PDA

View Full Version : biggest Jat gotra

amitnirwal
June 24th, 2006, 01:33 AM
which is the biggest JAT gotra,
this question was asked by one of my seniors ,i m not able to reply at that time .
i thought to take the help of all of you Jats, so help me as i invite your views on this topic .:confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

neerajmalik_er
June 24th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Malik Badshah.
Jus guessin........
Malik N.

rajendersingh
June 24th, 2006, 08:58 AM
dear amit,
the largest gotra among jats is poonai gotra.there is no other gotra in competition with poonia if we talk of numbers.there are more than 300 villages in rajasthan only.there are many villages in hisar,jind fatehbad and bhiwani distict of haryana.

once i came across an atlas..... the name of the atlas was india during akbar.it was a very old atlas.......could be around 100 years..in that atlas all the northern part of rajasthan was shown as "poonain desert".

anilsangwan
June 24th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Good Info Rajender Ji..

Amit Ji, Very good thread started. And I guess not only the biggest, but all big gotras should be listed and discussed here.

In my opinion Malik, Dahiya, Poonia etc are all big Gotras.

In my area Sheorans are in 52 villages and Sangwans in 40 villages.
Eager to hear from all elders.

dear amit,
the largest gotra among jats is poonai gotra.there is no other gotra in competition with poonia if we talk of numbers.there are more than 300 villages in rajasthan only.there are many villages in hisar,jind fatehbad and bhiwani distict of haryana.

once i came across an atlas..... the name of the atlas was india during akbar.it was a very old atlas.......could be around 100 years..in that atlas all the northern part of rajasthan was shown as "poonain desert".

monikadahiya
June 24th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Good Info Rajender Ji..

Amit Ji, Very good thread started. And I guess not only the biggest, but all big gotras should be listed and discussed here.

In my opinion Malik, Dahiya, Poonia etc are all big Gotras.

In my area Sheorans are in 52 villages and Sangwans in 40 villages.
Eager to hear from all elders.

sahi keh sai anill ...even i've heard that dahiya and mailk are one of the largest gotras..

Infact yeh toh kahavat bhi hai , ak dahiya arr malik ki agar shaadi ho ja, te unke bacchon ki jatton mein shaadi hona mushkil ho ja se :p :p

ranjitjat
June 24th, 2006, 10:16 AM
RAY BHAI RAJENDER BAHUT DIN MAE MILA.
ES ANIL TO MAE SUTA JAGA DIYA.
SABH SY BADA GOTRA DUDI.
PUNIYA KA- HOODA KA- FHOGAT KA- CHAHAR- CHAUHAN KA BADA BHAIBADA BHAI
DAHIYA- MALIK- RANA- SANGWAN- KALIRAWANA- SHEORAN- BALODA- BALYAN- PILANIYA- SIHAG- SUHAG JAKHAR- TOMER- SHERAWAT- NEHRA- KADIYAN- AHLAWAT- PAWAR KA RISTAYDAR.
SHEORAYAN KY 52+25= 84 KI KHAP HAE
PUNIYA KA 300 KHEDA
JAT PUNIYA HARYANA KY JO MARNE SY DARTE NAYA
NAG BANAS KI DUDI SAKHA KY YAH SURVIR KAHLAYA

GOTRA- DUDI & PUNIA RELATION.CH PITRAM DUDI EX SARPANCH- V. HAMIRWAS- DIST CHURU- RAJSATHAN.

JAT PUNIYA-PUNIA GOTRA AND DUDI JAT GOTRA

PUNIA- PUNIYA is one of the biggest jat Gotra. A very organised Khap history . had many wars with Rajput. During these war our ancestors Dudee helped them and became Dharam Bhai. Ch PitRam Dudee was sarpanch of Hamirwas village. He was also head of 300 villages of Punia Khap.
This is Honour we got from Punia gotra for help in difficult time. These are Khandani values . Ponias are more democrat and they are still honour the old dharambhai values. Pitram Dudee is brother of ponias. But we have many relations with ponias khap and in Hamirwas itself.

anilsangwan
June 24th, 2006, 10:46 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Sahi kahi Monika aap ne...

Infact yeh toh kahavat bhi hai , ak dahiya arr malik ki agar shaadi ho ja, te unke bacchon ki jatton mein shaadi hona mushkil ho ja se

anilsangwan
June 24th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Uncle Ji namastey!

Aap khajaana so history ka.. batao yaa DUDEE-POONIA dharambhai aali baat kissey ne na bera tha haddey... Delighted !!! Please keep guiding jatland on such topics...!!

Regards,
Anil

SABH SY BADA GOTRA DUDI.
DAHIYA- MALIK- RANA- SANGWAN- KALIRAWANA- SHEORAN- BALODA- BALYAN- PILANIYA- SIHAG- SUHAG JAKHAR- TOMER- SHERAWAT- NEHRA- KADIYAN- AHLAWAT- PAWAR KA RISTAYDAR.
PUNIYA KA 300 KHEDA

GOTRA- DUDI & PUNIA RELATION.CH PITRAM DUDI EX SARPANCH- V. HAMIRWAS- DIST CHURU- RAJSATHAN.

PUNIA- PUNIYA is one of the biggest jat Gotra. A very organised Khap history . had many wars with Rajput. During these war our ancestors Dudee helped them and became Dharam Bhai. Ch PitRam Dudee was sarpanch of Hamirwas village. He was also head of 300 villages of Punia Khap.
This is Honour we got from Punia gotra for help in difficult time. These are Khandani values . Ponias are more democrat and they are still honour the old dharambhai values. Pitram Dudee is brother of ponias. But we have many relations with ponias khap and in Hamirwas itself.

teotiakuldeep
June 24th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Tewatia/Teotia is one of the biggest goth in jats(and only in jats , not like others having same surname connection with rajput)having over 250 villages in west up only and others in haryana's faridabad,palwal ,rajsthan's bharatpur ,and in capital delhi.

and i will like to remind that up-villages are bigger in poppulation than of rajhsthani villages. so i guess tewatia is the biggest gotra in jats.

tewatias have produced 'only jat pm Ch. Charan Singh',raja ballu of ballabgharh, raja naher singh who ruled delhi for three months,
bharatpuriya could win delhi just because of tewatis who r surrounding delhi and looted mugals a lot . they defeated muslim of hapud and took land in there own hands.

they had alwas been busy fighting with muslims and after with english. they r the only jats who did not served as peasent they always served as warrior and only warrior.

rkumar
June 24th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Tewatia/Teotia is one of the biggest goth in jats(and only in jats , not like others having same surname connection with rajput)having over 250 villages in west up only and others in haryana's faridabad,palwal ,rajsthan's bharatpur ,and in capital delhi.

and i will like to remind that up-villages are bigger in poppulation than of rajhsthani villages. so i guess tewatia is the biggest gotra in jats.

tewatias have produced 'only jat pm Ch. Charan Singh',raja ballu of ballabgharh, raja naher singh who ruled delhi for three months,
bharatpuriya could win delhi just because of tewatis who r surrounding delhi and looted mugals a lot . they defeated muslim of hapud and took land in there own hands.

they had alwas been busy fighting with muslims and after with english. they r the only jats who did not served as peasent they always served as warrior and only warrior.

Umm.. bat me damm hai... its not just the number of villages but their size also counts.. Lagta hai takkar kaante ki hai... We need for facts and figures to prove which gotra is bigger...One this is certain..it can not be my Gotra...LOL.. May be we are among the smallest..

