and the things I dont know yet
word fade to nothing
as the cows come home
and softly dust sunset.

Amit Dahiyabadshah
25 Jan 2001

ranjitjat
January 29th, 2002, 09:40 PM
congratulation Dear AMIT very nice keep it up there are so many Mehar singh alive in Dahiyaland& jat heartland.I am very happy to know that .we will see more poet will come forward.particularly jatnis

scsheorayan
January 30th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Dear Dharampal jee,

Looks like you also miss your village and like the above poem so much. Don't we all. Congratulations to Amit for his creation and hope to get more of them. When you mentioned Jatnis, it reminded me of one Jat girl I know who has written a poem on www.poetry.com search for Bulbul Hooda.

Welcome you all poets.

ranjitjat
January 31st, 2002, 08:41 PM
SHUBHA CHANDJI RAMRAM YOU ARE VERY RIGHT.MY HEART IS ALWAYS IN HARYANA.WE ALL LOVE OUR CULTURE.BUT POEM& SONG HAVE SOFT TOUCH.JATNIS GOT THE SPECIAL TALENT,WE ALL KNOW &ENJOY .WE NEVER MEET BUT I WAS ALSO IN INDIAN NAVY BEFORE YOU.I WAS IN INS MYSORE. I STARTED A JATCLUB IN THE SHIP.ALL THE BOYS FROM HARYANA ,UP,DELHI, RAJSTHAN JOINED.WE HAD RAGNI,SONG&DANCE AND HAD GOOD TIME. WHEN I CAME TO LONDON WE STARTED HARYANA ASSOCIATION,JATNIS ALSO JOINED&WE HANDED OVER CULTURAL DEPT TO THEM. I CAN SAY JATNIS CAN DO BETTER THAN US. BUT FOJI MEHAR SINGH IS A JAT HEROES& MINE ASWELL
THE LAST SONG HE WRITE BEFORE HIS DEATH REMIND ME VILLAGE AND EVERY THING
2LINE APBHI SUNLO
DES KY UPAR JANJHOK DI LIKH CHITHHI MAE GER DIYO
SATH RAHNIYA DES KYSATHI KAR MERY PER MEAR DIYO
PASAND AYEY TO PURA LIKHDUGA

rsdalal
January 31st, 2002, 11:27 PM
Dharmpal Ji, Ram-Ram,
Thanks in Advance please write it.

scsheorayan
February 1st, 2002, 05:59 AM
Dear Dharampal ji,
Nice to know another sailor, when did you leave Mysore and which stream were you from. I joined boys in 1963 and transferred to Apprenticeship in 1964. Was on Delhi for training in 1967 and went to Mauritius for their Independence day celebration. Yes We also used to have informal group of North Indian Jats and Yadavs mainly but were not very cast conscious just the culture and there were some Pandits as well.

Please do complete the poem and also translate it for the benefit of those who can not quite understand it.

Best Regards!

Shubha Chand Sheorayan

rajeshsindhu
February 1st, 2002, 12:51 PM
Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 31, 2002 10:11 a.m.):
"DES KY UPAR JANJHOK DI LIKH CHITHHI MAE GER DIYO
SATH RAHNIYA DES KYSATHI KAR MERY PER MEAR DIYO
PASAND AYEY TO PURA LIKHDUGA"

Dharmpal Ji,
Depth, emotions and beauty involved in this 'raagni' cannot be conveyed by putting it on paper. I haven't seen any body since my childhood(including myself) who has listened this 'raagni' upto completion without tears in her/his eyes.
I respect bretherns's desire to read this 'raagni' on this site, but that won't be full justice to this 'raagni' and Jat Mehar Singh. Reader will get only 1% of its real beauty. Haryanvi music is to listen, not to read( as no writeable language on earth can express haryanvi sound on a paper).

Any way, try your best !

ranjitjat
February 4th, 2002, 07:55 PM
RAJESH BHAI GREETINGS
I AGREE WITH YOU TRUE VALUE OF THIS RAGNI IS WITH MUSIC.IT WILL BE NOT EASY TO WRITE&UNDERSTAND IN ROMAN HARYANVI. WHAT ABOUT PUTTING IT ON TAPE LIKE CHANDRAWAL.I FEEL JATLAND MUST HAVE POET LIKE MAHARSINGH ON SITE.I AM NOT A
EXPERT ABOUT COMPUTER.THIS IS ONLY A SUGGESATION.IF THE MEMBERS BROTHERS STILL WANT ON PAPER I CAN WRITE IT. YOUR VIEW PLEASE

ranjitjat
February 4th, 2002, 08:17 PM
SHUBHA CHANDJEE GREETINGS RAMRAM
I WAS IN ME.SELECTED FOR NDA BUT LEFT IN
1962 DUE TO ILLHEALTH.I BEEN TO JAPAN,SINGAPORE,PINAG&GOA ACTION.RAGNI PARTY WE STARTED IN COCHIN WENT TO EVERY SHIP.MYSORE WAS THE FLAGSHIP.RAGNI AND BOAT RACE TEAM WERE FAMOUS.EVERY CASTE CAN ENJOY A RAGNI BUT JATS WERE THEMAIN PLAYERS.THERE WERE LESS THAN 100 ANYWAY

scsheorayan
February 5th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Dear Dharampal jee,

Thanks for the information. Now there are more Jats in the Navy. You may know Mastan Singh Kaler from Hisar area. He was from Alpha batch and after leaving Navy settled down as Incometax lawyer in Chandigarh. He was also a good family friend. Your tributes to Col. Hoshiar Singh are very touching and am sure a lot of people feel that way. These were the Jats who rose above their little selves and made extreme sacrifices for the sake of country. We all can learn from their examples and try and rise above our littleselves. The World will be a better place if more people put society before self. We all are proud of such Heroes.

Best Regards!

ranjitjat
February 7th, 2002, 09:21 PM
DEAR SHUBHA CHAND JEE RAMRAM
I am trying my best to pay rich tribute to indian martyrs shaheeds & national heroes.
Yes now there are many thousand jat in indian navy.The commender of INS VIRAT was a jat.
I met with many indian navy& merchant seamen in London.I visited my brother Rajbir in navy nagar in1999. I saw many ladies singing bhajan &haryanvi songs in the park. many navyvalas playing card like a village chopal.IT is like a holi mela. thank you for your contribution& information.
with regards

urmiladuhan
November 5th, 2002, 03:08 AM
very touching!