JAHA CHAR BARTAN HOTE HE TAKRATE HE H.

chhillar
April 26th, 2006, 01:23 AM
And talking about comment and countercomments to gulab ke saath to kaante hote hi he.I think everyone should learn to forget and forgive eachother after all we all r human beings.and especially at site like jaatland we should show that kind of bhai chara .JAHA CHAR BARTAN HOTE HE TAKRATE HE H.

I like that, good!

deswal
April 26th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Dear Rituji,

I appreciate your feelings for elders. Personally, that reflects on your upbringing and family values. I also maintain regard of the highest level for my elders. I believe every khandani jat, for that matter, clearly differentiates between 'paand' and 'sirhana'. To be very frank, however, I do not like to be regarded just because of my age partially because such regard bestowed upon me raises my sense of accountablity proportionately and I feel challeged to prove myself worth it. So, I always endeveour to earn love rather than regard for me. Anyway, I honour your sentiments.

Rituji, my post under reference relates to the humour section. Ii is my humble and honest attempt to pursuade the worthy members to go through the old and latest posts and make their own opinion so that we may try to make this section as good as possible. I personally found that the members in 2001 were more appreciative of each others' posts and that the entries at that time carrried relatively more of substance and less of volume. The yardstick for measuring the substance in a thread in humour section may be different for different people. Let the members make their own assessments. For me it is: if you come out of a humour thread smiling and your hands up, it has substance in it. If, on the other hand, you come out snappish or frowning the thread is failing in its purpose. I again say may be I am wrong in my assessment. But I still enjoy this site particularly the humour section though owing to my other engagements I have been visiting on weekly basis for the last three weeks.

I understand arguments and counter-arguments have their taste and significance at times but there is clear distinction between arguing an issue and discussing it. In furums like jatland where members can post their write ups unedited, argumentative statements very often lead to leg pulling and the purpose of initiating a thread is defeated.

As regards learning to forget and forgive I must say that I personally have no misgivings for any one. Yes, I was pained to observe some totally unacceptable remarks by some members especially addressed to one of our lady members. I would like to be labelled what ever you may wish to but I am not thick skinned enough to ignore if anybody tries to outrage the modesty of our bahan beti. That is a part of my family and cultural value system. However, I also know that given the fact that we are thousands of miles apart from each other much can not be done to check such misdemenours.

Thanks and bye till weekend!!

devdahiya
April 26th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Ritu bebe,this site for us is like our home and if we all just take a minute off and think about the going ons in our house holds, we will know very well as to what should we write.In our house hold we fight,we feel for each other,we admire each other,we share things and ideas with each other,we miss each other,we respect our elders and love the young ones,We talk free but are dignified,we listen to each other,we respect each other's feelings and we feel a strong bond of co-existence.If we can just do that then writing any thing will become good and enjoyable for all of us.WE SHOULD CONTRIBUTE IN CREATING A NICE ATMOSPHERE RATHAER THAN COMMENTING WITH A DESIGN TO SPOIL THE DECORUM AND PEACE OF OUR THIS HOUSE.Love people and feel loved is the crux of the matter here.

IT IS NOT THE SUBSTANCE OF A POST BUT THE SPIRIT BEHIND IT IS THAT MATTERS.

devdahiya
April 26th, 2006, 08:33 AM
As regards to people resorting to leaving this site is concerned,it is really bad.......Many good members who are well meaning and have substance are either not at all visiting the site or are just logging-in as guests and desist from expressing their feelings.I personally feel very bad when these members go into exile.Sujata bebe,Uday Dahiya,Maj Kulwant,Bajjadd bhai,now Keshav Dahiya,Aklesh bebe,Vikasse and many more.Though i respect their decision but it hurts.When a member of the family is not happy and tries to disassociate himself/herself from the affairs of the family it really hurts.....irrespective of the reasons associated with their decision.So many members do express their feelings to me through PMs etc that they don;t enjoy the site any more but i always request them to stay on and have their say.We have to start having respect and good feelings for our fellow members.We should not hurt any one at any cost.It is a mutual trust and a feeling of brotherhood which will keep us together but a selfish petty approach will spoil our relations.We all need to think 10 times before writing any thing which can hurt even slightest.If we write...good, i like that...it will warm up the relationship but if we redicule with first sentence then egos will boil up and once that happens decencies take the back seat and pollution spreads into the enviornment.