RK^2

prashantacmet
June 24th, 2006, 02:13 PM
ooooo Bhai............. Teotia........... kaha ku hai yeh thaarre 250 Gaam west UP main........ Ginwaaye haamne tu................. In western UP
three Jaat Gotra are dominating......
1. TOMER (84 villages)
2. BALIYAAN(84 villages)
3. MALIK(52villages)

intai badi koi KHAAP ho UP main to majhe ginwaaye tu.....................
250 ki to baat tu door dhar tu manne 20 GAAM ginwa de tewatoia ke West UP main????????????:eek::eek:

teotiakuldeep
June 24th, 2006, 02:29 PM
ooooo Bhai............. Teotia........... kaha ku hai yeh thaarre 250 Gaam west UP main........ Ginwaaye haamne tu................. In western UP
three Jaat Gotra are dominating......
1. TOMER (84 villages)
2. BALIYAAN(84 villages)
3. MALIK(52villages)

intai badi koi KHAAP ho UP main to majhe ginwaaye tu.....................
250 ki to baat tu door dhar tu manne 20 GAAM ginwa de tewatoia ke West UP main????????????:eek::eek:

bhai just move in mathura,bulandshahr, gaziabad,muradabad,nainitaal,aligharhand faridabad this all area is dominated by tewatias

just ask any genral jatfrom these area abt bhatonia he will tell u that there r 360 villages of bhatonia,all tewatia of up r known as bhatonia

mca_malik
June 24th, 2006, 02:38 PM
hi
in my opinion MALIK is the biggest JAT gotra.

this question was asked by one of my seniors ,i m not able to reply at that time .
i thought to take the help of all of you Jats, so help me as i invite your views on this topic .:confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

anilsangwan
June 24th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Menne bera sei final conclusion yoh niklega "All Jat Gotras are Big!!!"

par laage raho... laage raho. Kam se kamm nayee nayee baatein pata chal rahi hain jat history ki..

drrajpoonia
June 24th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Biggest gotra in jats...Poonia/Punia....very long history,
400 villages in rajasthan ,haryana and delhi .according to ponia khhap.khhap office in rajgarh.
in rajasthan in some tehsils, like-rajgarh-75% poonia of total population.
poonia gotra is a 20%of total jats in india.

cooljat
June 24th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I guess Poonia is the biggest Gotra....u find a lotta Puniyas in Rajasthan too, even my mamaji is also Puniya!

waise meri Gotra Takhar is hard to find, but I came to know that Takhar is also a common gotra in Sikh Jats!

add more info!

Rock on
Jit

choudharyneelam
June 24th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Maine bhi Poonia aur Malik gotra hi sabse bade gotra sune hain abhi tak to....We are Sangwan, from the same place where Anil belongs to.....mera gaon ke ho bhai tum bhi:)....lakin tumne ye nahin bataya ki U.P. main bhi sangwan kaafi hain....40 gaon to U.P. ko exclude karke bataye hain....total dekho kitne hain....mujhe bhi theek se nahin pata, lakin filhal 40 hi bole jaate hain....agar isse jyada hon to jaroor batana.

anilsangwan
June 24th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Bebe Neelam,

menne na bera tha.. Sunna jarroor tha mere Daddy pe ki UP mein bhi kuchh gaon hai Sangwans ke... Lekin Kabhi kisi se pata nahi chala..

aap sahi kehti ho ki abhi bhi 40 gaon ho boley jaate hain... Infact not only in Bhiwani, I heard some village in Sonepat Dist as well from former MP Sh Kishan Singh Sangwan hails.

Aap UP ke Sangwan gaon ke baarey mein batao kuchh !!!

Maine bhi Poonia aur Malik gotra hi sabse bade gotra sune hain abhi tak to....We are Sangwan, from the same place where Anil belongs to.....mera gaon ke ho bhai tum bhi:)....lakin tumne ye nahin bataya ki U.P. main bhi sangwan kaafi hain....40 gaon to U.P. ko exclude karke bataye hain....total dekho kitne hain....mujhe bhi theek se nahin pata, lakin filhal 40 hi bole jaate hain....agar isse jyada hon to jaroor batana.

rajendersingh
June 24th, 2006, 08:40 PM
bhai kuldeep tewatia saheb,
great josh..keep it up ....even if your gotra is not the largest gotra who has got guts to fight it out....i think only dahiyas, maliks and sangwans can challenge u.......baki tera gotra to poonia se 1/10 bhi nahi se ginti mein ...lekin es joss ke samane kon khada ho sakta se.

ek baniya ek jat se kuch paise mange tha. jat ne baniye se udhare liye the......banye jat se bar..bar paise mangata..aur jat tang agya....agli bar baniya jat ke pas paise mangan gaya to jat bolya bhai lal konse paise...baniya bole bhai jo maine tumhe udhare diye the....jat baniye se bola re kirraaaad mange to tab jab maine liye hoan. maine liye hi nahin to tu mange kis cheez ke hai? baniya apna moonh leke ghar chala gaya.

moral of the story: jat mana karde to se usse haan karvana bada mushkil hai.

rajendersingh
June 24th, 2006, 08:43 PM
dudi sahab namaskar ,
welcum. josh pura hai, ise barkarar rakhna. ab peeche hathne ka koi sawaal nahin hai.hahaaaahaaaaa

jagmohan
June 24th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Dear All,

It is not the question of whether one 'Gotra' has more numbers than the other. What difference does it make. The question asked should be what have we done to mitigate the problems of JATS.

Also a remineder to those who have been propagating the union of all JATS (Hindu, Muslim & Sikhs) under one banner, GATHWALA (MALIK) is undoubtadly a very big GOTRA.

I am waiting for the day when JATS as a whole will be the biggest and strongest group in this world.

Till then keep persevering.

regards,

JS malik

ranjitjat
June 24th, 2006, 11:58 PM
KNOW YOUR JAT HISTORY.- KNOW YOUR ORIGIN
THIS IS GOOD FOR UNITY & PROGRESS.
ALL THIS INFORMATION IS ON THIS SITE ALSO ON WIKI JAT GOTRA AND ON MANY SEARCH- LINK OF JAT HISTORY
Punia or Poonia is a gotra of jats in Rajasthan, India. They are the descendents of Paunbhadra rishi. They belong to the Naag race. As per Hisar Gazetteer they are considered to be of Shiva gotra, originated from the locks of Shiva. Shivi and Taxak were neighbourers. After the attack of Alexander the Shivi and Taxak people moved down Panjab and occupied jangladesh. Punia Gotra Jats were one of them to occupy parts of Jangladesh. They reached here in early century and ruled till 15th century when Rathores occupied the Jangladesh.

Rathores under the leadership of Bika and Kandal were spreading their rule in Jangladesh. At that time Punia Jat were ruling six states and about 300 villages. The extent of rule of Punias spread from Jhasal, which was their capital, to Marod. Marod town is situated at a distance of about 40 kms from present Rajgarh town. Godara Jats had aligned with Rathores due to which Punias faced a defeat and moved to Uttar Pradesh. Punias had strongly retaliated and were able to kill Rathore Raja Rai Singh.

Reference
Thakur Deshraj: Jat Itihas (Hindi), Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, 1934.

The Poonia Gotra history which dated way back in 1459 AD,when house of Joda were in process to annex the six Jat cantons namely.

1 Poonia 300 Bahaderan, Ajltpoor, Scedmookh, 'RaJgurh', Dadrewoh, Sankoo, etc

2 Beniwal 150 Bookurko, Sondurie, Munohurpoor, Kooie, Bae etc.

3 Johya 600 Jaetpoor, Koombanoh, Maha]in, Peepa sir Uodigoor etc.

4 Asiag'h 150 Raotsir, Birmsir, Dandoosir, Gundaeli

5 Saran 100 Kaijur, Phoag, Boochawas, Sowae, Badinoo Sirsilah. etc.

6 Godara 700 Poondrasir, Gosensir (great)) Shelihsir Gursisir) Garibdesir, Rungaysir) Kaloo) etc.

Ram Singh, son of Kalayan Singh, was slained by Poonia Jats , who were among the last 6 jat cantons succummed by Jodas conquest :

Here are the excerpts from Lt. Col James Tod's Annals & Antiqueties of Rajathan.:

They considered themselves, in short, as a distinct class, and, as a Pooniah Jit informed me " their wuttun was far beyond the five Rivers." Even in the name of one of the six communities (the Asiagh), on whose submission Beeka founded his new state, we have nearly the Asi, the chief of the four tribes from the Oxus and Jaxartes, who overturned the Greek kingdom of Bactria.
The period of Rahtore domination over these patriarchal communities was intermediate between Timoor's and Baber's invasion of India. The former, who was the founder of the Chagitai dynasty, boasts of the myriads of Jat souls he " consigned to perdition " on the desert plains of India, as well as in Transoxiana. So we may conclude that successive migrations of this people from the great " storehouse of nations " went to the lands east of the Indus, and that the communities who elected Beeka as their sovereign, had been stablished therein for ages. The extent of their possessions justifies this conclusion ; for nearly the whole of the territory forming the boundaries of Bikaner was possessed by the six Jat cantons namely:—

1. Poonia, 2, Godara, 3. Saran 4. Asiagh 5. Beniwal 6. Johya, or Joweya

Calain Sing succeeded in S. 1603. He had three sons, 1. Rae Sing; 2. Ram Sing ; and 3, Pirthi Sing.

