PDA

View Full Version : Are you going the way you want to go.....? ?

keshavdahiya
May 27th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Well this morning when i got up some thing poped up in my brain....waise to akal hai nahi but I thot about it seriously for once......so here I am...to discuss with all you mighty people of this planet......;)

...Well, when U are child, every one asks you what do u want to be when you grow up ?........for me the answer was kinda weird as I was quite fascinated about the bowl and the bag which BEGGERS carry and the shake of coins had a intriguing impact on my tympanic membrane.......so who so ever asked me what I want to be when i grow up my answer was .......mein to badda hokke bikhaari banunga...kyunki uske pass bahut paise hote hain....:p :D.....my mom & few of my cozins still make fun of me on that story.........;) :).........

.......anyway the point here is.....as to what was your dream in your life ? and what were your aspirations lately ? and Did you reach there ? or how far are you from your goal ?.......if not what are you doing now or who are you now ?.......

well seriously speaking I alwayz wanted to be some one or the other....in school days wanted to be a engineer as the word itself was so impressive for me.....and the when I was in class 8th I wanted to be a artist or designer as I used to sketch a lot.........as i landed up in 10th std.....it all changed I wanted to be a DOC in army with commando skills......you know all those paratroopers with broad shoulders and specos who rarely sleep and are always on move stealthly & who have only one aim to be at rescue on coveted missions......as one of my cozin's buddy was into such kind of stuff....

but then I managed to be a docter but with animals (A Veterinary Surgeon).....and all these years that feeling for animals has intensified......and I did a lot of surgeries and saved a few of them....;) hehe........but thats amassing each day.....
so now a days its all about wild life consulting and wild animal rescue.......may be I start living on a tree-house waiting for my cup of coffee & b'fast early morning thru a rope....;)

pata nahi bikhaari se kahan kya ban gaya mein.........:D

although Sunita started up a smilar thread a few months back but it turned up into humor........:D

devdahiya
May 27th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Well this morning when i got up some thing poped up in my brain....waise to akal hai nahi but I thot about it seriously for once......so here I am...to discuss with all you might people of this planet......;)

...Well, when U are child, every one asks you what do u want to be when you grow up ?........for me the answer was kinda weird as I was quite fascinated about the bowl and the bag which BEGGERS carry and the shake of coins had a intriguing impact on my tympanic membrane.......so who so ever asked me what I want to be when i grow up my answer was .......mein to badda hokke bikhaari banunga...kyunki uske pass bahut paise hote hain....:p :D.....my mom & few of my cozins still make fun of me on that story.........;) :).........

.......anyway the point here is.....as to what was your dream in your life ? and what were your aspirations lately ? and Did you reach there ? or how far are you from your goal ?.......if not what are you doing now or who are you now ?.......

well seriously speaking I alwayz wanted to be some one or the other....in school days wanted to be a engineer as the word itself was so impressive for me.....and the when I was in class 8th I wanted to be a artist or designer as I used to sketch a lot.........as i landed up in 10th std.....it all changed I wanted to be a DOC in army with commando skills......you know all those paratroopers with broad shoulders and specos who rarely sleep and are always on move stealthly & who have only one aim to be at rescue on coveted missions......as one of my cozin's buddy was into such kind of stuff....

but then I managed to be a docter but with animals (A Veterinary Surgeon).....and all these years that feeling for animals has intensified......and I did a lot of surgeries and saved a few of them....;) hehe........but thats amassing each day.....
so now a days its all about wild life consulting and wild animal rescue.......may be I start living on a tree-house waiting for my cup of coffee & b'fast early morning thru a rope....;)

pata nahi bikhaari se kahan kya ban gaya mein.........:D

although Sunita started up a smilar thread a few months back but it turned up into humor........:D

Kammal thread bhai...arr terre dil mha tein tappakti baattan nei suun kei merre seellak si hogi........Tanne theek kahi...jo sochya ja sei ow purra konya hontta......parr jo ho sei ow katti thheek ho sei........Wish you all the best in what you do presently.....God bless you Rakkass!

pragati
May 27th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Well this morning when i got up some thing poped up in my brain....waise to akal hai nahi but I thot about it seriously for once......so here I am...to discuss with all you might people of this planet......;)

...Well, when U are child, every one asks you what do u want to be when you grow up ?........for me the answer was kinda weird as I was quite fascinated about the bowl and the bag which BEGGERS carry and the shake of coins had a intriguing impact on my tympanic membrane.......so who so ever asked me what I want to be when i grow up my answer was .......mein to badda hokke bikhaari banunga...kyunki uske pass bahut paise hote hain.......my mom & few of my cozins still make fun of me on that story.................

pata nahi bikhaari se kahan kya ban gaya mein.........

although Sunita started up a smilar thread a few months back but it turned up into humor........