Good thread started by you Ritu bebe.

sunitahooda
April 26th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Ritu....i couldn't resist myself from writing in this thread and i'll try to maintain the decorum. I have in no way spoilt the decorum of any thread knowingly until people forced me to do so and yes people are still commenting on my posts, despite my kind request and Satyeshwar, our moderator's request. Basically there is no set parametre that A post will be Substancial by adding so and so and by deleting so and so points, i feel it depends and differs from person to person. Some people may find some substances in one post and some may not find any substances at all so its one's perception to write/read/feel/think/speak/undersatnd/express and reciprocate. It demands a high level of maturity and mutual understanding to read in a right perspective and comment in a right perspective that a WORTHY THREAD DESERVES....:)

jagmohan
April 26th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Ritu ji,

It is true that not very many members participate regularly. I can’t guess a reason as people are free to do what they like. Number of posts is by no means an indicator of one’s sincerity or otherwise. Members who have written less posts are also well meaning. In the end we are all human beings. Some feel that their responsibility is complete after writing while others may not write but believe in DOING. And there may be some who feel there is no point in wasting time here as every meaningful discussion meets an unceremonious end on the 'Alter of Egos'. May be that is one reason why some good individuals have gone away or don't post any more.

Personally speaking, I feel that this site is a meeting ground for like-minded people. A place to feel the pulse of our younger generation and vice versa and appreciate as to where are we moving. I don’t treat it anything more than that. May be some of us would end up learning few positives from each other along the way. It is quite possible that some of us already know each other and may be related too. I hope some end up being related through this forum. In my understanding I don't think the aim of this website is to mitigate the problems of JAT community.

Sometimes one is not happy with the way the other member has commented. Let it go. It is advisable to move on in life rather than waste time in small things. Why do we want to test others? Who are we to test others? A mantra that has been taught to us by our elders that has stood the test of time is “Karam Kare Ja”. Period. If one feels very strongly about an issue please go ahead and discuss it.

Lastly, it is an individual's perception how to utilise this forum. I for one have been able to interact and meet some wonderful people through this forum. I laugh reading 'Desi' jokes and enjoy the occasional banter and leg pulling that goes on in good humor. Sometimes I feel sorry for people who don't want to see reason. Well, it is their life. But I am sure of one thing. I am never going to just stop contributing, come what may. I shall keep putting across my points as polietly as I possibly can.

Regards,

JS Malik

ritu
April 26th, 2006, 06:23 PM
bilkuk thik kah rahe he aap dev ji aur me bhi apni taraf se kahna chaungi,umar aur tazurbe me bahut choti hu aap se par KICHAD ME KAPDE KHRAB HO JAANE KE DAAR SE BARISH ME BAHAR NIKALNA TO BAND NAHI KAR SAKTE.ek ladki hone ke naate se itna kah rahi hu ghar se nikalane se college jaane tak raaste me itna kuch wahyat sunne ko milta tha par kabhi dhyan nahi diya.shad ye example thik na ho par message ye he ki burai se dar ke hum ache kam to nahi chod dete.agar sab acche ho jayenge to satyug aagyge is kalyug me.mere philosphy he khud galti karo to maaphi maang lo dusra kara to ignore karo khud aapne nature ke karan bhugtega.aur agar koi ek bar maaphi maang le to phatapht use maaph kardo.aur jo bhi aap sab log aab yaha nahi aate jaatland par to unse yahe kahunge agar unhe is site par 10 me se 2 log bhi apne soch ke lagte he to wapis aaja jana chaiye.aap logo ko to humhe dat ke rahne ki prarena deni he u madan chod ke jaane ki nahi.

As regards to people resorting to leaving this site is concerned,it is really bad.......Many good members who are well meaning and have substance are either not at all visiting the site or are just logging-in as guests and desist from expressing their feelings.I personally feel very bad when these members go into exile.Sujata bebe,Uday Dahiya,Maj Kulwant,Bajjadd bhai,now Keshav Dahiya,Aklesh bebe,Vikasse and many more.Though i respect their decision but it hurts.When a member of the family is not happy and tries to disassociate himself/herself from the affairs of the family it really hurts.....irrespective of the reasons associated with their decision.So many members do express their feelings to me through PMs etc that they don;t enjoy the site any more but i always request them to stay on and have their say.We have to start having respect and good feelings for our fellow members.We should not hurt any one at any cost.It is a mutual trust and a feeling of brotherhood which will keep us together but a selfish petty approach will spoil our relations.We all need to think 10 times before writing any thing which can hurt even slightest.If we write...good, i like that...it will warm up the relationship but if we redicule with first sentence then egos will boil up and once that happens decencies take the back seat and pollution spreads into the enviornment.

Good thread started by you Ritu bebe.

ritu
April 26th, 2006, 11:58 PM
apne ek ek baat sahi likhi Jagmohan ji.ye aap nahi apka experience bol raha tha.In my life I have learnt so much from elders and I am happy that here on jatland I am having that opportunity again.thanks for this kind of true guidance which will be useful for me not only on just jatland but in real life too.If u do not mind can I call u uncleji.
regards

Ritu

Ritu ji,

It is true that not very many members participate regularly. I can’t guess a reason as people are free to do what they like. Number of posts is by no means an indicator of one’s sincerity or otherwise. Members who have written less posts are also well meaning. In the end we are all human beings. Some feel that their responsibility is complete after writing while others may not write but believe in DOING. And there may be some who feel there is no point in wasting time here as every meaningful discussion meets an unceremonious end on the 'Alter of Egos'. May be that is one reason why some good individuals have gone away or don't post any more.