Rae Sing succeeded in S. 1630 (A.D. 1573)- Until this reign the Jats had, in a great degree, preserved their ancient privileges. Their maintenance was however, found rather inconvenient, by the now superabundant Rajpoot population, and they were consequently dispossessed of all political authority

Ram Sing, having thus destroyed the power of future resistance in the Johyas, turned his arms against the Poonia Jats, the last who preserved their ancient liberty. They were vanquished, and the Rajpoots were inducted into their most valuable possessions. But the conqueror paid the penalty ot his life for the glory of colonising the lands of the Pooniahs. He was slain in their expiring effort to shake off the yoke of the stranger ; and though the Ramsingotes add to the numerical strength, and enlarge the territory of the heirs of Beeka, they, like the Kandulotes, little increase the power of the state, to which their obedience is nominal. Seedmook'h and Sankoo are the two chief places of the Ramsingotes.
SOURCE- AADHUNIK JAT ITIHAS- DHARMPAL SINGH DUDEE

ranjitjat
June 25th, 2006, 12:10 AM
DEAR MAJOR Rajender Sahib
thank you for welcome.
JOSH TO BANAYE RAKHNA HAE
NAHI TO MERI LIKHI JAT HISTORY HI WRONG HO JAYEGI,
AUR AP JANETY HAN KI- CHandgi Ram ji ky Akhde ka Pahalwan jo hun.
AKK BAR Sachai ki Ungali- pakad kar pahucha pakdne per fir hath nahi chhudta. Fact - FIGURE RIGHT HONI CHAHIYE.
SACHI KAHANA SUKHI RAHNA.
Apaki Sisters mile thi Rambas mae- Unke Barane Aage Shadi mae Khub dance kiya.

ranjitjat
June 25th, 2006, 12:49 AM
ANI YAH TO PATA CHAL GAYA KI BHAI TUH MEMORIAL KY PHOTO - MOVIE TO NAHI BAEJGA.
44 Villages to Charkhi Dadri mae hi Sangwan KY- Panjab mae Sanga khap hae. UP- Haryana- Rajastan mae bahut Gaun han.
Per tuh- Kishan Singh Sangwan ny Ex- MP Kuyu Bana raha hae. BJP MP FROM SONIPAT- ABHI TO BANAKAR AAYE HAN- DELHI MAE MILA THA.
SANGWAN KY JAGGA KO LAEKAR- KHEDI BURA SY PIDHI MILA KAR AAYA HUN. BAHUT INFORMATION MILE HAE- AGLI BOOK MAI LIKHUGA

ranjitjat
June 25th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Dear Col Malik Sahib
I agree with you. We All are blood brothers & Relatives.
All gotras are= and one Family tree.
Knowing History- Origin is good for unity & progress

But that is the way we are.
What is history - How to progess
All are different topic.
Yah to kuch nahi han- Jats jab ikhathe hote han yah bat to karty hi han.
Yah to normal hae- Pata to jab lagga- Jab Fauji ka central pool gad ga.
How to conduct a maeningful debate
Some gotras are very old. They are common in Hindi- Sikh- Muslim Jats - Rajputs- Yadav- Gujar- Mali- BIshnoi.
Even Gathwala Malik are union of 4 Gotras. But they have very old Panchayat and Dada Partha- 4 Dada to hamne dekh liy Dada Ch Ghasi Ram sy Abhitak

anilsangwan
June 25th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha Uncle ji foto bhej dee hain aapke talk21 account pe..

Thanks again for the info..

Sorry for referring Mr Sangwan as Ex MP, I really didn't remember that he is alone BJP MP in state.

Regards,
Anil

ANI YAH TO PATA CHAL GAYA KI BHAI TUH MEMORIAL KY PHOTO - MOVIE TO NAHI BAEJGA.
44 Villages to Charkhi Dadri mae hi Sangwan KY- Panjab mae Sanga khap hae. UP- Haryana- Rajastan mae bahut Gaun han.
Per tuh- Kishan Singh Sangwan ny Ex- MP Kuyu Bana raha hae. BJP MP FROM SONIPAT- ABHI TO BANAKAR AAYE HAN- DELHI MAE MILA THA.
SANGWAN KY JAGGA KO LAEKAR- KHEDI BURA SY PIDHI MILA KAR AAYA HUN. BAHUT INFORMATION MILE HAE- AGLI BOOK MAI LIKHUGA

vins9981
June 25th, 2006, 08:04 AM
anyone who is looking for the biggest jat gotra, should look for the oldest jat gotra.
jat wiki also provides much info on the issue too.
Dahiya may not be living in 1000's of villages but i can guarantee that Dahiya is one of the most ancient gotra of jats.

msingh
June 25th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I think Dudee sir we are missing one more gotra,,Thats Solanki
i think there r more than 200 villages of solanki Gotra,,correct me if i am wrong ,,
thanks
SABH SY BADA GOTRA DUDI.
PUNIYA KA 300 KHEDA

manu14
June 25th, 2006, 09:55 AM
gulia ke 1,50,000 (dedh lakh gaam ) hariyaanna me
ha ha ha
kidding .....eeb chaadd maanaa jayiyo rashan paani leke
dekh yoo neele (anil ) bethaa se kanthaare tadke tadak ,,,tukek thyawas rakhiyaa kadde aaja haade bhiddan hahahahah now

dudee uncle namaste
thanks for all the information ,plz put some light on gulia khap ki history also i just want to know? if u have some thing about that
thanks a lot in advance i know aapkee pittare me jaroor hoga kooch if the thing is not relevent to the thread can pm me n tell thanks again

anilsangwan
June 25th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha Manish...yoh kaatya rog...Dedh laakh gaam....ha ha ha ha ha.... Yeh apni isi isi post ghanna e rolla howann tein bacha lewein sein... na to logg katt ke marr jyaan haddey...Humor bagaandaa reh Manish...

Kanthaarey..ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...menne yoh "merlion" sher sa (background mein) bhoonda pasand aa ra sei.. saale ne jadd tein paadd ke laaonga aamti aanii... Rohtak mein D Park mein gaandengey iss ne... Huddey paani bagawega yoh.. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..Dekhey e na Singapore aale...

gulia ke 1,50,000 (dedh lakh gaam ) hariyaanna me
ha ha ha
kidding .....eeb chaadd maanaa jayiyo rashan paani leke
dekh yoo neele (anil ) bethaa se kanthaare tadke tadak ,,,tukek thyawas rakhiyaa kadde aaja haade bhiddan hahahahah now

dudee uncle namaste
thanks for all the information ,plz put some light on gulia khap ki history also i just want to know? if u have some thing about that
thanks a lot in advance i know aapkee pittare me jaroor hoga kooch if the thing is not relevent to the thread can pm me n tell thanks again

rkumar
June 25th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Sangwan is also a very much international gotra. One can see them in China, Thailand and may be in few other countries. I came across Punia surname in USA also (http://www.uvm.edu/~punia/resume/).. As mentioned many times over in my history section write ups, Jats are spread all over the word and can be found in all religions and nationalities.

RK^2

choudharyneelam
June 25th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Bebe Neelam,

menne na bera tha.. Sunna jarroor tha mere Daddy pe ki UP mein bhi kuchh gaon hai Sangwans ke... Lekin Kabhi kisi se pata nahi chala..

aap sahi kehti ho ki abhi bhi 40 gaon ho boley jaate hain... Infact not only in Bhiwani, I heard some village in Sonepat Dist as well from former MP Sh Kishan Singh Sangwan hails.

Aap UP ke Sangwan gaon ke baarey mein batao kuchh !!!

Anil main bhi U.P. Sangwan's ke baare main nahin jaanti....bas ye bhi hame apni badi sister ke office main ek U.P. ke Sangwan bhaiya se pata chala hai....uss bhaiya ne hi bataya tha....phir ghar aaye to poochungi.....right now he is busy.....but he told us that there are more villages of Sangwans....lakin abhi bhi 40 hi count kiye jaate hain.....kyunki sabko nahin pata, issliye.

choudharyneelam
June 25th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Sangwan is also a very much international gotra. One can see them in China, Thailand and may be in few other countries. I came across Punia surname in USA also (http://www.uvm.edu/~punia/resume/).. As mentioned many times over in my history section write ups, Jats are spread all over the word and can be found in all religions and nationalities.

