PDA

View Full Version : Engineering College.

ajayshokeen
June 16th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone,

This year two of my first cousins appeared for IIT JEE and other engineering entrance exams, couldn't get the admission in IIT but secured an admission in SRM College of Engineering Chennai..But to be very honest, the fee structure for the same gave us soundless sleeps.....Both are real sisters and it would be very hard for my uncle and aunt to spend 15 odd lac rs on their education at one go (As of now this is the only option we have in our hands)........This was their first chance for IIT JEE... Can anyone please suggest some good regional engineering colleges in haryana and other states where the admission procedure....or if you you have any other suggestion, I will really appreciate that.

thanks in advance,
Ajay Shokeen.

itsnavin
June 16th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Dear Ajay
Haryana has many engineering colleges but NIT Kurukshetra, PEC Chandigarh, TITS Bhiwani, CRSCE Murthal, Engg. College Hissar are good one. Others are all private colleges.
Visit here: http://www.aieee.nic.in/Listinstitutions.htm for a list of NITs and other good colleges. I would suggest them to go for AIEEE 2007. A good rank in AIEEE can secure you a place in good engg. college ranked after IITs.

ajayshokeen
June 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks Navin Bhai,

Both of them appeared for AIEEE 2006 and their ranks are 1.03 lac all india and 10000 in delhi....How should we go about it..as per the colleges, most of their management seats are full. Accha navin bhai, what about amity noida.....would it be worth if we choee this option. They have a 100% placemnt record and their placement cell is quite active and have good networking among corporates. Even there are many collegues in my company GE Money who are from AMITY...Please suggest

birbal
June 16th, 2006, 11:41 PM
There are other options besides engineering. If one proceeds to a B.Sc. degree and does well, it is still possible to go to M.Sc. from IITs in many subjects with excellent career prospects. The competition by that time is not so stiff becase most of students have gone to these private engineering colleges. Medical Physics is another field I suggest that is expanding, lucrative and provides job satisfaction. Many of these so called, private engineering colleges have few qualified teachers, minimal facilities, and are essentially profitable businesses. Of course, I am not talking about places like BITS Pilani that are as good as IITs.

I personally believe in aptitude tests to determine what field is the best for the child.

ajayshokeen
June 17th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks for providing valuable tips Dr Birbal. I will tell them to consider the same as well.

ratananmol
June 17th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Dear Ajay:
This is my own experience and may be useful to you. I started late for competitive exams so i could never make to desired career options when i passed out of school. Nowadays most successful candidates take more than one attempt; so they should try once more if they think they need one more shot.
Second, as Prof.Singh has suggested that they should try for other options that are not as popular. I would urge them to consider a BA (honors) in Economics from Delhi University which is extremely popular and well sought after stream.
They can only go up after successful completion of the BA program. These days pure science disciplines arenot as lucritive as fields like management or economics;they will be able to explore these careers after graduation.
Best, Anmol.