First of all, thank you very much for starting a new thread...I was getting bored to watch copy-paste stuffs.....;)
Hum sabhi sapne dekhte hai, jinki shuruwat bachpan se hi ho jati hai....jab parents ya fir koi guest puchta hai ki bade hokar kya banoge....aur ye bhi sach hai ki age ke sath-2 wo sapne badlte rahte hai, kabhi society ko dekhkar to kabhi apne se bade kisi relative/cousin ko dekhkar... "jo hum sochte hai, wo to kabhi hota hi nahi aur jo hota hai wo kabhi socha hota hi nahi"....hum sab yahi bolte hai aur ye sach bhi hai lekin mera poora vishwas es per hai ki "Jo bhi hota hai, achhe ke liye hi hota hai"...Aaj mai jis profession me hu, maine kabhi uske baare me socha bhi nahi tha, lekin me bahut khush hu aur ab lagta hai ki shayad yahi mere liye sabse achha hai....kyonki jo-jo bhi maine bachpan se socha tha, un sab professions me mere elder cousins hai, aur ab jab wo apne profession ko lakar rote hai, to muzhe lagta hai ki Bhagwan ne muzhe sahi jagah bhej diya verna aaj mai bhi aise hi ro rahi hoti...:p ;)
Aapko "Aanand" movie ki wo lines to yadd hongi na ki..." Hum sab to Rangmanch ki Kathputli hai, door to uper waale ke haath me hai"...ye hi sach bhi hai aur aisa hi hota bhi hai....ham sab apne future ko le kar planning karte hai lekin hum me se kisi ko bhi ye nahi maloom ki kal ko jindgi hamare saamne kya le kar aayegi...

VPannu
May 27th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well this morning when i got up some thing poped up in my brain....waise to akal hai nahi but I thot about it seriously for once......so here I am...to discuss with all you might people of this planet......

...Well, when U are child, every one asks you what do u want to be when you grow up ?........for me the answer was kinda weird as I was quite fascinated about the bowl and the bag which BEGGERS carry and the shake of coins had a intriguing impact on my tympanic membrane.......so who so ever asked me what I want to be when i grow up my answer was .......mein to badda hokke bikhaari banunga...kyunki uske pass bahut paise hote hain........my mom & few of my cozins still make fun of me on that story......... .........

but then I managed to be a docter but with animals (A Veterinary Surgeon).....and all these years that feeling for animals has intensified......and I did a lot of surgeries and saved a few of them....hehe........but thats amassing each day.....
so now a days its all about wild life consulting and wild animal rescue.......may be I start living on a tree-house waiting for my cup of coffee & b'fast early morning thru a rope....

pata nahi bikhaari se kahan kya ban gaya mein.........

Dear Keshav,
Its really a nice thread to share some experiences from our past.
Right from my childhood I wanted to join Indian Army as I was (and still am) really inspired by the disciplined life of an Army Officer.
I tried alot through NDA,CDS and Tech Entry. I so obsesses with this thing that I appeared in SSB interviews 8 times (some people might call me FREAK:D ), I was screened out 3 times.But still there was something that attracted me. I still have all my SSB letters. I cant remember exactly but as far as I know I first appeared for NDA interview in DEC 98.Saara Hindustan ghum liya un interview ke chakkar mein :-)
8vi baar ke baad to ghar ke bhi nyu kahan laag ge the akk baawla yo na ho liya hai tu.....fer manne bhi ghana jor sa na laaya nyu soch ke akk bhaai jibb aagla ne nahi pasand to unke bhi kyu laatthi kari bina e baat.
Fer bhaai Computer Engineer ban gaye or Australia pahonch gaye ar is computer mein e mattha maarna pade hai eeb.Aar wo faujjee retiire ho liya eeb:D :D .
P.S.Mere aaala aim to poora na ho sakta eeb par tu fer bhi try maar sakke se jibb bhi tera jee kare:cool: :p ;) :eek:

scsheorayan
May 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Grass is always green on the other side. Not many people can claim to get what they wanted so badly in life. Whether it is in professional life or personal life one has to be practical and accept certain ground realities. It is not so important as to what profession you got in to as to how sincere are you to that profession. No doubt work is most important part of all our lives but no profession is perfect. There are always pluses and minuses in any profession. Unless one gains some practical experience it is hard to make an informed decision. People do change their professions but not every one gets these opportunities. What is important in any chosen field is sincerity. Those who are sincere by nature are also sincere in their work and derive satisfaction from job welldone. Whether you are a farmer, teacher, doctor,engineer or Halwai, learn to like your job and grow in to it to the best of your capability. Human life is too short to be wasted on regrets on missed opportunities but make best use of every opportunity we get to learn and grow professionally and personally. That will bring real satisfaction in life.

keshavdahiya
May 28th, 2006, 04:02 AM
uncle ji badde gyan ki baat batai........
.....you are absolutly rite about the point that we shud not waste time thinkng about what we didnt get in life....rather give our best shot for better future sicerely..........so simple and so very true.

keshavdahiya
May 28th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Dear Keshav,
Its really a nice thread to share some experiences from our past.
Right from my childhood I wanted to join Indian Army as I was (and still am) really inspired by the disciplined life of an Army Officer.
I tried alot through NDA,CDS and Tech Entry. I so obsesses with this thing that I appeared in SSB interviews 8 times (some people might call me FREAK:D ), I was screened out 3 times.But still there was something that attracted me. I still have all my SSB letters. I cant remember exactly but as far as I know I first appeared for NDA interview in DEC 98.Saara Hindustan ghum liya un interview ke chakkar mein :-)
8vi baar ke baad to ghar ke bhi nyu kahan laag ge the akk baawla yo na ho liya hai tu.....fer manne bhi ghana jor sa na laaya nyu soch ke akk bhaai jibb aagla ne nahi pasand to unke bhi kyu laatthi kari bina e baat.
Fer bhaai Computer Engineer ban gaye or Australia pahonch gaye ar is computer mein e mattha maarna pade hai eeb.Aar wo faujjee retiire ho liya eeb:D :D .
P.S.Mere aaala aim to poora na ho sakta eeb par tu fer bhi try maar sakke se jibb bhi tera jee kare

oo fauji ya ke baat kar di tanne bhai re.......retire te naa hoya se ibe tu.......tannne ek baat bataunga........mharra ek senior tha....12 be SSB deke aaya tha......log baag usne major khen laag ge the........:p :D

er aaj paache iisi baat matna kar diye........tanne bera se na tere er mere mein ratti bhar bhi fark nahi hai....;).....reason mein aarre na batun.......he he he.....:D:D

AND as our moderator dear Sheoran uncle said........this life is not enough to waste time thinking about yesterday.....rather move on and hit it harder next day......as we waste our precios time thinkig of what was not our peace of cake........:)

भाई रै तहस - नहस कर दयो सब कुछ............काल का बेरा ना........लेकिन आज का तो बेरा सै;)

ritu
May 28th, 2006, 04:52 AM
i think iam going the way i wanted to
mere kabhi bhi kuch khas ichha nahi rahi kuch banne ki.acche ghar me shaadi ho jagi isliye padaye likhai kubh man laga ke ki.shadi ho bhi gaye er eb aaram te ash karu su.mere housewife banane ki hi ichha thi er wo me hu.
so iam going the way i wanted to:cool:

gandasa
May 28th, 2006, 10:23 AM
good thread Keshav.......
The words said by subhash uncle are so true .....
Infact these are the words of wisdom .....
The fact is
You never get what you want , You get what you Deserve....

VPannu
May 29th, 2006, 07:15 AM
oo fauji ya ke baat kar di tanne bhai re.......retire te naa hoya se ibe tu.......tannne ek baat bataunga........mharra ek senior tha....12 be SSB deke aaya tha......log baag usne major khen laag ge the........:p :D

er aaj paache iisi baat matna kar diye........tanne bera se na tere er mere mein ratti bhar bhi fark nahi hai....;).....reason mein aarre na batun.......he he he.....:D:D

AND as our moderator dear Sheoran uncle said........this life is not enough to waste time thinking about yesterday.....rather move on and hit it harder next day......as we waste our precios time thinkig of what was not our peace of cake........:)