RK^2

you are right sir

sktewatia
June 25th, 2006, 10:51 PM
You all are forgetting Mann. Mann is one of the most common surname in Europe, particularly Germans. One third of German names end up with Mann viz. Shermann, Gillmann, Heinmann (father of Homeopathy medicine), Dobbermann (was a german scientist who made Dobbermann-the most intelligent and ferrocious dog, during Hitler's reign)....

Tewatia is also a big got not only in India but in Europe also where its pronounced as Teuton (Tewatian, Tewtian, Teotian, Teutian, Teuton...). Its invariably related to Jutes, Jutland....there, even all Germans, European Aryans, Jutes, Gots/Goths etc. over there are called to be derived from Teutonic race. Just google Teutonic on net and find out.

Takhar is also too big. Its called Tokhar in Central Asia. Just google Tokaristan on net. Its comparable to Sakas (modern Sekhon, Sikarwar Jats), Huns (Modern Henga Jats of Mathura-Bharatpur, name giver to Hungary, Han(z) of Germany and China), Goths (means Jats), Getae (means Jats), Turks (Tur Jats), Aryan etc. in World History.

No doubt Dahiya is also a very big got. Modern Romania's original name was Gets Dacia meaning Jat Dahiya, Afganistan's name was also Dahiya before Bacria, even Caspian sea was also called Dahi(ya) sea, Dadhi sea, the sea of curd as pauranic historisans sanskrited it and called it Kshir Sagar. Where lord Vishnu stays on Sheshnag.

I must mention here that Got/Goth is a synonym of Jat in India as well as Europe. At both the places Jats were known by these two names. Jats are originator of the words Jati and Gotra in India. Where gotra is a sanskritised form of Got (Jat)only. I've seen that in no theth language of Jats in India whether Punjabi, Haryanvi, Braj, Rajasthani etc. they till today call it gotra. Whenever a Jat asks another Jat he simply asks "Tera ki got hai?", "Thara ke got se?", "Tyahro koon so got hai?" Nowhere he asks "thara ke gotra se?" This simply means that You are Jat, its ok, but which Jat (Jati) are you? Whether you are Baliyan Jat (got), Rana Jat (got), Dahiya Jat(got)....

Every Jat goth in my opinion is very big and ancient one. Its only a matter of historical and (social) geographical knowledge. Thats why every Jat is a proud of his own got but treats others also at par and equality. Here, Jats behave unlike Rajputs where Chauhans are superior to Parmars and Gahlotes are superior to Kachhwahas etc.

ranjitjat
June 26th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Dear Manis Bhai Gulia ny kon bhul sakta hae. Phir navy ka Gulia
Bhai Potli ki to Book ban gaye. yaha jatland per bhi Gulia ky bare mae bahut kuch likh raha hae.
Per yah history section nahi. Sari potli khol ne per yah post- thread delete ho jayegi- Ham sary ban ho jagegy.
Dekha nahi Col Malik sahib- Machine Gun laekar seer par khade.
Phir bhi 2 line sunely.
Jat kaum ki adbhut gatha naman karo un hiro ko
Timur ki Chhati mae Bhalla mara Harvir Gulia sy biro ko.
Badli ke Desra Kaaj Ka Duniya mae Ruka rola ho
Ch ChhotuRam Jis Gotra mae bihaya- Parnaya ho.
Rao TulaRam- Bori- Bistar Badli mae dhar ky Bhaga ho
1857 mae Angrejo sy Badli ki Jato ny Gahta gawaya ho
85 Sal ky Prof Hari Singh ny ChhotuRam Dham banaho

Arath - Majoli ki Barat mae Dharmpal ny Ghoda dodaya ho
US Badli ki Madur yad ko Dudee kase bhul sakta ho.
2 April ko Prof Hari Singh sy Mae Bhi Milkar Aaya ho
Navin Gulia ny bhi Khub jan jagrati ka rooka machaya ho

READ THE STORY OF HARVEER GULIA
More on Yahoo Jat History group.
.In 1398 AD Timur made a ferocious attack on Bharat (India) with 92,000 horsemen. On receiving the news of Timur's total and open looting and destruction, in Vikram Samvat 1455(1398 AD), kartick badi 5, Raja Devpala (who was born in the village of Nirpradha, District Meerut in a Jat family), who was incharge of the of the Haryana SarvKhap Panchayat, called a Mahapanchayat in the jungles in the middle of the villages of Tikri, Doghat, and Daha.The chief committee passed the following resolutions: -1) All villages would be emptied.2) The elders and women, and children would be taken to safe places3) All able-bodied men would join the army of the SarvKhap4) Th young women would also take up arms like the men.5) The army of Timur, which was advancing from Delhi to Haridwar, would be fought with Guerilla warfare, and the water in his way would be poisoned.6) 500 young horsemen would follow Timur and report his whereabouts to the SarvKhap armyThe Panchayat Army: Under the flag of the panchayat, 80,000 warrior soldiers (Mulls) and 40,000 young women joined together. These heroes also handled all the arrangements of the war materiel. From hundreds of miles around Delhi Heroic warriors came to the battlefield ready to sacrifice their lives. All the young men and women took up arms. Dharampal Dev a Jat warrior, who was 95 years old, played a great part in gathering together this army. He traveled day and night on horseback to encourage men and women and gather the army. His brother Karan Pal helped arrange money, grain, and clothing for the army.The choosing of the Supreme General, the deputy general and the other generals.In this endeavor of the SarvKhap, the hero warrior Jograj Singh Gujar was chosen Supreme General. He was of the Clan Khubar Parmar, and hailed from a village near Haridwar called Kunja. Later this Village was uprooted and destroyed by the Mughals. The clan of the Hero Jograj Singh escaped from this village and reached Lundora, Detract of Sahranpur, where they settled. Here they established the Lundora Gujar Kingdom. Jograj Singh was a celibate and renowned wrestler. He was 7 feet, 9 inches tall, and weighed 8 maunds. His daily diet was four seers of grain, 5 seers of vegetables and fruit, one seer of cows' s ghee (Clarified butter) and 20 seers of Cows milk. (Approximately: 1 seer = I kilogram, I maund + 40 seers = 40 kilograms).The general chosen from among the heroic maidens were 1) Rampiari Gujar, 2) Hardai Jat, 2) DeviKaur Rajput, 3) Chandro Brahmin, and 4) Ramdai Tyagi. All of them took a vow to lay down their lives in defence of their nation.Deputy Generals - 1) Dhula Bhangi ( Valmiki), and (2) Harbir Singh Gulia Jat, were chosen.Dhula Bhangi was a resident of the Village of Hansi, near Hissar. He was a strong and powerful brave warrior. An expert in guerilla warfare, a great raider, his weight was 53 Dharis (I dhari = 5 seer. Approx. 160 kilograms). On being chosen as Deputy general, he gave a speech, " In my life I have made many raids your giving me respect has made my blood boil. I take a vow before all the warriors, that I will spill my blood for the defense of my nation, and will not let the pure flag of the SarvKhap be lowered. I have taken part in many wars, and will sacrifice my life in this one". Having said this he took some blood from his hip, and sprinkled it at the feet of the supreme general. He then unsheathed his sword and said" This will drink the blood of the enemy and will not go back to its sheath." Hearing the speech of this heroic warrior, a wave of enthusiasm and courage ran through the army of the Panchayat, and every cried out slogans of the motherland.The second deputy general was Harbir Singh Jat, of the Gulia Clan. He was from the village Badli, district Rohtak I Haryana He was 22 years old, and weighed 53 Dharis (approx. 160 kilograms). He was strong and brave warrior,The names of the generals were 1) Gaje Singh Jat Gatwala, 2) Tuhiram Rajput, 3) Nedha Rawa, 4) Sarju Brahmin, 5) Umra Taga (Tyagi), and 6) Durjanpal Ahir.The deputy generals chosen were 1) Kundan Jat, 2) Dhari Gadariya, who was a Dhari, 3) Bhondhu Saini, 4) Hulla Nai ( barber),5) Bhana Julaha ( Harijan) 6) Aman Singh Pundir ,rajput 7) Nathu Pardar, rajput 8) Dhulla ( Dhandi) Jat, who would lead raids from Hissar, to Dadri, to Multan.9) Mamchand Gujar 10) Phalwa Kahaar.Assistant generals. 20 assistant's generals were chosen from the various jatis (castes).The hero Bard: the Eminent Scholar Poet Chandrabhutt (Bhat) as chosen as the official Bard. He wrote an eye witness account of the war with Timur.SOME EXCEPRPTS FROM THE SPEECH OF THE SUPREME GENERAL JOGRAJ SINGH.' Viroh (Heroes), reflect on the sermon given by Lord Krishna to Arjun in the Gita. For us the door t heaven (moksha) has been opened. That moksha, which the Rishi Munis achieve by doing Yoga, the hero warriors achieve by sacrificing their lives on the battlefield. Save the nation, that is- sacrifice yourselves, the world will honor you. You have chosen me leader. To my last breath I will not withdraw. I salute the Panchayat, and take oath that until my last breath I will defend the soil of Bharat. Our nation has been shaken by the crimes and attacks of Timur. Warriors arise and do not delay. Fight the enemy army and throw them out of the nation."On hearing this speech a wave of heroism ran through the assembly. 80, 000 warriors and 40,000 maiden warriors kissed their swords and took an oath, ' O General, while we breathe we will obey your orders, and sacrifice our lives for our country'.The Troops. - the Panchayat Army, spread out from Delhi, to Meerut, Muzzafarnagar, Sahranpur, and Haridwar. On reaching these places they tangled with the armies of Timur, and using Guerilla warfare, they did not them sit still. The enemy army had to escape by the route of the hills and the enemy was chased upto Ambala, and expelled out from the land of Haryana.THE BATTLE OF DELHI:-At the time that Timur was looting Delhi, and putting the population to the sword.20,000 warriors of the Panchayat army, made a surprise attack on the 52,000 strong army of Timur in the middle of the night, and killed 9,000 of them, and let their corpses be swept away in the river Yamuna. As soon as dawn came these heroic soldiers of the Panchayat returned to outside the city walls. The battle carried on like this for three days.Timur Lung got frustrated , left Delhi and advanced toward Meerut.THE BATTLE OF MEERUT: -Timur, with his numerous and powerful army, with much weaponry, advanced towards Meerut. In this land, Timur's army was given no space to breathe. The battles continued all through the day. Wherever the Army of Timur would stop for the night, the Panchayat army would attack, and uproot them. The heroic Devis (goddesses- women) would deliver food and war material to their soldiers wherever they were. The warrior maidens would attack and loot the supplies of the enemy. The 500 horsemen were doing their duty by keeping everyone together and bearing information.As supplies were not reaching them, the army of Timur started to go hungry. Whichever village came in its path would be destroyed. Becoming frustrated Timur advanced towards Haridwar.THE BATTLE OF HARIDWAR:Beyond Meerut, to Muzzafarnagar and Sahranpur, the Panchayat armies fought fiercely with Timur and did not let his army take hold (grip). The Supreme General,. the Deputy Generals and the Generals were handling their armies well. The army of Timur reached Tuglakpur- Pathrigarh, which is 5 Kos south of Haridwar. In this land the army of the Panchayat fought three major battles with the army of Timur. The Deputy Commander Harbir Singh Gulia, along with 25,000 warriors of the Panchayat army, made a fierce attack on a big group of Timur's horsemen, and a fierce battle ensued where arrows and spears were used (There over2, 000 hill archers joined the Panchayat Army. One arrow pierced Timur's hand.). Timur was in the army of horsemen. Harbir Singh Gulia charged ahead like a lion, and hit Timur on his chest with a spear, and he was about to fall under his horse, when his commander Khijra, saved him and separated him from the horse. (Timur eventually died from this wound when he reached Samarkhand). The spearmen and swordsmen of the enemy leapt on the Harbir Singh Gulia, and he fainted from the wounds he received and fell.1. At that very time, the Supreme Commander Jograj Singh Gujar, with 22,000 Mulls (warriors) attacked the enemy and killed 5000 horsemen. Jograj Singh himself with his own hands lifted the unconscious Harbir Singh and brought him to the camp. But a few hours later, the hero warrior Harbir Singh achieved martyrdom. Jograj Singh suffered a big blow from the martyrdom of the warrior.

