PDA

View Full Version : Recipes...especially desi

chhillar
May 19th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Behno aur bhaiyo, aan dyo kimen badhiya see tarkariyaan ki recipes.

Shailender and Jagmohan Ji....Omellete recipes please

poonam
May 19th, 2006, 01:10 AM

Good idea bhaiyon.. Lets start with our men chefs first.:D

shailendra
May 19th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Well, just so that you know; I am known 'worldwide' more for my Maggie recipe!
...Ok, ok you can stop snickering and hear me out first; I know you are probably thinking what is the big deal about opening a packet and throwing some noodles into the hot water, right???

Wrong! There is a whole lotta big deal as to how you do it......here is what I have perfected over years of research and time well spent in smoky kitchens devoid of any female presence!............

Ok, now that I have your undevided attention and that sarcastic smile is almost all but gone, here goes (listen well, and I challenge you to even try it out as soon as you read it....and tell me in the next post if you didn't find a better taste to these normal noodles!)

Make sure you break (not just half but more smaller pieces) the maggie while still inside the pack (why? Look, you have tried it with the long slurpy noodle version....this Shail style will make it more manageable and even better completely flavoured)....the idea o breaking it inside the pack is that one you take them out and try and break it, you shall have maggie noodles all over your kitchen floor [yeah years of experience talking again!:D ] by now you should have already put the water in the open pan (one to one and half cup of water only; very crucial you watch the water content....too much it gets soggy and too less the noodles get stuck to the pan....not good!)....now when you observe bubbles, put the noodles into the water......hold the maggie masala for a while and then only use half of it...(throw the other half, the masala if you have not already noticed it, is strong and only half used gives the noodles the perfect flavor!)
let it simmer for a few seconds...............

Now here is this chefs special Jat style: put a little over a teaspoon size of generous amul butter (or even desi ghee for that matter) into the mix. Turn it in around with a wooden spoon and let it simmer with the noodles........... Now hopefully you should see most of the water (and that butter/ghee) has been absorbed into the noodles and they seem a little puffed....

Now the 'coup-de-grace' piece: at the very fag end when you are almost ready to pick the pan away from over the fire- add amul's very own ketchup, while still over the heat....just a teeny bit, mix it a bit to give it a reddish tint all around to the noodles and then serve hot!!!
Enjoy!!!

poonam
May 19th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Well, just so that you know; I am known 'worldwide' more for my Maggie recipe!

Wow! What finesse!

Well, never thought a simple recipe like Maggie could be so elaborate too...:) Nice Shail, you seem to be having some traits towards a great chef. Ok, I would add a lil’ red pepper flakes too in the very end while serving to make it more hot.

Yet another version: Egg Maggie. Add a beaten egg (one per pack) into the pan with noodles right before throwing in some butter (Ref: Shail’s recipe..:D ). Toss a lil’ with a wooden spoon. Wait till it absorbs all the water and serve....Yummy....:)

raj_rathee
May 19th, 2006, 07:01 AM

Hmmm...There aren't a whole lot of "true honest to God Desi Jat
recipes" are there ?

The staple that I grew up on:

1) Flat roti with "fresh off the milk" malai and shakar served on flat plate
(haath :) )
2) Roti with malai and shakar rolled up ...no plate necessary (haath :) )
3) Crumpled up roti with malai and shakar (choorma) (lots of haath :) )
4) Rice with malai and shakar (once a week after moving to the city)
5) Long seemi (boiled in water) with ghee and shakar sprinkled on top
6) Jonn (the little simis bolied in water) with ghee and shakar on top

And top it off with a glass of milk and a gudd ki dali.

Yeh omlette-shomleete kab shuru hue ? Looks like I missed out
on that revolution.

ritu
May 19th, 2006, 07:41 AM
too much malai and shakar

Hmmm...There aren't a whole lot of "true honest to God Desi Jat
recipes" are there ?

The staple that I grew up on:

1) Flat roti with "fresh off the milk" malai and shakar served on flat plate
(haath :) )
2) Roti with malai and shakar rolled up ...no plate necessary (haath :) )
3) Crumpled up roti with malai and shakar (choorma) (lots of haath :) )
4) Rice with malai and shakar (once a week after moving to the city)
5) Long seemi (boiled in water) with ghee and shakar sprinkled on top
6) Jonn (the little simis bolied in water) with ghee and shakar on top

And top it off with a glass of milk and a gudd ki dali.

Yeh omlette-shomleete kab shuru hue ? Looks like I missed out
on that revolution.

raj_rathee
May 19th, 2006, 08:02 AM
too much malai and shakar

No way!! You can never have too much Malai and Shakar !
Actually I forgot to add: Daliya with Ghee and Shakar.

Infact, just now (YES! right now!!) I am having rolled
up roti with Ghee and Shakar! In the US of A, no less !

Just recently we were able to find shakar in an Indian store here.
Good old original shakar. Bit finer and redder than I am used to but
what the heck! Still tastes just as good.

Also, we found Bajre ka aata as well. So we had Bajre ki
Roti after a looooooooooong time. Damn good.