भाई रै तहस - नहस कर दयो सब कुछ............काल का बेरा ना........लेकिन आज का तो बेरा सै;)
Bhaai re Keshav,
Manne to 'Gandasse' ki baat ghani ND laaggi,ar Sheoran uncle ki baat bhi jammma e sahi thi.Par is taagge mein hum dukh na manaan laag re ,aaapa to nu e suwaaad se le re haaan.Jo mil rya hai usme katti raaji khussi hain ar khussi te kilki maar maar jeee re hain.....par tanne ek baat ka jikar chhed diya se.... chahe to reply mein bata de ar kahta ho to bhaai dhore PM bhej dyunga;) .
Haan ar ek baat or tere senior ka bhi mere aala haal hoya ak wo chip gya Faujj main:rolleyes: ????

vins9981
May 29th, 2006, 07:27 AM
hello JATS,
hows everybody

sunitahooda
May 29th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Keshav your Thread is quite different from mine....Hazaron khwahishen aisi....in that purpose was to tell your fulfilled/unfufilled desires whereas in this we have to express Are we mwhat we wanted to be?My childhood dream was to be a Teacher....the way teachers used to take test and give marks and to punish and control the class....it was simply so fascinating for me but could not come true due to unavoidable circumstances. Now i want to be a successful HR Professional and im working to achieve my goal.

satyeshwar
May 29th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I think I was in KG when my dad told me that you are going to be an engineer someday. I told everyone the same thing from that moment onwards even though I didn't know how to spell it. I clearly remember asking a girl in my class how to spell the word! :p
As I grew older, I understood the meaning and was really fascinated by the job of an engineer. I am a Software Engineer today and quite satisfied with my job (Touch Keshav's head, you know how they say Touch wood!). Aage ka pata nahi, bhagwaan kis raah le jaaye.

By the way, there are two camps on the theory of whether we should tell the kids what they should do. Some people say that we give them an aim in their life, something to shoot for, while others say that we shouldn't burden the kids , let them explore and decide for themselves what they wanna be. I personally am of the first group, maybe because my own upbringing was like that. What do others think?

sunitahooda
May 29th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Satyeshwar....i am from the 3rd Camp....i mean after having lived in first 2 camps, finally i am in 3rd camp where i can decide what I wat to be and CAN BE and responsible for my ACTIONS and this 3rd CAMP is TOTAL FREEDOM:)
I think I was in KG when my dad told me that you are going to be an engineer someday. I told everyone the same thing from that moment onwards even though I didn't know how to spell it. I clearly remember asking a girl in my class how to spell the word! :p
As I grew older, I understood the meaning and was really fascinated by the job of an engineer. I am a Software Engineer today and quite satisfied with my job (Touch Keshav's head, you know how they say Touch wood!). Aage ka pata nahi, bhagwaan kis raah le jaaye.

By the way, there are two camps on the theory of whether we should tell the kids what they should do. Some people say that we give them an aim in their life, something to shoot for, while others say that we shouldn't burden the kids , let them explore and decide for themselves what they wanna be. I personally am of the first group, maybe because my own upbringing was like that. What do others think?

sunitahooda
May 29th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Oops....did it again

rameshlakra
May 29th, 2006, 11:48 AM
how very true " Hum sab tau is rangmanch ki katputli hai, control karney wala tau, aur koi hee hai"-- Anand.

Shubh chand ji, it is wise to like ur job and do it with sincerity, but sometimes u have ur calling somewhere else and it is better to switch over to an area where u like playing. Sometimes,in doing that one may fail but that does not deter to try it for the fun lies in trying.

When i was a kid i wanted to grow up, do an odd job and then buy lots of maanja & patangs. Then i was told that i should be a doctor, our family didnt have a doctor far and wide and relatives were falling sick left & right. Therfore i grew up fancing myself at Rohtak medical college.
Getting into NDA was all, by chance and being an Engineer, should i call, was taking further chances with life.
Lets see how many more chances i get to take a chance with life, work and otherwise.

keshavdahiya
May 29th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Keshav your Thread is quite different from mine....Hazaron khwahishen aisi....in that purpose was to tell your fulfilled/unfufilled desires whereas in this we have to express Are we mwhat we wanted to be?My childhood dream was to be a Teacher....the way teachers used to take test and give marks and to punish and control the class....it was simply so fascinating for me but could not come true due to unavoidable circumstances. Now i want to be a successful HR Professional and im working to achieve my goal.