mukul_baliyan
June 26th, 2006, 12:51 AM

RK^2

Rajender ji

Kalkhande ke Muzaffarnagar (West UP) ke under 5 gaon hai all arround the Shamli

Aap khan se ho

bsbaliyan
June 26th, 2006, 07:39 AM
In my view prashant Choudhary is correct, Baliyan and tomar population is most. Well Khap cant be counted by villages, as in Rajasthan 10 houses can make one village. I belong to Muzzafarnagar and married in rajasthan village where there are hardly 30 houses of same family.

ranjitjat
June 26th, 2006, 08:44 AM
JAT GOTRA- SOLANKI, AHLAWAT, and JOON
Manisha ji You are right.
There are more than 200 villages of Solanki Khap.
But here we are only talking about biggest Gotra.
This is not historysec- nor we writing history here.
If I write more My post will be deelted. this thread will be close.
I hope this thread will not close- will be transfer in History sec. soon.
Solanki- Ahlawat & Joon are the same gotra.
How can I forget My friend Ravi Chaudhry & Capt Dalip Singh Ahlawat Historian. His father Hav. Rai Singh and my grandfather Hav Ranjit Singh were together in 6Jat/1 Royal Jat BN- 1914 frist world war in France
For your information I have already written the following chapter in Aadhunik Jat History
SOLANKI GOTRA
Ahlawat and Joon Gotras belong to that branch of Solanki,( Chalukya) which ruled
over Kaliani and Vatapi in South India from the 5th to the 12 century
AD. They had a staunch enemy - Raja Rajendra Chol. He attacked them
with an army one lakh (hundred thousand) strong, during the reign of
Raja Satish Raj Solanki and seized a major part of their Kingdom.

In 1052 a new ruler of this dynasty came forth to redeem the old loss.
His name was Ahumal and his titles were Sameswar I and Raj Raja. He
attacked the Chol Kingdom with a large army, conquered it and married
Umang Devi, the daughter of the Chol King. He made Bangi his new
capital; this capital existed astride the Tungabhadra River. Ahumal
died in 1068 AD. His dynasty is called Ahlawat.

His son Sameswar II ruled upto 1176 AD. He was dethroned by his brave
brother Bikr Manak, who crowned himself king. He took the Title Kulu
Jang or Vikramaditya IV. He conquered a large part of South Eastern
India and in the NorthWest upto Kashmir. (A reference to this is
found in a book on Indian History in Hindi by Misar Bandhu and in the
dynastic tables of the Joon and Maare of a bard of Sonepat.). Kulu
Jang reigned upto 1227 AD.

After his death the Solanki empire declined. The kingdom got broken
up into pockets and eventually disintegrated.

Two sons of Rao Gaj Singh of this Dynasty, Rao Joon and Rao Maare
came north with their mother and their Uncle Bisaldev. Bisaldev
married their mother.

Bisaldev and his family settled down in the village of Nanhakhera
(Seria) near Dighal in District of Rohtak (70 kilometers north west
of New Delhi, in the modern state of Haryana).

He had four sons, Olha, Ahlawat, Birmhan or Brebhan, and Pehlawat.

Four new Gotras originated after their names and are found settled in
30 villages around Dighal, Gochhi, (all near Rohtak).

Todd and Tarike Gujran have recorded this event by Abdul Malik.

There are fifteen villages of the Joon Gotra i.e. Chahochhi, Kakrola,
Paiharheri, Khungai, Samchana, GadiKheri, Chattahra, Nuna Mazrah,
Lowr, Desalpur, Ujarda, Anhupur, Nangla Kabit and Mani Majra.

Source: History of the Jats - Ram Swaroop Joon, 1967

The Solanki's were known as Chalukyas.

They ruled, spread all the way down from the Sindh, to modern Rajasthan, Gujrat, Mahrastra, Karnataka and Andhra

Other clans also played their leading role, -the Gangas, Kalachuris for example.

SOLANKI KHAP.
Old jat gotra with 28 villages in Mathura District. Near Fatahpur Sikri in Agra Dist famous villages Baroda, Kagarol, Mithakur. Ch Phul Singh Freedom fighter of Baroda village and his sister Champawati Freedom Fighter ex-MLA UP.