And oh yeah, for the first time I had Bajre ki Roti ka Choorma !
Yupp ! Bajre ki roti ka choorma !!!!! Made with Shakar, of course.

devdahiya
May 19th, 2006, 08:11 AM
2 rotti lyo,bichalle thoddi si lall mirch arr nuun burkka dyo arr unn donnu rottiyan nei aappas mei massal dyo....pher halka-2 nunni ghee la dyo. Ibb inn donnu rottiyan nei roll karr dyo...........BUDDKAN-2 kha ke tei dekhkho..............AAHHA...HA Munh mei paani aa gya ...........?

downtoearth
May 19th, 2006, 10:32 AM
2 rotti lyo,bichalle thoddi si lall mirch arr nuun burkka dyo arr unn donnu rottiyan nei aappas mei massal dyo....pher halka-2 nunni ghee la dyo. Ibb inn donnu rottiyan nei roll karr dyo...........BUDDKAN-2 kha ke tei dekhkho..............AAHHA...HA Munh mei paani aa gya ...........? hehe saryaan mein nd kaka ka rott paardan ka style,,,,,, moss key chall pardoo aur budkyaan - budkyaan kha lyo :D :D :D :D ........emergency ka saaryaan mein badhiya jugaard sey yu............:D

sunitahooda
May 19th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Kaka aapney....aspecify na karya akk mandey poney sain akk Fauji rott????

sansanwalamit
May 19th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Wow delicious thread Amit:)

Once I had gone to a close friend's house for a dinner and his wife as in my bhabhi made such a nice dish with Aaloo, I dont know how to name it but it goes like this......

Some aaloos (1 kg )
Some Onion seeds (not onions....she told me its called Calonjee)
Spices especially Haldi (turmeric)
and rest is verbatim, salt, pepper, and fry the aaloos in oil with all the things and wallaah you will have a finger licking dish. Believe me its really good those Onion seeds make it really great.

Cheers,

rekharathee
May 19th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Wow delicious thread Amit:)

Once I had gone to a close friend's house for a dinner and his wife as in my bhabhi made such a nice dish with Aaloo, I dont know how to name it but it goes like this......

Some aaloos (1 kg )
Some Onion seeds (not onions....she told me its called Calonjee)
Spices especially Haldi (turmeric)
and rest is verbatim, salt, pepper, and fry the aaloos in oil with all the things and wallaah you will have a finger licking dish. Believe me its really good those Onion seeds make it really great.

Cheers,

Amit,seedha nuee na likh deta "alloo-ganthee ka saag"

arrr haann isss "ganthee kee seed" nee ke kahyaa karreenn, .....hmmmmm..........ohooo....... yadd nahi aaa ryaaaaa, hann-hann aggyyaaa yaadd "AAALLLL" kahyaa karreennn

teee yo hogyyaa" ALLO ARR GHANTHEE KI AALL" ka saag

sktomer777
May 19th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Ek ghanta(onion) lo. Uspai mukka maro aur 2 hisson main todo. Lal mitch aur lahsan(garlic) ki chutney banao, nooni ghee milao chutney main. sheet galan khao aur sehat banao......

rahultokas
May 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
arr gel mai ek gud ki dhali mil jaa tai jii sa aa jya,,,,, kyon bhai tomer:)

Ek ghanta(onion) lo. Uspai mukka maro aur 2 hisson main todo. Lal mitch aur lahsan(garlic) ki chutney banao, nooni ghee milao chutney main. sheet galan khao aur sehat banao......

poonam
May 20th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Amit, which recipe do you specialize in?..:)

Let us know your 'chef de cuisine' skills too...C'mon ..waitin'..

ritu
May 20th, 2006, 08:02 AM
lahsean mirch ki chatni
chakle pe ya counter top pe ya slab pe 2-4 lahsan ki gaantha ne 3-4 hari mircha gel adhi chamach nun gerke ragad lo belan te.er pher lassi me ya dahi me bhoone hod jeera gela mila ke tikda gel peejao.

devdahiya
May 20th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Kalle channe,Purri arr halwa.......GAjjab saudda!

anupam
May 20th, 2006, 11:55 AM
meri nu samajh main ni aai ak jatlander churma kukar bhool ge...

to bahi churme ki li 2 mote mote rot garma garam... ghee / malai & shakkar / bura (suad ke anusaar - muzaffarnagri mettha jayad khawe hain) rotiyo main bachur do... khub masan do... lo ho gaya delicious churma tayyar...

likhte - likhte mere to muh main paani aa gaya... nu dikhe aaj canteen ki roti tale na utrengi...

Anupam

ritu
May 21st, 2006, 12:30 AM
mere bhi muh me paani agaya.sakrat yaad aagayi.sakrat ne meri sasu banaya kare churma er urd ki daal

meri nu samajh main ni aai ak jatlander churma kukar bhool ge...

to bahi churme ki li 2 mote mote rot garma garam... ghee / malai & shakkar / bura (suad ke anusaar - muzaffarnagri mettha jayad khawe hain) rotiyo main bachur do... khub masan do... lo ho gaya delicious churma tayyar...

likhte - likhte mere to muh main paani aa gaya... nu dikhe aaj canteen ki roti tale na utrengi...

Anupam

chhillar
May 23rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
Mutton .5 KG
Chopped Onions 1 KG
Chopped Tomato .5 KG)

Of course add Garlic, Ginger, salt, green chilies, other spices etc. to your taste.

Make a mix of all this (no oil, frying, marination or water please), isn’t that simple!
Put it in a big pot (kadhai is the best) on a medium heat/gas. The whole process is going to take around 2 hrs but what comes out is worth it.