PDA

View Full Version : racism.......the scar still exists...........

ratheetheraist
May 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
DEAR ALL...........

u all must have watchd the recent tapings of OPRAH WINFREY`s show......where her guest was TOMMY HILFIGER...

On the show, she asked him if the statements about race he was accused of saying were true. Statements like"..."If I'd known African-Americans, Hispanics, Jewish and Asians would buy my clothes, I WOULD NOT have made them so nice. I wish these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made for upper class white people." His answer to Oprah was a simple "YES".

as she heard YES.........she asked him to leave her show...........

I feel tht we shall stop buying clothes or pefumes by tommy(th dog) nd let him make learn sm lesson out of this...LETS give him wt he asked for....

JUST THINK OVER ND THEN HAVE UR SAY................

sansanwalamit
May 6th, 2006, 04:39 PM
DEAR ALL...........

u all must have watchd the recent tapings of OPRAH WINFREY`s show......where her guest was TOMMY HILFIGER...

On the show, she asked him if the statements about race he was accused of saying were true. Statements like"..."If I'd known African-Americans, Hispanics, Jewish and Asians would buy my clothes, I WOULD NOT have made them so nice. I wish these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made for upper class white people." His answer to Oprah was a simple "YES".

I feel tht we shall stop buying clothes or pefumes by tommy(th dog) nd let him make learn sm lesson out of this...LETS give him wt he asked for....

This is just an urban legend that has been around since late 1990s. This never happened and infact Hilfiger's latest line "True Star" has Beyonce Knowles as the spokesperson.

If any clothing chain thats racist, it has to be Abercrombie and Finch. Not only they use "White only" models for their marketing, the company had lost a big law suit for not hiring coloured staff in US. Due to such practices Canadian Government did not allow them in Canada for a long time, since then they have been cleaning up their act and commited to not incorporate such practices in Canada. Still, they only have one store so far in Canada (excluding the one under Holister brand). Many coloured people (including myself) boycott their clothes, and the brand's clientel is almost all white.

If we dig into racism in society then we will find way more real incidents and practices that are still happening in world, so we dont have to reply upon a rumour to prove its existence.

prashantacmet
May 6th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Bhai ratheeeeee ya video clipp.... kaha millegi..... pehle nu bata haamne.......

DEAR ALL...........