PDA

View Full Version : Development Of Jat Farmers

neerajshoran
April 27th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Mere jat bhaiyo,

we all are basically farmers doing various jobs outside however the one really working in the fields is not anywhere near this site. We may say that our jat farmers from western UP and haryana are well off, but this is a comparative term as compared to other parts such as MP Bihar bengal etc. But are our farmers really developed? When i say farmers i don't count those 5 % who have big farms and land around gurgaon, I am talking about an average jat kisan.

I have all through out studied away from my village and now i am in the army however, i spend my 2 months vacation in my village and have observed the plight of an average farmer from close quarters. He barely manages his daily bread and is again borrowing money for seed and fertilizers for next season.

Reason is simple our jat politicians haven't done enough to make our farmers self sufficient. What is desirable are small scale industries at tehsil and block levels where the agri produce is dierectly sold by farmer and profit earned by him rather than Annapurna or some atta company by selling flour at 18 Rs a kg after buying it at 3-4 Rs a kg from the farmer. The rates at which our farmers are bound to sell their produce have hardly changed in last 15 yrs. No wonder our younger generation in villages is ready to go to Delhi or gurgaon and work in factory on 12-16 hr shifts rather than working in fields, as he gets his fixed pay and benefits of ration card there. Village dweller is hardly benefited he relies on our gods for his crops to grow then on our ministers for rates, waits in mandis for days altogether where babus, baniyas and dalals are there to fleece him and finally ends up either managing to sell at whatever rate decided by our chautala or bahjanji or by the seth who comes to the village in his 4 wheeler.

It is high time our politicians think above votes, bijli maaf kar denge etc chochlas and do some thing that the profit which baniyas are earning by making bread biscuit or some branded atta or chips or tomato sauce, is made by our kisan.

Neeraj Sheoran

neerajshoran
April 28th, 2006, 10:36 AM
i expected some response :(

jagmohan
April 28th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Dear Neeraj,

Welcome to JATLAND.

The issue you have raised is a universal one and we all feel for the farmers. May be there was no response because this issue has been discussed earlier too.

May I suggest that you go through the 'Archives'.

Another point: Please be careful when you advertise about this site amongst 'Serving JAT Officers/Personnel'. I have been out of the Fauj since Sep 2001 but I am aware of some existing orders that debar serving personnel from becoming members of such groups. Just be careful.

Regards,

JS Malik