JHADSA- PALAM KHAP ALSO CALLED SOLANKI PAAL WITH 365 VILLAGES BUT THIS ALSO INCLUDE SEHRAWAT- KATARIA GOTRAS AND SOME AHIR_YADVA VILLAGES. CH BHAKTAWAR SINGH OF JHADSA VILLAGE WAS A FREEDOM FIGHTER IN 1857 WAR AND WAS HANGED BY BRITISH.

SOURCE- AADHUNIK JATHISTORY- DHARMPAL SINGH DUDEE

balrajsejwal
June 26th, 2006, 12:32 PM
respected members, ram ram
this is balraj sejwal from lado sarai(delhi), as we talked abt gotras , can anybody know about sejwal gotra, there is only 2 villages(where the all villagers are sejwal) and 3-4 villages(where 3-4 jat gotras) in delhi, i heard from my elders that previously we were sehjwal and we are from rajasthan, we attacked on delhi under king surajmal and settle here. the name of the village lado sarai(where qutab minar is), is on the name of laad singh sehjwal (who came from rajasthan) and another village is adhchini (near lado sarai).

rkumar
June 26th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Rajender ji

Kalkhande ke Muzaffarnagar (West UP) ke under 5 gaon hai all arround the Shamli

Aap khan se ho

Baliyan Sahab,

I belong to one of those five villages only. My village is Simbhalka, the first village on Shamli-Budhana Road. There are few villages in Haryana also. Also I came across some in MP and trying to find out the details from Burdak Sahab. If big is powerful then small has to be unique and beautiful I suppose...LOL...So we are a beautiful Gotra...LOL

RK^2

amitenggmalik
June 26th, 2006, 09:24 PM
i am very much sure that biggest goth in jats are MALIKS
we are largest in UP ,also in haryana

mukul_baliyan
June 27th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Baliyan Sahab,

I belong to one of those five villages only. My village is Simbhalka, the first village on Shamli-Budhana Road. There are few villages in Haryana also. Also I came across some in MP and trying to find out the details from Burdak Sahab. If big is powerful then small has to be unique and beautiful I suppose...LOL...So we are a beautiful Gotra...LOL

RK^2

Rajender ji

That's good my MAMA is also from kalkhande from Banat
and i belong from Shamli but i always heared about 3.5 villages of kalkhande in west UP. and pls give me the details when you find from Burdak Sahab

Thanks.........

atul.jhajhria
June 27th, 2006, 07:50 AM
I think Poonia are most common.

Any idea about most notorious Gotra :D

lrburdak
June 27th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Rajendra Kumarji, Namaskar

Balyan Jats are also found in Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh. They have all come from Uttar Pradesh. Thanks

shobhitdeshwal
June 27th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Sangwan UP me Meerut ke paas 4 gaon me hain, Aur Moradabad Simbhaoli ke paas Sangwan Khap ke 10-12 gaon hain. Vahan Sangwan nahi likhte Shangwan likhte hain. ANyone from Moradabad can tell better.

Anil main bhi U.P. Sangwan's ke baare main nahin jaanti....bas ye bhi hame apni badi sister ke office main ek U.P. ke Sangwan bhaiya se pata chala hai....uss bhaiya ne hi bataya tha....phir ghar aaye to poochungi.....right now he is busy.....but he told us that there are more villages of Sangwans....lakin abhi bhi 40 hi count kiye jaate hain.....kyunki sabko nahin pata, issliye.
Sangwans UP me

choudharyneelam
June 27th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Sangwan UP me Meerut ke paas 4 gaon me hain, Aur Moradabad Simbhaoli ke paas Sangwan Khap ke 10-12 gaon hain. Vahan Sangwan nahi likhte Shangwan likhte hain. ANyone from Moradabad can tell better.

Sangwans UP me

you are right shobhit......i got the same facts from my mother and that bhaiya.....thanks for telling all this:)

vishalsunsunwal
June 27th, 2006, 07:26 PM
RAM RAM SABNE ,

I don't had any idea about my gotra SUNSUNWAL @ FAUJDAR capacity , how much area we r covered would like to have some light thrown by fellow peoples but one thinG which makes proud me we r the descendent of Maharaja Surajmal , a great icon of jats .

Nice topic keep updating .

ranjitjat
June 28th, 2006, 12:26 AM
HISTORY OF SANGWAN GOTRA

Dear Anil thank you for photo.
For information to all. My book Aadhunik Jat History was published on 15 Jan 1998 by Jaypal Agency Agra with 3000 Jat Gotra. I was frist person who started Writing Jat history on this site and Sangwan Gotra was one of the main Gotras Some people got awkening from my book. Now Rajkumar Sangwan of Jhojhu village writen a booklet on Sangwan. CMDR Hawa Singh Sangwan of Mankawas village living in Bhiwani writen a book on Jats. I met him and given him advice. Another Sangwan boy doing research. This is good and I am here to help. But some people are copy paste my post from here and writing on Wiki or any where with out even giving Refrence of My book.
Some Deleted my History post other started counter threads here and on WIKI. But they will not successed.
Leg pulling made me more strong and I have written 2 more books after that. This is lesson to all .
Now Kishan Singh Sangwan MP want to know his family roots. We find the Sangwan Jagas bring them Bhiwani- Dadri- Gohana & Delhi. He got his root in KhediBura Village. I presented him with History book. Now He is collecting List of Sangwan villages all over India. He will going to send a copy to me.
You all can help by telling more about your family and Gotra.
HIstory is not politics. This is above politics. I am meeting people of every party & Ism. Jat is jat after all. Let Please give some credit and respect to our history and our historians
Let us all short out History of India Frist than we will see the world.

Dharampal

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761&highlight=SANGWAN+GOTRA

ranjitjat
June 28th, 2006, 01:11 AM
SANSANWAL- SINSINWAL- FAUJDAR GOTRA
Dear All
Every body know about Maharaja Surajmal & Sansanwal
Just Search Dudee post on this site net you will find all.

Sinsini Mae Pada huwa vah Sinsinwal Kahlaya
Yadav Kul mae unka bhai vada Naam batlaya

Sinsini sy Nikal kar ky 100 Ghar ka Gaum vasaya
100 Ghar hone per bhai Khema 100 Gahriya kahlaya

Deeg- Bharatpur- LOha Garh Jasa AJAYA Kila Chinaya
Delhi Fatah karan ny Maharaja Surajmal Sahdara Aaya

Jawahar Singh bhi Lal Kila ka Gate Bharatpur Laaya
Chahar- Nobahr- Narwal- Dudi- Dillion Faujdar van kar aaya

Jat Vijay ki Gorav Gatha ka Amar Itihas Dharmpal ny Gaya
SAmbhar- Didwana- Puskar- Bharatpur sy Dudi Vanas Aaya

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839&highlight=sahrawat

vinodks
June 28th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I don't know which is biggest Jat gotra but some of them are really old and some pretty new...

Dudeeji, there is no doubt that you have contributed a lot in Jat history and thanks for doing research on Sangwan... If some history posts got deleted thats really not good but I am not aware of that becuz I am relatively new member... but reference to your books comes in wiki pages, I don't think anyone would intentionally delete any reference... This whole process would be more effective if we all forget misconceptions and work towards the same goal of writing true history... It is up to younger generation to appreciate your hard work and take inspirations and we'll try our best in that...

-vinod

HISTORY OF SANGWAN GOTRA

Dear Anil thank you for photo.
For information to all. My book Aadhunik Jat History was published on 15 Jan 1998 by Jaypal Agency Agra with 3000 Jat Gotra. I was frist person who started Writing Jat history on this site and Sangwan Gotra was one of the main Gotras Some people got awkening from my book. Now Rajkumar Sangwan of Jhojhu village writen a booklet on Sangwan. CMDR Hawa Singh Sangwan of Mankawas village living in Bhiwani writen a book on Jats. I met him and given him advice. Another Sangwan boy doing research. This is good and I am here to help. But some people are copy paste my post from here and writing on Wiki or any where with out even giving Refrence of My book.
Some Deleted my History post other started counter threads here and on WIKI. But they will not successed.
Leg pulling made me more strong and I have written 2 more books after that. This is lesson to all .
Now Kishan Singh Sangwan MP want to know his family roots. We find the Sangwan Jagas bring them Bhiwani- Dadri- Gohana & Delhi. He got his root in KhediBura Village. I presented him with History book. Now He is collecting List of Sangwan villages all over India. He will going to send a copy to me.
You all can help by telling more about your family and Gotra.
HIstory is not politics. This is above politics. I am meeting people of every party & Ism. Jat is jat after all. Let Please give some credit and respect to our history and our historians
Let us all short out History of India Frist than we will see the world.