sunita JI part-time masternii ki naukrri to aap abhi bhi kar rahi hain.......:) hehehe......aare jatland pe........:eek: .....rahi sahi kasar tu manne bera se kaadh degi chorri......chinta na manne HR aale bhi sort master-e hoya kren company ke.......hehhehhe.....
work out on you dreams.......if its really for you then you will get it.....atleast you wont repent laters that ....oooohh i didnt try that, atleast I shud have treid it.......lol...

keshavdahiya
May 29th, 2006, 12:40 PM
ooooo bhai nyu nahi keh degga.......(touch KESHAV....;)).....hehe...

anyway bhai you are rite in a way that parents do decide for our future in a big way.......but I m in the 2nd camp.......well I m definitly of the opinion that one shud let there children dream about there goals but...but ...but the parents shud intervene if there children are going rong ways........:o , becoz eventually they are the ones who have know us best. Sometimes what are parents say mite be there dreams once and they mite want there children to be like them........in other terms fulfill there dreams.........of course not alwayz the case..........:)

dndeswal
May 29th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Well, during my student days, I wanted to become a professor in some college/ university (not a 'master' - as Keshav or Dev ji sometimes point to me in humor !) so that some kind of literary activities could be continued. Parents wanted me to become an army officer. But there is no control on destiny. Indian philosophy rightly points out that we need not be the slaves of desires - these are hardly fulfilled - destiny's key or 'switch' is in the hands of God. It is He who rules supreme and we should satisfy with whatever He (God) provides us.

But my present job remains the same - keep on writing long notes and drafts - though not for publication or for the eyes of public. But here in Jatland, there is a chance for at least one interesting job - enriching the Haryanavi dictionary. Many of us speak this language but sadly, there is a neglect on the part of our schools or universities to protect this language - one who uses this, is termed as a 'ganwaar' by our own educated elite ! Chalo, unki apni soch hai - chinta kya karna?

scsheorayan
May 29th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Dear Sateshwar,
From exrience I can say that while We parents can not stop ourselves from telling children what to do and what to become. But there is no guarantee that they would like your choice in career. After all career is for life time and every parent wants to see children to lead a happy working life. Therefore their motivation and liking should take higher priority than our dreams for them. Some times out of respect for you or ignorance of the subject children will take your advice. But it is very important to ensure that they are happy with the choice and if they want to change a subject, sooner the better. Being an engineer I wanted all my children to be engineers. While they all are outstanding students none of them had any liking for engineering. First time I gave up after six months, second one only took one week. By the time third one's turn came I had learnt not to impose my wishes on them. I am glad that good sense pervailed and they are happy with their chosen careers. I am from first group but can not say the same for next generation. I think a lot of parents will share that experience. "Give them wings and see them fly, don't try to burden them with your desires and wishes". They will have their
own desires and make their own mistakes. We can not deprive them from the opportunity to learn from life. Doing so will be stunting their personal growth and confidence to face the life with chin held high. Foster them, support them,guide them but do not intimidate them in to surrender. Because that is not democratic and children are naturally rebellious to pressure which they percieve to be unjust.

satyeshwar
May 30th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Hi Sheoran uncle ji,
Interestingly enough, when I was in college, I saw so many kids who came in as "undecided majors" and after 2 precious years were gone, they still had not selected the path that they wanted to go towards. Their attitude was "I just want a degree in something, but I don't know what". As a result they spent 6-7 years to finish college. I guess we can argue that they gained experience but I have always felt that they could have been out gaining experience in the real world had they just been given some direction from early on and if they finished their college on time.
Just my 2 cents!
-Satyeshwar

rakeshsehrawat
May 30th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Waise jo tum abhi banne ki koshis kar rahe ho woh bhi aachi hai keshav
waise mein doctor ban-na chahta tha lekin ek din biology lab mein chuhe kat-te dekh ke socha ki ye nahi kar paunga aur engineer ban gaya

vipin_nadar
May 30th, 2006, 02:55 AM
What I wanted to be?
A pro with computers. this was around 10th class.
then I got hooked up with the dream of being a Naval Pilot. went for SSB twice. could not make to the medicals. no issues.
came back studied BIT and here I am working with computers. what i originally imagined to do.
A lot went by while this happened. however I guess I was born to do this and much more that I do as part of my hobbies and interests.
So if I stay on course I should be surely where how i visualized myself back in class 10th.
so it feels great.

