PDA

View Full Version : Were The Ancient Humans more advanced!?!

shailendra
May 10th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Ok, seems like we could do with a shot in the arm of some intriguing, mysterious and thought provoking threads!!!

...and I had posted this thread quite a while ago, and would like to reliven it again (with some additional notes)...This is a question that most of us have come across sometime or the other and have probably did our own read up on it, possibly forming our own opinions about it too! So let's hear them people!!!....

Were the ancient humans (forefathers) more advanced than even the present modern race???...I too have always wondered about this question ever since I was a kid reading on those books about the ancient mysteries of the world, and now I would like to pose this question to you all with a hope of a very invigorating discussion and your frank viewpoints! So ok, consider this:

We all must have, one time or the other, read those stories not only in Hindu mythology but even from western legends about the presence and existence of far more sophisticated societies that could do more advanced stuff than we are able to even now achieve in these modern times…

If one looks at western legends; like the lost (and advanced) city of Atlantis, the statues found in the mysterious (still un-explained) area of the Bermuda triangle that date from ancient times and depict forms that look like they are wearing space suits and of people from outer space!
The construction technique of those huge legendary Pyramids in Egypt is still unexplained. No one knows how ancient slaves were able to carry those stones to the top like that. With such precise symmetry (angle, orientation to the sky and Earth) to these lanmarks that defy all logic.The Stonehenge in Britain. Giant carving (miles long) found on the mountains of Peru that have strange figures and signature etchings that can only be viewed as whole when seen from a plane or a helicopter (on the ground they are undetectable!)!!!
…and I can go on about the unexplained mysteries that are still around mostly poking a taunting finger at the modern world!

And of course, going back to Hindu mythology itself; Ravana having a ‘Pushpak Viman’ (or a flying Chariot- more like a modern day small plane) and Arjuna and the other mythological heroes fighting with such advanced weapons that remind one of a modern day deadly missiles. The blind Dhrithrashtra was apparently given minute-by-minute updates (thru his minister, of course) of the whole Mahabharata in the safety of his palace, not very different from the easiness of watching a televised Gulf or the Iraq war from our living rooms.

And NOW… suddenly and mysteriously these powers or powerful societies are gone! Vanished in the mists of time…these things mentioned thru legends which talk about such advanced techniques that mankind is still in the process of discovering!

What are the beliefs, thoughts that the members have about this?

Do you really believe that the world had to their disposal enormous powers and techniques that were somehow lost with time or for whatever reasons? Or are we just simply romanticizing too much about our ancient forefathers and what they were able to accomplish in that era long gone? Is there a more simplified explaination to all this???

devdahiya
May 10th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Shailendra bhai.....It sounds interesting but i have some logic to prove that people in past might have not been so advanced as we have on date.

1] Mahabharta: maintainning minute by minute account would have been possible through a human chain...else why the war used to stop at sun set....today wars go on during the nights also......Arr pher unn pandwaan nei jaungle mein handdan ki ke jaroorat thi.

2] Ravan might have had something to fly....Pushpak etc but he used to come to battle field in a chariot...if he had something more sophisticated at his disposal...he must have used it and not have depended on TEER-Kammaan.

May be that world was as advanced as on date sometimes in past and every thing got destroyed and things started from a scrach[who knows unless there is a solid evidence to that effect] and we are on a brink of yet another disaster very soon[who knows] of our own makings.

chhillar
May 10th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I agree with Dev Saab partially, everything is evolving with the time so we got to be more advanced now but then time too is relative!!!

shailendra
May 11th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Shailendra bhai.....It sounds interesting but i have some logic to prove that people in past might have not be so advanced as we have on date.

1] Mahabharta: maintainning minute by minute account would have been possible through a human chain...else why the war used to stop at sun set....today wars go on during the nights also......Arr pher unn pandwaan nei jaungle mein handdan ki ke jaroorat thi.

2] Ravan might have had something to fly....Pushpak etc but he use to come to battle field in a chariot...if he had something more sophisticated at his disposal...he must have used it and not have depended on TEER-Kammaan.

May be that world was as advanced as on date sometimes in past and every thing got destroyed and things started from a stretch[who knows unless there is a solid evidence to that effect] and we are on a brink of yet another disaster very soon[who knows] of our own makings.

yeah, you are partially right according to me Dahiyaji; specially in terms of mythology! I agree that like all religious myths and beliefs the reality sometimes fades with the unreal when it comes to legends!...

But I think the jury is still out on how, those existing (and very much researched) proofs (of some superhuman effort) scattered around the world for everyone to see, touch and speculate, came to be!?!... this is not stuff passed as legend thru the generation and written in books, but very much tangible and visible!................

Case in point: Do you all know that there is still not one fully proven or agreed theory on the towering Pyramids? (as to how they were literally built?)

Those huge miles long carved out mountain rock figures in Peru, that can only be visible from the sky have still not been figured out as to why and for whom were they done for by the ancients!?!.........

I may be a romantic in some ways, but the inability of modern science to come to terms with these wonders and/or to be able to find the logical explaination only makes the myth of a superhuman race.....or support from a force outside this Earth a very seducing alternative!

shailendra
May 11th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Here are some pictures attached for those who are wondering what areas we are talking about...........

The first couple of pictures are about those huge miles long carvings on the face of solid rock visible only from the air as the pictures suggest! (so who did those and for whom were they done? What was the purpose? Was it to contact some extra-terrerstrials as is suggested by many?) For both these huge carvings it is said that they reflect shapes of somekind of figure in a space suit, with a helmet and visors like that of a possible astronaut! (how could that be possible in those times....in an case, what could be their purpose if they are not even visible when you might be standing right on top of them, except for noticing some strange grooves on the rock face!?!)

The third picture is of Easter Island and these stone heads shown in the picture that are supposedly so huge and heavy that one wonders how were they brought here and what was their purpose (how were they straightened/erected?) and also somewhat similar in concept are the Stonehenge (fourth aerial photograph) as to their mysterious and unknown value.............

The last picture is a Black and white aerial photograph of the popular Pyramids of Giza, Egypt! You can see their perfect symmetry and geometry even from the air! These structures are huge and built with stone blocks that were cut perfectly into cube shapes (sharp straight edges in times without precise tools and equipments!?!) and then apparently lifted/hoisted in place to those heights to construct these tall amazing pyramids that are perfect in their geometrical and astronomical configuration down to the zero, according to experts!!!....

Has this caught the imagination of some of you yet???.....well, Enjoy!!!

rkumar
May 11th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I agree with Dev Saab partially, everything is evolving with the time so we got to be more advanced now but then time too is relative!!!

Time is double edged sword. Evolution and devolution both take place simultaneously. Even today our scientists discover things just to find out later that the same was known 100 year back or even earlier. May be our present day brains are incapable of thinking to the extent of understanding those ancient civilisations.

RK^2