Dharampal

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761&highlight=SANGWAN+GOTRA

rkumar
June 28th, 2006, 12:04 PM
SANSANWAL- SINSINWAL- FAUJDAR GOTRA
Dear All
Every body know about Maharaja Surajmal & Sansanwal
Just Search Dudee post on this site net you will find all.

Sinsini Mae Pada huwa vah Sinsinwal Kahlaya
Yadav Kul mae unka bhai vada Naam batlaya

Sinsini sy Nikal kar ky 100 Ghar ka Gaum vasaya
100 Ghar hone per bhai Khema 100 Gahriya kahlaya

Deeg- Bharatpur- LOha Garh Jasa AJAYA Kila Chinaya
Delhi Fatah karan ny Maharaja Surajmal Sahdara Aaya

Jawahar Singh bhi Lal Kila ka Gate Bharatpur Laaya
Chahar- Nobahr- Narwal- Dudi- Dillion Faujdar van kar aaya

Jat Vijay ki Gorav Gatha ka Amar Itihas Dharmpal ny Gaya
SAmbhar- Didwana- Puskar- Bharatpur sy Dudi Vanas Aaya

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839&highlight=sahrawat

Dudee Sahab,

You are an encyclopedia of Jat Gotra history. I have been trying my level best to look for my Gotra villages and have been able to locate few in Haryana. Also I saw some names on Madhya Pradesh Jat hisptry page. I have written to Burdak Sahab also to help me locate Khalkhande gotra villages in MP. May be there are some in Rajasthan and Punjab also as told by my village elders. I would really appreciate if you can also find out about my Gotra villages.

Regards
Rajendra

sushil12
June 28th, 2006, 01:52 PM
hi Rajender uncle ji

PANWAR ke Muzaffarnagar (West UP) ke under 6-7 gaon hai all arround the PANWAR.My village is at delhi-shamli road .and LATE mr.mahiveer singh panwar (justics).is belongs ailum.

Aap khan se ho

rkumar
June 28th, 2006, 02:10 PM
hi Rajender uncle ji

PANWAR ke Muzaffarnagar (West UP) ke under 6-7 gaon hai all arround the PANWAR.My village is at delhi-shamli road .and LATE mr.mahiveer singh panwar (justics).is belongs ailum.

Aap khan se ho

Panwars are wide spread all over India. There are Panwars in Bhaiswal, malandi also near Shamli (Shamli Majra Road). Sharad Pawar is also I am sure one of you only..

RK^2

tkdjat
June 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Im very much curious to know more about my Got DEVENDA & my mom's JAKHAR.....waiting...

thanks!

luv,
Himanshu

lrburdak
June 28th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Dear Rajendra Kumar ji

I did one analysis of list by Jat Sabha Bhopal and found 7 Kalkhanda out of total 1092. They were all in Bhopal. They have come from UP. There is one lady IFS officer who is also Kalkhande posted at place Seoni. She is from UP.
Thanks

Dudee Sahab,

You are an encyclopedia of Jat Gotra history. I have been trying my level best to look for my Gotra villages and have been able to locate few in Haryana. Also I saw some names on Madhya Pradesh Jat hisptry page. I have written to Burdak Sahab also to help me locate Khalkhande gotra villages in MP. May be there are some in Rajasthan and Punjab also as told by my village elders. I would really appreciate if you can also find out about my Gotra villages.

Regards
Rajendra

rkumar
June 28th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Dear Rajendra Kumar ji

I did one analysis of list by Jat Sabha Bhopal and found 7 Kalkhanda out of total 1092. They were all in Bhopal. They have come from UP. There is one lady IFS officer who is also Kalkhande posted at place Seoni. She is from UP.
Thanks

Thanks a lot Burdak Sahab.

Rajendra

ranjitjat
June 28th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Dear Laxman ji
Thank you for information. Can you help in collecting total Gotras of jats in MP CHHATIS GARH- JHARKHAND- BIHAR ETC
We know Kamal Patel is Dudi. I heard Nand.k Patel C . Minister in 36 Garh is also a Dudi Jat from Rajasthan.
cheers

vikaskajal
June 29th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Namste Dudee Sir;
My Gotra is Kajal(not a big gotra).Only a few villages in Rohtak,Jind and Panipat.But I have seen kajla gotra people around Bahadurgarh.Are they different, or its only the difference in pronunciation ?
May be you can throw some light.
Thanks
Vikas

mukul_baliyan
June 29th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Dear Laxman ji
Thank you for information. Can you help in collecting total Gotras of jats in MP CHHATIS GARH- JHARKHAND- BIHAR ETC
We know Kamal Patel is Dudi. I heard Nand.k Patel C . Minister in 36 Garh is also a Dudi Jat from Rajasthan.
cheers

Dharampal Singh ji

i have read in a news letter isued from any Jat Sabha that there are total 1000 gotras of jats

is it true

Mukul Baliyan

anilsangwan
June 29th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Uncle Ji,

There is a diff between Panwar and Pawar. Panwars are jat bhais as we all see in Villages of Delhi like " Neb Sarai", "Lado Sarai" etc...

However, pawars are in Maharashtra..they are Marathi and Sharad Pawar is also a Marathi.

I am not sure if long back they moved and started using pawar instead of pawar. But there are many many Pawars there and even backward classes too...

Cheers!

Panwars are wide spread all over India. There are Panwars in Bhaiswal, malandi also near Shamli (Shamli Majra Road). Sharad Pawar is also I am sure one of you only..

RK^2

ranjitjat
June 29th, 2006, 08:29 AM
DEAR ANIL- RK JI AND ALL.
Thank you very much for your interest
Panwar- Pawar is a jat Gotra
village Khacroli is Panwar Gotra Jats our relative. Raja Bhoj of Dhara Nagri was Panwar- Famous Poet Hari OM Panwar Is a Jat.
Meham Old city was founded by a Panwar Jat. We have Panwar Khap In Dadri tehsil - Bond- Sawad- Kalanor. They were Jats than changed to Rajput and somre became Muslim Raghad.

RK JI- KALKHANDE IS OLD NAG VANSI GOTRA FROM MATHURA DEAH. STARTED BY KALU NAG.
THERE ARE 100 NAG VANSI JAT GOTRAS.
KAJAL- KAJLA ALSO A NAG VANSI GOTRA.
THERE ARE 2709 JAT GOTRA IN OUR BOOK. IF WE COUNT JAT OF PAKISTAN- PANJAB- SINDH- GUJRAT. ALL WILL BE OUR 4000.

BALYAN- BAL- BALODA- BALVADA IS A SAME GOTRA. MY MAMA JI FROM JAITPUR- JHARODA- BHURWAS IN JHUNJHANU DIST ARE BALODA.
CH. SAMPAT SINGH EX-MINISTER HARYANA IS A BALODA GOTRA JAT. GOPI & SANDWA VILLAGE IN BHIWANI ARE SOME BALODA JATS.
WE ALL KNOW ABOUT BALYAN KHAP OF 84 AND CH MAHINDER SINGH TIAKET HERD OF ALL SARAVKHAP OF NORTH INDIA.

rkumar
June 29th, 2006, 12:11 PM

Interesting. Dudee Sahab, some people in west bengal still write Nag as their surname. Any relationbship between two?

RK^2

kabeer
June 29th, 2006, 04:17 PM
in my opinion MALIK is the biggest gotra in jats.

sktewatia
July 2nd, 2006, 05:28 PM
DEAR ANIL- RK JI AND ALL.
Thank you very much for your interest
Panwar- Pawar is a jat Gotra
village Khacroli is Panwar Gotra Jats our relative. Raja Bhoj of Dhara Nagri was Panwar- Famous Poet Hari OM Panwar Is a Jat.
Meham Old city was founded by a Panwar Jat. We have Panwar Khap In Dadri tehsil - Bond- Sawad- Kalanor. They were Jats than changed to Rajput and somre became Muslim Raghad.

THERE ARE 2709 JAT GOTRA IN OUR BOOK. IF WE COUNT JAT OF PAKISTAN- PANJAB- SINDH- GUJRAT. ALL WILL BE OUR 4000.