WhoAmI? u sure u wanna know? at your own risk, chk me out at ORKUT and http://vip-in.livejournal.com

scsheorayan
May 30th, 2006, 08:02 AM
You are right Satyeshwar, at that age some of the students find it hard to make a decision and the logical solution is to gain some work experience in areas of interest and see if that is what you want to do rest of your life. I know some one who wanted to be a TV broad caster but after 1 week work experience at a TV station she was disillusioned and decided against it. I know not every one gets that opportunity and perhaps we can help those students by giving some insights about our careers, say three good points and three not so good points about each career. Perhaps in a separate thread. Why limit to three because these are the most important criteria we should pick up and make it easy for objective theoretical evaluation.It could help them save precious time.

jagmohan
May 31st, 2006, 08:27 AM
"LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING - OTHERWISE YOU WILL GO WHERE YOU ARE LOOKING".

It simply means that if one wants to go JIND from SUNPAT, he should preferably board a bus that goes to JIND via GOHANA. Well, one can reach JIND even by boarding a bus for ROHTAK, get down at KHARKHODA, catch a TEMPO for FARMANA and then another one for GOHANA. And from GOHANA you can board a bus for JIND.

Children be allowed freedom to choose a career, provided they are fully aware of the educational, technical & psychological requirements that are peculiar to and needed for pursuing each career. If they aren't aware, it is the duty of the elders, teachers, friends etc to guide them.

And as far as whether one actually achieves what one desires: I am reminded of a couplet I read in Pran's Biography.

Guzre Hue Zamane ka Tazkara hi Kya,
Achcha Guzar gaya, Bahut Achcha Guzar gaya.

Regards,

JS Malik

gandasa
May 31st, 2006, 10:09 AM

It simply means that if one wants to go JIND from SUNPAT, he should preferably board a bus that goes to JIND via GOHANA. Well, one can reach JIND even by boarding a bus for ROHTAK, get down at KHARKHODA, catch a TEMPO for FARMANA and then another one for GOHANA. And from GOHANA you can board a bus for JIND.

Children be allowed freedom to choose a career, provided they are fully aware of the educational, technical & psychological requirements that are peculiar to and needed for pursuing each career. If they aren't aware, it is the duty of the elders, teachers, friends etc to guide them.

And as far as whether one actually achieves what one desires: I am reminded of a couplet I read in Pran's Biography.

Regards,

JS Malik

Malik uncle...... you taught me something today..........
I have always lived in my past...........

rkumar
May 31st, 2006, 10:42 AM
My life story can be summed up in just two lines;

Zindgi ko jiya hai humne, sharab samajh kar
ai saaki ek piala aur pilade, ess sharab ka

RK^2

VPannu
May 31st, 2006, 10:50 AM
My life story can be summed up in just two lines;

Zindgi ko jiya hai humne, sharab samajh kar
ai saaki ek piala aur pilade, ess sharab ka

RK^2
Kalkhande Sir,
Bahot e jullamee sher likhe diya aapne to.
Sahi baat hai jamma e ...."ek pyaala or pila de":)

choudharyneelam
May 31st, 2006, 12:00 PM
indeed good thread....i never decided about my profession at my school days...i just want to be free every time and liked to enjoy the life as it comes...so i didn't took the right way for my career as i never bothered about it...that was my mistake....but i never like to lose hope untill it is all finished...i gave thought for my career when one day my mother asked me to go for something professional degree.....you know why....so that they can find a good and smart match for their daughter....and i didn't liked the idea as i'm some different kind girl....so at that time i decided for teaching or banking profession.....and now i'm in teaching job but going to pursue higher degree so that i can go high in my profession....and if i stick to one thing then i go for that only....but you also would be thinking that why i didn't opted for any MBA or MCA or any other professional degree as today's demand is for these degrees only....i think a girl must think about her future also...in what kind family she would like to be, how much she can adjust, how easily she can take her responsiblities and with that things keeping in mind she should decide her career so that she can continue it in her future life also....and i opted for teaching option keeping these things in my mind.....everybody compelled me to go for MBA but i didn't and now i'll be going for M.Com....rest i believe in luck also....jiski kismat main jo likha hota hai uski kismat apne aap usse wahin kheench ke le jaati hai.

keshavdahiya
May 31st, 2006, 01:01 PM

Regards,

JS Malik

If some one cud cogitate the compendious intellect reflected in your words......so well convened.
And infact I am of your opinion in a way that one shud alwayz look forward rather then what happened in past......ofcourse past in important and you learn from your mistakes.......(also form other's mistakes)......and one shud stick to the cardinal rules & move on..........this world is wild enough to stand you and you have to prove your excistence..........

