PDA

View Full Version : Memory test...

urmiladuhan
January 16th, 2003, 04:43 AM
If you want to test your memory,
Try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.

ajaynehra
January 16th, 2003, 04:53 AM
I got it Urmila Ji , I had my MBA exams , it was Marketing subject, Itwas the worry I had on same day last year.

Ajay Nehra

rajbirsingh
January 16th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Hello,
I would just add a line ;
We should also recall what were our ambitions just 1 yr ago today

garima
January 16th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Urmila ji
The memeory test is good but why should we worry about what was worrying us same day last year.

dkumar
January 16th, 2003, 05:27 PM
well its really a nice way....hw would we translate it memory status...i mean average, good, excellent, awesome, etc!

I can recall for last 8 yrs with 99% accuracy assured:)
Jan 15th.....
1995 - waiting for much awaited Agra Unvi results - Grad!
1996 - Busy in Prep'n of First Sem Exams (MBA)!
1997 - Undergoing 3rd Sem Exams!
1998 - Waiting for Firstever PA outcome (got news of 34% hike on Jan 23:)
1999 - Planning to Buy New Vehicle(actualised on feb 14)
2000 - It's my 3rd day in new employment and was busy with plans to execute tasks effectively in coming days!
2001 - Project Expansion was in pipeline (busy with presentation to be made to CEO)
2002 - Demo's were underway...busy with Database scrutiny!
2003 - Done with this times PA exercise!

Prior to that I could'nt recall anything specific except tentative for whole month!

Urmila Ji...It was really a great brain storming and it took almost 15-20 mins to recall and jot it down here!

Thanks & Regards!

boorams
January 16th, 2003, 09:39 PM
I suppose, Urmila's idea is just to ponder over whether all the problems which worried us in the past, were worth the attention we gave to them. In my case 90 % worries were for the reasons, the results of which, couldn't have affected my life in any case. So why worry.

I hope its not a googlee.

indian
January 16th, 2003, 09:47 PM
I got it..I was trying to recall what I was worrying about on the same day in year 2001.

urmiladuhan
January 17th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Dhanesh Kumar Koyad (Jan 16, 2003 06:57 a.m.):

well its really a nice way....hw would we translate it memory status...i mean average, good, excellent, awesome, etc!

I can recall for last 8 yrs with 99% accuracy assured:)

Jan 15th.....

1995 - waiting for much awaited Agra Unvi results - Grad!

1996 - Busy in Prep'n of First Sem Exams (MBA)!

1997 - Undergoing 3rd Sem Exams!

1998 - Waiting for Firstever PA outcome (got news of 34% hike on Jan 23:)

1999 - Planning to Buy New Vehicle(actualised on feb 14)

2000 - It's my 3rd day in new employment and was busy with plans to execute tasks effectively in coming days!

2001 - Project Expansion was in pipeline (busy with presentation to be made to CEO)

2002 - Demo's were underway...busy with Database scrutiny!

2003 - Done with this times PA exercise!

Prior to that I could'nt recall anything specific except tentative for whole month!

Urmila Ji...It was really a great brain storming and it took almost 15-20 mins to recall and jot it down here!

Thanks & Regards!

Dhanesh bhai- you think about work a lot! Doesn't that tell you something -- that you only have one worry in your life and every other aspect of your life is tension free!! Good for you :)

urmiladuhan
January 17th, 2003, 12:13 AM
Dr. Garima (Jan 16, 2003 06:57 a.m.):

Urmila ji

The memeory test is good but why should we worry about what was worrying us same day last year.

You are right Garima-- Boora jee has put down the reply very nicely to your good question.

dkumar
January 17th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Urmila Ji,

Thank you for the topic though while posting a reply I didn't thought about it but now while going through postings again I realised that a counter question Why should we worry about past is also there!

Well in my view it's not the quetion of getting worried at some point of time and remember that rahter its the question whether we memorise the past and try to remember what has happened and learn from that!

Moreover, I posted my reply with making assumption of doing instead of worrying!

"I believe that one should take every moment as it comes with keeping eye of similar development in past to overcome any mistake done!"

Urmila (Jan 16, 2003 01:43 p.m.):

Dr. Garima (Jan 16, 2003 06:57 a.m.):

Urmila ji

You are right Garima-- Boora jee has put down the reply very nicely to your good question.