BALYAN- BAL- BALODA- BALVADA IS A SAME GOTRA. MY MAMA JI FROM JAITPUR- JHARODA- BHURWAS IN JHUNJHANU DIST ARE BALODA.
CH. SAMPAT SINGH EX-MINISTER HARYANA IS A BALODA GOTRA JAT. GOPI & SANDWA VILLAGE IN BHIWANI ARE SOME BALODA JATS.
WE ALL KNOW ABOUT BALYAN KHAP OF 84 AND CH MAHINDER SINGH TIAKET HERD OF ALL SARAVKHAP OF NORTH INDIA.

And if you go further west and north, passing through afghanistan, Iran, Russisn and Europe nationas, Jat gotras exceed 10000. Turbulent politics of Central Asia and Europe absorbed Jats with other population at many of these places. And no longer they may call them as Jats. Most of their clans are till today same as Indian Jat gots. Variation of Jat as got, get, goth, getae also occurs. But once we counted Indian Jat goths they were exceeding 5000. Many of them looked similar like Sindhu/Sandhu/Sidhu and Rawat/Sehrawat/Saurot etc. But further investigation revealed that though meaning wise they are same but originally they are different and inter marriages were taking place amongst them. Some were not original gots were just titles like Dagars. I've seen marriages in Palwal area where Dagars marry among Dagars also. Some Dagar Jats have original got as Chhonker and some are Kaler/Caler/Clair Dagars. Jat gots are like ocean like Zoo where almost all ruling dynasties of Asia and Europe have their gots in Jats.

lamba_amit_iitr
July 2nd, 2006, 11:05 PM
my gotra is not so big
but i have heard that DAHIYA is the biggest gotra among jats:)

ranjitjat
July 3rd, 2006, 01:27 AM
DEAR HIMANSHU DEVENDA
I CAN HANDLE JAKHAR AT THE MOVEMENT.
I WILL COME BACK TO ON DEVENDA. YOU CAN TELL US WHAT EVER YOU KNOW OR HEARD ABOUT YOUR GOTRA.

PLEASE TREAT ALL POSTS IN GOOD BROTHERHOOD.
WE ARE ALL BROTHERS. NOT DECLARING WAR ON ANY SMALL OR BIG GOTRA. THIS IS ONLY EXCHANFE OF INFORMATION.

AKHAR JAT GOTRA
According Jaga record Sangu- Jakhu and Kadya were three real brother.
They started 3 new Gotra.
Sangu- Sanga- Sangram Singh= Sangwan gotra
Kadya- Kadyu= Kadyan Gotra
Jakha- Jakhu = Jhakar Gotra
The 3 Gotras not enter in to matrimonial alliance unti 50 years ago. There was a Panchayat of 3 Gotra and they decided to open marriage among them.
Jakha came from Rajasthan same time with Sangu. They halted near Sahlawas and founded 36 villages with head village Salhawas.
LAdayan- Hamampur- Khanpur klan- Khurd. Mohanvadi- Jhasva khurd- Klan- Jhadli- Sasroli- Akehadi- Jhamri- Amoli - Dhana- Dan was in Jhajjar dist. Begoa in Bhiwani district near Imlota.
They had many war with muslim ruler of Delhi- Nabab of Jhajjar and Nahad. Ahlawat and other khaps helped them during these war.
Bala- Balram Jhakar of shalabas was a well known warrior.
I have seen the famous Havali- Fort of Balram in Shalawas village.
BALRAM JAKHAR GOVERNOR OF MP & EX SPEAKER IS FAMOUS PERSON
OF PANCHKOSI VILLAGE IN ABOHAR PANJAB
More History
Jakhar is a gotra of the Jat clan. The gotra is found in the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana, and in particular Rajasthan. The lineage is known for being landowners in the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan. They are considered to be descendants of King Jakhbhadra. They belong to satwat vans of Kshatriyas. Mr. W. Crook in his book “Castes of North-west provinces and Avadh” has mentioned that the king of Dwaraka had a huge bow and arrow and he proposed that whoever breaks this would be given a status above the king. The Jakhar King tried but failed. The failure made him leave his state and settled in Bikaner that was known as Jangladesh. This finds a mention by Pandit Amichand Sharma in his book ‘Jat Varna Mimansa’. Jakhar king made his capital at Reni (Taranagar).

The evidences of kingdom of Jakhars can be found at Madhauli, which was in Jaipur state probably near Marwar boarder. Muslims ruled Fatehpur,Shekhawati at that time. There was a war between Muslims and Jakhars near Madhauli. One Jakhar chieftain Lada Singh ruled at place known as Ladan in Rohtak district. Thus many chieftains of Jakhars have ruled in Punjab and Rajasthan.

source- AADHUNIK JAT HISTORY- DHARMPAL SINGH DUDEE

sktewatia
July 3rd, 2006, 02:09 AM
my gotra is not so big
but i have heard that DAHIYA is the biggest gotra among jats:)

Lambas are also in large numbers but not as many as dahiyas are. They are found in Sikhs and Muslims also. In Europe also I've seen this surname as Lambe.

rkumar
July 3rd, 2006, 10:26 AM
.....According Jaga record Sangu- Jakhu and Kadya were three real brother.
They started 3 new Gotra.
Sangu- Sanga- Sangram Singh= Sangwan gotra
Kadya- Kadyu= Kadyan Gotra
Jakha- Jakhu = Jhakar Gotra

Dudee Sahab,

This is too simplistic a version about these great Jat gotras and more like that of grand mother story. I can not say much about Jhakars but the roots of Sangwan and Kadyan are far too deeper and wider. History of Kadyans can be traced back all the way to Elm empire in persia and same is about Sangwans.

Regards
Rajendra

ranjitjat
July 10th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Dudee Sahab,

This is too simplistic a version about these great Jat gotras and more like that of grand mother story. I can not say much about Jhakars but the roots of Sangwan and Kadyan are far too deeper and wider. History of Kadyans can be traced back all the way to Elm empire in persia and same is about Sangwans.

Regards
Rajendra

RK JI
This is what we know about these gotras. Before move out from Rajasthan by New Rajput union.
Other is Mother net story. No taker for this story that- Kadiyan In Izrial. Dundee in Scotland a Jat Kingdom & Taj Mahal by a Jat king.
We have to find the missing link in Jat history. If you have any proof. that is good link. Produce them here.
cheers

rkumar
July 10th, 2006, 08:38 PM
RK JI
This is what we know about these gotras. Before move out from Rajasthan by New Rajput union.
Other is Mother net story. No taker for this story that- Kadiyan In Izrial. Dundee in Scotland a Jat Kingdom & Taj Mahal by a Jat king.
We have to find the missing link in Jat history. If you have any proof. that is good link. Produce them here.
cheers

Here are few links on Kadians;

1. http://www.russianmartialart.com/catalog/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=64&reviews_id=154&osCsid=923f75dcd7bb0a0cd938ef225ecd153c

2. http://lordsofeverquest.station.sony.com/elddar_alliance/unit_lord_kadian.jsp

3. http://www.remax-quebec.com/en/agent/model01.jsp;jsessionid=BF0ABD3CD6132091C06F65A7169 EBCF5.t2?ida=13152

4. http://www.education.umd.edu/mimaue/Symposia/2004/r_summaries/KadianHowell.pdf

5. http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/viewcharacter/id/22173.htm

6. http://www.weddingvendors.com/baby-names/meaning/kadian/

7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=15754550&dopt=Abstract

8. http://john-n-anna.tripod.com/

9. http://profiles.takingitglobal.org/Keisha

10. http://www.vibesconnect.com/kutekid

11. http://www.kadian.com/pages/default.aspx

There was Akkadian empire almost 1000 BC;

http://www.angelfire.com/nt/Gilgamesh/akkadian.html

Dudee Sahab, I can go on forever and produce 100s of links on Kadians and Sangwans. One can find them all over the world..

RK^2

anila_singh
July 10th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Kuldeep Ji Bharatpur is Full of Sinsinwars....also West UP is crowded by Chahars....I think sabhi log yahan apne apne gotra ko biggest bata rahe hai

netrapalsingh
July 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM

sabse bada gotra hai JAT
iske age sab chota hai
:D

mpsdelhi
July 13th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Netrapal, tune is chhote-bade ka pitara khulwa kai kum tai kum nyun to ujagar kar diya ke hamare beech main kitni lakreerein hain...aur hum sab aajkal ke jamane main bhi hathelee soonghte nahin thakte...

Pagdi sambhal jata...