I cud remember these words one of my freind quotes.......it goes like this.........

लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते.....बाऩध साफा जब गाबरू तयार होते.......
.........देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके.......और कहते काश हम भी जाट होते......

anujkadyan
May 31st, 2006, 05:10 PM
Interesting thread and with some good wisdom :)

Well I grew up with dreams of joining Indian Army and that was all I ever dreaned of till 9-10th std. After that I realized that because of being myopic I wont be able to join Army so I decided to pursue egineering.

At college my goals changed a bit from going for MS to taking a job or pursuing an MBA.

I gave myself sometime and in last few years I have tried to find my strengths and weaknesses and my real goals and aspiration..and I would say the process of self discovery is never ending :) I have some goals and I am moving towards them.. But are they really my goals... well as of now it looks like that.. but you never know.

I think as long as we have some direction and work diligently to progress in that it is fine.

My journey so far and my 2 cents :)

cooljat
June 1st, 2006, 10:55 PM
Well, atlast a nice thread :rolleyes:

Anyways, when I read all the posts here, it reminded me my childhood days, they all came like flashback :)

Well, in my early childhood I was very fond of star-gajing n often dreamed that one day I'll fly over to stars n moon, I often used to visit famous BM Birla Platanarium of Jaipur, so all in all I wanted to be an astronaut or an astro-scientist one day but but my papa wanted me to be a Doctor so I chose sci-bio stream n studied realy hard for medicals but kismat ko kuch aur hi manzoor tha so in 2nd attmept all I could make is to waiting list of Vetnary college, Bikaner, anyways no regrets!

In my grduation days I got hooked to famous ad of Army ' Do u have it in U?' & thou I always was facinated towards Army like most of Jats & I decided to go for Army after grdaution n couple of time I did make it to SSB interview but again I couldnt make it thro, later even I tried for teritorial army too but again, same results...anyways no regrets!

afer graduation I chose computing & did MCA n now in the field of Networking for last 4 years but now Im fade of this virtual world n no wonder I can change my track very soon....now Im more in fitness, martial arts, yoga, adventure, travelin & fitness...so in last I just wanna say that I do wanna make my passions my profession, so wish me luck :)

Rock on
Jit

yashmalik
June 2nd, 2006, 12:20 PM
Quite a Practicle topic..

Keshav, to be honest i still didnt take steps towards my goal...let my exam pass and m gonna sereously devote myself into it.

choudharyneelam
June 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
Well, atlast a nice thread :rolleyes:

Anyways, when I read all the posts here, it reminded me my childhood days, they all came like flashback :)

Well, in my early childhood I was very fond of star-gajing n often dreamed that one day I'll fly over to stars n moon, I often used to visit famous BM Birla Platanarium of Jaipur, so all in all I wanted to be an astronaut or an astro-scientist one day but but my papa wanted me to be a Doctor so I chose sci-bio stream n studied realy hard for medicals but kismat ko kuch aur hi manzoor tha so in 2nd attmept all I could make is to waiting list of Vetnary college, Bikaner, anyways no regrets!

In my grduation days I got hooked to famous ad of Army ' Do u have it in U?' & thou I always was facinated towards Army like most of Jats & I decided to go for Army after grdaution n couple of time I did make it to SSB interview but again I couldnt make it thro, later even I tried for teritorial army too but again, same results...anyways no regrets!

afer graduation I chose computing & did MCA n now in the field of Networking for last 4 years but now Im fade of this virtual world n no wonder I can change my track very soon....now Im more in fitness, martial arts, yoga, adventure, travelin & fitness...so in last I just wanna say that I do wanna make my passions my profession, so wish me luck :)

Rock on
Jit

hey Jit you will definitely make it what all you want.....all our best wishes are with you....goodluck!!:)

cooljat
June 2nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
thanks a lot Neelam
cheers!

rock on
Jit

hey Jit you will definitely make it what all you want.....all our best wishes are with you....goodluck!!:)