Personally speaking, I feel that this site is a meeting ground for like-minded people. A place to feel the pulse of our younger generation and vice versa and appreciate as to where are we moving. I don’t treat it anything more than that. May be some of us would end up learning few positives from each other along the way. It is quite possible that some of us already know each other and may be related too. I hope some end up being related through this forum. In my understanding I don't think the aim of this website is to mitigate the problems of JAT community.

Sometimes one is not happy with the way the other member has commented. Let it go. It is advisable to move on in life rather than waste time in small things. Why do we want to test others? Who are we to test others? A mantra that has been taught to us by our elders that has stood the test of time is “Karam Kare Ja”. Period. If one feels very strongly about an issue please go ahead and discuss it.

Lastly, it is an individual's perception how to utilise this forum. I for one have been able to interact and meet some wonderful people through this forum. I laugh reading 'Desi' jokes and enjoy the occasional banter and leg pulling that goes on in good humor. Sometimes I feel sorry for people who don't want to see reason. Well, it is their life. But I am sure of one thing. I am never going to just stop contributing, come what may. I shall keep putting across my points as polietly as I possibly can.

Regards,

JS Malik

vijay
April 27th, 2006, 12:56 AM
I personally feel very bad when these members go into exile.Sujata bebe,Uday Dahiya,Maj Kulwant,Bajjadd bhai,Aklesh bebe and many more.Though i respect their decision but it hurts.When a member of the family is not happy and tries to disassociate himself/herself from the affairs of the family it really hurts.....irrespective of the reasons associated with their decision.

Dev Sir,

I like to add Mr. Narender Malik too.

But why they left ?

I will be grateful to you if you can tell me the reason.

Regards

poonam
April 27th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Personally speaking, I feel that this site is a meeting ground for like-minded people. A place to feel the pulse of our younger generation and vice versa and appreciate as to where are we moving. I don’t treat it anything more than that. In my understanding I don't think the aim of this website is to mitigate the problems of JAT community.
Sometimes one is not happy with the way the other member has commented. Let it go. Lastly, it is an individual's perception how to utilise this forum. I for one have been able to interact and meet some wonderful people through this forum.But I am sure of one thing. I am never going to just stop contributing, come what may. I shall keep putting across my points as polietly as I possibly can.
JS Malik

Bingo!!

I share the same philosophy!

rkumar
April 27th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Bingo!!

I have enejoyed every moment on jatland and hope to keep doing so. Jatland has shaped many new thoughts in me.

RK^2

PS: Your pic. is great Poonam..

deepakchoudhry
April 27th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I agree with all that has been said.

Let us focus on all the positives Jatland has to offer.

I have met some very good people through Jatland and its a great feeling.

Example given by Ritu's is so right...i.e to ignore negativity and do what you have to do.

Can I also add, that people should not take things personally esp if others dont agree with them...we will always meet people who will agree or disagree with us.....Lets respect their right to do so and not take this too personally and apperciate everyone on the equal footing.

So all you guys who have been disappointed by Jatland, if you are reading this...Pls come back.:)

jagmohan
April 27th, 2006, 10:08 AM
If u do not mind can I call u uncleji. Ritu

Dear Ritu,

No, I don't mind at all (even if I mind no one can make out!!!). If I could became a Mama when I was just two years old, how can I mind being called an Uncle when I am nearing 48!!! I am already a Nana, Dada, Phoofa, Tau and what not, so being called an Uncle is OK.

I am trying to find out who called me 'Uncle' for the first time on JATLAND though.....

Be happy and God Speed.

deswal
April 29th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Nice to see smooth going!! Really valuable comments by all (except me, off course). Worth reading for all members every now and then!! Hence triggered.

rameshlakra
April 29th, 2006, 10:20 PM
The old posts have been much more warmer and sensible then what its is now and i can say it as i had been a regular member here since 2001. During recent DELHI meet i met an old member who had not posted here for last 2 years ,although he used to be a very keen and positive participant five years back, also shared my views on commitment of the members then. Offcource that took its toll on some members as they become too passionate. I guess internet was new and netter were just learning about how to behave on internet( DO's and DONT's are much more clear now).

The humour was much more amusing(it seems we have exhausted our resources now).

All said and done i must congratulate in general as there are much more group-meeting now then it was earlier(personal level meeting and repo was popular then) and people who are serious about doing something and actually doing it now and one such thing is PILOT PROJECT at BARHANA by JANJAGRITI. Hope more people join in and spend theirs time doing something good for the community.